Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Alisson Becker
      3 (4.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      5 (7.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.6%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      29 (45.3%)
       Fabinho
      1 (1.6%)
      Curtis Jones
      2 (3.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (3.1%)
      Diogo Jota
      1 (1.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      3 (4.7%)
      Cody Gakpo
      1 (1.6%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      3 (4.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      12 (18.8%)
      Darwin Núñez
      1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Voting closed: Apr 13, 2023 06:28:08 pm

Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 12315 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #506: Apr 09, 2023 08:40:48 pm
      Robbo puts his hand on him actually think he is struggling it off hardly an elbow as we know it

take a closer look it was a very aggressive move by him and he will be sidelined sadly Tierney will not
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #507: Apr 09, 2023 08:43:44 pm
      I wish people not necessarily on here would just back of Trent he is doing the job the manager wants if that means he is high up the park when a counter attack takes place its not his fault and his team mates are supposed to cover. Loved his reaction to the slime ball Xaha .
      Konate is just a force of nature and a mountain of a man. Win lose or draw if they perform like that secondhalf nobody would criticise them.
      Really pleased for Jürgen today his team battered the league leaders in the second half even lego head admitted it
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #508: Apr 09, 2023 08:45:39 pm
      Quite remarkable the linesman doing that. Utd supporter no doubt. Also what a gobs***e Roy Keane! Dickhead having a go at Robbo off the back of that

Keane's 'hard man/miserable' act on Sky is just boring now.

I bet he wouldn't have said what he did to Robbo's face though.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #509: Apr 09, 2023 09:04:40 pm
      Trent proving what a lot of people have been talking about recently. Struggles against pacey wingers, positioning poor and gets skinned too often with trickery. Their first attack martinelli breezed past him.

Then when he floats into those Kevin de bruyne type positions he shows what he can do.

Unless we get three midfielders in who can all run then he has to play further up the pitch. He’s much, much, much better in attacking positions than he is defensive ones.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #510: Apr 09, 2023 09:05:57 pm
      Trent proving what a lot of people have been talking about recently. Struggles against pacey wingers, positioning poor and gets skinned too often with trickery. Their first attack martinelli breezed past him.

Then when he floats into those Kevin de bruyne type positions he shows what he can do.

Unless we get three midfielders in who can all run then he has to play further up the pitch. He’s much, much, much better in attacking positions than he is defensive ones.

Need to have a CB who can cover as well , Konate second half was covering so much better
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #511: Apr 09, 2023 09:06:00 pm
      Seen a few videos and it’s not clear

Robbo grabbed him which isn’t good and he reacted.

It was blurred, maybe there’s more footage to look at before it’s conclusive one way or the other?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #512: Apr 09, 2023 09:09:58 pm
      It was blurred, maybe there’s more footage to look at before it’s conclusive one way or the other?

https://twitter.com/annieharte21/status/1645128206427602945?s=46&t=_4uI6CiVRqge8WqM7F37Iw
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #513: Apr 09, 2023 09:17:22 pm

That’s conclusive enough, you can clearly see his head jerk back slightly, hell if that’s what Kane he’d of hit the floor like a tonne of bricks.  :lmao: Fair  play he never milked it like 90% of footballers do.  :D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #514: Apr 09, 2023 09:19:30 pm
      Seen a few videos and it’s not clear

Robbo grabbed him which isn’t good and he reacted.

Watch it again. Robbo didn’t grab him.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #515: Apr 09, 2023 10:01:57 pm

Does not matter. He bothered him. Manly reaction. Robbo has no business there. Shut up and rather put up (@Robbo).
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 727 posts | 111 
      Reply #516: Apr 09, 2023 10:09:55 pm
      Imagine sticking up for a linesman that threw his elbow at a player. Tell me you are a muppet without telling me you are a muppet.

FFS some of you are working on half a brain.

I think some of us (well, me) were just trying to have a grown-up discussion about what happened but, yeah, clearly we're the muppets here!
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 727 posts | 111 
      Reply #517: Apr 09, 2023 10:13:19 pm

What is Robertson's left hand doing? It's his left hand that the linesman is trying to brush off ... the elbow to his face was accidental. I'm not saying that's okay btw because there are much better ways to deal with players who are trying to jostle you but I do think it's not fair to say that the linesman was the only guilty party here. Robertson did initiate some contact with him, and was clearly having a go at him.

ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 727 posts | 111 
      Reply #518: Apr 09, 2023 10:18:03 pm
      Keane's 'hard man/miserable' act on Sky is just boring now.

I bet he wouldn't have said what he did to Robbo's face though.

One of the few things Roy Keane has done consistently throughout his life is telling people to their face what he thinks of them ... he did it to Mick McCarthy in front of the entire Irish world cup squad, he did it to Alex Ferguson too ... he'd have absolutely no qualms whatsoever about doing it to Robertson too
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #519: Apr 09, 2023 10:19:46 pm
      One of the few things Roy Keane has done consistently throughout his life is telling people to their face what he thinks of them ... he did it to Mick McCarthy in front of the entire Irish world cup squad, he did it to Alex Ferguson too ... he'd have absolutely no qualms whatsoever about doing it to Robertson too

Yep.

Keane's wrong in this instance in regards to Robbo but I have no doubt he would say it straight to his face as well.

He's talking bollocks though as Keane would have rested exactly the same.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #520: Apr 09, 2023 10:38:19 pm

Like f**k he would nowadays.

I remember a couple of years ago when Jürgen caught him out having a pop at us (after we beat Arsenal interestingly enough) and he was squirming in his seat trying to back out of what he was saying.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,967 posts | 1355 
      Reply #521: Apr 09, 2023 11:01:18 pm
      This has got sod all to with Keane.

The FA are obviously looking at it. I've said it was nothing really but the FA just might attach some blame to Robbo. As we know you can't touch any official. Now the Lino might say Robbo put his hand on my arm and I jerked my elbow toward him.

Well is it 50/50...well no it isn't...so is it 60/40 then...70/30...Did look like the ref booked Robbo so the Ref has dealt with it. Any retrospective action is on stony ground regarding Robbo. If the Ref did see the Lino elbow he has no jurisdiction over the Lino.

I think common sense should prevail. But the "FA"...and "common sense"...don't often meet..
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #522: Apr 09, 2023 11:09:57 pm
      I think some of us (well, me) were just trying to have a grown-up discussion about what happened but, yeah, clearly we're the muppets here!

There’s no discussion to be had. Referee has no business intentionally (which it was) putting his hands on a player, especially in such an aggressive manner. Every reasonable pundit I’ve watched (F**k Roy Keane, he’s no pundit he’s a muppet as well) has said this man won’t referee (or shouldn’t) ever again. 
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 727 posts | 111 
      Reply #523: Apr 09, 2023 11:12:36 pm
      Yep.

Keane's wrong in this instance in regards to Robbo but I have no doubt he would say it straight to his face as well.

He's talking bollocks though as Keane would have rested exactly the same.

Yep exactly, if he had been playing today Keane would have been in there before Robertson could get anywhere near the linesman!
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 727 posts | 111 
      Reply #524: Apr 09, 2023 11:14:10 pm
      There’s no discussion to be had. Referee has no business intentionally (which it was) putting his hands on a player, especially in such an aggressive manner. Every reasonable pundit I’ve watched (f**k Roy Keane, he’s no pundit he’s a muppet as well) has said this man won’t referee (or shouldn’t) ever again. 

Which pundits have said he shouldn't officiate ever again?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #525: Apr 09, 2023 11:18:03 pm
      Which pundits have said he shouldn't officiate ever again?

All of the ones I watched on NBC Sports today. I don’t have to watch the clowns in Sky like most of you.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #526: Apr 09, 2023 11:18:25 pm

[David Maddock] Something really stinks about this linesman elbowing Robertson in face. Turns out, he was the assistant ref to Paul Tierney at Spurs in 2021 when Robertson was sent off. Klopp went ballistic with officials that day, as they didn’t dismiss Harry Kane for an identical tackle.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 727 posts | 111 
      Reply #527: Apr 09, 2023 11:23:27 pm
      All of the ones I watched on NBC Sports today. I don’t have to watch the clowns in Sky like most of you.

Which pundits are they?
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #528: Apr 09, 2023 11:31:19 pm
      We played well and should have won. However our tactics are so risky it will be a case of outscoring the opponent as we are wide open

Quick Reply