Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v City?

Alisson Becker
      7 (19.4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (2.8%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      4 (11.1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (2.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (2.8%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      2 (5.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (2.8%)
      Diogo Jota
      7 (19.4%)
      Cody Gakpo
      6 (16.7%)
      Mohammed Salah
      5 (13.9%)
      James Milner
      1 (2.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: Apr 05, 2023 02:25:51 pm

Manchester City 4-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16548 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Re: Manchester City 4-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #552: Apr 01, 2023 04:39:14 pm
      I just can’t get why our lads stood off and let them play how they wanted. Why didn’t they engage ? I can’t remember ANYONE making a tackle second half 🤷‍♂️

F**k knows about motm ?
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 922 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #553: Apr 01, 2023 04:40:54 pm

Changed some what second half
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #554: Apr 01, 2023 04:41:16 pm
      Game was a good reflection of where we are as a squad.
      Second goal highlights Fab and Jordan are done. They were still in the center circle by the time De Bruyne poked the ball in on the six yard box, after all starting off on the halfway line at the same time.
      Regardless if we invest in midfield, all teams are going to target the right side if we leave Trent there forevermore. Love his talent, we just need to sure ourselves up and become hard to beat, and I don’t think that’s possible without sacrificing some of the midfield battle as he can’t hold his own on the flank.
      Worth mentioning Robbo had a woeful performance too. Still dreaming about Spain.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #555: Apr 01, 2023 04:53:51 pm
      Glad when this dreadful season comes to an end !!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #556: Apr 01, 2023 05:03:55 pm
      Agree.

But on the players, my opinion is that Nunez is a rough diamond, personally think he’s more suited to playing on the left than he is down the middle where I think his technical ability lets him down, but I can’t see him edging a fully fit Diaz out the side.

Gakpo I worry about. I think he will be a flop. Apart from that united game I haven’t seen him offer anything.

100m+ spent on two subs, potentially.

Can’t disagree

Nunez has a lot of raw pace but lacks composure and any level of game intelligence

Gakpo - he looked superb against Utd but beyond I haven’t seen enough. 

Diaz being away is a big miss
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #557: Apr 01, 2023 05:04:25 pm
      Nothing at all to do with the substandard performance on the field then?!?
      You FSG boys are masters of deflection.

What are you dribbling on about now
      « Last Edit: Apr 01, 2023 05:09:59 pm by Lallana in Pyjamas »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #558: Apr 01, 2023 05:09:32 pm
      To be fair the debate is worth having.

Anyone thinking the manager isn't culpable for this shower of sh*t in some way had their head in the sand.

That's fine, but I also want the players to take some responsibility too. Manager can only do so much, it's still on players to perform and those overpaid tw*ts downed tools in that 2nd half.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #559: Apr 01, 2023 05:12:58 pm
      That's fine, but I also want the players to take some responsibility too. Manager can only do so much, it's still on players to perform and those overpaid tw*ts downed tools in that 2nd half.

Again I don't disagree mate.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #560: Apr 01, 2023 05:14:45 pm
      Read the comment again where it says Jürgen is "on board" with the owners and avoids being confrontational.
      You are getting confused as your support for the owners is confusing in itself.

I'm not confused at all mate.

Difference is you think Jürgen is 'onboard' as he doesn't want to get the sack or something.

He's onboard because he wants to be.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #561: Apr 01, 2023 05:17:36 pm

Was more frustration still at the performance, can't be arsed with the manager argument, it's some of the F***ing player's attitudes, one goal against is all it takes now for some heads to drop.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #562: Apr 01, 2023 05:19:32 pm
      Was more frustration still at the performance, can't be arsed with the manager argument, it's some of the F***ing player's attitudes, one goal against is all it takes now for some heads to drop.

And it's not even one or two heads. It's normally nearly all of them.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 922 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #563: Apr 01, 2023 05:22:07 pm
      The attitude in the second half was shocking
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #564: Apr 01, 2023 05:25:40 pm
      I'm not confused at all mate.

Difference is you think Jürgen is 'onboard' as he doesn't want to get the sack or something.

He's onboard because he wants to be.

You can’t be that naive to think he has always been 100% satisfied with everything within the club and that he’s never once considered his huge salary or that he and his family are happy and settled in Liverpool too, surely.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #565: Apr 01, 2023 05:30:57 pm
      You can’t be that naive to think he has always been 100% satisfied with everything within the club and that he’s never once considered his huge salary or that he and his family are happy and settled in Liverpool too, surely.

I'd agree that thought may be somewhere in his mind but I think the biggest reason he's not been calling out the ownership over signings etc is that's because they as a group all think along the same lines.

He's said on countless occasions almost that signing players all the time isn't how he works.

Words to that affect anyway.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #566: Apr 01, 2023 05:50:21 pm
      I'd agree that thought may be somewhere in his mind but I think the biggest reason he's not been calling out the ownership over signings etc is that's because they as a group all think along the same lines.

He's said on countless occasions almost that signing players all the time isn't how he works.

He’s more of a coach than a manager I agree and I think a certain level of stubbornness comes into it too or possibly blind faith with some players.

But he’s also hinted several times in certain interviews he would like reinforcements too and that’s coming from a man who will not publicly criticise the ownership or his players.

Some players have given interviews over the years and they’ve been asked what klopp is like behind closed doors and they’ve all said he can ‘lose it’ with them and it’s not unusual for him to do so either.

But we’ve never seen that in public, ever. All he ever does is praise them. It’s part of his fantastic man management. And it prevents the media from making bullshit stories too which he has said dozens and dozens of times that he hates.

One of the reasons he won’t publicly criticise the owners or publicly demand new players is because of what it does for the morale of the squad. He would basically be suggesting that they’re not good enough. What would that do to the likes of Curtis Jones who klopp might need to call upon one day? I think most of us would agree curtis Jones isn’t good enough for this club, certainly not to start week in week out, yet if you ever hear klopp talk about him you would think he’s bloody zidane.

Another reason is, as soon as klopp comes out and says we desperately need players, what does that do to the price tags of our targets? They all rocket. But if we can put our best poker face on and bluff we will walk away from potential deals then the selling club are forced into selling. It’s one of many reasons why we’ve been successful in the market over Jurgens time here.

I could literally write a book for why klopp doesn’t publicly criticise the owners. I love him for it. I love him as a man. I love him managing our football club. But anyone suggesting klopp would come out and blast the owners at any given opportunity or walk away if he wasn’t totally on board with everything within the club are simply talking bollocks.

LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #567: Apr 01, 2023 06:23:41 pm
      9 league defeats in a season already is unreal, the Utd win feels like it belongs in another season now, worst since Hodgson was in charge; massive rebuilding programme now and without CL money coming in too
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #568: Apr 01, 2023 06:29:10 pm

Has he not also said that from time to time he wishes they (FSG) would take more risks (financially).
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #569: Apr 01, 2023 06:43:47 pm
      https://twitter.com/ptgorst/status/1642220029616816132?s=46&t=_4uI6CiVRqge8WqM7F37Iw

It’s time for the authorities to do something about this
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2714 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #570: Apr 01, 2023 06:54:01 pm

It’s always the same way nothing changes. They think an apology makes it all go away, that goes for ALL fans that chant at respective clubs.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #571: Apr 01, 2023 06:56:52 pm
      It’s always the same way nothing changes. They think an apology makes it all go away, that goes for ALL fans that chant at respective clubs.

https://twitter.com/mancity/status/1642202676665409536?s=46&t=_4uI6CiVRqge8WqM7F37Iw

Bus attacked as well

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #572: Apr 01, 2023 06:57:04 pm
      Has he not also said that from time to time he wishes they (FSG) would take more risks (financially).

Yea I think he has yea and of course there will always be occasions when he and they don't fully agree.

But I was responding to Stuey who seems to think Jürgen doesn't work well with FSG and is only still here for other reasons.

He broadly speaking is fully aligned with how the club is run under these owners.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #573: Apr 01, 2023 07:05:26 pm
      It's a bit rich of a few on here to complain about the attitude of the players when they themselves throw the towel in at the first sign of adversity
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #574: Apr 01, 2023 07:06:25 pm
      Chelsea game will be interesting.

They're just as bad as we are.

Quick Reply