Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Ryan Gravenberch (Bayern Munich)

Read 10237 times
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Re: Ryan Gravenberch (Bayern Munich)
      Reply #23: Aug 30, 2023 07:53:16 pm
      From what i have seen of him. He is okay. Bajcetic is a better player with ball on his feet, and Ryan Gravenberch is decent, there is nothing that stand out too much from him, expect his height. He is a tall lad.

Il be honest and say i havent watched too much from him, so too early to describe him as player but he is defiantly not one of those who instantly shine on the pitch. If we do get him, then i hope he does well.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts | 128 
      Reply #24: Aug 30, 2023 08:04:23 pm
      Can't understand why we've left it this late. He's been talked about in the press for weeks. Either way it blows apart the myths that Klopp likes to get his targets in early / Klopp will wait for the right player etc etc. Seems like our scouting department travelled to Germany via Brighton and got their passports robbed.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,215 posts | 1221 
      Reply #25: Aug 30, 2023 08:06:02 pm
      I will be pleased if it goes through. He was well regarded at Ajax if people recall. Bayern don't often sign total numpties and with only three starts last season it's possible he hasn't been given enough of an opportunity to show his potential, which could partly be explained by circumstance (change of manager turmoil at the top). On the face of it there is a fair chance there is potential here to be unearthed and at a reasonable price.

Another key factor in all of this is the fact that it is so late in the window -- we might as well get excited about it, because what else are we to do?

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #26: Aug 30, 2023 08:08:31 pm
      Can't understand why we've left it this late. He's been talked about in the press for weeks. Either way it blows apart the myths that Klopp likes to get his targets in early / Klopp will wait for the right player etc etc. Seems like our scouting department travelled to Germany via Brighton and got their passports robbed.

Basically waiting on Bayern to find a replacement  it's a gamble but hopefully will come.good .
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 13,007 posts | 3425 
      Reply #27: Aug 30, 2023 08:25:19 pm
      I don't understand why we are not going for Palinha ? We need him more than Bayern.

Because he is 29 and will cost £70mil
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #28: Aug 30, 2023 08:32:10 pm
      Because he is 29 and will cost £70mil

In a nutshell.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,241 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #29: Aug 30, 2023 08:32:48 pm
      I don't understand why we are not going for Palinha ? We need him more than Bayern.

He would be so good for us
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #30: Aug 30, 2023 08:35:47 pm
      He looks great and cheap! Get him in.
      instinct
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 18 
      Reply #31: Aug 30, 2023 08:58:30 pm
      This is not a good signing. Struggled massively in Germany and in the National team
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,383 posts | 2823 
      Reply #32: Aug 30, 2023 09:09:43 pm
      Odd one for me if it goes through. Not really a DM and think we have better options further up the pitch on the books already.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #33: Aug 30, 2023 09:17:22 pm
      Odd one for me if it goes through. Not really a DM and think we have better options further up the pitch on the books already.

He's a powerful, skillful, athletic box to box midfielder. Everything we hoped Naby Keita would be but wasn't.

Really hope we sign this lad.
      instinct
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 18 
      Reply #34: Aug 30, 2023 09:41:15 pm
      He's a powerful, skillful, athletic box to box midfielder. Everything we hoped Naby Keita would be but wasn't.

Really hope we sign this lad.

He is not a box to box midfielder. You obviously haven’t seen him play. He’s a attacking midfielder although he can play centre mid, loves a pop at goal from any distance not a type of player to look for long balls plays it short and sweet
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #35: Aug 30, 2023 09:45:40 pm
      He is not a box to box midfielder. You obviously haven’t seen him play. He’s a attacking midfielder although he can play centre mid, loves a pop at goal from any distance not a type of player to look for long balls plays it short and sweet

Gini Wijnaldum was a number 10 before he signed for us.

Played more than a few times as a 6. Pretty sure he may have even played CB on an occasion.

If a player can be moulded Jürgen and Pep can mould.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts | 128 
      Reply #36: Aug 30, 2023 09:45:51 pm
      Basically waiting on Bayern to find a replacement  it's a gamble but hopefully will come.good .

If we'd showed our intent early doors then Bayern wouldn't have 2 days to find a replacement. Has all the hallmarks of another desperate deadline day fix and once again highlights the inadequacy of our current scouting / transfer  teams and DOF.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #37: Aug 30, 2023 09:47:26 pm

If Jones is going to feature for England as a DM then having the options of Mac Allister and Gravenberch at LM
      would be a massive upgrade on last season.

Could even change the formation and have Thiago/Jones/Bajcetic/Endo in the deeper roles of a 4-2-3-1.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #38: Aug 30, 2023 09:48:19 pm
      If Jones is going to feature for England as a DM then having the options of Mac Allister and Gravenberch at LM
      would be a massive upgrade on last season.

Could even change the formation and have Thiago/Jones/Bajcetic/Endo in the deeper roles of a 4-2-3-1.

Squad was crying our for 4 2 3 1 last season and I think well set up for it again this season
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #39: Aug 30, 2023 09:49:53 pm
      Squad was crying our for 4 2 3 1 last season and I think well set up for it again this season

I think it best suits the current squad and would play to the full backs strengths.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #40: Aug 30, 2023 10:02:04 pm
      I've moaned and complained plenty in this thread all summer but if they can get this one across the line i'll be feeling much better about our midfield, particualry considering the strong starts from Szobo and Mac and the recent return to full-time training for Thiago and Bacjetic.

Now for a deadline day Centre-Half please.
      harrydunn08

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #41: Aug 30, 2023 10:03:21 pm
      From what i have seen of him. He is okay. Bajcetic is a better player with ball on his feet, and Ryan Gravenberch is decent, there is nothing that stand out too much from him, expect his height. He is a tall lad.

Il be honest and say i havent watched too much from him, so too early to describe him as player but he is defiantly not one of those who instantly shine on the pitch. If we do get him, then i hope he does well.

Fair enough -- everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  I think he's a top talent and someone who Klopp could mold into an elite #6.  For what it's worth, Rafael Van der Vaart seems to think Gravenberch is a top talent as well. 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rafael-van-der-vaart-tells-26724146

I wouldn't go so far as to say he's as good or better than Jude, but clearly the lad is highly regarded by some players and managers.  As the saying goes, if Jürgen wants him then that'll do for me. 
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #42: Aug 30, 2023 10:03:23 pm

Have you not considered that Klopp is not alone in the negotiations FFS.  There are a number of individuals from either club that could be responsible for any delays, yet morons always point the finger at Klopp. What the F**k is up with you people .
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #43: Aug 30, 2023 10:05:11 pm
      Have you not considered that Klopp is not alone in the negotiations FFS.  There are a number of individuals from either club that could be responsible for any delays, yet morons always point the finger at Klopp. What the F**k is up with you people .

Have to laugh that just because Jürgen said once or twice he likes to get his players signed early people read this as we'll only ever sign players on June 1st.

Seriously children talk more sense.

Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,693 posts | 146 
      Reply #44: Aug 30, 2023 10:12:07 pm
      Are we gonna use Gravenberch as the 6 then instead of Endo ? Because signing him as an 8 doesn't make sense since we have: Jones, Thiago, Elliot, Macca, Szobo all competing for the same position.

Edit:  Unless we are planning early and Thiago is leaving next summer.
      « Last Edit: Aug 30, 2023 10:17:26 pm by Aminegriffy »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #45: Aug 30, 2023 10:16:19 pm
      Are we gonna use Gravenberch as the 6 then instead of Endo ? Because signing him as an 8 doesn't make sense since we have: Jones, Thiago, Elliot, Macca, Szobo all competing for the same position.

In the current formation

Macca                        Szoboszlai
           Gravenberch                 Elliott
             Jones

Thiago/Bajcetic/Endo

Quick Reply