Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpools run in top 4/6

Read 18031 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Liverpools run in top 4/6
      Reply #253: May 23, 2023 09:22:38 am
      And Newcastle should of been down to 10 with that tackle studs above the knees by Bruno G

I only watched last 10, cos I thought oh maybe a wee shock here.

Was as much cos everton would have dropped into bottom 3. l o l
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #254: May 23, 2023 12:13:05 pm
      if we ended the season the way we started the season then we would be in trouble our first 10 games gave us 16 points  60 point season the last 10 24 a 91 point season the lads have found the winning way despite not playing well we scored 9 against Bournemouth 7 against UTD 7 against Rangers and 6 against Leeds so plenty of fire  power on show. We should have won Saturday only for the intervention of a corrupt Referee.
      Looking forward to next season and to see who Jürgen brings in so much to be positive about now and time to put this season to bed
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #255: May 23, 2023 12:15:08 pm
      if we ended the season the way we started the season then we would be in trouble our first 10 games gave us 16 points  60 point season the last 10 24 a 91 point season the lads have found the winning way despite not playing well we scored 9 against Bournemouth 7 against UTD 7 against Rangers and 6 against Leeds so plenty of fire  power on show. We should have won Saturday only for the intervention of a corrupt Referee.
      Looking forward to next season and to see who Jürgen brings in so much to be positive about now and time to put this season to bed

ref's has cost us quite a lot in recent seasons. no wonder klopp was raging the other week.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #256: May 23, 2023 12:26:06 pm
      ref's has cost us quite a lot in recent seasons. no wonder klopp was raging the other week.

and yet they are the untouchables and never have to explain the cockups they make even with VAR available
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #257: May 24, 2023 11:33:01 am
      I'm still fuming about Saturday with the ref..I know we've masterminded our own downfall this year but it would've been nice to take it to the last day, I'd have fancied Chelsea to maybe get something 😡....I'll have to let it go and think about the games we've cocked up ourselves.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #258: May 24, 2023 01:25:53 pm
      can you imagine the panic at OLD trafford if Chelsea beat them and then they face a half decent Fulham. Very very unlikely but it would be fun to see the panic
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #259: May 24, 2023 01:55:06 pm
      I'm still fuming about Saturday with the ref..I know we've masterminded our own downfall this year but it would've been nice to take it to the last day, I'd have fancied Chelsea to maybe get something 😡....I'll have to let it go and think about the games we've cocked up ourselves.

We get what we deserve. Other than injuries, players putting their head up their ass for most of the season is the main reason we won't qualify for CL.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #260: May 24, 2023 01:55:44 pm
      I always felt Newcastle's last 3 games would be 4 points...WL&D...So 2 wins for us would have got us to fourth. The officials last Saturday were poor (What's new?)...but we were equally poor, especially in the first half....Was it no attempts on goal? we needed to be "at it" from the kickoff...anyway it wasn't to be..hindsight probably should have played Bobby from the off...he was so up for it.
      Staggeringly unlikely I know, but not impossible that Utd lose both games to the West Londoners.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #261: May 24, 2023 02:07:01 pm
      can you imagine the panic at OLD trafford if Chelsea beat them and then they face a half decent Fulham. Very very unlikely but it would be fun to see the panic

Awe man, It would be so funny of they lose tonight and it goes down to the last game. l o l
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #262: May 24, 2023 02:51:20 pm
      and yet they are the untouchables and never have to explain the cockups they make even with VAR available
      The first thing: The reason they make cockups is because they are human and all humans make errors. Secondly; A cockup is just one sides interpretation...for example, you might feel strongly that the ref was wrong not to red card Mings last week, and so a clear cockup....But if you're a villa supporter, he got it spot on, and so not a cockup...it's all subjective opinions. The other main incident (disallowed goal) in that game had Klopp saying he thought the defender had played the ball, whereas the ref thought the ball had hit him accidentally...in reality only the player knows what he did. The ref has to make a call, a guess...we think the wrong guess, Villa fan's the right guess. I can't see any value in referees giving post match explanations for their opinions..The games finished...whats the purpose?..all you will do is piss off one set of supporters even more.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #263: May 24, 2023 03:30:51 pm

Even  better to watch you lot get giddy then bought back down to earth.  ;D
      « Last Edit: May 24, 2023 04:35:28 pm by Keith Singleton »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #264: May 24, 2023 04:27:32 pm
      The first thing: The reason they make cockups is because they are human and all humans make errors. Secondly; A cockup is just one sides interpretation...for example, you might feel strongly that the ref was wrong not to red card Mings last week, and so a clear cockup....But if you're a villa supporter, he got it spot on, and so not a cockup...it's all subjective opinions. The other main incident (disallowed goal) in that game had Klopp saying he thought the defender had played the ball, whereas the ref thought the ball had hit him accidentally...in reality only the player knows what he did. The ref has to make a call, a guess...we think the wrong guess, Villa fan's the right guess. I can't see any value in referees giving post match explanations for their opinions..The games finished...whats the purpose?..all you will do is piss off one set of supporters even more.

you havent heard of this VAR then obviously
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #265: May 24, 2023 04:29:03 pm
      Even  better to watch you loy get giddy then bought back down to earth.  ;D

we dont do giddy we do realism its you have been laughing at us in the Conference but here we are still in the shout despite all the noise. You still have the FA Cup to just take your mind off the task in hand and surely even Chelsea have to win a game sometime.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #266: May 24, 2023 04:35:11 pm
      we dont do giddy we do realism its you have been laughing at us in the Conference but here we are still in the shout despite all the noise. You still have the FA Cup to just take your mind off the task in hand and surely even Chelsea have to win a game sometime.

We wont be winning the FA cup sadly, not in the same class as those kunts. Keep dreaming though  :D
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #267: May 24, 2023 05:09:53 pm
      you havent heard of this VAR then obviously
      I have heard of it, and by and large find it causes as many...or more problems than it solves.....I suggest you look up "Cascade bias"...Briefly, prior knowledge will influence a decision...in the case of football decisions, if a ref calls a penalty, then unless it's Clearly (as in indisputable) an error (lets say it was just outside the box)...then it's unlikely a VAR official will intervene. Human nature.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #268: May 24, 2023 06:35:01 pm
      If we go down the route of the ball struck him accidentally then we could have the same scenario we’re getting with head injuries, players have turned it into a farce ,
      What difference does it make accidentally or not it struck him it’s total bollox
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #269: May 24, 2023 07:30:06 pm
      If we go down the route of the ball struck him accidentally then we could have the same scenario we’re getting with head injuries, players have turned it into a farce ,
      What difference does it make accidentally or not it struck him it’s total bollox
      It's just one of those strange rules with an inbuilt grey area...like "Not interfering with play"
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #270: May 24, 2023 07:51:04 pm

didnt Wigan beat them in the Cup final so you must have an equal chance you are the Wimbledon of 2023
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #271: May 24, 2023 07:52:04 pm
      I have heard of it, and by and large find it causes as many...or more problems than it solves.....I suggest you look up "Cascade bias"...Briefly, prior knowledge will influence a decision...in the case of football decisions, if a ref calls a penalty, then unless it's Clearly (as in indisputable) an error (lets say it was just outside the box)...then it's unlikely a VAR official will intervene. Human nature.

I dont need to look up anything thanks. You carry on lecturing the Forum but count me out.
      Paul Red
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 39 posts |
      Reply #272: May 25, 2023 10:02:47 pm
      That's it then, Europa League next season
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #273: May 25, 2023 10:09:04 pm
      The final confirmation of what has been an absolute shambles of a season.

A really big three months ahead for everyone at the club to get us into a better position come the first day of next season.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #274: May 25, 2023 10:19:03 pm
      Complete shambolic of a season and Salah tweet made it even worst.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #275: May 25, 2023 10:27:29 pm
      Complete shambolic of a season and Salah tweet made it even worst.

What have I missed? What’s he said

Quick Reply