Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Alisson Becker
      23 (51.1%)
      Joe Gomez
      3 (6.7%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      7 (15.6%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (6.7%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      1 (2.2%)
      Diogo Jota
      2 (4.4%)
      Darwin Núñez
      2 (4.4%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (2.2%)
      James Milner
      2 (4.4%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (2.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Voting closed: Apr 08, 2023 09:54:45 pm

Chelsea 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 11270 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Re: Chelsea 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: Apr 04, 2023 10:17:56 pm
      I voted for him, was either him or Ali.

James came on and actually looked up for it, no one else did!

He even made successful passes compared to the other 3 that stole a living in midfield, tonight!

Can't remember Gomez doing a lot wrong was no worse then TAA that's for sure
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,974 posts | 666 
      Reply #369: Apr 04, 2023 10:22:25 pm
      We don't have a bad squad, but we do have a dysfunctional squad. The senior players look finished, while the younger players are not ready for this level of fixture. Sorry to say it but there's a fair amount of dross too. If you're not making, or scoring goals as a striker...then perhaps they need to go.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #370: Apr 04, 2023 10:22:29 pm

Gomez?

How many times did he put balls out for corners when he actually could have only conceded a throw in?  The one late on when he’s defending and he kicks it straight up in the air inside the box and

finally ….gets in the way of Hendo when we might have actually got a decent cross in for once in our lives. To be fair on that one, didn’t see replay, so not sure if that was just another sh*t cross from Jordan.

I agree TAA has been woeful.
      Liverjack
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #371: Apr 04, 2023 10:23:45 pm
      All I can say is this game feels like a defeat yet I’m more worried about Hendo & Ali having words. If the majority of us guys stick together the last thing we need to see is the lads in Red falling apart in front of our eyes

Keep it together Redmen
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #372: Apr 04, 2023 10:24:27 pm

I agree, he was 6/10 in general. Although in the past when he's played RB, he tended to get further up and get involved in attack. Tonight it looked like Konate wanted to take on that role, lost count of how many times he got stuck in past the midline and more than a couple it caused us an issue behind him. Was just weird.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #373: Apr 04, 2023 10:24:52 pm
      If James Milner is a LB than TAA can be a midfielder. Can't be much worse then he has at RB
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #374: Apr 04, 2023 10:25:06 pm
      All I can say is this game feels like a defeat yet I’m more worried about Hendo & Ali having words. If the majority of us guys stick together the last thing we need to see is the lads in Red falling apart in front of our eyes

Keep it together Redmen

Well, if we have to pick between Hendo and Ali, I know who I'm showing the door.

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #375: Apr 04, 2023 10:25:48 pm
      Who voted Jones? I mean, WTF?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #376: Apr 04, 2023 10:25:49 pm
      If James Milner is a LB than TAA can be a midfielder. Can't be much worse then he has at RB

I was always against this but at this point....why not try it out for a couple of games. Put Milner at RB and Trent in midfield. He literally can't be ANY worse than what we had there tonight (or last game).
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #377: Apr 04, 2023 10:28:13 pm

How do you know ? Fabinho started his career at RB btw.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #378: Apr 04, 2023 10:31:46 pm
      Gomez?

How many times did he put balls out for corners when he actually could have only conceded a throw in?  The one late on when he’s defending and he kicks it straight up in the air inside the box and

finally ….gets in the way of Hendo when we might have actually got a decent cross in for once in our lives. To be fair on that one, didn’t see replay, so not sure if that was just another sh*t cross from Jordan.

I agree TAA has been woeful.

Come on mate not saying he was perfect but some little errors was never really exposed . Like I say was no worse than Trent didn't offer much going forward apart from a long shot which was a shot more on target than Jota , Bobby .
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #379: Apr 04, 2023 10:32:16 pm
      How do you know ? Fabinho started his career at RB btw.

Maybe he should go back there
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #380: Apr 04, 2023 10:50:06 pm

We should just cash out on him. Liverpool is not a charity,  we should be ruthless and cash out on players when they decline. I wouldn't lose sleep over any midfielder that leaves in this team.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #381: Apr 04, 2023 10:53:30 pm
      wow.....describe this game, not wanting to win enough, trying not to lose. Jürgen ??
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #382: Apr 04, 2023 10:56:00 pm
      how the F**k we are 8th in the table is beyond me.....An Absolutely disaster  of a season
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #383: Apr 04, 2023 10:59:23 pm
      We should just cash out on him. Liverpool is not a charity,  we should be ruthless and cash out on players when they decline. I wouldn't lose sleep over any midfielder that leaves in this team.

I agree I am afraid Naby and Ox are not the only ones to go I would definately sell Fab
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #384: Apr 04, 2023 10:59:38 pm
      3rd one and then I will F**k off...

But hey 3 defeats in a row and then play a team that is in freefall and get outplayed - they cannot have a plan, that don't have a plan.

Jesus, how football changes quickly.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #385: Apr 04, 2023 11:38:25 pm
      I agree I am afraid Naby and Ox are not the only ones to go I would definately sell Fab

I'd sell Jota too , had a great start with us  but he offers nothing now. Jones can go too

Raise some funds for the summer
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #386: Apr 05, 2023 12:18:01 am
      just read we've conceded 83 big chances this season. only one team in the league has more. im honestly absolutely mindblown at this collapse. its just completely gone. we're an absolute wreck. its staggering. like you think a 7-0 over our bitterest rivals would give them all a huge lift and bolt of confidence. its done nothing. absolutely nothing. i dont see how anyone can come to any other conclusion than this squad is completely done and needs ripping up
      Fabio Aurelio
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 873 posts | 107 
      Reply #387: Apr 05, 2023 12:18:27 am
      Horrible game to watch but it was slightly entertaining in a way. I find myself giggling throughout this season’s games because it’s so absurd how we have dropped off. We were abysmal at times and we just need the season to end so we can rebuild. We still could have won it if Fab’s shot didn’t get blocked, but we were more than fortunate that Chelsea are allergic to scoring goals.

Alisson did well. Konate was my MOTM but I feel Matip also did alright. Tsimikas and Gomez were pants. I’d bin Gomez in the summer if possible; he genuinely looks like one of the worst players in the league. It’s sad.

The midfield was poor but I thought Fabinho actually did ok, at least for this season’s standards. He still got ran past badly at one point, but I thought he looked a little sharper than he has been. Best of the bunch imo. Jones didn’t do it for me. He played a nicely weighted pass to Jota (I think) and had a couple more decent passes and touches, but he kept falling on his ass and looked tame in 50-50s. I’m okay with giving him some more chances as we don’t really have much to lose now, but his performance didn’t inspire me.

The front three did ok in the first half. Bobby had some nice touches and passes. Jota is not a RW but was alright when he got the ball in the first half. Nunez was our main threat and he did alright. I didn’t like seeing him come off but maybe there’s still concerns about the little injury he had.

I’m not looking forward to Arsenal but with TAA, VVD, Robbo, and Salah rested tonight, that makes me feel a tiny bit better about things.

We desperately miss Luiz Diaz. I think he had a huge impact last season and without him I don’t think we would have done as well as we did. I can’t wait until he’s back. People can criticise his goals/assists output, but we just play better with him in the team and I have never seen any evidence of him downing tools.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #388: Apr 05, 2023 12:34:39 am
      Can’t wait until we’re put out of our misery.
      Everything’s gone to pot since Bajcetic got injured. No fight, anywhere, bar Ali.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Re: Live: Chelsea V Liverpool
      Reply #389: Apr 05, 2023 12:50:06 am
      I dont think Fabinho wants to be in Liverpool anymore. Thats the explanation i can come up with. All players drop form, from time to time but this isnt it.

Here is a conspiracy theory. Is it Barry/xabi saga all over again? There were rumors in the summer for us signing Bellingham, maybe we told Fab that he can leave or something.

I wrote that as a joke, but the more i think about it, the more it make sense. Fab this season has been a different player maybe because he knows he is on his way out and doesnt bother to put in a effort. I know Xabi upped his game in his last season, but different personalities respond differently. Then there was huge smoke about bellingham and other midfielders.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #390: Apr 05, 2023 01:10:53 am
      I wrote that as a joke, but the more i think about it, the more it make sense. Fab this season has been a different player maybe because he knows he is on his way out and doesnt bother to put in a effort. I know Xabi upped his game in his last season, but different personalities respond differently. Then there was huge smoke about bellingham and other midfielders.

Xabi was exceptional in his last season and had a point to prove. Fabinho this season is like Christian Poulsen by comparison. Maybe he feels he's earned his money, had his success on the pitch, now started a family and that's that. Some players are like that.

Quick Reply