Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Forest?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      9 (16.1%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      47 (83.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Voting closed: Apr 26, 2023 04:54:30 pm

Liverpool 3-2 Nottingham Forest: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 8543 times
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Re: Liverpool 3-2 Nottingham Forest: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #322: Apr 23, 2023 08:14:49 pm
      A heart attack of a game that summed up our play this season other than the fact that we took another difficult situation… and won. Usual mistakes, panic, self-destructive tendencies, along with some good forward play and set piece goals which Forest could and should have kept out. At least our luck seems to be turning.

Trent’s new role looks like a last roll of the ‘22/23 dice - could reap rewards against weaker sides (the ones we struggled against this season), but if we faced better teams theyd find ways to keep him occupied and exploit it.
      Full marks to Jürgen for trying it though, and for TAA and Ibou for making it work so far.

A damn good 3 points if you ask me, lets keep them coming.

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #323: Apr 23, 2023 08:33:18 pm

Yeah, I heard he dropped a pound coin and it hit him on the back of the head 🤭

🤣 old but gold mate, did you know copper wire was invented by two Scotsmen fighting over a penny ? 🤣

YNWA
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #324: Apr 24, 2023 09:53:30 am
      Trent’s new role looks like a last roll of the ‘22/23 dice - could reap rewards against weaker sides (the ones we struggled against this season), but if we faced better teams theyd find ways to keep him occupied and exploit it.

That's my general feeling about it.  Don't see it as a long term strategy.   

You might get away with a floating centre-back/right back against lesser teams but against anyone decent in that position it could be tricky.  Interesting battle ahead to see how Trent gets on against Declan Rice as an example.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #325: Apr 24, 2023 04:32:56 pm

Full marks to Jürgen for trying it though, and for TAA and Ibou for making it work so far.

Exactly

No doubt Trent logged more miles this past weekend than any other LFC player, and it showed in the final 15 minutes when his lateral movement disappeared and left side strikers could shake free from him with ease.
      Solid tactic vs offensively challenged teams.
      Doesn't change the reality that offensively competent teams target and exploit his defensive deficiencies.

Equally alarming is VvD's inability to match the speed of many central strikers this year.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #326: Apr 25, 2023 08:39:48 am
      Gakpo's performance needs to improve if he wants to keep his place because he offered nothing against Forest.

There is Nunez and Diaz fishing for his place.

I hope that the defense improves.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #327: Apr 30, 2023 11:41:24 pm
      Quote from TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      A heart attack of a game that summed up our play this season other than the fact that we took another difficult situation… and won. Usual mistakes, panic, self-destructive tendencies, along with some good forward play and set piece goals which Forest could and should have kept out. At least our luck seems to be turning.

A damn good 3 points if you ask me, lets keep them coming.

YNWA

That's all that matters tbh at this stage of the season. Performances less so.

I was back in residence for the game, and after arriving an hour before ko the last time, I didn't want to repeat it again. I also didn't want to arrive in after ko either, but that's exactly what happened. So did many of us, there must have been a couple of thousand Redmen at least, queueing to get in at every block at ko time, and when the rumour went around that the ko was to be delayed 10 minutes, I thought it was a reasonable thing to do. Memories of the events that happened outside Hillsborough before ko all those years ago, came flooding back. Every block had a queue as far back as the gates themselves. With 5 minutes to go though, we heard the teams coming out and just as in 1989, we realised that the game would start on time, with many Redmen stuck outside the ground. Has anything been learned about crowd control in the years since?

Anyway, when I finally took my place in 105 right behind the goal, the game was 5 minutes old, just in the nick of time to see the highlight of the first half, the minute of appreciation when they raised their banner. Grown men shouldn't be told not to chant about football tragedies, but unfortunately these days some need to be reminded. Hillsborough is a terrible part of our history, but we were reminded that it wasn't just our fans there that afternoon, even if their presence often seems to be forgotten about, given what happened.

Back to Block 105, and I'm aware it happens regularly, but you would be forgiven for thinking the standing Kop had never gone away. It was standing room only throughout, bar the halftime penalty shootout. But at least, the best moments of the second half happened just 10 yards away, right in front of me, as we scored the three goals that won us the game. Celebrations for the second one were instantly brought to a halt though, as it looked like the ref had given a free kick against Jota. For what? Handball, offside, well nothing was found, so the goal was confirmed. Then VAR had to check the goal by Mo, in case it was offside. Initially it looked tight, so given all that was stake at both ends of the table, it was right that it should be thoroughly checked. As with the second goal we scored, they threw the ball back to their own box expecting it to be ruled out, but again nothing was found, so the goal was confirmed and it was enough to win us the game.

Three goals were scored, three points were won, and it's Jürgen's 100th home league win, a fabulous achievement in itself. It's our 18th win in the 20 games I've been lucky enough to be at, but with a win rate of 90% when I've been there, everyone usually heads home happy.

Quick Reply