Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Alisson Becker
      3 (4.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      5 (7.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.6%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      29 (45.3%)
       Fabinho
      1 (1.6%)
      Curtis Jones
      2 (3.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (3.1%)
      Diogo Jota
      1 (1.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      3 (4.7%)
      Cody Gakpo
      1 (1.6%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      3 (4.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      12 (18.8%)
      Darwin Núñez
      1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Voting closed: Apr 13, 2023 06:28:08 pm

Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 12321 times
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #529: Apr 09, 2023 11:58:32 pm
      We played well and should have won. However our tactics are so risky it will be a case of outscoring the opponent as we are wide open

LFC 2013 - 2018
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #530: Apr 10, 2023 12:13:09 am
      If he is on the pitch fab should take the penalties
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #531: Apr 10, 2023 12:19:43 am
      The introduction of Thiago Alcantara totally stupefied the Arsenal midfield. His play rendered Arsenal's midfield useless.

Sadly, we were robbed of a win tonight.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #532: Apr 10, 2023 12:22:37 am
      Let’s see, Tim Howard, Rebecca Lowe, Robbie Earl I think were the ones commenting at halftime. I’ve read others online but I have to apologize I haven’t kept a running tab so that I could regurgitate them to you.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #533: Apr 10, 2023 03:36:28 am
      I'm not going to lie, its been what, maybe 3 or 4 games now where I see that the lads are pulling another lazy performance out of their hat and we concede the first goal or two inside the first half I just spare myself the pain and turn it off, I've suffered enough this season. I was about to do this today too.Seeing the manner we conceded the first two goals made my blood boil, especially the second one.

With that said, I'm glad I didn't because there was two different teams on the pitch today. LFC before we scored and LFC after we scored. What is wrong with those lads? We spent almost all the first half pinned down in our own half, unable to pass it out and the press, my god, the press, so lazy (the 3 forwards being the first and most guilty at this). Such a lazy and energy lacking press completely destroys any hope of success for this team. The Klopp way is to press and win the ball as high up as you can, its the building block upon which the rest of the pyramid is built, if this is wrong then you'll fail in the middle of the park and subsequently at the back. Why are we turning up to games in such a lazy manner when it seems we can flip a switch and hound our opponents the way we should?

Anyway, from the moment we scored until the end of the game it was good stuff and I won't even criticize anything in that portion of the game. We should've scored, but we were unlucky at times, lacked composure at other times, but FFS, where has this level of performance been? You can instantly see every player looking 50% better when we play like that. Suddenly TAA isn't a headless chicken defensively, Fabinho looks his age again, the forwards are pressing and causing enough havoc that the opposition can't build from the back and are forced into careless passes making our midfield's job so much easier at supporting that forward's led press and winning the ball high up. The CB's can finally safely go high up the pitch and not have to sprint back every time we lose the ball because we also win it back.

Special mention to Alisson. I feel so bad for this lad. The only player this season who played at a constantly world class level. At times the camera pans on him and he looks like he needs a bottle of whisky and a cigarette because he is so fed up of the bullshit everyone in front of him is pulling game after game. Without Ali, this season, we'd be battling it out with Everton in the relegation zone.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #534: Apr 10, 2023 06:27:56 am
      Brilliant fightback in the second half, playing more like the side we used to be, apart from another penalty miss from Salah ! Need a rethink on who takes these spot kicks.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #535: Apr 10, 2023 06:37:27 am
      Honestly who gives a f**k. Did it happen to you? No . does it affect you? No
      Why rhyme on about it, if they banned the linesman for life or let him run the line in every game left of the season I couldn’t care less.

Aw mate, we feel exactly the same about you and your posts, your contribution to this forum can be found right in the middle of a single grain of sand, perhaps your more suited to another beach on another island in a different country or planet !!

Safe travels!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #536: Apr 10, 2023 06:38:31 am
      Brilliant fightback in the second half, playing more like the side we used to be, apart from another penalty miss from Salah ! Need a rethink on who takes these spot kicks.

Allison!!

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #537: Apr 10, 2023 06:47:13 am

I will go along with Allison, have a good day.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #538: Apr 10, 2023 07:25:38 am
      Like everyone else I thought after 10 mins sh*te, we’re in for a pasting here, thought Arse would tear us a new arse, we arsed about for the first 40 mins and could should have been done, the comparison between us in the second half was immense, we really really need to clone Thiago, soon as he crosses the whitewash the attitude & belief changes, suddenly we have the creative maestro back and we look and feel a different animal, im sorry Curtis lad, but start looking at playing your football elsewhere son, not good enough, doubt you ever will be, Nunez for me should have started ahead of Jota, his presence alone would have Arse defence worried, Trent had another one of those 🙈 games first half but second half he was 😎, I loved his passion when getting in that Swiss cnuts face it  riled him, showed everyone he cares, well the doubters at least, Mo sorry fella you’re now banned from pens for a while, you’ve lost yer mojo mate, F**k me just smash it down the middle, it’ll take a brave keeper to just stand still!!

Konate mom for me he is truly a beast and how the F**k he didn’t get the winner is just f***in mental,

I guess Desmond is a decent return when you consider the gulf between us in the league table, 30 points, that’s a ten game winning advantage right there,

So up next we have ‘Dirty’ Leeds, they are in a world of sh*t and we should make it shittier, i honestly hope they hang on not cos have any sympathy towards them but cos they try, they work hard unlike f***in Blueshite who are pretenders, winging it as a EPL club for decades now, least said of them cnuts the better!!

Confidence will be high going to the Tykes gaff , especially with the maestro back conducting his midfield trio, …..

Alisson, Trent, Konate, Virgil, Robbo, Hendo, Thiago, Gakpo, Nunez, Jota, Mo

Could see wee Harvey instead of Hendo, depending on Hendo’s legs .

YNWA

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #539: Apr 10, 2023 08:52:04 am
      Decent 2nd half
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #540: Apr 10, 2023 09:46:08 am
      Thought Thiago made a big difference again in the last 30 minutes, helping us pin Arsenal in and dominate the game.

We've missed him badly again this season like we did a couple of years ago before he came up and helped us go on that run to finish 3rd. Unfortunately this season there's far too much to do by the time he's back.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #541: Apr 10, 2023 10:18:51 am
      Watch it again. Robbo didn’t grab him.

he did grab him if you spend all you time trying to be different and contrary. The fact is there to see the linesman elbowed him in a deliberate move its as clear as you want it to be.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #542: Apr 10, 2023 11:28:54 am
      There's something that the Kop wants you to know...
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #543: Apr 10, 2023 11:35:05 am
      We played well and should have won. However our tactics are so risky it will be a case of outscoring the opponent as we are wide open

Thought we were open first 35 mins, but when the crowd got behind the team and they raised the intensity, I don’t remember arse getting more than one decent chance.
      How we didn’t win is a mystery. F***ing battered them for most of the game.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #544: Apr 10, 2023 11:41:51 am
      I’m made up that Bobby comes on and scores. Brought tears to my eyes.

On the Robbo incident. Lino will get a warning and play on.
      Robbo will get charged and a three match ban.

Just another underhand way of getting at us.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #545: Apr 10, 2023 01:35:49 pm
      Even though he was only on the pitch for ten minutes, Bobby made a difference. Obviously he got the equaliser but I think it was saka who had the ball down the right wing for them and who is there to shrug him off and win possession back for us? Yep, Bobby. And that just summed him up for the short time he was on the pitch.

It’s going to be a sad day when he leaves. What a player he’s been for us.

When people say they see parts of gakpos game that reminds them of Bobby, I honestly haven’t got a clue what they’re watching.

Gakpo has decent close control (but still nowhere near as good as bobbys) but he comes across as lazy to me. Doesn’t press, doesn’t move and he’s far too easy to defend against.

I don’t know if it got picked up on the telly but there was a moment in the first half where Alison had the ball and hes looking to release it early as he often does and Gakpo is standing still on the halfway line and Alison bollocked him and Gakpo basically shrugged his shoulders. If that was mane or salah then they’ve both already turned running in behind for the pass or if it was Bobby he would have come short or moved into space to receive the ball.

I’m quickly running out of patience with Gakpo.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #546: Apr 10, 2023 01:47:00 pm
      Even though he was only on the pitch for ten minutes, Bobby made a difference. Obviously he got the equaliser but I think it was saka who had the ball down the right wing for them and who is there to shrug him off and win possession back for us? Yep, Bobby. And that just summed him up for the short time he was on the pitch.

It’s going to be a sad day when he leaves. What a player he’s been for us.

When people say they see parts of gakpos game that reminds them of Bobby, I honestly haven’t got a clue what they’re watching.

Gakpo has decent close control (but still nowhere near as good as bobbys) but he comes across as lazy to me. Doesn’t press, doesn’t move and he’s far too easy to defend against.

I don’t know if it got picked up on the telly but there was a moment in the first half where Alison had the ball and hes looking to release it early as he often does and Gakpo is standing still on the halfway line and Alison bollocked him and Gakpo basically shrugged his shoulders. If that was mane or salah then they’ve both already turned running in behind for the pass or if it was Bobby he would have come short or moved into space to receive the ball.

I’m quickly running out of patience with Gakpo.

Gakpo just doesn’t seem dynamic enough , no real intensity to his game . Very tidy at times on the ball and can turn and accelerate away but isn’t in the game enough , doesn’t look like he is busting a gut for the team , very low work rate

He did well in the United game but beyond that it’s been very disappointing- would rather they extended Bobby for 2 years
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #547: Apr 10, 2023 01:48:26 pm
      Gakpo just doesn’t seem dynamic enough , no real intensity to his game . Very tidy at times on the ball and can turn and accelerate away but isn’t in the game enough , doesn’t look like he is busting a gut for the team , very low work rate

He did well in the United game but beyond that it’s been very disappointing- would rather they extended Bobby for 2 years

He must be bad if even you are giving up on him! You always promote the idea of giving players time to settle.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #548: Apr 10, 2023 01:52:17 pm

United game he looked a different player didn’t he, so there’s something there, he’s certainly talented.

But as you say, he just isn’t working hard enough.

I thought it might have been instructions from the boss because our team is ageing or exhausted and they can’t press with him but then I saw Jordan Henderson trying his best to press yesterday in areas where it should have been Gakpo!

Next season will be the time to judge him but first impressions aren’t great I must say.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #549: Apr 10, 2023 01:56:55 pm
      Far as Elbowgate goes, it looked like the Ref booked Robbo over it. If that was the case the FA don't normally take retrospective action as the Ref saw it and dealt with it.

So they are looking at the Lino, Hatzidakus by name, and weather it's worthy of some kind of ban or bollocking. He's been stood down while FA do a recce.

Refs report. Statement from Robbo, statement from Lino, video footage..blah blah..3 match ban.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #550: Apr 10, 2023 01:59:16 pm
      United game he looked a different player didn’t he, so there’s something there, he’s certainly talented.

But as you say, he just isn’t working hard enough.

I thought it might have been instructions from the boss because our team is ageing or exhausted and they can’t press with him but then I saw Jordan Henderson trying his best to press yesterday in areas where it should have been Gakpo!

Next season will be the time to judge him but first impressions aren’t great I must say.

His style reminds me a bit like Berbatov, very languid and seems to be very relaxed

He is still young and coming into a team low on confidence won’t help , prob played more than expected.

A full pre season and next season will tell us more about him.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #551: Apr 10, 2023 02:01:08 pm
      His style reminds me a bit like Berbatov, very languid and seems to be very relaxed

He is still young and coming into a team low on confidence won’t help , prob played more than expected.

A full pre season and next season will tell us more about him.

That’s more like you!
      I still think he has potential tbh. A good pre season and refreshed team and then we can assess him

Quick Reply