Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Forest?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      9 (16.1%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      47 (83.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Voting closed: Apr 26, 2023 04:54:30 pm

Liverpool 3-2 Nottingham Forest: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 8524 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Re: Liverpool 3-2 Nottingham Forest: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #276: Apr 22, 2023 05:02:40 pm
      Spurs aren't the problem. It's Newcastle - we need them to lose 3 out of their last 8 games whilst we win 7 on the spin.

Both very unlikely.

😂😂😂😂 bar codes may well lose three, they’ve got the jitters a bit now. But after today, it’s unlikely we’ll win 7
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #277: Apr 22, 2023 05:03:11 pm
      Like the bad old days, shitting yourself every time we conceded a set piece
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #278: Apr 22, 2023 05:03:15 pm
      Have to mention Salah - scoring every game at the moment
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Nottingham Forest
      Reply #279: Apr 22, 2023 05:03:23 pm
      A win is a win but f**k me does that match raise more questions than it answers.

Defense still a massive question mark be very surprised if another CB and possible RB don't come in
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #280: Apr 22, 2023 05:04:24 pm

Yeah fair play, but had the ball taken off him so often today was really winding me up !
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #281: Apr 22, 2023 05:05:13 pm
      unreal credit to Forest....they are pretty decent
      Their league position would suggest otherwise. At the moment we're making ordinary sides look like Real Madrid (apart from from when we batter them of course)
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #282: Apr 22, 2023 05:05:49 pm
      Spurs aren't the problem. It's Newcastle - we need them to lose 3 out of their last 8 games whilst we win 7 on the spin.

Both very unlikely.
      Newcastle will fall off, they won't handle the end of season pressure. Also, the Scum have a few tough games on the bounce too... saying that though, every team we come across at the moment whether they are 20th or 1st seems a tough one, so yeah very unlikely, but the next 2-3 weeks are were our best chance is, just gotta do our job which after today, is easier said than done.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #283: Apr 22, 2023 05:06:39 pm

Yep taking his chances at the moment (bar pens!).

System needs a bit of a tweak though to get more out of him - thought he was out of the game for large periods when he was stuck out on the right wing so much.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #284: Apr 22, 2023 05:08:57 pm
      Defense still a massive question mark be very surprised if another CB and possible RB don't come in

what did a right back have to do with their 2 goals?
      RedBelle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 731 posts | 120 
      Reply #285: Apr 22, 2023 05:14:51 pm
      Only on radio commentary but it really sounded like we were hanging on in the latter stages? Will watch tonight -
      3 points is 3 points but it seems like we try every match not to get them and to make sh!t opposition look like Real Madrid.
      Thought VVD (apart from the header where he should have scored) once again didn't inspire anyone with confidence and I usually love Ibou but from the comments on here he now has caught the lurgy which is endemic in the side.
      Gone for Jota as MOM cos at least he stuck his chances away!
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #286: Apr 22, 2023 05:20:07 pm
      Jota my MOTM by a bit of a distance, took his goals well, and could have had more. Mo and Gapko quiet enough, tho Mo nicked one, Nunez no impact, Diaz had one or two nice little runs.
      Hendo/Fab/Jones, struggled first half to create, best chances were set pieces. 2nd half more open, thought it was made for Thiago but he was quiet and hit some poor passes. Milly was Milly.
      Couple of deflected goals they got, but we looked soo shakey on their long throws. Ally needs to improve with ball at feet, passed it into touch under no real pressure and they score from the long throw. They have some big lads up front but we have big lads in defense, still mayhem though.
      Lots of possession. Not all that convincing, and could have ended up anything, but we got the 3 points so that's good.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #287: Apr 22, 2023 05:20:42 pm
      what did a right back have to do with their 2 goals?

Never mentioned  the RB had anything to do with the goals was a general comment about transfers and our defense
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #288: Apr 22, 2023 05:26:24 pm
      We've been struggling with set-pieces all season and today was a continuation of that. With that said, I've got to give it to the lads for a hard fought victory against a team very clearly fighting for its life.

I guess we could sit here and pick the game apart and point out the defensive issues, but I wont and instead I'll just say that we showed much more more character than we did most of the season which is always pleasing to see. It's a reminder that when that team puts in the effort, presses correctly, and doesn't just give up 20 minutes in we don't necessarily need to play a perfect game to win because we have a lot of quality in the squad.

Offensively speaking, once again, we held on to the ball and successfully exited our own half by other means than ridiculous speculative bombs from the CBs to isolated forwards and the press was very decent. The combination of those elements directly translates into chances being create for the forwards which in turn means goals.

I do think that if this is the way we decide to set-up going forward we'll need mobile Cm's who are comfortable in the half spaces and can run with the ball at their feet in order to offer some creativity in those areas we see Hendo and Jones drifting into because of TAA going into the middle. This will also ask questions of the opposition who, no doubt, will very soon start sticking one or two players in midfield who's only job will be to gang up on TAA. That's when you need to have the quality in midfield to punish them. 

Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #289: Apr 22, 2023 05:48:14 pm
      Can we have a look at Gibbs white ? He's English, still young and won't cost much if Nottingham forest goes down.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #290: Apr 22, 2023 05:53:54 pm

Both very unlikely.

Need Spurs to beat Newcastle for a start...We play Spurs at home

And i think Newcastle plays Arsenal as well. Brighton and end the season at Chelsea.  Just gotta keep winning
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #291: Apr 22, 2023 05:58:36 pm
      Trent at right back over the years gets support from Hendo. In the inverted role Hendo is higher supporting Mo.

The fact is on the back foot we are like headless chickens sometimes and Hendo and Jones didn't really offer a lot when we came under pressure. Jones just drifted out wide and didn't influence it enough.

Just don't defend as a team, not a high energy team on the back foot.
      instinct
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 18 
      Reply #292: Apr 22, 2023 06:27:21 pm

😂😂😂😂 bar codes may well lose three, they’ve got the jitters a bit now. But after today, it’s unlikely we’ll win 7

I think Brighton are the dark horses.
      Newcastle have got a hard run and think they’ll slip out of top 4. Spurs have an equally as hard run in, and with spurs being spurs  I don’t fancy them, might change if they have a new manager in before next weekend.

Our run is easiest on paper but that’s it, I would be surprised if we won the last 7. But we have a chance.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #293: Apr 22, 2023 07:38:38 pm
      Spent the afternoon in Sefton park. What's everyone's take on the game?

I just watched 3 minutes highlights on YouTube and from that we can consider ourselves fortunate for the 3 points.

Konate ... I mentioned this in the Leeds thread ... bullied time and time again by people half his size. Not convinced whatsoever there isn't better than him out there. Van dijk once again didn't pull up any trees either. We don't see to be able to cope with a cross, corner or throw in ... it was very worrying to watch.

However ... some positives one of which being Jota. Unlucky not to have the match ball. When he's in form we are much more a threat and it's not left to Mo to do it all. Confidence looks well up now ... 2 very good goals today.

The other positive of course was the 3 points. That's all that matters between now and the end of the season.

Have to say though, on this form I don't fancy us on the road and west ham will be a very difficult proposition.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #294: Apr 22, 2023 08:27:28 pm
      Hmm great to see jota back at it, Trent is enjoying playing in the midfield and looks at home there like he does at right back, talented kid him. Having to still technically be right back too is overdoing it, either put someone at right back and move Trent to midfield or don't is my thoughts on that. Having to do extra stuff is unfair but it does work still weirdly enough.
       I was very confused this game though because what's with the slowest airball from long throw ins making all our supposed top class defenders panic all the time?  Mo as far right on the pitch he can play? Just move in a bit, it's not that hard especially in a game like that where we had so much possession. Still odd some of our football, they nearly did us there and everytime a team that low in the league does it I'm thinking well what is going to happen with teams higher up. And it wasn't even like they were playing with that fight relegation spirit it was just long throw ins? Strange.
      « Last Edit: Apr 22, 2023 09:17:38 pm by Crunchycrisps »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #295: Apr 22, 2023 08:44:49 pm
      Was an interesting to game.  Very flat first half and the atmosphere reflected that , dominated the possession but didn’t really create much

Second half and Jota came into it , then it was a case of who could defend the worst at set pieces , seemed a lack of concentration and communication

Great finish for Jota second and Mo did well considering he was giving the defender a piggy back

It was a game earlier in the year that we would have prob lost so it’s good to get 3 points and for some we backed up a good victory with another win.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #296: Apr 22, 2023 08:48:32 pm
      Didn't see this one but scoreline suggests a tight game?
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #297: Apr 22, 2023 08:51:13 pm
      Obviously we need a 'fire fighter', a Kevin Phillips type. Bajcetic  added a bit of energy but lacks experience. We don't work hard enough once we lose possession. This was Forrest, lowest scorers bar Everton and they could've easily score 3/4 in the second half...did score two.

If we don't get our finger out on the back foot we won't get 5th let alone 4th. Thinking positively if we can work work work V West Ham we then have 3 home games. But West Ham have to be beaten...big..Big..BIG.. game..
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #298: Apr 22, 2023 09:28:57 pm
      Obviously we need a 'fire fighter', a Kevin Phillips type. Bajcetic  added a bit of energy but lacks experience. We don't work hard enough once we lose possession. This was Forrest, lowest scorers bar Everton and they could've easily score 3/4 in the second half...did score two.

If we don't get our finger out on the back foot we won't get 5th let alone 4th. Thinking positively if we can work work work V West Ham we then have 3 home games. But West Ham have to be beaten...big..Big..BIG.. game..

Phillips from Leeds, that’s now a Man City player?

That poor kid has had maybe 30 minutes of playing time at Man City.

I thought he did very well his time with Leeds.

Quick Reply