Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leeds?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      26 (35.6%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (2.7%)
      Ibrahima KonatƩ
      1 (1.4%)
       Fabinho
      1 (1.4%)
      Curtis Jones
      12 (16.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Cody Gakpo
      6 (8.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      13 (17.8%)
      Diogo Jota
      12 (16.4%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Darwin NĆŗƱez
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Voting closed: Apr 21, 2023 09:52:26 pm

Leeds United 1-6 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 8768 times
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Re: Leeds United 1-6 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: Apr 17, 2023 10:36:02 pm
      Well it shows how much I know thinking we'd win by a slight margin  :lmao:

Great second half boys after a bit of a slow first half, they certainly picked it up.

Great to see Diaz back up and running and lots of different scorers sharing the goals round.

Trent bossed that game  :)

Fans were in great voice, well done lads.

Fabulous result, now let's do the same to Forest.

Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #369: Apr 17, 2023 10:43:25 pm
      It was handball. VAR decided it was 2 or more moves out. I was surprised but we get knocked back often enough. Wasn't crucial nor was the Konte error.
      Fabio Aurelio
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 873 posts | 107 
      Reply #370: Apr 17, 2023 10:53:57 pm
      Pissed I missed most of the second half, but it feels great to be a fan tonight.

Jota was absolutely horrendous until he got his assist, but after that did really well. Heā€™s been counted out recently but heā€™s a good player deep down. Jones had a very good game and I hope he can continue to build upon this.

I like the new system but I havenā€™t reservations about how well it would work if Konate isnā€™t available. At least Klopp is trying something new.m: a tweak to the formation, a different position for Trent (who was brilliant), and a chance for Jones to put a run of form together.

We still need signings in the summer but this is encouraging and I hope we can aim to win all of our remaining games. Weā€™ve been horribly inconsistent this season, but it seems like the mood is changing. But then again it kind of felt that way after the wins over Newcastle and United. Itā€™s so frustrating because on our day weā€™re a top 3 team in the league, if not top 2.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #371: Apr 17, 2023 10:58:04 pm
      Is the league mathematically impossible?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #372: Apr 17, 2023 11:03:28 pm

We can't win the league but we can, just, still be relegated. 😳
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #373: Apr 17, 2023 11:13:41 pm
      I went for Curtis motm.
      Trent was great, and Gakpo but I thought Curtis not only played well, the improvement in him was huge. No really been a fan of his, but he really put in a performance tonight !
      Keep it up lad.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #374: Apr 17, 2023 11:46:41 pm

Need 2/3 snookers for top 4. So 5th and the Europa. Nuther avenue into Champions League. Euro Conference League would be a distraction so probably just play the fringe players or try duck out of it altogether.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #375: Apr 17, 2023 11:53:55 pm
      Need 2/3 snookers for top 4. So 5th and the Europa. Nuther avenue into Champions League. Euro Conference League would be a distraction so probably just play the fringe players or try duck out of it altogether.
      We should always try and win every game we play regardless of context...If we end up in the Euro conference...then play it with a number of fringe players. BTW where was Carvalho tonight...Is he injured?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #376: Apr 18, 2023 12:05:33 am

Iā€™m taking the piss if youā€™re in conference cup Harris.  :lmao:
      Given a choice surly youā€™d prefer not to play in it and concentrate on the league and two domestic cups? 
      It just makes so much sense, well at least to me it does.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #377: Apr 18, 2023 12:12:57 am
      Iā€™m taking the piss if youā€™re in conference cup Harris.  :lmao:
      Given a choice surly youā€™d prefer not to play in it and concentrate on the league and two domestic cups? 
      It just makes so much sense, well at least to me it does.

Yeah but we can't drop points if we know all we have left is a Euro conference league spot. Obviously would have no choice if we are the qualifying position. When the dust settles on this season I suspect our injuries will be the main reason we haven't at least competed for top 4.

Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #378: Apr 18, 2023 12:20:49 am
      Last 2 matches have been of interest for the tactical geeks. Trent in that 'inverted' position. It was also telling the way Nunez took his goal. I think the out and out centre forward Haaland style role could be his best position. OK we know his conversion rate one V one is not great but he will improve.

On the wing he is sometimes shut out of it as we play mostly down Mo's side. With Trent feeding the forwards, Nunez could score a hat full. Got the choice of 3 on the left. Jota,Diaz or Gakpo.

If we get in the right players in the summer the potential is there. At least some sort of a decision has been made over Trent. It was drifting and he was in danger of losing his place. Now there are endless possibilities. 
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #379: Apr 18, 2023 12:29:55 am
      We should always try and win every game we play regardless of context...If we end up in the Euro conference...then play it with a number of fringe players. BTW where was Carvalho tonight...Is he injured?

The squad is stacked where Carvalho plays.
      Now if he played cdm maybe he'd be there,
      but he's not going to play with Diaz and Jota back.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #380: Apr 18, 2023 12:43:09 am
      Last 2 matches have been of interest for the tactical geeks. Trent in that 'inverted' position. It was also telling the way Nunez took his goal. I think the out and out centre forward Haaland style role could be his best position. OK we know his conversion rate one V one is not great but he will improve.

On the wing he is sometimes shut out of it as we play mostly down Mo's side. With Trent feeding the forwards, Nunez could score a hat full. Got the choice of 3 on the left. Jota,Diaz or Gakpo.

If we get in the right players in the summer the potential is there. At least some sort of a decision has been made over Trent. It was drifting and he was in danger of losing his place. Now there are endless possibilities. 

So many doubters of giving Trent a chance in midfield ( Iā€™m not one of them ) I always thought he was worth a few games in that position  as if pays off would be a spring in his bow. What can be said is that on the 90/180 mins heā€™s played in the middle more there canā€™t be any negatives can they?

He was up for it tonite and not only smile on his face but spring in his step also. Set up that 85 million player that still havenā€™t made my mind up for a good goal.

His performance tonite will certainly be having his doubters on humble pie duties. 😂😉  To be fair still early days but if youā€™re only getting 2/3 midfielders in the summer then maybe heā€™s just versatile enough to give you that extra dimension when needed.?

As previously stated heā€™s one that I would keep despite his poor form this year. With the necessary changes you could get your old Trent backā€¦..

God forbid me for saying it. 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø😂
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #381: Apr 18, 2023 12:44:52 am
      Yeah but we can't drop points if we know all we have left is a Euro conference league spot. Obviously would have no choice if we are the qualifying position. When the dust settles on this season I suspect our injuries will be the main reason we haven't at least competed for top 4.

What position guarantees you a conference league cup competition? Is it as many games at the Europa cup?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #382: Apr 18, 2023 12:46:42 am
      Missed the game, had to take the dog to the vet. Saw some highlights. Looked like a much better outing from everyone, Jota back in the scoresheet, Salah doing his thing and it looks like Trent in midfield might just be a thing?
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #383: Apr 18, 2023 12:59:54 am
      Good win that. Main points for me were Jota getting in the goals with a couple of decent finishes, Trent showing once more what he is capable of at his best and just the general energy levels of the team. Much improved...much in keeping with this mental season that we probably show it just a bit too late.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #384: Apr 18, 2023 01:17:33 am
      Good game, much improved across the board. I like seeing Trent in that new position. Konate, despite gifting them one, I thought was huge as usual. Robertson also very switched on defensively. Fabinho had a decent game. Jones, showing some of that talent Klopp sees in him.

With that said, I would take all of this with a grain of a salt considering Leeds were very very poor from the first minute of the game and essentially gave up and decided to just watch after our 3rd goal.

Also, for those constantly worried about the forwards not scoring. Here is what I mean when I say that if we do create for them then they will score. Today we created chances for them, held on to the ball and the net result is Jota, Salah, Gakpo and Nunez all scored. Like I said, Leeds had a lot to do with it, but we created chances for them and they finished them. Usually, all these forwards get is speculative over the top passes from VVD and TAA with about 4 players surrounding them and no support whatsoever.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #385: Apr 18, 2023 02:07:19 am
      There was an improvement not because we scored so many but tactically we were better.

It was a handball but it did not matter.

Scored some well taken goals.

Trent has definitely changed his way of playing as Klopp has said.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #386: Apr 18, 2023 07:42:30 am
      Yes, letā€™s not suck each otherā€™s dicks just yet,

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Other then that, GET THE FUCCCKKKKK INNN  LADSSSSSS   About F***ing time!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #387: Apr 18, 2023 07:48:50 am
      Leeds are clearly garbage but interesting to see Trent put in a creative performance in midfield that the rest of our midfielders could only dream about.

But the stand out for me was Konate he covered two positions by h8mself, in previous games Trent vacating his position would have left a huge hole but Konate was anticipating that when ever we lost the ball in their half. And of course won all his duels.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #388: Apr 18, 2023 08:02:17 am
      If it works it work but I'm glad Klopp is taking inspiration from Peps tactics and formation.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #389: Apr 18, 2023 08:08:21 am
      Trent MOTM, honourable mentions to Salah, Jota & Jones.

Konate class too apart from the one batshit error. :(
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #390: Apr 18, 2023 08:40:20 am
      I do feel like for this new position for Trent to truly work for him and the team we need someone more mobile than Fabinho alongside him. 

Quick Reply