Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v WHU?

Alisson Becker
      2 (3.2%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      18 (29%)
       Fabinho
      3 (4.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.6%)
      Joel Matip
      16 (25.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      3 (4.8%)
      Diogo Jota
      1 (1.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Cody Gakpo
      18 (29%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Voting closed: Apr 30, 2023 09:36:49 pm

West Ham United 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 9193 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Re: West Ham United 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #345: Apr 27, 2023 10:16:30 am
      Probably be a debate on here and within the club on who gets the nod. Mo, Jota,Gakpo,Diaz,Nunez. Nunez might be last in the pecking order but that can change. There all under pressure and  Mo shouldn't be guaranteed a start either.

In the 3 home games coming up I think all 5 will score at some stage. So V Spurs..then V Fulham..then V Brentford..

We score 10 goals and all five strikers score...what are the chancers of that happenin' ?
      Don77

• 6,327 posts | 1036 
      Reply #346: Apr 27, 2023 10:17:48 am
      It wasn't a penalty. End of story. They're just looking for an out because they lost. And in truth we could and should have won by more.

3 tough home games coming up now. Spurs usually turn up against us, Brentford won at city and have the kind of forwards we hate playing against and Fulham are having a good season. All winnable though and if we do take 9 we won't be too far from 4th.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #347: Apr 27, 2023 10:32:46 am
      It wasn't a penalty. End of story.

Agree.  I know BT Sport have to fill the hour after the football finishes with 'contoversial chat' but it was never a penalty.  What's Thiago supposed to land on the floor with? His head.

Anybody who thinks it could have been a penalty has had their mind turned to mush by banter pundits.  Start turning Sky/BT off after the final whistle.

Trent the other week - that could possibly have been given as a handball but Thiago's definitely wasn't.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,235 posts | 752 
      Reply #348: Apr 27, 2023 10:44:24 am
      Well earned three points, two very good goals from Gakpo & Matip. Winning three games on the trot, hope we can extend this sequence against Spurs on Sunday.
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #349: Apr 27, 2023 11:17:01 am
      I know BT Sport have to fill the hour after the football finishes with 'contoversial chat' but it was never a penalty.

So one pundit would say yes it’s a pen, while the other would say no. And they’ll have content to fill for an hour. Both will have a go at each other, just so that they can script out a post show for the sake of entertaining their viewers, even though they may believe their arguments to be otherwise. Pundits are entertainers too, just off the field.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #350: Apr 27, 2023 11:22:49 am
      Agree.  I know BT Sport have to fill the hour after the football finishes with 'contoversial chat' but it was never a penalty.  What's Thiago supposed to land on the floor with? His head.

Anybody who thinks it could have been a penalty has had their mind turned to mush by banter pundits.  Start turning Sky/BT off after the final whistle.

As soon as the final whistle sounds it's gone, also the volume is turned on.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,982 posts | 666 
      Reply #351: Apr 27, 2023 11:49:30 am
      So one pundit would say yes it’s a pen, while the other would say no. And they’ll have content to fill for an hour. Both will have a go at each other, just so that they can script out a post show for the sake of entertaining their viewers, even though they may believe their arguments to be otherwise. Pundits are entertainers too, just off the field.
      Exactly it's how live TV works: Imagine this: " I think it's a stonewall pen what do you think?"...."Yes, totally agree pen all day"....next 25 minutes would be pundits all sitting looking at each other with nothing to say....So viewers would turn off, damaging its ability to attract advertisers.
      Bit of an exaggeration to call them "entertainers" though....Off the field?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #352: Apr 27, 2023 12:25:06 pm
      shame Moyes did not rant and rave when his player Soucek handled the ball like a goalkeeper.
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #353: Apr 27, 2023 12:33:46 pm
      Bit of an exaggeration to call them "entertainers" though....Off the field?

Then what should we call them? If football is not live entertainment business then what is it? An academic lecture? A documentary?

In the name of live entertainment you expand your seating capacity and sell more tickets. You win awards, they just solidify the credibility of the show to your audience. You don't have to win awards every year. Your customers will fill up your venue 100% even if you are relegated.

Your pre-season overseas is called a marketing trip. You charge an appearance fee like all performers do. F1 races, a stand up comedian, NBA games in China, WWE, you can go on and on. It's all about the product and the money. Why should I not pimp your squad - because LFC is already a solid brand and has a very good product offering already.

It's all a live entertainment business. Not some charity. The TV keeps you entertained so that you can watch the commercials where they collect the money from. It's deffo not a lecture or a documentary. Entertainer is the correct commercial term. As are the players. You need to pay your actors who entertain you.
      Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Reply #354: Apr 27, 2023 01:07:41 pm
      The controversy over penalty appeals will rage on. Will the Ref be sent to the monitor? That causes issues on it's own. Moyes whinged over it. We've had the same issue a few times. Obviously the ref only sees it from one angle but we can't have the ref running over to the monitor on every pen claim.

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,982 posts | 666 
      Reply #355: Apr 27, 2023 01:22:26 pm
      Then what should we call them? If football is not live entertainment business then what is it? An academic lecture? A documentary?

In the name of live entertainment you expand your seating capacity and sell more tickets. You win awards, they just solidify the credibility of the show to your audience. You don't have to win awards every year. Your customers will fill up your venue 100% even if you are relegated.

Your pre-season overseas is called a marketing trip. You charge an appearance fee like all performers do. F1 races, a stand up comedian, NBA games in China, WWE, you can go on and on. It's all about the product and the money. Why should I not pimp your squad - because LFC is already a solid brand and has a very good product offering already.

It's all a live entertainment business. Not some charity. The TV keeps you entertained so that you can watch the commercials where they collect the money from. It's deffo not a lecture or a documentary. Entertainer is the correct commercial term. As are the players. You need to pay your actors who entertain you.
      There is an agreed upon term: Pundit.
      Football (The Game) is a form of entertainment, having opinions about football is not an entertainment...in much the same as a news broadcast, or the weather isn't entertainment. Just because you are on camera doesn't define you as an entertainer.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #356: Apr 27, 2023 01:24:32 pm
      The controversy over penalty appeals will rage on. Will the Ref be sent to the monitor? That causes issues on it's own. Moyes whinged over it. We've had the same issue a few times. Obviously the ref only sees it from one angle but we can't have the ref running over to the monitor on every pen claim.

Moyes is always whinging moreso when his job is hanging by a thread!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #357: Apr 27, 2023 01:48:48 pm
      I was surprised when the ref wasn’t asked to go to the monitor - it looked a penalty but the heck knows with the handball rules

It seems strange that Thiago was allowed to do that - nearly played Basket ball
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,982 posts | 666 
      Reply #358: Apr 27, 2023 02:11:22 pm
      Any time the ball hits an arm or a hand in the area it should have to go to the monitor.
      « Last Edit: Apr 27, 2023 02:35:24 pm by Longy-Shops »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #359: Apr 27, 2023 02:18:59 pm
      It was a good one. Still have a long way to go but at least we seem to be trending up now. Trent for MotM for me.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #360: Apr 27, 2023 02:40:21 pm
      I was surprised when the ref wasn’t asked to go to the monitor - it looked a penalty but the heck knows with the handball rules

It seems strange that Thiago was allowed to do that - nearly played Basket ball

He was really close to the ball, it wasn’t a shot or a cross, plus he was falling that way so his arm wasn’t in an unnatural position.

However, he was lunging with both feet off the ground and it was a crap tackle. If it was given, I wouldn’t be complaining (just F***ing moaning and crying of course)
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #361: Apr 27, 2023 02:44:48 pm
      He was really close to the ball, it wasn’t a shot or a cross, plus he was falling that way so his arm wasn’t in an unnatural position.

However, he was lunging with both feet off the ground and it was a crap tackle. If it was given, I wouldn’t be complaining (just f**king moaning and crying of course)

If it was in the other box then I wouldn’t be pleased if it wasn’t given
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #362: Apr 27, 2023 04:51:56 pm
      There is an agreed upon term: Pundit.
      Football (The Game) is a form of entertainment, having opinions about football is not an entertainment...in much the same as a news broadcast, or the weather isn't entertainment. Just because you are on camera doesn't define you as an entertainer.

The entertainment stops with the final whistle and adjustment of volume from off to on.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Re: Live: West Ham V Liverpool
      Reply #363: Apr 27, 2023 05:17:26 pm
      Konate another injury prone lad perfect at LFC 🙄
      He wasn’t injured

Rested
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #364: Apr 27, 2023 07:08:03 pm
      I’ve put a bet on. We’re getting top 4. End of.

YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #365: Apr 27, 2023 07:28:47 pm
      I’ve put a bet on. We’re getting top 4. End of.

YNWA

Plenty of money then.  ;D Its a brave bet. guessing around 8 or 9/1 ?
      Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Reply #366: Apr 27, 2023 07:50:05 pm
      Plenty of money then.  ;D Its a brave bet. guessing around 8 or 9/1 ?

Only giving about 7/2. I would put it at 20/1. If we win all our games we finish with 71 pts. United have to drop 12 of the 24 available to them...Newcastle...have to drop 9 out of the 21 available. I mean Mancheater United have only scored 2 more than Leicester. I mean who wants a team like that in the Champions League....
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #367: Apr 27, 2023 08:12:23 pm
      Its not the odds boys, its the passion.

Actually just a tenner, but I’ve been saying it fir a few weeks now and one oc my Sheff Utd pals invited me to puT my money where my (big) mouth is!   :f_wah:

YNWA

Quick Reply