Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Alisson Becker
      3 (4.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      5 (7.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.6%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      29 (45.3%)
       Fabinho
      1 (1.6%)
      Curtis Jones
      2 (3.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (3.1%)
      Diogo Jota
      1 (1.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      3 (4.7%)
      Cody Gakpo
      1 (1.6%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      3 (4.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      12 (18.8%)
      Darwin Núñez
      1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Voting closed: Apr 13, 2023 06:28:08 pm

Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 12310 times
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Apr 09, 2023 07:04:19 pm
      Well I'm not going to kosh the Lino for that. Was nothing really. Yes he was out of order but I mean this is not a bleedin' classroom..

Any player doing that to to the linesman can expect a lengthy ban, how that is any different is beyond me! In fact he is in a position of power and should be dealt with accordingly!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #484: Apr 09, 2023 07:05:25 pm
      That's a point earned and one hell of a resolve to battle back the way we did. We're intense after TAA got in Xhakas sh*t. Refs sucked. They tried parking the bus and flopping. We got two back and fought hard. This is something to build from, especially when we get Diaz back.

Salah is gotta be off pens now.

Jones needs less time, not more. ;D

Konate is awesome.

TAA doesn't need to play MF when we're in possession l, but all the time. Got run past and ball watching a bunch today. Loved him at CM when we had the ball, and he made a difference.

Firmino is a Kopp legend. Most goal by a Liverpool player against Arse
      instinct
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 18 
      Reply #485: Apr 09, 2023 07:07:50 pm
      Any player doing that to to the linesman can expect a lengthy ban, how that is any different is beyond me! In fact he is in a position of power and should be dealt with accordingly!

Honestly who gives a F**k. Did it happen to you? No . does it affect you? No
      Why rhyme on about it, if they banned the linesman for life or let him run the line in every game left of the season I couldn’t care less.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #486: Apr 09, 2023 07:12:11 pm
      But what a nutmeg by Trent, Suarez style. Bit of quality and he can do that.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #487: Apr 09, 2023 07:12:23 pm
      Well I'm not going to kosh the Lino for that. Was nothing really. Yes he was out of order but I mean this is not a bleedin' classroom..

You know what it’s like these days. You can’t say/do fook all without media’s snowflakes having the final word. He won’t be refereeing again anytime soon that’s for sure.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #488: Apr 09, 2023 07:14:48 pm
      Good job the linesman didn’t do that to harry kane.

Kane would still be rolling about now
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #489: Apr 09, 2023 07:15:32 pm
      Just a pity that last chance fell to Konate...just didn't have that strikers instinct. Nunez as well, how many one V one has he missed.

So on another day could've been 4-2 or more..but we haven't got that many days left.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #490: Apr 09, 2023 07:16:34 pm
      But what a nutmeg by Trent, Suarez style. Bit of quality and he can do that.

We all dig him out - what an assist that was
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #491: Apr 09, 2023 07:18:55 pm
      Honestly who gives a f**k. Did it happen to you? No . does it affect you? No
      Why rhyme on about it, if they banned the linesman for life or let him run the line in every game left of the season I couldn’t care less.

Fine, I actually want a fair playing field, if you are happy for a linesman to get away with elbowing a player in the face, then you are entitled to your opinion, but I think we go down that road we are in dodgy territory. Why you need to be so confrontational is your problem not mine, I support my team and players and I want like I said a level playing field! Quite why you felt the need to respond to me in the way you did I don’t know, I’m not the only one who has called it out!
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 727 posts | 111 
      Reply #492: Apr 09, 2023 07:27:05 pm

Looking at the blurry video, it does look like the linesman had walked past Robertson and didn't know his head was where it was ... Roberton touched him after he had walked past him, and he raised his elbow to shrug him off rather than to try and attack him.

It really was a nothing incident and it was really disappointing to see Robertson make such a big deal out of it. He shouldn't have touched the linesman - he has no right to do that ... hell, no human being has the right to touch someone else against their will (except in very specific legal circumstances). He wasn't hurt, but carried on about it like he had been assaulted.

We need to be careful because if there is a disproportionate reaction by the FA against the linesman there 100% will be a secondary reaction against us by officials every time one of our players does something like that (touching an official)
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,584 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #493: Apr 09, 2023 07:31:58 pm

The second half was the Liverpool we know, I find it immensely frustrating that we can turn it on like that, but play like utter sh*t to teams in the relegation zone.

But it goes to show, we aren’t complete sh*te, we don’t need a complete overhaul or a new manager,
      Just a couple of fresh faces and a shift around.0

I, for one am happy.
      How can we not be? We should’ve won that one.
      And my hubby is a gooner…
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #494: Apr 09, 2023 07:34:14 pm
      I love Klopp and I love this team - we’ll be back next season
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #495: Apr 09, 2023 07:43:19 pm
      I suppose now the dust has settled I'm thinking in all honesty top four was already gone before today ...I'm still in two minds whether I want Europe next year I suppose the more experience Nunez, Gakpo, Elliot etc can get in Europe the better but please no conference
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #496: Apr 09, 2023 07:43:22 pm
      Looking at the blurry video, it does look like the linesman had walked past Robertson and didn't know his head was where it was ... Roberton touched him after he had walked past him, and he raised his elbow to shrug him off rather than to try and attack him.

It really was a nothing incident and it was really disappointing to see Robertson make such a big deal out of it. He shouldn't have touched the linesman - he has no right to do that ... hell, no human being has the right to touch someone else against their will (except in very specific legal circumstances). He wasn't hurt, but carried on about it like he had been assaulted.

We need to be careful because if there is a disproportionate reaction by the FA against the linesman there 100% will be a secondary reaction against us by officials every time one of our players does something like that (touching an official)

Touching me, touching you,  sweet car...
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #497: Apr 09, 2023 07:51:48 pm
      Well what’s to say

Shocking first 30 mins , everything was flat , F**k knows what the formation was but it was a mess and from where I sat that was proof of why Trent doesn’t play in the middle was awful then a bit of a row with Chaka got everyone up and good first , great work from Jota and lovely flick from Jones

Half time it all kicked off , Robbo was fuming

Thrn second half just went at them and prob should have won

Need that intensity for the rest of the season

Read a bit of a the thread - no surprise some have a vanishing act when we score
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #498: Apr 09, 2023 07:52:21 pm
      Imagine sticking up for a linesman that threw his elbow at a player. Tell me you are a muppet without telling me you are a muppet.

FFS some of you are working on half a brain.
      Jmase77
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 401 posts |
      Reply #499: Apr 09, 2023 08:02:05 pm
      How did arsenal came out that game with a point we could of had 5 goals 2nd half we pinned them in their own half most 2nd half loved seeing a bit of fight and passion from the team
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #500: Apr 09, 2023 08:02:13 pm

Seen a few videos and it’s not clear

Robbo grabbed him which isn’t good and he reacted.

__Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #501: Apr 09, 2023 08:06:01 pm
      Not sure how much of it was us or how much of it was Arsenal realising the enormity of their situation but we were good in that second half abd deserved our point and should have won it.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #502: Apr 09, 2023 08:07:34 pm
      Got to take a lot of heart from that performance ( second half) would of been 5 or 6 normally but some poor execution and decision making mainly from Mo who was very disappointing as a whole . Darwin ,Ibou ,Hendo and Robbo could of all scored and without Saliba they looked very vulnerable.  Think that result puts City as favourites.  Leeds took a right pummelling today let's ensure we turn up after a full weeks training and Diaz returning
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #503: Apr 09, 2023 08:29:10 pm
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #504: Apr 09, 2023 08:32:15 pm

Robbo puts his hand on him actually think he is struggling it off hardly an elbow as we know it
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #505: Apr 09, 2023 08:32:29 pm
      Quite remarkable the linesman doing that. Utd supporter no doubt. Also what a gobs***e Roy Keane! Dickhead having a go at Robbo off the back of that

Quick Reply