Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 10th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Liverpools run in top 4/6

Read 19784 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,763 posts | 7181 
      Re: Liverpools run in top 4/6
      Reply #138: May 08, 2023 06:16:15 pm
      utd cant win away as long as we win ours there is no more we can do meanwhile Everton not sticking to script winning 3-0 after 30mins at Brighton FFS
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #139: May 08, 2023 06:22:10 pm
      Not the way we’re playing, I’m genuinely concern now. Spit my dummy out last nite and with the momentum well and truly in your court I don’t like to think about it. Hopefully my prediction right in your last 6 games as I have you dropping two points.

I’m doing a Billy / Walt & Pete  if we don’t get CL. Going into the abyss    :lmao:

I wouldn't say we've got momentum. We're still dodgy as f*ck. Easy to get at. Normally I'd look at our remaining games and think a good chance of 9. Our form on the road this season would say otherwise.

So even if you do slip up ... I can't see us not slipping up as well. Story of our season really. All will become clear soon.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,314 posts | 2772 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #140: May 08, 2023 07:18:15 pm
      I wouldn't say we've got momentum. We're still dodgy as f*ck. Easy to get at. Normally I'd look at our remaining games and think a good chance of 9. Our form on the road this season would say otherwise.

So even if you do slip up ... I can't see us not slipping up as well. Story of our season really. All will become clear soon.

You’re absolutely right ( dodgy results) but winning and at this time of year and under the circumstances the results mean more than the performances.

I think United & Liverpool lucky to be in the positions they’re in given how we’re finishing and the way you started.  Obviously you lot have more excuses because of last years exploits. It’s now United’s turn to be caught out with so many fixtures as I think we’ve played more matches than anyone else this year.  Nearly always comes to bite you on the face unless you have a squad like city.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,258 posts | 3500 
      Reply #141: May 08, 2023 07:25:03 pm

If winning 6 on the bounce isn’t momentum then wtf is

I know you are unable to find anything positive but it’s pretty clear right now that the team are settled and putting a lot of pressure on man Utd -

__Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,947 posts | 452 
      Reply #142: May 08, 2023 07:35:11 pm
      Newcastle got 7 goals on us currently. If they lose 2 games that we need them to lose that number will go down 2 or 3 goals. We could do with winning and winning well our last 3.

It's an outside shot.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #143: May 08, 2023 08:19:17 pm
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,763 posts | 7181 
      Reply #144: May 08, 2023 08:23:04 pm
      if we win our remaining games and dont make top four then so be it but its a good sign for next season and we can put this season firmly behind us
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,314 posts | 2772 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #145: May 08, 2023 09:03:44 pm
      if we win our remaining games and dont make top four then so be it but its a good sign for next season and we can put this season firmly behind us

Granted you’ve won Walt but been scrappy games. Hardly encouragement for next year when you look at City. Remembering Arsenal a very young side that will most likely improve again.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,492 posts | 826 
      Reply #146: May 08, 2023 09:17:23 pm
      Granted you’ve won Walt but been scrappy games. Hardly encouragement for next year when you look at City. Remembering Arsenal a very young side that will most likely improve again.
      Wiping the floor with you lot 7-0 wasn't too scrappy....Any improvement will be 100% reliable on sound recruitment.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,314 posts | 2772 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #147: May 08, 2023 09:18:44 pm
      Wiping the floor with you lot 7-0 wasn't too scrappy....Any improvement will be 100% reliable on sound recruitment.

That was just a freak result, your annus horribilis year proves it.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,492 posts | 826 
      Reply #148: May 08, 2023 09:24:36 pm
      That was just a freak result, your annus horribilis year proves it.
      Any 7-0 is a freak result. Granted it was the high point of the season.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,314 posts | 2772 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #149: May 08, 2023 09:39:25 pm

The only point of the season, let’s hope there’s not one more incoming.    :lmao:
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,737 posts | 3948 
      Reply #150: May 08, 2023 09:44:58 pm

We always smash those cu*ts, United are sh*te!!!
      Harrisimo

• 8,436 posts | 1441 
      Reply #151: May 08, 2023 10:45:18 pm
      Unbelievable win for Everton. Set Brighton back. Said McNeil is one of the few decent players they have. Brighton's chances of 5th now shrinking.
      glennusmc

• 5,837 posts | 477 
      Reply #152: May 08, 2023 10:59:13 pm
      Not going to be a walk in the park for us next Monday v Leicester. They will be scraping for survival.

Or they are mentally beaten and we roll them over.

Don’t know what to expect.

Still hoping Everton go down, but a HUGE win for them today. Has to be Brightons worst loss this season ? Score line wise I mean.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #153: May 08, 2023 11:14:00 pm
      After the disaster of a season we’ve had to even be sniffing top four is miraculous , all we can do is keep winning any means will do at this stage .
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,614 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #154: May 09, 2023 06:21:22 am
      Keep winning our games and we have 5th minimum,  top 4 bonus if geordies and mancs keep dropping points. Simples.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,614 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #155: May 09, 2023 08:23:15 am
      Fekin have to wait till next monday.

But Imagine Geordies & Mancs drop more points, this next game will be massive for us and Leicester.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #156: May 09, 2023 08:53:20 am
      If Leeds help us, we will help them ;)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,987 posts | 5046 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #157: May 09, 2023 09:27:04 am
      You’re absolutely right ( dodgy results) but winning and at this time of year and under the circumstances the results mean more than the performances.

I think United & Liverpool lucky to be in the positions they’re in given how we’re finishing and the way you started.  Obviously you lot have more excuses because of last years exploits. It’s now United’s turn to be caught out with so many fixtures as I think we’ve played more matches than anyone else this year.  Nearly always comes to bite you on the face unless you have a squad like city.

Lucky my Arse, it is what it is, we’re in our position cos we’ve been missing legs in midfield, plus the system used is no longer functional, in effect we’ve ran ourselves into the ground with no other way of playing with players so used to a method they can’t utilise to its maximum,

You’re lot are only there cos we’re not, ETH, has,to be fair steadied your ship and even has you grabbing tin, but your paper thin in all departments from gk to striker with a smattering of quality keeping you interested,
      We’ve only improved cos we’re trialling something different and thus far it’s more purposeful than it was but it’s far from perfect and will need further improvements for it to become workable…..

….your lot are crumbling because of the lack of quality and the amount of games you’ve played, like I said before ETH has simply papered over the cracks but deep down you’re in a world of sh*te hence your hopes of Radcliffe or some f***in camel jockey coming in and saving yer bacon,

You’re desperate for it cos you know otherwise you’ll be down in the land of mediocrity, back to where it all started and if you don’t mind me saying you’re default setting, the BF era !!(before Fergie)

You know it as too does your fellow scumbags, how sad then , that the biggest club in the world, apparently, are desperate for a sugar daddy to bail them out of the sh*te, and worse still join the rest of the plastic brigade and buy success  just like those fraudulent noisy neighbours, the cheesy chavs and nobbled Newcastle,

Is that what you really want you’re club to become? Really??

Sir Matt will be spinning if it came to that!!

YNWA

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,332 posts | 774 
      Reply #158: May 09, 2023 10:08:15 am
      At least our present run of wins making it a bit more interesting, end of season run. Should at least qualify for the Europa league, with an outside chance of CL football next season, it would be a decent achievement, bearing in mind, the way this season has gone.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,332 posts | 774 
      Reply #159: May 09, 2023 10:10:35 am
      If Leeds help us, we will help them ;)

Leeds finding it difficult to help themselves, without helping anyone else. Although gave City a bit of a fright, only losing 2 1 in the end.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,763 posts | 7181 
      Reply #160: May 09, 2023 10:27:04 am

you cant score 7 every game and winning 6 and drawing to gives you a 90 plus points season I'll take that.

Quick Reply