Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Alisson Becker
      3 (4.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      5 (7.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.6%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      29 (45.3%)
       Fabinho
      1 (1.6%)
      Curtis Jones
      2 (3.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (3.1%)
      Diogo Jota
      1 (1.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      3 (4.7%)
      Cody Gakpo
      1 (1.6%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      3 (4.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      12 (18.8%)
      Darwin Núñez
      1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Voting closed: Apr 13, 2023 06:28:08 pm

Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 12316 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #552: Apr 10, 2023 02:02:37 pm
      Honestly who gives a F**k. Did it happen to you? No . does it affect you? No
      Why rhyme on about it, if they banned the linesman for life or let him run the line in every game left of the season I couldn’t care less.

Maybe you should do then. Quick to give us lectures about respect for refs etc, but that is a two way street.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #553: Apr 10, 2023 02:06:16 pm
      Seen a few videos and it’s not clear

Robbo grabbed him which isn’t good and he reacted.

It's far from  grab by Robbo, he just wants to get linesman attention to have a bi*ch and linesman doesn't want to know.

Complete overreaction from the linesman and should be stepped down for a bit.

Imagine the outcry if the roles are reversed.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #554: Apr 10, 2023 02:07:18 pm
      It's far from  grab by Robbo, he just wants to get linesman attention to have a bi*ch and linesman doesn't want to know.

Complete overreaction from the linesman and should be stepped down for a bit.

Imagine the outcry if the roles are reversed.

Yeah seen a few more videos and looked like Robbo didn’t even touch him.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #555: Apr 10, 2023 02:12:20 pm
      That lino a bit of a unit too. Hes been stood down for now
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #556: Apr 10, 2023 02:21:11 pm
      Yeah seen a few more videos and looked like Robbo didn’t even touch him.

Robbo definitely wanted to bi*ch about something 😂
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #557: Apr 10, 2023 02:24:21 pm
      Robbo definitely wanted to bi*ch about something 😂

Standard Robbo 😂😂

I believe he wasn’t happy about the whistle going for half time as we were looking ti attack
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #558: Apr 10, 2023 02:26:46 pm
      Literal game of two halves.

First half we were shocking and I haven't a clue what was going on with Trent's positioning from goal kicks and tbh I'm not sure the players did.

Konate decided to take on role of enforcer and batter Jesus and Martinelli on his own, then Xhaka and Trent happened and woke the crowd up.

Only one team in it then and felt we could of won that. Subs for a change actually improved us and the Goodbye Bobby Firmino Tour had another showing.

Definitely going to miss his song when he's gone!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #559: Apr 10, 2023 04:08:41 pm
      Standard Robbo 😂😂

I believe he wasn’t happy about the whistle going for half time as we were looking ti attack

I've read that there was an incident prior between them in the half. One of Robbo's clearances hit him and then he seemed to be giving Arsenal every call after that? Who knows, just speculation I read online. Maybe Robbo was giving him an earful about it.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #560: Apr 10, 2023 04:32:09 pm
      Gakpo just doesn’t seem dynamic enough , no real intensity to his game . Very tidy at times on the ball and can turn and accelerate away but isn’t in the game enough , doesn’t look like he is busting a gut for the team , very low work rate

He did well in the United game but beyond that it’s been very disappointing- would rather they extended Bobby for 2 years

Wouldn’t you rather of put the money towards a midfielder now Pj.    :f_whistle: Not sure you need to reply but know you can’t resist.  ;D
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #561: Apr 10, 2023 04:58:24 pm
      Wouldn’t you rather of put the money towards a midfielder now Pj.    :f_whistle: Not sure you need to reply but know you can’t resist.  ;D

Been said during conversation then yes would have preferred the money used forwards a midfielder
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #562: Apr 10, 2023 05:01:30 pm
      Quote from Lallana in Pyjamas link=topic=53419.msg2542808# msg2542808 date=1681142304
      Been said during conversation then yes would have preferred the money used forwards a midfielder

I think that’s a first  ; 👏👏👏 So I was right then.  :f_whistle:
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #563: Apr 10, 2023 07:32:33 pm
      Was at work for the big game. Literally got in to see Darwin miss a sitter and Bobby equalise. To see this current Arsenal being rocked like that is all credit to our boys. Couldn’t get it over the line but that’s how it goes sometimes.

As for the linesman vs Robbo incident, don’t players get like 10 game bans for man handling officials? Like for like, surely?
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #564: Apr 10, 2023 08:32:06 pm
      That game really shows how much of our issues are psychological. Once the crowd got up and we got going, the energy was there, as was decent quality football. Our home vs away record this season basically confirms that. Not saying we aren't physically tired as well, which obviously makes it harder to get up to speed, but a lot of it is also mental.

Trent's switching between RB and CM depending on whether we were in or out of possession was an interesting choice. I've said we should try him in midfield and he did pretty well there, but don't think it's helping if he also has to keep flitting between there and RB. Maybe if he is full of confidence and we are playing well as a team, but seems like asking for trouble at the minute. Stick another RB in, or else play 3 CBs. That said, Konate covered well in there from about 30 mins onwards, but we were 2-0 down by then. I thought the first goal was pretty unlucky, but the second was a joke. Virgil to blame as much as Trent, why the F**k did he not mark Jesus?

Good second half though and shoudl have won it in the end. Nice to shut up the pundits, especially that bitter c**t Keane with his "pub team" sh*te.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #565: Apr 10, 2023 08:59:49 pm
      what is interesting is the need for some to even doubt what happened and suggest it may have been Robbo's fault when it was as clear as day he reacted with an elbow thrust into Robbos throat what a pity it wasnt that f***in night of the living dead Ref Tierney. Why didnt VAR take a look at halftime and replace him and will they take back the Card for Robbo who had he touched the linesman would have got a Red Card not a yellow.
      The game was a Jekyll and Hyde performance only the players can really explain how this is happening and with a raft of experts to hand in personal and sports psychology why has it been going on all season. The truth is out there.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #566: Apr 10, 2023 09:34:27 pm
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #567: Apr 11, 2023 07:01:50 am

Imagine that was that c**t, Gabriel Jesus.

Would have wound up on the floor rolling around in agony.

They would have called the game off!! Then you would see hum running down the tunnel like The fkn Flash!
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #568: Apr 11, 2023 09:12:49 am
      Had a family thing on, missed most of the game, sneakily tuned in with 15 mins to go, it was end to end, thought we'd nick it.  Konate, just get a head or foot on that !

I've been picking teams without Trent in them, but he showed what he can do when we're pushing forward, great nutmeg and cross for Bob.

Am going to miss Bob even more than Mane.

Good to see Thiago back, hope he can get a bit of a run now.

What was that knob Jesus doing with that no look pass, tw*t, wanted to reach into the TV and box him.

After going 2-0 down, fair play to the lads for coming back to 2-2 and almost winning it.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #569: Apr 12, 2023 11:48:50 am
      Klopp has said Trent was playing in the 'inverted' left back position in the second half. City had John Stones playing in this position against Southampton. Pep even told Walker he can't play the 'inverted' full back so he won't be considered when City use that tactic.

Basically Trent moves into midfield when we have possession. Tucks in alongside Fabinho. Arsenal have used this system. But why not go the whole hog with Trent and play him as an attacking midfielder.

This system could be exploited and puts a lot of pressure on Trent. Splits the 2 centre backs , as Konate comes across to cover for Trent, and could leave us vulnerable to pacy counter attacks.

Could claim it worked as we dominated Arsenal in the second half and it was Trent who made our equaliser. Might be used against Leeds away. 5 of our last 9 are at home and if klopp was prepared to use this tactic against the league leaders surely he'll use it against the rest.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #570: Apr 13, 2023 10:45:16 pm
      Quote from PolarBearRed
      I'm not going to lie, its been what, maybe 3 or 4 games now where I see that the lads are pulling another lazy performance out of their hat and we concede the first goal or two inside the first half I just spare myself the pain and turn it off, I've suffered enough this season. I was about to do this today too.Seeing the manner we conceded the first two goals made my blood boil, especially the second one.

Special mention to Alisson. I feel so bad for this lad. The only player this season who played at a constantly world class level. At times the camera pans on him and he looks like he needs a bottle of whisky and a cigarette because he is so fed up of the bullshit everyone in front of him is pulling game after game. Without Ali, this season, we'd be battling it out with Everton in the relegation zone.

A third of the league has set up camp around the relegation zone. Doesn't mean they're all going to be relegated.

Sadly we have been relegated from going for 4 trophies to finishing outside the top 4, and he's been part of it. While you can tell me it's not his fault, well it's everyone's fault. Everyone that has contributed this season must be held accountable for why it has become what it has. He's conceded 6 goals in a week, and he would have been better off standing in the Kop itself rather than between the sticks for the last one. When he was the best in the world, he would have gone out and claimed that cross, and took everyone with him if needed, as he did against them in 2018. On Sunday, he just stood on his line and watch his international team mate nod the ball past him.

He has played literally every single league game for the past 15 months, so if anyone of them needs a break, it's him. It's not a case of either he plays or it's last man back you know, we do have alternative options available to save a shot, catch a cross, or kick a clearance out, without panicking.

Quote from GERNS
      I’m made up that Bobby comes on and scores. Brought tears to my eyes.

On the Robbo incident. Lino will get a warning and play on.
      Robbo will get charged and a three match ban.

Just another underhand way of getting at us.

No it isn't. I expect the lino to get a lifetime ban. If the FA don't make an example of him, then FIFA will as he's on their list, and Collina won't tolerate his men lashing out at players. I don't see any contact from Robbo, so can't understand what he got booked for.

Quote from HamannsTheMan
      Even though he was only on the pitch for ten minutes, Bobby made a difference. Obviously he got the equaliser but I think it was saka who had the ball down the right wing for them and who is there to shrug him off and win possession back for us? Yep, Bobby. And that just summed him up for the short time he was on the pitch.

It’s going to be a sad day when he leaves. What a player he’s been for us.

When people say they see parts of gakpos game that reminds them of Bobby, I honestly haven’t got a clue what they’re watching.

Gakpo has decent close control (but still nowhere near as good as bobbys) but he comes across as lazy to me. Doesn’t press, doesn’t move and he’s far too easy to defend against.

I don’t know if it got picked up on the telly but there was a moment in the first half where Alison had the ball and hes looking to release it early as he often does and Gakpo is standing still on the halfway line and Alison bollocked him and Gakpo basically shrugged his shoulders. If that was mane or salah then they’ve both already turned running in behind for the pass or if it was Bobby he would have come short or moved into space to receive the ball.

Next season will be the time to judge him but first impressions aren’t great I must say.

They weren't with Firmino either when he arrived.

As for Firmino himself, he's gone from an automatic starter in a prolific front three to 6th choice in a struggling side, brought on as a last minute job. So he's off. Gakpo is his replacement. Like Firmino, he doesn't score many goals. Unlike Firmino he has time on his side, and now has 6 months to get up to speed, before taking up the role full time next season.

The result condemned us to another season of waiting for No. 20. Jürgen might be doing cartwheels at the idea of a week of training before the next game, but I'm not. It's only possible because we've already got ourselves kicked out of Europe, which people tell me we want every year. So therefore it's a race to salvage something from the season and secure Thursday night football next season. It's not much of a player recruitment tool granted, but that's the way of the world. 
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #571: Apr 14, 2023 11:48:40 am
      Was at work for the big game. Literally got in to see Darwin miss a sitter and Bobby equalise. To see this current Arsenal being rocked like that is all credit to our boys. Couldn’t get it over the line but that’s how it goes sometimes.

As for the linesman vs Robbo incident, don’t players get like 10 game bans for man handling officials? Like for like, surely?

No further action against Ass.Ref. End of.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #572: Apr 14, 2023 12:06:54 pm
      I’m made up that Bobby comes on and scores. Brought tears to my eyes.

On the Robbo incident. Lino will get a warning and play on.
      Robbo will get charged and a three match ban.

Just another underhand way of getting at us.

First bit as I suspected, just waiting for Robbo to get charged now 😬

Quick Reply