Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match : West Ham v Liverpool : 26th April, 19.45

Read 2790 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Re: Pre Match : West Ham v Liverpool : 26th April, 19.45
      Reply #23: Apr 26, 2023 11:41:18 am
      Wouldn't be surprised to see an unchanged XI, with Thiago, Diaz and Nunez coming on early in the second half.

Thats where money would be as well
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #24: Apr 26, 2023 12:52:02 pm
      Could be a serious 'proper' blast. No quarter asked none given..in the words of that genial gent..one Paul Merson..

"Ah mean this could be a proper proper football match..I mean Liverpool are a proper team..proper team..for me the 'ammers play proper football..and for me Jeff yer wanna see proper teams playing proper proper football..Jeff.."
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #25: Apr 26, 2023 03:01:29 pm
      I think Diaz, Jota and Salah start front three. It will be Hendo, Thiago and Fab in midfield with Trent, Ibra, Virg and Robertson in the back.

3-1 win for the redmen.

That's a pretty good shout re: the starting line-up. Be interesting to see if Jones starts for another consecutive game, he has been improving steadily. Diaz might just be ready for a start now, will be great to have him back.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #26: Apr 26, 2023 03:07:37 pm
      Wouldn't be surprised to see an unchanged XI

Actually I'd be very surprised if we don't see some changes.  It would not blow my mind if Gomez was shoved in to right back and Trent actually started in midfield here.  Henderson probably making way.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #27: Apr 26, 2023 03:12:19 pm
      Actually I'd be very surprised if we don't see some changes.  It would not blow my mind if Gomez was shoved in to right back and Trent actually started in midfield here.  Henderson probably making way.

With the double game week it could go either way, but I'd rather see 5 subs used with 3 being early than change too much.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28: Apr 26, 2023 03:27:06 pm
      I'd like to see Nunez start. OK Jota in, Mo...but Gakpo just hasn't kicked on. He will be a good signing but if not Nunez then Diaz comes in. Nunez is a goal threat so I'd go with him with Gakpo and Diaz on standby.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #29: Apr 26, 2023 03:29:32 pm
      I'd like to see Nunez start. OK Jota in, Mo...but Gakpo just hasn't kicked on. He will be a good signing but if not Nunez then Diaz comes in. Nunez is a goal threat so I'd go with him with Gakpo and Diaz on standby.

I'm sure Nunez is knocking on the door for a start.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #30: Apr 26, 2023 03:58:10 pm
      With both Diaz and Jota now fit and competing for game time Nunez needs to do more in terms of creating and scoring, if and when given the chance. Seems to be lacking a bit of confidence lately....needs to back himself.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #31: Apr 26, 2023 04:00:05 pm

For me, Forest was the only game where Gakpo struggled.  He's added something, goals or otherwise, since he's been here.

(But I agree Nunez will start this one. Hopefully he gets the hang of the press - an absolute for Jürgen.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #32: Apr 26, 2023 04:00:12 pm
      Think we should go after them from the off, burst their bubble(s) early, if Jürgen changes it I’d like see this………

Allison
                  Trent   Gomez   Virgil   Robbo
                           Fabinho   Thiago
                                   Gakpo
                       Mo         Jota       Diaz

Want us not only to go gung ho for a still possible CL spot, but to send down a marker for next season, just to remind et al we’re still f***in here, if Ibou makes it , hopefully, Gomez misses out, but I don’t think Jürgen will risk him,
      If Trent goes roaming, Fabinho needs to fill in and cover, like Hendo would, with Diaz & Robbo linking up left side, and Mo and Trent right, Thiago pulling the strings and interacting with Gakpo & Trent, I think we can put these cnuts to the sword, and could hand out a proper battering, keep the pace up and drag them all over the shop and see what happens,

Nunez, maybe Jones or Elliot replacing Diaz & Thiago, on 60-65, and maybe Bobby for Gakpo last 15-20,

Let’s Rock N Roll !!

YNWA

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #33: Apr 26, 2023 04:20:43 pm

For 85 million he should be more than knocking on the door racer.   ;D  To be fair though you may not see the best of him till midfield sorted out.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #34: Apr 26, 2023 04:39:57 pm
      I also think Nunez should be in the starting line up against West Ham. It would give his confidence a bit of a boost, perhaps.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #35: Apr 26, 2023 05:10:28 pm
      For me, Forest was the only game where Gakpo struggled.  He's added something, goals or otherwise, since he's been here.

(But I agree Nunez will start this one. Hopefully he gets the hang of the press - an absolute for Jürgen.

Me hoping every forward already gets the hang of the press and can operate interchangeably and seamlessly. Once everyone has an understanding of their own and their teammates’ roles (before they even receive the ball, they already know that the goal is coming, with who and where to make the next pass to), we could go back to playing devastating football.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #36: Apr 26, 2023 05:50:18 pm
      With both Diaz and Jota now fit and competing for game time Nunez needs to do more in terms of creating and scoring, if and when given the chance. Seems to be lacking a bit of confidence lately....needs to back himself.

klopp said nunez is a long term project, english lessons not going as fast as they like I think. l o l
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #37: Apr 26, 2023 05:58:26 pm
      We will have to come out red hot and match them from the off. No reason why we can't bust a gut. Out of everything so all hands to the pump. If Konate is out I would go Gomez over Matip. Matip has lost pace and is only just fit more often than not.

Will we risk playing Trent in the 'inverted' position. Floating back three, big risk, even bigger if Matip starts.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #38: Apr 26, 2023 06:06:29 pm
      Think we should go after them from the off, burst their bubble(s) early, if Jürgen changes it I’d like see this………

Allison
                  Trent   Gomez   Virgil   Robbo
                           Fabinho   Thiago
                                   Gakpo
                       Mo         Jota       Diaz

Want us not only to go gung ho for a still possible CL spot, but to send down a marker for next season, just to remind et al we’re still f***in here, if Ibou makes it , hopefully, Gomez misses out, but I don’t think Jürgen will risk him,
      If Trent goes roaming, Fabinho needs to fill in and cover, like Hendo would, with Diaz & Robbo linking up left side, and Mo and Trent right, Thiago pulling the strings and interacting with Gakpo & Trent, I think we can put these cnuts to the sword, and could hand out a proper battering, keep the pace up and drag them all over the shop and see what happens,

Nunez, maybe Jones or Elliot replacing Diaz & Thiago, on 60-65, and maybe Bobby for Gakpo last 15-20,

Let’s Rock N Roll !!

YNWA

Bobby  won't be available
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #39: Apr 26, 2023 06:19:10 pm

Aw sh*t, ok Elliot will or should get in 😁
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #40: Apr 26, 2023 06:40:56 pm
      I think Jürgen will go same again especially will want to keep it tight in midfield so will look to Hendo, Fabinho and Jones for that. Possibility he starts Thiago though in place of Jones.

Front three will be Salah, Gakpo and Jota I'm sure.

Will be a tougher game than recent ones and one I'm a bit nervous about.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #41: Apr 26, 2023 06:42:33 pm
      Same team apart from Matip for Konate who is ill
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #42: Apr 26, 2023 06:46:15 pm
      Great to have all our forwards fit for selection, apart from Bobby which is a pity.

Quick Reply