Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v City?

Alisson Becker
      7 (19.4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (2.8%)
      Ibrahima KonatƩ
      4 (11.1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (2.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (2.8%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      2 (5.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (2.8%)
      Diogo Jota
      7 (19.4%)
      Cody Gakpo
      6 (16.7%)
      Mohammed Salah
      5 (13.9%)
      James Milner
      1 (2.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Darwin NĆŗƱez
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: Apr 05, 2023 02:25:51 pm

Manchester City 4-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16533 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Re: Manchester City 4-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #575: Apr 01, 2023 07:07:38 pm
      It's a bit rich of a few on here to complain about the attitude of the players when they themselves throw the towel in at the first sign of adversity

We're not paid F***ing thousands for the privilege!!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,180 posts | 1097 
      Reply #576: Apr 01, 2023 07:25:35 pm
      We're not paid f**king thousands for the privilege!!
      Well said
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,180 posts | 1097 
      Reply #577: Apr 01, 2023 07:26:48 pm
      Chelsea game will be interesting.

They're just as bad as we are.
      Neither of us can seem to find our ass with both hands
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,310 posts | 775 
      Reply #578: Apr 01, 2023 07:33:48 pm
      It's a bit rich of a few on here to complain about the attitude of the players when they themselves throw the towel in at the first sign of adversity
      It's not the first sign of adversity though is it? We gladly give the team credit when they do well, or even put some semblance of an effort in....But we are well within the remit of being true Liverpool supporting fans to call them out when they stink the f**kin gaff out....again. If you prefer not to, that's your call, but don't hammer those who have the right to criticise.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #579: Apr 01, 2023 07:34:49 pm
      Neither of us can seem to find our ass with both hands

It could well end in a draw, with both sides so out of form this season. Next game being Arsenal !
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #580: Apr 01, 2023 07:35:27 pm

Jesus wept
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,875 posts | 420 
      Reply #581: Apr 01, 2023 07:37:35 pm
      Yea itā€™s the 8th in the league plus the 2 in the cups and two more CL - 12 defeats away from home

2 defeats at home in comparison

Defended TAA a lot but time for Gomez to come in

Or time for 3 at the back away from home

F***ing Gomez. Its time we signed another proper right back.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #582: Apr 01, 2023 07:38:20 pm

Yes Gomez - the same Gomez who has done very well anytime he has played there
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,875 posts | 420 
      Reply #583: Apr 01, 2023 07:38:45 pm
      Yes Gomez - the same Gomez who has done very well anytime he has played there

Hes sh*t. If we want to get back to finishing above 7th we need better than that at full back.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #584: Apr 01, 2023 07:39:10 pm

He isnā€™t ā€œsh*tā€ ffs 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,875 posts | 420 
      Reply #585: Apr 01, 2023 07:44:18 pm
      He is sh*t. sh*t, piss and w*nk. Has been fir years.

Its embarrassing for a club our size to have a poor centre back and a 38 year old midfielder as the right back options behind Trent.

Had this discussion with you before. We are weak as F**k in that area and time you admitted it.

More importantly time the club did something about it.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,701 posts | 150 
      Reply #586: Apr 01, 2023 07:46:07 pm
      Our fans leaving before the game finished is something that I never expected to see this season.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #587: Apr 01, 2023 07:53:58 pm
      So investment, FSG the F***ing wankers, midfield, aside ... quick moan ...

TAA should have been F***ing dropped weeks ago. He is a liability every time he plays. The odd hollywood pass aside, he can't defend. Guys are just gliding past him, it's F***ing embarrassing. He's not getting tackles in in important areas, he's out of position, and generally looks like he doesn't want to defend anymore. Enough already. DROP him. Get Milly in. Though even Gomez would be better.

First things first. Be F***ing harder to beat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elliot is a child among men. He's not a midfielder. He'll 'do a job' against Southampton and in the Cups. But he's not a starter in a side that want to challenge.

Why the F**k is JĆ¼rgen bringing on AOC as a sub. When I see that, I wonder what in the name of Christ is Klopp thinking. No matter what angle I come at it from, I can't think of any good reason. None.

Why did we wait until we are 3-1 down and the game was over to bring on 4 subs. It's too F***ing LATE.

JĆ¼rgen, please, I love you man, but just please.

Regarding Gapko and Nunez, just based on time to date, and I'm open to change this ...

I like Gapko, he has good control and can run with the ball and find a pass. Tall, but not awkward.
      He needs to improve up his intensity and get some shots away.
      But I think he can be a player for us.

Am worried about Nunez, though I think would be in the minority.
      Over the years our front 3 have been brilliant as a unit, finding each other, technically strong.
      Nunez can score, but I just don't see us functioning as a slick unit up there when he plays, his passing and decision making can be incredibly poor.
      Yes, he will get some goals, but being a 'Captain Choas', not being able to predict what he's going to do, his teammates not knowing either, is not going to get us challenging for a title.

I dunno.

Not getting top4, no chance.

Battle of the unwhelmers now on Tues.  A meaningless midtable clash of also rans.

Couple of beers at a family thing there. And plan on a few more...
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,062 posts | 2110 
      Reply #588: Apr 01, 2023 08:14:20 pm
      We're not paid f**king thousands for the privilege!!

That's the difference at the end of the day.

This isn't a rant against our players but footballers in general.

The bigger the wages get, the greater the proximity between player and supporter there will be. With greater wages comes greater responsibility but you would scarcely believe it given the juvenile, infantile / arrested development nature that defines so many players these days. Absolute load of f**king vapid, whored out by club and sports brand pricks are modern footballers. Perfectly defined by those lobotomised, Salt Bae shafting vacuous looking cu*ts that are Messi and Ronaldo who are seemingly the apex to every other footballer out there despite indulging in criminal behaviour and happy to let blood money soak further into the realms of our game. Most the cu*ts can't promise to give 1% of their weekly wage to good causes, they're that f**king insular.

F**k off back to your mock tudor mansions with your garish white furniture sets and trophy wives. No doubt they'll be just fine - VIP hospitality to the next big boxing match or Chris Brown concert will sort your life out just fine.

But we're meant to feel sorry for them.
      « Last Edit: Apr 01, 2023 10:05:37 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #589: Apr 01, 2023 08:18:46 pm
      Hard to digest this game today. We just weren't at the races. You have to say City played at their absolute best. Never seen Grealish plat as good. Them missing Erling suited them better playing us.

I always try and stay positive and look for something from a defeat but it's clear to me now that Hendo and Fabinho provide nothing for this team now. Fabs just looks shot, he was never the quickest but his footballing brain is gone. Hendo just looks knackered, just can't keep up.

Let's go again lads, let's try and win our remaining games and see what happens. Diaz coming back with Nunez through the middle should help us with goals.

YNWA..
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #590: Apr 01, 2023 08:24:26 pm
      I only saw the last ten minutes but I donā€™t get why Milner came on?

Chelsea and Arsenal next. Should be fun!
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,310 posts | 775 
      Reply #591: Apr 01, 2023 08:43:52 pm

That's the difference at the end of the day.

This isn't a rant against our players but footballers in general.

The bigger the wages get, the greater the proximity between player and supporter there will be. With greater wages comes greater responsibility but you would scarcely believe it given the juvenile, infantile / arrested development nature that defines so many players these days. Absolute load of f**king vapid, whored out by club and sports brand pricks are modern footballers. Perfectly defined by those lobotomised, Salt Bae shafting vacuous looking cu*ts that are Messi and Ronaldo who are seemingly the apex of football to every other footballer out there despite indulging in criminal behaviour and happy to let blood money soak further into the realms of our game. Most the cu*ts can't promise to give 1% of their weekly wage to good causes, they're that f**king insular.

F**k off back to your mock tudor mansions with your garish white furniture sets and trophy wives. No doubt they'll be just fine - VIP hospitality to the next big boxing match or Chris Brown concert will sort your life out just fine.

But we're meant to feel sorry for them.
      Clear, concise and accurate description of the majority of modern players. Well said.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #592: Apr 01, 2023 08:47:26 pm

Is this the first sign?

That nap must have been way longer than I thought ffs.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #593: Apr 01, 2023 09:19:41 pm
      Is this the first sign?

That nap must have been way longer than I thought ffs.

No, but as soon as we don't win a couple of games you get the usual clueless miserable cu*ts spouting the same old sh*t. The way some turn so quickly on players is frankly laughable. Amazing that when we struggle the fsg thread goes mad, all the players are sh*t and people start mentioning their wages. Of course I understand the frustration of a lot on here but there are those who just get off on misery and cannot articulate in any sensible or coherent way. Why bring Milner on ? Who else was there ? The simple fact is the team is shot mentally and physically. Nobody is exempt from criticism but the amount of nonsense on here is ridiculous.
      « Last Edit: Apr 01, 2023 09:25:35 pm by FATKOPITE10 »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #594: Apr 01, 2023 10:01:05 pm
      Perhaps I am just trying to channel my frustration elsewhere or raging against the dying of the light
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,127 posts | 83 
      Reply #595: Apr 01, 2023 10:08:28 pm
      I donā€™t get why Milner came on?

Because he can and wants to tackle. Iā€˜d give Milner a 3 year contract. The guy is the perfect back-up plan for next years. Heā€˜s in shape and will stay there due to his training regime, heā€˜s versatile and he wont b*tch about being plan B.

I am still not seeing why they signed Gakpo. I just do not see him being essential to this team. Diaz-Nunez-Salah and Jota as a back-up. Gakpo will be our new Ox.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #596: Apr 01, 2023 10:21:11 pm
      the same Gomez who has done very well anytime he has played there

'very well' is pushing it somewhat.  Let's face it, we prefer to see Gomez at right back because he's an unmitigated disaster at centre-back.  In an ideal world we'd have better cover in both positions.

but as soon as we don't win a couple of games

Not 'not won a couple' of games.  Lost the last 3 games.  And it was perhaps the manner of all three defeats - didn't look like any fight in any of them, from players or manager.  They weren't unlucky defeats, or we threw everything into it. Very worrying IMO.

We're in 8th now and looking at the teams above us, hate to say it, but it looks a genuine position.  Think that's the position we will finish in as well.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #597: Apr 01, 2023 10:23:21 pm

Keep saying it, just canā€™t understand why we stood off them all when they had the ball. It made it so easy for them to play. They probably couldnā€™t believe they had so much space to operate in, in every area of the pitch.
      When they attacked they often had more attackers in our box than we had defenders.

How could we be so lapse ?
      Surely someone in the side had the balls to shout out and get organised rather than let it continue ?

I just donā€™t get it. The second half we werenā€™t outplayed, we just threw the towel in with no one taking responsibility. And itā€™s happened too often this season.

Where are the leaders 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

Quick Reply