Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Alisson Becker
      1 (1.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      7 (10.8%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      1 (1.5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      1 (1.5%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      8 (12.3%)
      Luis Diaz
      6 (9.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.5%)
      Cody Gakpo
      10 (15.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      29 (44.6%)
      Darwin Núñez
      1 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Voting closed: May 04, 2023 06:26:04 pm

Liverpool 4-3 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 10935 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Re: Liverpool 4-3 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: Apr 30, 2023 07:42:47 pm
      Media are in meltdown all saying Jota should of been red carded

I was led to believe a ‘high foot’ was when the foot was head height. When an opposing player ducks down and connects with your foot at waist height when you are striking the ball, it’s his own stupid fault.

It’s clear they have an agenda against us, if they’re not giving equal time to the Diaz assault.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,235 posts | 752 
      Reply #369: Apr 30, 2023 07:48:31 pm
      Nearly f**ked up after being 3  0 up. Thank goodness for Jota scoring a winning goal in injury time !

Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,327 posts | 1036 
      Reply #370: Apr 30, 2023 07:50:57 pm

He got the ball clean ... the lad put his head in. If he'd gone with his foot he might have got the ball.

It was an accident. Nothing more. A red would have been very harsh I think.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #371: Apr 30, 2023 07:53:37 pm
      He got the ball clean ... the lad put his head in. If he'd gone with his foot he might have got the ball.

I'm.as bias as they come, but if you put your "head in" over 5ft off the ground you don't expect to get studs in the head..... red card all day
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #372: Apr 30, 2023 07:54:50 pm

Course it was accidental, Jota not that type of player. However, Red all day and no it’s not coz I’m a manc saying it before someone does. 😂
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #373: Apr 30, 2023 08:00:44 pm
      How the F**k the free kick was given against Salah when it was the other way. Jota should have gone for a high foot Skip wasn’t even booked for a horrendous stamp ok Diaz and Konate should have given a penalty away and all this with the help of VAR, wonder who Tierney supports, the standard of reffing is at an all time low well done to the FA
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #374: Apr 30, 2023 08:07:44 pm
      Exciting game for a neutral (and for a red at the very end) but this game should have been in the bag at 3-0. We really should have gone in to paste them.

While the midfield has been a concern, there’s a reason it isn’t as good….because we have Jones and Elliott starting. They just aren’t the level we need for first 11, great for backups though.

Our defense however….these are the same starting 11 guys that have won everything in the world and they are playing like school boys. It’s atrocious at times.

Tierney is trying to become the shittest ref in the world. I mean he’s catastrophically bad.

Challenge on Diaz was a red all day long, like it’s not even a question.

Yellow against Jota was about right. His boot was high but he played the ball and the defender lunged down with his head, was never playing the ball. Never a red in a million years.

Thought Gakpo was really lively as was Trent. Not sure about MotM.

And what the hell was Klopp yelling at the 4th official for after we scored? Not a good look no matter how much the official may have deserved it.
      Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Reply #375: Apr 30, 2023 08:10:28 pm
      Well the ball doesn't know the rules and players react, but yes could've been red. The tackle on Diaz was in it's way just as bad if not worse. If we had dropped 2 pts we only have ourselves to blame.

WTF was Milner doing charging into Kane to give the free kick that led to the equaliser From 3-0 up we defended like wallies. Got to be more professional, they didn't make a game of it....we did.
      Don77

• 6,327 posts | 1036 
      Reply #376: Apr 30, 2023 08:12:32 pm
      Course it was accidental, Jota not that type of player. However, Red all day and no it’s not coz I’m a manc saying it before someone does. 😂

That's your opinion Keith. So fair enough. Mine is that he went with his foot to win the ball and won it clean. If we are sending players off for that then we may as well pack in.

Now if he goes in wild and Wreckless and out of control and kicks him in the head that's different.

Jota got the ball and the lad basically got there 2nd and therefore headed his studs. We can debate if thats a foul or not ... but a straight red card? Come on.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #377: Apr 30, 2023 08:20:25 pm
      That's your opinion Keith. So fair enough. Mine is that he went with his foot to win the ball and won it clean. If we are sending players off for that then we may as well pack in.

Now if he goes in wild and Wreckless and out of control and kicks him in the head that's different.

Jota got the ball and the lad basically got there 2nd and therefore headed his studs. We can debate if thats a foul or not ... but a straight red card? Come on.

As your is too Don, opinions. It will be interesting on ref watch tomorrow as I do enjoy watching the so called rules expert from Dermot Gallagher. 😂
      Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Reply #378: Apr 30, 2023 08:21:58 pm
      Boss had a pop at Tierney....He won't say what Tierney said to him..said "it wasn't ok"...but shouldn't be going at the 4th official..didn't look good.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #379: Apr 30, 2023 08:24:18 pm
      If Jota is a red then Nunez' attempted clearance for the equaliser is a red as well but because Richarlson didn't get touched, it's glossed over. And that's what it all boils down to, the divvy pundits are going solely off the result of the tackles. Skipp gets a nasty cut from Jota's boot so it's a red, Diaz doesn't get a broken leg (though easily could of) from Skipp's horrendous challenge so it's only a yellow. Absolute bollocks.

And I normally give Redknapp a bit more time than most on here, don't know if it's the 90s kid in me but I don't hate on him the way some do. But his argument for Skipp not getting red is that he won the ball but Jota, who won the ball, is worthy of a straight red. I thought some of the dopes I worked with where stealing a living but these F***ing pundits on all telly stations certainly are.

As for the game, I'm over the moon that we won in the manner we did because it means I can enjoy the victory. If it'd ended 3-2 then I think there would be a lot more doom and gloom around the game even though we still won because of the way we just stopped playing after Mo's pen. But to throw it away and then score a last minute winner means that it's a F***ing boss result again. And if this was a normal season where we're going for the League then we'd be talking up mentality monsters and that's what champions do and all the rest of it. So I'm gonna F***ing enjoy this win.

And I didn't think I could love Jürgen Klopp any more than I already do but him giving it to the officials just makes me adore the man that little bit more. The cheating F***ing bas**rds deserve to have their noses rubbed in it. And so does that crying c**t Ryan Mason.

So if you wanna sulk about us throwing away a 3-0 lead, please yourselves. I'm gonna enjoy our win and settle back down to the snooker with another couple of Guinness and maybe treat meself to a pork pie or two.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #380: Apr 30, 2023 08:32:16 pm
      Sounds like Klopp was riled about something Tierney said to him when he gave him the yellow. I’m not sure why Tierney still gets our games after his prior run ins with Klopp.

Also believe maybe Klopp was giving it to the Spuds bench and not the 4th official.

Who knows. I don’t want Klopp getting a touchline ban so I’d rather he stay off the officials even if they deserve it but it’s certianly entertaining to see him give them sh*t.

And Mason saying they were the better team….yea sure you were. That’s why you left with 0 points you bellend.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #381: Apr 30, 2023 08:34:28 pm
      No one can really argue with this.

The defense is as much of a worry as the midfield for me.

Maybe apart from Konate every one of them had regressed this season and as a unit it's as bad as I've seen in a long time.

How the F**k can you support FSG after a statement like that??
      Your only recourse is blame somebody or something else!
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #382: Apr 30, 2023 08:43:29 pm
      Jota was a red add everyday of the week. The boot has no business being that high and got to accept the red if you make contact with someone’s head

But also before that I would say skipp is a red card all day on Diaz and I like how everyone ignores that and we won’t be talking about jota had the ref given the correct decision as he was out of control as well

Mason is a tw*t talks about saying they deserved to win, implying we were lucky when in fact they only got their first goal due to a lucky slip from us and their final goal when the ref missed an obvious foul to us but I can imagine he is under a lot of pressure and is new to management so is struggling to see the reality

In terms of us, I’m just not sure about how we can be counter attacked so much, that’s all spurs did, defend, long ball into the gap we left so much space

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #383: Apr 30, 2023 08:46:46 pm
      When the Jota incident happened I thought it was just a foul and a yellow at most

Now watching back the replays then it’s very lucky - even if accidental , it that’s given as a red then it’s hard to complain about

But then Skipp and Co were diving into tackles all game long and caught Diaz badly
      Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Reply #384: Apr 30, 2023 08:46:47 pm
      Mason will big up what they did to get back into it. Fair enough, he wants the job..question he should be asking is how they sleepwalked the first 30 minutes. We let them back in..they didn't dig out of a hole through guts or anything..we just dropped off and when teams realise they have a chance after a crap start, it can be great motivation.

rossyred

• 9,096 posts | 1636 
      Reply #385: Apr 30, 2023 08:47:25 pm

Possible.red but I am afraid the recipient should.have walked a lot earlier
      joemack
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts | 13 
      Reply #386: Apr 30, 2023 09:10:39 pm
      If Jota is a red then Nunez' attempted clearance for the equaliser is a red as well but because Richarlson didn't get touched, it's glossed over. And that's what it all boils down to, the divvy pundits are going solely off the result of the tackles. Skipp gets a nasty cut from Jota's boot so it's a red, Diaz doesn't get a broken leg (though easily could of) from Skipp's horrendous challenge so it's only a yellow. Absolute bollocks.

And I normally give Redknapp a bit more time than most on here, don't know if it's the 90s kid in me but I don't hate on him the way some do. But his argument for Skipp not getting red is that he won the ball but Jota, who won the ball, is worthy of a straight red. I thought some of the dopes I worked with where stealing a living but these f**king pundits on all telly stations certainly are.

As for the game, I'm over the moon that we won in the manner we did because it means I can enjoy the victory. If it'd ended 3-2 then I think there would be a lot more doom and gloom around the game even though we still won because of the way we just stopped playing after Mo's pen. But to throw it away and then score a last minute winner means that it's a f**king boss result again. And if this was a normal season where we're going for the League then we'd be talking up mentality monsters and that's what champions do and all the rest of it. So I'm gonna f**king enjoy this win.

And I didn't think I could love Jürgen Klopp any more than I already do but him giving it to the officials just makes me adore the man that little bit more. The cheating f**king bas**rds deserve to have their noses rubbed in it. And so does that crying c**t Ryan Mason.

So if you wanna sulk about us throwing away a 3-0 lead, please yourselves. I'm gonna enjoy our win and settle back down to the snooker with another couple of Guinness and maybe treat meself to a pork pie or two.

well played, enjoy your Guinness and pork pies.
      Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Reply #387: Apr 30, 2023 09:23:10 pm
      We haven't done that badly over ref and Var in recent weeks I suppose. The Trent 'hand ball'...V Leeds....the Thiago lunge 'hand ball'....V West Ham......and now the Jota face high kick.

The Skipp tackle on Diaz..the Jota tackle..so 1-1 there. Richarlison tangled with Konate in the box..not given. Konate was all over him but Richarlison made the most of it. Yeah the Mo foul was ridiculous, maybe Tierney was told by Lino that Mo had elbowed the defender.

It was Tierney who booked Robbo after Lino elbowed him.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #388: Apr 30, 2023 09:26:03 pm
      We haven't done that badly over ref and Var in recent weeks I suppose. The Trent 'hand ball'...V Leeds....the Thiago lunge 'hand ball'....V West Ham......and now the Jota face high kick.

The Skipp tackle on Diaz..the Jota tackle..so 1-1 there. Richarlison tangled with Konate in the box..not given. Konate was all over him but Richarlison made the most of it. Yeah the Mo foul was ridiculous, maybe Tierney was told by Lino that Mo had elbowed the defender.

Agreed - feels like we’ve had a few lucky decisions
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #389: Apr 30, 2023 09:27:48 pm

Also Tierney who wouldn't send Kane off but sent Robbo off same game.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #390: Apr 30, 2023 09:30:16 pm
      VVD is disaster every single game gifting the other teams goals. If he doesn't improve next season, we need to move on.

Quick Reply