Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v WHU?

Alisson Becker
      2 (3.2%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      18 (29%)
       Fabinho
      3 (4.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.6%)
      Joel Matip
      16 (25.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      3 (4.8%)
      Diogo Jota
      1 (1.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Cody Gakpo
      18 (29%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Voting closed: Apr 30, 2023 09:36:49 pm

West Ham United 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 9174 times
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Re: West Ham United 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: Apr 27, 2023 08:13:20 pm
      Anyway Keith, we’ve got you’re lot in our sights!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #369: Apr 27, 2023 09:34:33 pm
      Only giving about 7/2. I would put it at 20/1. If we win all our games we finish with 71 pts. United have to drop 12 of the 24 available to them...Newcastle...have to drop 9 out of the 21 available. I mean Mancheater United have only scored 2 more than Leicester. I mean who wants a team like that in the Champions League....

7/2 😱😱😱 Fcuk me Dick Turpin wears a mask. 🤢  I wouldn’t have backed them at 10s even I supported them. That’s a seriously terrible price. I did say very early on this season United would struggle for goals with no fire power in front.  Considering we lack goals and Rashford scored almost 30 this year it’s very surprising we’re in top 4.  One striker arguably not enough for United next year.

Pretty sure you lot would still like to be there regardless of goals scored.   ;D

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #370: Apr 27, 2023 09:35:28 pm
      Its not the odds boys, its the passion.

Actually just a tenner, but I’ve been saying it fir a few weeks now and one oc my Sheff Utd pals invited me to puT my money where my (big) mouth is!   :f_wah:

YNWA

Not sure I call it passion mate.   ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #371: Apr 27, 2023 09:36:00 pm
      Anyway Keith, we’ve got you’re lot in our sights!

I know, still looking up at us.   :f_whistle:
      IrishRed86
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 145 posts | 37 
      Reply #372: Apr 27, 2023 09:43:19 pm
      Any very very slim chance of stealing 4th spot is well and truly up in smoke now. Newcastle tearing championship bound Everton apart.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #373: Apr 27, 2023 09:53:11 pm
      Any very very slim chance of stealing 4th spot is well and truly up in smoke now. Newcastle tearing championship bound Everton apart.

Gutted Newcastle go into the champions league instantly after one season with a cash injection. Proper gutted
      IrishRed86
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 145 posts | 37 
      Reply #374: Apr 27, 2023 10:03:56 pm
      Gutted Newcastle go into the champions league instantly after one season with a cash injection. Proper gutted

Yeah they are another Man City in waiting. Unlimited spending power. It will make getting into the champions league even more difficult going forward. I shudder think where we would be without Klopp. The ridiculous money in the game has kind of turned me off football in recent years. First it was a corrupt Russian and now the premier league will likely be fought for most years by state owned clubs. 
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #375: Apr 28, 2023 12:04:07 am
      I just watch the hammers game as I missed the second half yesterday.
      The law says if the ball hits a players hand while he is falling, no handball. If it’s in the penalty box, no penalty.

So why is Gollum in that job if he doesn’t know the rules he has to play within ?

Or perhaps he approached the ref at full time, to ask him why the rules weren’t changed for him.

What a total knob.
      Moving on, bitters done us no favours tonight so hope they get relegated now, but spuds stole 2 points off scum.
      Still all to fight for.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #376: Apr 29, 2023 05:58:05 pm
      I just watch the hammers game as I missed the second half yesterday.
      The law says if the ball hits a players hand while he is falling, no handball. If it’s in the penalty box, no penalty.

So why is Gollum in that job if he doesn’t know the rules he has to play within ?

Or perhaps he approached the ref at full time, to ask him why the rules weren’t changed for him.

What a total knob.
      Moving on, bitters done us no favours tonight so hope they get relegated now, but spuds stole 2 points off scum.
      Still all to fight for.
      Hear the state of language Gollum gave the ref? Making a beeline after the match, already thinking of excuses to give the team and to show he's a manager who cares so he doesn't get the sack plus he's a narky horrible barsteward always, I usually like all Scottish people because they are honest, down to earth and just great to talk with but I detest him and It's not just because he was Everton manager, all countries have wrong'uns ;D.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #377: Apr 30, 2023 11:42:24 pm

Quote from Harrisimo
      Moyes whinging over the penalty incident with Thiago. Moyes claimed he lunged, lost control and his arm prevented a through ball. Claims VAR should've sent the ref over for a second look. But you see these 'hand ball' claims all the time, can't start giving penalties every time the ball brushes a players arm from 2 feet.

It could've gone against us if Thiago was closer to our goal and he stopped a shot in that way but VAR is human and will get things wrong. It was maybe 60/40 in our favour. VAR hasn't eliminated bad calls or unjust results.

We got away with one against Leeds but all teams get bad calls. Some worse than others.

We didn't get away with it against Leeds. In law,  there was nothing wrong with the goal that was scored, so it was allowed to stand.

Moyes should be more irate about his defence allowing Matip a free header for the winner, than wanting to ignore a handshake from Jürgen, just to set off for an empty vessel confrontation with Kavanagh, over why he applied the lotg as they stand, not the lotg he wants them to be.

It's our first league win in that garish eyesore of an away kit, that hopefully we'll get rid of asap. But without VAR, we wouldn't have won the game and there would be a lot more here than just 377 posts, as there was after the game there last year. 3 points there last year and we would have won the league. If only.

Quick Reply