Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Alexis "Kevin" Mac Allister (Brighton)

Read 22060 times
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 329 posts | 62 
      Re: Alexis "Kevin" Mac Allister (Brighton)
      Reply #46: May 08, 2023 06:16:59 pm
      First time watching him at length against Everton can't help but compare him to Charlie Adam and its worrying.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #47: May 08, 2023 06:25:19 pm
      First time watching him at length against Everton can't help but compare him to Charlie Adam and its worrying.

I said a few pages back I'd prefer caicedo and I've not seen much to change my mind.

Brighton have been pathetic today to a man.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,452 posts | 212 
      Reply #48: May 08, 2023 07:21:47 pm
      Can’t spend 150m euros on Bellingham including add ones but can spent 115m euros on this dude

Makes no sense
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3404 
      Reply #49: May 08, 2023 07:23:10 pm
      Can’t spend 150m euros on Bellingham including add ones but can spent 115m euros on this dude

Makes no sense

So you’re judging him on this game ?

And since when was he 115m euros ?
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,452 posts | 212 
      Reply #50: May 08, 2023 08:18:35 pm
      So you’re judging him on this game ?

And since when was he 115m euros ?

He will cost excess of 70m sterling, it’s going to be a huge offer to get him

I’m not judging him, it just makes no sense saying we can’t afford Bellingham but can this guy

Plus whilst he may be a good player, it makes no sense going for an overpriced pl player when we have a team which should be able to find someone half the price and just as good as our scouts should have even on it

He’s a good player but I don’t believe he is a great player and the money being talked about is for a great player imo

I expect United to spend this poorly, not us (look at that Anthony geezer for a start)

I understand us not being able to afford Bellingham as we want more players but it was made to seem we would be buying 2-3 players for 40-50m each, not someone 20 percent less expensive
      « Last Edit: May 08, 2023 08:25:19 pm by KeepTheFaith »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3404 
      Reply #51: May 08, 2023 08:27:51 pm
      He will cost excess of 70m sterling, it’s going to be a huge offer to get him

I’m not judging him, it just makes no sense saying we can’t afford Bellingham but can this guy

Plus whilst he may be a good player, it makes no sense going for an overpriced pl player when we have a team which should be able to find someone half the price and just as good as our scouts should have even on it

He’s a good player but I don’t believe he is a great player and the money being talked about is for a great player imo

I expect United to spend this poorly, not us (look at that Anthony geezer for a start)

I understand is not being able to afford Bellingham as we want more players but it was made to seem we would be buying 2-3 players for 40-50m each, not someone 20 percent less expensive

I wasn’t aware that the transfer fee for Mac Alister has been decided already and there is no doubt Imo that for the price of one Bellingham we can get a MacAllister and a Mount

MacAllister is clearly the exact type of player that Klopp loves
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,452 posts | 212 
      Reply #52: May 08, 2023 10:19:27 pm
      I wasn’t aware that the transfer fee for Mac Alister has been decided already and there is no doubt Imo that for the price of one Bellingham we can get a MacAllister and a Mount

MacAllister is clearly the exact type of player that Klopp loves

It’s been widely reported Brighton will want excess of 70m and they have the power as they clearly put it on there for each of their players

Remember Arsenal could not get his partner for 70m  and now they have a World Cup winner in good form

I’m not sure your prices are realistic you are thinking of imo
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,532 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #53: May 09, 2023 12:09:47 pm
      Getting the feeling transfer fees could get even more silly this summer.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3404 
      Reply #54: May 09, 2023 12:14:32 pm

It’s been widely reported Brighton will want excess of 70m and they have the power as they clearly put it on there for each of their players

Remember Arsenal could not get his partner for 70m  and now they have a World Cup winner in good form

I’m not sure your prices are realistic you are thinking of imo

If MaclAllistwr is going to go for £70mil tbe. Bellingham will be hitting £150mil
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,452 posts | 212 
      Reply #55: May 09, 2023 08:42:31 pm
      If MaclAllistwr is going to go for £70mil tbe. Bellingham will be hitting £150mil

Looks like 120-150m euros tbh but I think this mc guy is a good player but no way a 70m player

I would be happy to have him for half the price but I’m more annoyed at our scouting team

The best we can find is a World Cup winner having a decent season in the pl ;D I would have thought we would have found players outside of the pl for good value considering we cannot afford Bellingham
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #56: May 09, 2023 09:29:40 pm
      Looks like 120-150m euros tbh but I think this mc guy is a good player but no way a 70m player

I would be happy to have him for half the price but I’m more annoyed at our scouting team

The best we can find is a World Cup winner having a decent season in the pl ;D I would have thought we would have found players outside of the pl for good value considering we cannot afford Bellingham

interesting, because those kind of players don't cost as much therefore that would not be considered backing Jürgen.
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #57: May 09, 2023 09:31:46 pm
      Getting the feeling transfer fees could get even more silly this summer.

Would be surprising. Sancho who was similarly hyped at the time did not hit 100M. Last year's most expensive transfer was Nunez and he did not hit 100M either.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #58: May 09, 2023 10:12:00 pm
      Each day I tune in saying to myself "I bet its different today" ,and each day I'm wrong. I tune in for some fun rumors and player breakdown, what I get is you cats pissing and moaning. I think some of yall would complain about a free lunch.

Mac is a solid player and would improve us.
      Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #59: May 09, 2023 11:14:46 pm
      He’s a good player, I’m just not sure he helps in the mega/high energy/counter-press department. Thst got me has been the biggest thing missing from the team this year. We look old and slow in the middle of the park, it’s like they all lost 8-10% together at the same time. That’s what we have to get back. Mcallister and Mount are skilful players, both have a bit of guile and cleverness in their game but off the ball I’m not sure they’ll give us what we need. Honestly I’d rather they blew the budget on Rice (if they can afford it). I think he’s a terrific player.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #60: May 09, 2023 11:51:48 pm
      He’s a good player, I’m just not sure he helps in the mega/high energy/counter-press department. Thst got me has been the biggest thing missing from the team this year. We look old and slow in the middle of the park, it’s like they all lost 8-10% together at the same time. That’s what we have to get back. Mcallister and Mount are skilful players, both have a bit of guile and cleverness in their game but off the ball I’m not sure they’ll give us what we need. Honestly I’d rather they blew the budget on Rice (if they can afford it). I think he’s a terrific player.

MacAllister is the crafty midfielder we're lacking, he has so many qualities, strong for his size, quick, excellent passer, great work rate, good both defensively and offensively, he's the player we thought we were getting in Keita.

I'd way prefer him over Mount who I think is skillful but too flaky.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,213 posts | 1220 
      Reply #61: May 09, 2023 11:53:43 pm

Think they are both hard working to be fair but yeah Rice is a level above in his intensity and discipline. A real leader as well. Worth considering whether we shouldn't go for him if it's an extra £20m or so.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,532 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #62: May 10, 2023 08:06:54 am
      Would be surprising. Sancho who was similarly hyped at the time did not hit 100M. Last year's most expensive transfer was Nunez and he did not hit 100M either.

yes, but there are certain players that every top club are looking at, and english players especially are over priced.

Mac Allister is a world cup winner and has a long contract (I think) so not cheap.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,532 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #63: May 10, 2023 08:07:44 am
      MacAllister is the crafty midfielder we're lacking, he has so many qualities, strong for his size, quick, excellent passer, great work rate, good both defensively and offensively, he's the player we thought we were getting in Keita.

I'd way prefer him over Mount who I think is skillful but too flaky.

He was 1 of the players at the WC that I actually noticed. And has done very well for Brighton, no surprise they have been so good with him in the team.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,245 posts | 4931 
      Reply #64: May 10, 2023 08:58:08 am
      interesting, because those kind of players don't cost as much therefore that would not be considered backing Jürgen.

All day long.

Why weren't we spending the big money on proven players would be the cry.

Cannot win
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3404 
      Reply #65: May 10, 2023 09:47:27 am
      All day long.

Cannot win

Or spend big money and the crying is - why are we overspending on him
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #66: May 10, 2023 09:51:03 am
      All day long.

Cannot win

Or you can do both. City signed proven Haaland for big money in the same window they signed Alvarez for 14m.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,317 posts | 6379 
      Reply #67: May 10, 2023 11:37:05 am
      All day long.

Cannot win

Si, you are better than all of this. There's literally no one on the forum that's saying we should spend just to spend. Merely that we need to show ambition when it matters (ala Bellingham), especially when we've been known to be bargain shoppers (with good results often).
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,213 posts | 1220 
      Reply #68: May 10, 2023 04:53:35 pm
      Or you can do both. City signed proven Haaland for big money in the same window they signed Alvarez for 14m.

Both absolute steals as well. Haaland, even with his astronomical wages, pays for himself in the end.  Alvarez, I'm still not quite sure how he seemed to elude so many other top clubs. A glaringly obvious excellent player. Maybe it's agents fees or other sweeteners, it does make you wonder.

Quick Reply