Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Alexis "Kevin" Mac Allister (Brighton)

Read 22804 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,216 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Alexis "Kevin" Mac Allister (Brighton)
      Reply #207: Jun 06, 2023 02:01:43 pm
      https://twitter.com/kopitepodcast/status/1665671404568690690?s=46&t=_4uI6CiVRqge8WqM7F37Iw

Iā€™m not sure what type of player people think he is but

He scores goals , creates goals , high energy and press

Very tidy on the ball

In what way isnā€™t he a type of player for us ?

Seems a Gini type player with a few more goals

Question!!

Mac Allister & Mount both pretty decent but not world class I think we can both agree, at least not yet but youā€™d think they probably wonā€™t now at their age. However, with both United & Liverpool fans having negative vibes about both players who do you think is the better of the two? Now I know those with rose tints will  obviously say Mac Allister coz heā€™s with you lot 😂

I honest canā€™t call it 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø I do think you lot ( from what Iā€™m reading)  will get a better deal price wise though.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #208: Jun 06, 2023 02:02:35 pm
      'Another' top quality CB ... who are our 'top quality' ones currently?

Van dijk is finished and you only have to see his laboured running , lack of pace and poor performances last season to see that. Let's not hide from this and pretend he will be van dijk pre pr&ckford next season. His aura has gone.

Konate gets bullied by players half his size ... can't manage games on consecutive Saturdays even without a midweek game ... injury prone. Too many mistakes.

Gomez is a calamity everytime he goes out there.

Matip ... for me is currently the best of the bunch ... when he's fit.

Gomez can go before Nat ... who has never let us down.

We need a top quality centre half ... coming into his peak who can make the difference that van dijk did 5 years ago.

With regard to trent ... he needs to move into midfield. He's shown his quality there. As he grows into the role he will get better.

A quality right back who can defend will enable us to have more solidity at the back which we just did not have last season. Trent , like van dijk just wasn't upto it.

Trent into midfield, 2 midfield players, a quality CB and a quality RB I'd be happy with.

Squad depth in terms of quality would still be an issue but we need to address the lack of quality in the first 11 this summer. 4 signings for the first 11 ... minimum.

Virgil ā€œfinishedā€?

Ok 😂
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #209: Jun 06, 2023 02:03:52 pm
      Question!!

Mac Allister & Mount both pretty decent but not world class I think we can both agree, at least not yet but youā€™d think they probably wonā€™t now at their age. However, with both United & Liverpool fans having negative vibes about both players who do you think is the better of the two? Now I know those with rose tints will  obviously say Mac Allister coz heā€™s with you lot 😂

I honest canā€™t call it 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø I do think you lot ( from what Iā€™m reading)  will get a better deal price wise though.

MacAllister is streets ahead

And a player doesnā€™t need to be world class to do well at a club
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #210: Jun 06, 2023 02:04:11 pm

Van dijk is finished and you only have to see his laboured running , lack of pace and poor performances last season to see that. Let's not hide from this and pretend he will be van dijk pre pr&ckford next season. His aura has gone.

Konate gets bullied by players half his size ... can't manage games on consecutive Saturdays even without a midweek game ... injury prone. Too many mistakes.

We need a top quality centre half ... coming into his peak who can make the difference that van dijk did 5 years ago.

With regard to trent ... he needs to move into midfield. He's shown his quality there. As he grows into the role he will get better.

A quality right back who can defend will enable us to have more solidity at the back which we just did not have last season. Trent , like van dijk just wasn't upto it.

Trent into midfield, 2 midfield players, a quality CB and a quality RB I'd be happy with.

Squad depth in terms of quality would still be an issue but we need to address the lack of quality in the first 11 this summer. 4 signings for the first 11 ... minimum.

Clueless
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,216 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #211: Jun 06, 2023 02:08:03 pm

Agree with most of what you say about current players. However, do you think VVD is finished because  heā€™s never been the same player from his injury with  Pickford or just as a whole?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,216 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #212: Jun 06, 2023 02:11:56 pm
      MacAllister is streets ahead

And a player doesnā€™t need to be world class to do well at a club

Streets ahead? Interesting, Iā€™ll watch with open mind.

And to take a leaf out of your book re world class? I didnā€™t say he wouldnā€™t do well. 😉😂
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,934 posts | 448 
      Reply #213: Jun 06, 2023 02:26:34 pm
      Need to speak to Mo about that one 😊

I think its nailed on. Sure I read somewhere Mo was hally to pack them in.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #214: Jun 06, 2023 02:45:38 pm
      Agree with most of what you say about current players. However, do you think VVD is finished because  heā€™s never been the same player from his injury with  Pickford or just as a whole?

Never the same player mate. Last season ... if you watch him he's lost a yard ... he's lost his aura. He was the best out there before pr&ckford but nowhere near that now.

Hard decisions need to be made. But that's why they get paid. To make them.

Anyone who thinks virgil is still cutting it at the top top level are kidding themselves. He will never be what he was again. Its sad ... but that's the way it is. And we can't afford that.

Watch him 'running' back for the bowen disallowed goal at West ham ... sad. Everyone wants a run at him now.

We need a new kingpin at the back.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #215: Jun 06, 2023 02:46:54 pm
      Virgil ā€œfinishedā€?

Ok 😂

Obviously you didn't watch much last season. He's done.

We need a new centre half ... that's a fact.
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #216: Jun 06, 2023 02:56:48 pm
      Question!!

I think both are of similar quality -- very good, but not great. 

I think Mac will be a player like Gini -- reliable and consistenty putting in 7/10 performances. 

I see Mount as more of the Lallana style player -- skillful on the ball and with an eye for a goal/assist.  Will put in some MotM performances, but will also have the odd 4, 5, or 6 out of 10 performances when things just aren't coming off. 
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,465 posts | 822 
      Reply #217: Jun 06, 2023 03:08:17 pm
      Never the same player mate. Last season ... if you watch him he's lost a yard ... he's lost his aura. He was the best out there before pr&ckford but nowhere near that now.

Hard decisions need to be made. But that's why they get paid. To make them.

Anyone who thinks virgil is still cutting it at the top top level are kidding themselves. He will never be what he was again. Its sad ... but that's the way it is. And we can't afford that.

Watch him 'running' back for the bowen disallowed goal at West ham ... sad. Everyone wants a run at him now.

We need a new kingpin at the back.
      His decision making paired with his diminished pace certainly gave cause for concern. A number of incidents throughout the campaign signalled, or gave the impression that he was no longer the defensive powerhouse he had been pre Pickford. He will be a first choice CB next season, there's little doubt about that, whether he can make up that lost yard and commit aggressively to the tackle again only time will tell. I wouldn't be writing him off just yet.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #218: Jun 06, 2023 03:22:13 pm
      Obviously you didn't watch much last season. He's done.

We need a new centre half ... that's a fact.

Watched every game that was televised.

He's certainly struggling, but he's not finished. If we put him up for sale we'd have no fewer than every single team in the league (and many around the world) that would snap him up.

Thought being he like others came off of an injury and then a severely tiring year and he may just need a "normal" summer to find his form again.
      CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #219: Jun 06, 2023 03:22:54 pm
      His decision making paired with his diminished pace certainly gave cause for concern. A number of incidents throughout the campaign signalled, or gave the impression that he was no longer the defensive powerhouse he had been pre Pickford. He will be a first choice CB next season, there's little doubt about that, whether he can make up that lost yard and commit aggressively to the tackle again only time will tell. I wouldn't be writing him off just yet.

With the exception of Alisson everyone had a down season and in a lot of cases a sh*t season. Let's give them a chance to rebound before writing them off.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3740 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #220: Jun 06, 2023 04:23:16 pm
      Keith for the price only, I would take Alexis over Mason.

Even fitness wise. Quality wise, they are on the level but I am super happy with Alexis since he performed on the biggest stage and won it.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #221: Jun 06, 2023 04:33:07 pm

Even fitness wise. Quality wise, they are on the level but I am super happy with Alexis since he performed on the biggest stage and won it.

Hard to disagree with that. For the price BBC is quoting then its a really good deal for us. He has had a brilliant season, and we all know what it does to prices.

Mason is a good player, but id rather take Mac Alisster since he is a more all round player then Mason. Seen him do well as a 10 and playing deep.

I haven't seen Mason defending as well as Mac Allister does, and i think JK like all his players to defend.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #222: Jun 06, 2023 04:39:33 pm
      Question!!

Surely a guy with a world cup winning medal can be classed as wait for it ........????????

WORLD CLASS !!!!

L O L
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #223: Jun 06, 2023 04:40:06 pm
      With the exception of Alisson everyone had a down season and in a lot of cases a sh*t season. Let's give them a chance to rebound before writing them off.

Truth !!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,216 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #224: Jun 06, 2023 04:44:59 pm

He does appear from what we read on social media that your lad defo cheaper than Mount. Canā€™t wait to see how these two pan out to be honest, I will be making comparisons, Mount can also play as a  No 10 but havenā€™t seen enough of Mac to know if he can do the same?

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,216 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #225: Jun 06, 2023 04:45:56 pm
      Surely a guy with a world cup winning medal can be classed as wait for it ........????????

WORLD CLASS !!!!

L O L

;D no no no Brez 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø😂
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #226: Jun 06, 2023 04:55:45 pm
      https://twitter.com/kopitepodcast/status/1665671404568690690?s=46&t=_4uI6CiVRqge8WqM7F37Iw

Iā€™m not sure what type of player people think he is but

He scores goals , creates goals , high energy and press

Very tidy on the ball

In what way isnā€™t he a type of player for us ?

Seems a Gini type player with a few more goals

Heā€™s nothing like Gini.

Not the type of player we need?

My god you're clueless.

He's exactly the type of player we need. A creative midfielder who can unlock defences to support our forwards.

This is what we were missing ALL SEASON!

Iā€™m clueless? What weā€™ve lacked this season is energy. Unless we bring in other players who compliment MacAllister then he is not what we need, at all. A midfield of Henderson  Fabinho and Macallister doesnā€™t improve us you whopper.

ƌt's not about being good 'as what people are suggesting', club scouts, various agents for the club and no doubt JĆ¼rgen Klopp are agreed the player is what LFC needs right now.
      There is talk of more signings so hold back with the scepticism!

Surprised youā€™re in here and not the FSG thread.

Question!!

I donā€™t want either, unless we bring in other players who compliment them.

But for what itā€™s worth, I think Macallister is the better footballer but strangely think Mount suits us better (currently) and is more of a klopp player.

I also think Macallister would suit your lot more over Mount too.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,216 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #227: Jun 06, 2023 04:57:04 pm
      Watched every game that was televised.

He's certainly struggling, but he's not finished. If we put him up for sale we'd have no fewer than every single team in the league (and many around the world) that would snap him up.

Thought being he like others came off of an injury and then a severely tiring year and he may just need a "normal" summer to find his form again.

Iā€™m confused 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø many of you lot state hes never been the same since Pickford. If thatā€™s the case why would every man and his dog take him. 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø Some of your post just donā€™t make any sense at all.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,216 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #228: Jun 06, 2023 05:05:50 pm

I donā€™t want  either, unless we bring in other players who compliment them.

But for what itā€™s worth, I think Macallister is the better footballer but strangely think Mount suits us better (currently) and is more of a klopp player.

I also think Macallister would suit your lot more over Mount too.

Itā€™s your first transfer so itā€™s more than likely Klopp will be getting in more players to suit/compliment others. Looking forward to seeing how these two pan out. Hopefully we have the better buy.   
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #229: Jun 06, 2023 05:11:44 pm
      Itā€™s your first transfer so itā€™s more than likely Klopp will be getting in more players to suit/compliment others. Looking forward to seeing how these two pan out. Hopefully we have the better buy.

If we do then Iā€™ll be happy with Macallister. Im only talking about the present squad. Iā€™m not sure where the money is going to come from to bring in 3 or 4 players with none going the other way. Weā€™ve lost a few on the wage bill but I canā€™t see us getting fees for anyone.

It is possible that JĆ¼rgen may change our way of playing too which suits Macallister more, the evidence is there with Trent pushing inside to this weird John Stones role that pep has got going on, but that would be a mistake for me.

Quick Reply