Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mo Games, Mo Records, Mo Salah

Read 744 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Mo Games, Mo Records, Mo Salah
      Apr 28, 2023 12:14:34 am
      The next time Mo wears the famous Liverpool shirt, it will be his 300th game for this club.

The great man will become the 62nd man to represent the club that many times and the fourth African (I think) to achieve the feat after Arthur Riley, Gordon Hodgson and Bruce Grobbelaar.

What more can be said about the man? When you look at the transfer fees that are being thrown around now, a mere £40 million quid looks like a steal for our Mo just six years ago. And this is despite a lot of people questioning the transfer, and it's fee, at the time. Now it really is looking like one the greatest bits of business we've ever done.

Scores goals for fun, breaks records like there's no tomorrow and is now ready for a 300th game. Only once, so far, in his Liverpool career has he failed to make 50 appearances in a season. Which just shows how F***ing good he is that he's almost always picked when fit and that he's almost always fit.

Congratulations Mo on your 300th game. I hope there's plenty more to follow as well.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Mo Games, Mo Records, Mo Salah
      Reply #1: Apr 28, 2023 09:16:48 am
      The next time Mo wears the famous Liverpool shirt, it will be his 300th game for this club.

The great man will become the 62nd man to represent the club that many times and the fourth African (I think) to achieve the feat after Arthur Riley, Gordon Hodgson and Bruce Grobbelaar.

What more can be said about the man? When you look at the transfer fees that are being thrown around now, a mere £40 million quid looks like a steal for our Mo just six years ago. And this is despite a lot of people questioning the transfer, and it's fee, at the time. Now it really is looking like one the greatest bits of business we've ever done.

Scores goals for fun, breaks records like there's no tomorrow and is now ready for a 300th game. Only once, so far, in his Liverpool career has he failed to make 50 appearances in a season. Which just shows how f**king good he is that he's almost always picked when fit and that he's almost always fit.

Congratulations Mo on your 300th game. I hope there's plenty more to follow as well.

Super MO !!!   a machine. :)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2: Apr 28, 2023 09:24:32 am

Scores goals for fun, breaks records like there's no tomorrow and is now ready for a 300th game. Only once, so far, in his Liverpool career has he failed to make 50 appearances in a season. Which just shows how F***ing good he is that he's almost always picked when fit and that he's almost always fit.

Mo Machine
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3: Apr 28, 2023 10:29:25 am

Scores goals for fun, breaks records like there's no tomorrow and is now ready for a 300th game. Only once, so far, in his Liverpool career has he failed to make 50 appearances in a season. Which just shows how f**king good he is that he's almost always picked when fit and that he's almost always fit.

Can’t see him surpassing Rushy mate, but by the time leaves or he hangs them up, he’s not gonna be a million goals off  getting close to ‘Sir’ Roger on 285, assuming he continues to score at a similar rate, as time goes on he’ll play less and less so it’s a tall order, but, he’s such a phenomenon no one can rule out him achieving it,

I don’t think he gets the adulation he deserves, even amongst our own, he is a one off, this kind of player only comes along every so often, generationally, looking back in our archives you’ll find, names such as Reisbeck, Balmer, Scott, Stubbins, Liddle, Hodgson (Gordon), Hunt, Rush, Fowler, Dalglish, Salah, ….

…..names tattooed into our folklore, Mo is just the latest addition, even if he retired this season, he has legendary status already.

YNWA
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4: Apr 28, 2023 12:50:46 pm
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #5: Apr 28, 2023 12:52:43 pm

Can’t see him surpassing Rushy mate, but by the time leaves or he hangs them up, he’s not gonna be a million goals off  getting close to ‘Sir’ Roger on 285, assuming he continues to score at a similar rate, as time goes on he’ll play less and less so it’s a tall order, but, he’s such a phenomenon no one can rule out him achieving it,

I don’t think he gets the adulation he deserves, even amongst our own, he is a one off, this kind of player only comes along every so often, generationally, looking back in our archives you’ll find, names such as Reisbeck, Balmer, Scott, Stubbins, Liddle, Hodgson (Gordon), Hunt, Rush, Fowler, Dalglish, Salah, ….

…..names tattooed into our folklore, Mo is just the latest addition, even if he retired this season, he has legendary status already.

YNWA

If he stays for another few season he may pass roger hunt, never catching Rush.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #6: Apr 28, 2023 01:32:40 pm
      If he stays for another few season he may pass roger hunt, never catching Rush.

I wouldn't be so certain mate. While it's highly unlikely, and I don't think he'll do it meself, I wouldn't say never.

He'll be 31 by the start of next year so could easily have another four years at least as our first choice right winger. All the new additions we've made to the front line have been either on the left or centrally, so Jürgen doesn't see any need (yet) to start looking for a replacement. If he plays and scores at the rate for those four years that he has been so far in his Liverpool career, it'd be around 120 goals in 200 games, which would take him close to 300 goals for the club (F**k me that's staggering by the way).

And then there's the possibility of him playing on further, especially when you look a the condition he keeps himself in. As well as players in general now playing a lot longer at the highest level. He could have six or seven years left in him as a regular in our starting XI.

I know it's all hypothetical, of course, but I wouldn't say he'll never catch Rushie just yet. And the biggest reason for that is Mo himself who has said he wants to break every record possible. He's driven by own his individual glory, so he'll certainly be thinking he can there.

Quick Reply