Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Arsenal 9th April 4:30pm

Read 4840 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Arsenal 9th April 4:30pm
      Reply #46: Apr 09, 2023 01:35:55 pm
      The measure of the man.

He is but he's far from alone.

The club from top to bottom has been a mess this season and it needs fixed very quickly.

Exactly. I’m wonder what the data from the players’ sports bras are saying about their fitness, laziness and intensity.

The first data I’d pull out is TAA’s. I believe his data has deteriorated the most.

Klopp can’t even force players to run harder. It’s down to the individual players.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #47: Apr 09, 2023 01:39:10 pm
      I always thought I was one of the more optimistic ones on here, but I'm not feeling these tips for us to win today. The only glimmer I see is the performance vs Man United.

Would love to see it again of course, but if it happens, will really be against our recent form.

I'll still be watching and shouting the team on, from thousands of miles away.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #48: Apr 09, 2023 01:43:58 pm
      It will be just like us this Season to turn them over. Just turn up for the big games.

We have to win games. Seven draws and nine defeats form twenty eight games is abysmal. Winning breeds confidence and i couldn't give a F**k if beating Arsenal hands City the League (which it wouldn't). All i care about is our Club, that we win every game we compete in. There is always something to play for, it's called pride.

Never ever give up. I've gone for a 2-1 win for us. Like i said, we seem to turn up for most of the big games.

Come on boys, show some respect for the supporters, the Club, the manager and just as importantly, yourselves.

We can't get any lower than this, the only way is up.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #49: Apr 09, 2023 01:56:34 pm
      I always thought I was one of the more optimistic ones on here, but I'm not feeling these tips for us to win today. The only glimmer I see is the performance vs Man United.

Would love to see it again of course, but if it happens, will really be against our recent form.

I'll still be watching and shouting the team on, from thousands of miles away.

It's like we have turned into an engine with a slipped tooth on the timing belt. The combustion isn't there, something needs adjusting, whether that's the crank or the camshafts, something is out of sync. It needs a total strip down, a head skim, a new gasket and seals.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #50: Apr 09, 2023 02:00:05 pm
      Getting sick of match days. To think that each time we attend one, we’re giving the club money. Yet they aren’t strengthening the squad with the match day revenue.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #51: Apr 09, 2023 02:07:53 pm
      Gone for an Arsenal win in the Prediction League.  Can't see any other outcome.   Chelsea were bang average in midweek and if they had a decent striker they probably would have scored 5.

Arsenal look as confident as we did last year and they've now got the ability to come from behind and win games as well.   Eternally hopeful but not only has our quality been low of late but there hasn't been any sign of real fight either which is why I think today will be beyond us.  Shocking deterioration.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #52: Apr 09, 2023 02:09:49 pm
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #53: Apr 09, 2023 02:14:39 pm
      I don’t get this attitude where a lot of fans would be happy for us to lose so a.) we don’t qualify for Europe and b.) city don’t win the league.

I don’t personally care who wins the league and I want us to finish as high as we can.

As for todays game I think they will cause us all kinds of problems. A draw I think is likely but it could be 3-2 to someone.

Whereas I would hate to end up in that Euro Conference Bollocks i would never advocate we lose matches to avoid it, never, and those who do need to go take a long hard look at themselves, what your actually saying is ‘ I don’t care if Liverpool lose’ and to me that’s tantamount to treachery, imagine, last couple of games we need to avoid defeat at Blueshite or/and the MUtants ??

Would you really want us to lose to either of them ? Just to avoid a meaningless tournament, we may as well not bother to win anymore league this campaign then so as to ensure we f***in miss it, F**k off with that defeatist attitude, that’s the kind of thing we’d hear from Blueshite fans !!

Go give yer heads a wobble FFs !!!

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #54: Apr 09, 2023 02:18:48 pm
      confident of a win today merely because our home form if replicated in away games would give us an 87 point total for the season .
      It must drive Jürgen bonkers trying to work out how we have become so poor away from home 3-1 for me that Man Mo Hatrick .
      Whatever we are missing away from home the Anfield faithful seem to make up for.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #55: Apr 09, 2023 03:23:52 pm
      Got a feeling this could be a crazy 3-2 or something similar. Roll back the years to the Arseshavin' fixture. For Arsenal the objective is clear, for us there is pride and the desire not to be humiliated again, home expectations, the occasion and everyone being on holiday. I see goals and chaos  >:D
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 229 
      Reply #56: Apr 09, 2023 03:31:06 pm
      seeing jones starting it gives me zero hope.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #57: Apr 09, 2023 03:31:51 pm
      Looking forward to this, more often than not we up our game Vs the form teams, however there’s always the worry we capitulate like we did @ the Emptihad, F**k knows which Liverpool turns up today, just hope we can hold our heads high come FT, Arteta will obviously want the three points so I guess it will come dow to who wants it more, who’s hungrier, being honest it’s hard to imagine us having the same fight as Arse will given that they have more to go for than us.

2-1 Redmen

YNWA
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #58: Apr 09, 2023 03:34:08 pm
      I don't get why Jota starts over Darwin, he has 0 confidence in front of goal.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #59: Apr 09, 2023 03:36:28 pm
      Playing one game a week with klopp in charge? We have every chance.

The problems we’ve seen this season is down to playing too many games. The likes of Trent and Fabinho badly need a breather but you want them to play in a competition that doesn’t benefit us in any way, to affect another competition that does?

You only have to look at the teams in England who play in the Europa league. The vast majority of times, their league form is horrendous.

And it’s happened to us.

I dunno. I think momentum is a fine thing. Most of the big teams that are genuine challengers aren’t in the Europa league.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #60: Apr 09, 2023 03:42:04 pm
      Jota starting over Nunez. Jones in again, others as per..

Quick Reply