Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Alisson Becker
      1 (1.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      7 (10.8%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      1 (1.5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      1 (1.5%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      8 (12.3%)
      Luis Diaz
      6 (9.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.5%)
      Cody Gakpo
      10 (15.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      29 (44.6%)
      Darwin Núñez
      1 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Voting closed: May 04, 2023 06:26:04 pm

Liverpool 4-3 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 10910 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Re: Liverpool 4-3 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: May 01, 2023 12:34:26 pm
      Both Skipp and Jota should have seen red. The former decision would have had a much bigger influence on the result though so Mason needs to get a bit of perspective. If Spurs went down to 10 men in the first half when 3 down there's no way that game gets to 3-3.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #415: May 01, 2023 12:46:14 pm
      As per the home game against Madrid we came out of the blocks with energy and aggression, and as before we got our reward with the two well worked goals. We sustained the urgency and earned the pen. From then on it was Madrid take two, laboured, slow, and abject. A great big invitation for Spurs to engage in a game that should have seen them run ragged (as Newcastle had done the week before). We've seen this performance too often this campaign and we all knew the comeback was on the cards. I felt the equaliser coming from about the 50th minute.
      I can't remember us fashioning a chance after the pen and so at 3-3 I thought we'd once again shot ourselves in the foot. I'm not convinced we'd have got the winner without the error.....but credit to Jota, he was sharply onto it, looked up and slotted it perfectly .....and that, in that moment took some bottle and great skill.
      We somehow won and thank F**k for that, because nothing would have worse than throwing away a 3 nil lead to these hopeless s**ts.
      Onwards
      « Last Edit: May 01, 2023 04:47:29 pm by Longy-Shops »
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #416: May 01, 2023 12:56:14 pm
      Both Skipp and Jota should have seen red. The former decision would have had a much bigger influence on the result though so Mason needs to get a bit of perspective. If Spurs went down to 10 men in the first half when 3 down there's no way that game gets to 3-3.
      True both worthy of straight reds. The fact the first wasn't even given as a foul is frankly weird and can only be down to sheer incompetence by the officials. Obviously had Skipp been dismissed then Jota couldn't have kicked him in the grid when he did. I'm glad it should have been a red for Jota because it amplifies the sense of injustice for Spurs. We got 3 points, they got none....Happy days.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #417: May 01, 2023 01:23:01 pm
      we have conceded 42 Arsenal 38 UTD 39 its the stupid goals we have conceded that have cost us not necessarily the number. Still have a better 13 goal difference than UTD and if Mo had scored those two penalties in who knows where we could have ended up but its been that type of season just frustrating time and time again.
      If the lads can carry on winning game to the end of the season it will be a real plus for confidence. Yesterday our problem was highlighted, we switch of and become sloppy and teams punish us for it. There is only one team in this league who can better us that is City, UTD and Arsenal have benefitted from Chelsea, SPurs and ourselves having terrible seasons that will not happen again next season.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #418: May 01, 2023 01:26:10 pm
      True both worthy of straight reds. The fact the first wasn't even given as a foul is frankly weird and can only be down to sheer incompetence by the officials. Obviously had Skipp been dismissed then Jota couldn't have kicked him in the grid when he did. I'm glad it should have been a red for Jota because it amplifies the sense of injustice for Spurs. We got 3 points, they got none....Happy days.

I thoguht the tackle on Diaz was reckless and worthy of a Red but the experts thought Yellow and Me Tierney thought it was a good tackle no foul and he wonders why Jürgen questions his decisions like the Mo free kick before they scored when Mo's jersey attacked the SPurs player.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #419: May 01, 2023 01:39:56 pm
      Missed this one, outdoor bowling season, caught about 40 secs of highlights so can’t comment tbf, just happy to have won the game and obviously the points too, all I can say though without a shadow is the refereeing standards are getting worse, yet another spate of controversy involving inept officials, surely all the managers involved with similar controversies can’t all be wrong, but of course the Ostrich heads of the PGMOL are well and truly buried!!!

YNWA
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #420: May 01, 2023 01:46:37 pm
      the Ostrich heads of the PGMOL are well and truly buried!!!

YNWA

They are trying to set their own standards and rules. And wriggle their way out when questioned. We need more refs like Pierluigi Collina and they also need to be miked up for better transparency.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #421: May 01, 2023 03:54:27 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #422: May 01, 2023 04:27:48 pm
      I thoguht the tackle on Diaz was reckless and worthy of a Red but the experts thought Yellow and Me Tierney thought it was a good tackle no foul and he wonders why Jürgen questions his decisions like the Mo free kick before they scored when Mo's jersey attacked the SPurs player.

Yeah I agree could have choose a straight red but not even a booking. At the same time though you got off with Jota. Both bad decisions. Actually think if it wasn’t for the history Klopp & Tierney have Jota might of got the red but knew you lot! would start world war 3    ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #423: May 01, 2023 04:28:59 pm
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #424: May 01, 2023 04:30:11 pm

Skipp gets sent off, Jota incident does not happen.

This is the way.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #425: May 01, 2023 04:31:32 pm
      Missed this one, outdoor bowling season, caught about 40 secs of highlights so can’t comment tbf, just happy to have won the game and obviously the points too, all I can say though without a shadow is the refereeing standards are getting worse, yet another spate of controversy involving inept officials, surely all the managers involved with similar controversies can’t all be wrong, but of course the Ostrich heads of the PGMOL are well and truly buried!!!

YNWA

Out door bowling? Didn’t know you were that old. Be in the 80s now you then? Your real name David Bryant?     :f_whistle:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #426: May 01, 2023 04:39:23 pm
      Gave MOTM to Jota but did it on the final whistle. In hindsight I thought Gakpo did very well in setting the tone first half hour.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #427: May 01, 2023 05:21:09 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #428: May 01, 2023 05:30:40 pm
      Skipp gets sent off, Jota incident does not happen.

This is the way.

Correct but it did. So! Was Tierney right to give Jota a yellow? Now think before you answer Red 😂 excuse my pun  :lmao:
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #429: May 01, 2023 06:13:38 pm
      Could've easily broken Diaz ankle/leg.....Did Liverpool players surround the ref demanding a red card....no

Skipp get a accidental boot on his head...Spurs players surround Tierney, led by Kane, demanding Jota get a red card....I rest my case Ma Lud..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #430: May 01, 2023 06:17:14 pm
      Could've easily broken Diaz ankle/leg.....Did Liverpool players surround the ref demanding a red card....no

Skipp get a accidental boot on his head...Spurs players surround Tierney, led by Kane, demanding Jota get a red card....I rest my case Ma Lud..

Neither looked as if there was intent Harris, just bad tackles from both parties and as such both deserved a red.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #431: May 01, 2023 06:32:35 pm
      Neither looked as if there was intent Harris, just bad tackles from both parties and as such both deserved a red.

Think both were borderline Red...VAR possibly should've intervened. Definitely on the Skipp tackle as Tierney gave nothing. Doesn't necessarily have to be a red card decision. Many would argue VAR should've sent the ref to the monitor for both decisions.

Tyler shouted out at the end.."Lucky lucky Liverpool...plucky plucky Spurs"...got that wrong..they played like bloated chickens for the first 30 mins...it took our laid back complacency before they discovered they have a spine.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #432: May 01, 2023 06:43:55 pm
      Think both were borderline Red...VAR possibly should've intervened. Definitely on the Skipp tackle as Tierney gave nothing. Doesn't necessarily have to be a red card decision. Many would argue VAR should've sent the ref to the monitor for both decisions.

Tyler shouted out at the end.."Lucky lucky Liverpool...plucky plucky Spurs"...got that wrong..they played like bloated chickens for the first 30 mins...it took our laid back complacency before they discovered they have a spine.

Think the only reason ref never booked him is because he got the ball first. As we know that isn’t the case no more coz you can get booked purely on the follow through regardless of getting the ball first. 
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #433: May 01, 2023 07:38:58 pm
      Great game to watch with a fantastic ending, but we couldn’t close out a three goal lead, very worrying
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #434: May 01, 2023 07:41:28 pm
      As for the ref, shocking, ok Jota could have walked but not to at least not book Skip was incompetent
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #435: May 01, 2023 07:52:57 pm
      Correct but it did. So! Was Tierney right to give Jota a yellow? Now think before you answer Red 😂 excuse my pun  :lmao:

Not wishing to mess with the space time continuum Marty, he was wrong to give Jota a yellow card, as the president had been set, when Haaland didn't get one for the same offence, attemp to get the ball off someone's head.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #436: May 01, 2023 08:03:18 pm
      Gave MOTM to Jota but did it on the final whistle. In hindsight I thought Gakpo did very well in setting the tone first half hour.

Gakpo was MOTM for me.

Looking like the real deal the more he plays that role

Quick Reply