Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Forest?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      9 (16.1%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      47 (83.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Voting closed: Apr 26, 2023 04:54:30 pm

Liverpool 3-2 Nottingham Forest: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 8532 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Liverpool 3-2 Nottingham Forest: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #299: Apr 22, 2023 10:15:54 pm
      Phillips from Leeds, that’s now a Man City player?

That poor kid has had maybe 30 minutes of playing time at Man City.

I thought he did very well his time with Leeds.

He can’t even get on bench at City
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #300: Apr 22, 2023 10:51:31 pm
      He can’t even get on bench at City

He has to be regretting that decision. Lost out on the England team too. I could of sworn he was a starter for the Euro Final V Italy.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #301: Apr 22, 2023 11:40:52 pm
      He has to be regretting that decision. Lost out on the England team too. I could of sworn he was a starter for the Euro Final V Italy.

I’m sure the £150K salary consoles him.

glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #302: Apr 22, 2023 11:56:44 pm
      I’m sure the £150K salary consoles him.

Fair point
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #303: Apr 23, 2023 01:33:21 am
      And F***ing breathe!

Geez we make it hard for ourselves sometimes.

I still can't get over Ali with that hack kick out of play, for their 2nd goal.

Also which other Club has a deflection effect the first goal and then 2 deflections for their second goal?

Shithouse defending but where is the luck on both of those goals and when will we ever get a deflected goal go in for us!!!!
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #304: Apr 23, 2023 04:22:58 am
      And f**king breathe!

Also which other Club has a deflection effect the first goal and then 2 deflections for their second goal?

Shithouse defending but where is the luck on both of those goals and when will we ever get a deflected goal go in for us!!!!

When you defend like that you don't deserve any luck.

We had our chances too but f*ck me if they'd registered 4 or 5 goals yesterday we couldn't have complained.

West ham have much better players and if we defend like that, as we have all season never mind just on the road, we're getting beat.

Made up with the 3 points. Jota in the goals. Taking the few positives and moving on.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #305: Apr 23, 2023 06:59:48 am
      Phillips would not be a smart buy

My main reason isn’t his quality but he’s had big injury issues and also has barely played

So suddenly you’re taking a guy who hasn’t played much with injuries and slightly overweight according to his manager to suddenly play in a super intense midfield like ours, the gamble is too high

Had he been playing and often in the last year then yes but I can easily see him constantly injured and struggling
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #306: Apr 23, 2023 09:30:43 am

Thing  is if he is sold in the summer to one of the top 6 clubs and goes straight into first team football  it will just show har far the fcukers are in front of the rest of us all.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #307: Apr 23, 2023 09:47:22 am
      3 set piece goals for us yesterday and it became quite clear we would need them because from open play we looked pretty clueless.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #308: Apr 23, 2023 09:50:24 am
      Watching the game again, really not sure what Jones and Henderson bring to games like that one. Henderson is too slow and not creative enough and Jones just takes way too long to do anything with the ball which slows down any attack that goes through him.

It was only really Trent that was trying to be proactive and look for some passes to open Forest up, but apart from that it was another dire performance from our midfield.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #309: Apr 23, 2023 10:24:45 am
      I thought the travelling Notts Forest fans with their tribute to the 97 Liverpool fans, who tragically lost their lives in the Hillsborough disaster, showed great respect, something sadly missing today. Well done to them, for their thoughtful gesture.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #310: Apr 23, 2023 10:58:39 am
      Phillips from Leeds, that’s now a Man City player?

That poor kid has had maybe 30 minutes of playing time at Man City.

I thought he did very well his time with Leeds.

Poor kid F**k All, he choose money over playing, that’s as clear as the bun on his head, his attitude is the exact opposite of a Liverpool player, F**k him, he can f***in rot on Shitty’s bench as far as I’m concerned, he could have been something he’s clearly talented but obviously his passion for football takes a backseat, if indeed he had any ?

Imagine this Cnut as a role model for young aspiring wannabes, “Look at what you can achieve “ half a dozen decent seasons with a struggling club, then spend the rest of your career parked on a f***in bench, wealthy as F**k, but F**k all else, hardly inspiring is it,

He had regular first team footie at Leeds, a bigger club would have come calling but because it was City and all that money he decided that F**k hard work and dedication I’ll just sit my arse on a f***in bench and watch my arse swell like my bank account !!
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #311: Apr 23, 2023 11:58:58 am

Poor kid F**k All, he choose money over playing, that’s as clear as the bun on his head, his attitude is the exact opposite of a Liverpool player, f**k him, he can f***in rot on Shitty’s bench as far as I’m concerned, he could have been something he’s clearly talented but obviously his passion for football takes a backseat, if indeed he had any ?

Imagine this Cnut as a role model for young aspiring wannabes, “Look at what you can achieve “ half a dozen decent seasons with a struggling club, then spend the rest of your career parked on a f***in bench, wealthy as f**k, but f**k all else, hardly inspiring is it,

He had regular first team footie at Leeds, a bigger club would have come calling but because it was City and all that money he decided that f**k hard work and dedication I’ll just sit my arse on a f***in bench and watch my arse swell like my bank account !!

I think you are being very harsh on him. He probably backed himself to get into their starting 11. Most professional footballers will have big egos and believe they should be playing every week. I think he probably believed he was better than Rodri.
      Obviously the money was probably also a significant factor but we can't just assume he went to City because he was greedy.

It's not working out for him and Pep has criticised him at least once for being unfit. If he stays at City for another few years doing nothing then we can question his motivation but this is his first season at City who have the best team in the world, unfortunately.

Was Divok greedy?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #312: Apr 23, 2023 01:06:51 pm

Poor kid F**k All, he choose money over playing, that’s as clear as the bun on his head, his attitude is the exact opposite of a Liverpool player, f**k him, he can f***in rot on Shitty’s bench as far as I’m concerned, he could have been something he’s clearly talented but obviously his passion for football takes a backseat, if indeed he had any ?

Imagine this Cnut as a role model for young aspiring wannabes, “Look at what you can achieve “ half a dozen decent seasons with a struggling club, then spend the rest of your career parked on a f***in bench, wealthy as f**k, but f**k all else, hardly inspiring is it,

He had regular first team footie at Leeds, a bigger club would have come calling but because it was City and all that money he decided that f**k hard work and dedication I’ll just sit my arse on a f***in bench and watch my arse swell like my bank account !!

He’s a Yorkshire lad through and through what do you expect from the lad.   :lmao: Their tight as fcuk when it comes to money. 🤷‍♂️
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #313: Apr 23, 2023 01:22:48 pm
      I think you are being very harsh on him. He probably backed himself to get into their starting 11. Most professional footballers will have big egos and believe they should be playing every week. I think he probably believed he was better than Rodri.
      Obviously the money was probably also a significant factor but we can't just assume he went to City because he was greedy.

It's not working out for him and Pep has criticised him at least once for being unfit. If he stays at City for another few years doing nothing then we can question his motivation but this is his first season at City who have the best team in the world, unfortunately.

Was Divok greedy?

Not harsh mate, just being truthful, he didn’t come across as having a big ego, he was quite grounded to be fair to him, he seen the lights and thought the grass was greener, it wasn’t, but that certainly wasn’t at the forefront of his mind when ogled the wage he’d be on, he knew he wouldn’t be walking into a starting position,
      He could/ should have signed for Citeh & stayed at Leeds another season at least then he’d give Leeds another seasons service and got plenty of playing time, guess the money was too much of a attraction, you don’t gain much experience sat on a f***in bench do you?

For me, he wasted a whole season doing F**k all, instead of helping his former teammates try and stay in the league, at least then he could go anywhere with his head held high and it wouldn’t have mattered which bench he chose to warm ??

YNWA

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #314: Apr 23, 2023 01:28:20 pm
      He’s a Yorkshire lad through and through what do you expect from the lad.   :lmao: Their tight as fcuk when it comes to money. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, I heard he dropped a pound coin and it hit him on the back of the head 🤭
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #315: Apr 23, 2023 01:43:08 pm
      I mean this 'inverted' ploy puts a lot of pressure on the back three..their doing extra work...

Robbo's been in demanding time and a half...gang of 3..Robbo's the ringleader...nark that lad..tell yer..start a riot in a phone box..

Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #316: Apr 23, 2023 02:35:15 pm
      Missing out on Paquetta/Bruno G is a crime both players would've taken us to the next level but we decided to chase players that were never going to choose us.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #317: Apr 23, 2023 04:17:31 pm
      And f**king breathe!

Hope you have the nerve for the remaining games of the season, which is likely to prove quite a roller coaster ride, the way the defence is performing. it is a case of scoring more than we concede !

KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #318: Apr 23, 2023 04:19:48 pm

Not harsh mate, just being truthful, he didn’t come across as having a big ego, he was quite grounded to be fair to him, he seen the lights and thought the grass was greener, it wasn’t, but that certainly wasn’t at the forefront of his mind when ogled the wage he’d be on, he knew he wouldn’t be walking into a starting position,
      He could/ should have signed for Citeh & stayed at Leeds another season at least then he’d give Leeds another seasons service and got plenty of playing time, guess the money was too much of a attraction, you don’t gain much experience sat on a f***in bench do you?

For me, he wasted a whole season doing f**k all, instead of helping his former teammates try and stay in the league, at least then he could go anywhere with his head held high and it wouldn’t have mattered which bench he chose to warm ??

YNWA

I think you are spot on IF he stays at city next season, but if he leaves then it’s very harsh what you said

He moved and then got a bad injury, he moved as he thought this was his big time move to become a top star player winning trophies, nothing wrong with that

But after his injury he now has not impressed enough and the manager clearly does not rate him and has made a mistake buying him

So what else can be do but warm the bench? In the summer if he is what you say then he will stay and collect his pay, but if he has ambition and so
      On, he will ask for a move to rebuild his career

My point earlier was as he has had a bad season through injury and has barely played, he’s not the man for us as it’s a big risk getting someone to suddenly play a lot of games at intensity

Last season would have been happy buying him provided he didn’t get injured, he was excellent for Leeds and had he brought that intensity which he is used to us with his Leeds form, then we would have improved

You can’t assume everyone moves to city for money. Think bigger than hating on these moves. He played for a small club and had the chance to win trophies and become a better player by training with better players under a great coach, why wouldn’t he move ? It’s a no brainer but it simply has not worked out
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #319: Apr 23, 2023 04:28:22 pm
      Missing out on Paquetta/Bruno G is a crime both players would've taken us to the next level but we decided to chase players that were never going to choose us.

Do you ever post about anything apart from bloody transfers
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #320: Apr 23, 2023 04:34:13 pm
      Do you ever post about anything apart from bloody transfers
      Well sometimes he posts about transfers
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #321: Apr 23, 2023 04:41:44 pm

Can't argue with your assessment there, he was made a big money offer and took it. He will have known he was unlikely to get much game time and that would have a knock on effect on his International ambitions. Slight caveat would be, it's a relatively short career, and although I have no idea what his Leeds wage would have been, it's fair to say his City wage must dwarf it. A lot of players come through financial hardships growing up and so I understand they may see the opportunity to make big cash for their families future if given the chance. Not that he was likely to ever be poor....it's just a tad understandable....Of course ,once retired, not all get well paid manger jobs or cushy media gigs.

Quick Reply