Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Alexis "Kevin" Mac Allister (Brighton)

Read 21720 times
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 850 
      Re: Alexis "Kevin" Mac Allister (Brighton)
      Reply #69: May 10, 2023 08:12:06 pm
      Gotta feeling this signing will never happen :D Way too much noise way too early. We usually hear about one of our transfers hours before its done and announced. This one the noise starting surfacing what, at best a month before anything can even be official.

Edit: obviously, there are exceptions to this rule and this transfer could happen especially that reliable people have reported it, but still, I prefer getting hit out of nowhere a few hours before the lad is picture in red.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,775 posts | 391 
      Reply #70: May 12, 2023 08:30:30 pm
      Be nice to have another Scot in the ranks
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #71: May 13, 2023 11:21:32 am
      Can’t say I’ve been watching this fella too much, practically unnoticed before the WC, don’t see much improvement to what we already have aside from being younger, Maddison for me offers more, has more experience and is more or less in his prime, two or three seasons from him then F**k him off for fresher legs,
      Keep it fresh, keep them hungry, and be ruthless, it worked for ‘Sir’ Bob can’t see why it wouldn’t work for Jürgen,

MacAllister’s teammate Caicedo has potential, might be worth keeping tabs on him but I guess he’ll get snapped up by Spuds or Gooners, Scumbags possibly?
      Billy Gilmour is another with potential, but we have Morton, Bajcetic with similar potential and are already integrated into our system so again like MacAllister, he wouldn’t enhance us too much if at all.

YNWA

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,019 posts | 2089 
      Reply #72: May 13, 2023 11:47:05 am
      Can’t say I’ve been watching this fella too much, practically unnoticed before the WC, don’t see much improvement to what we already have aside from being younger, Maddison for me offers more, has more experience and is more or less in his prime, two or three seasons from him then f**k him off for fresher legs,
      Keep it fresh, keep them hungry, and be ruthless, it worked for ‘Sir’ Bob can’t see why it wouldn’t work for Jürgen,

MacAllister’s teammate Caicedo has potential, might be worth keeping tabs on him but I guess he’ll get snapped up by Spuds or Gooners, Scumbags possibly?
      Billy Gilmour is another with potential, but we have Morton, Bajcetic with similar potential and are already integrated into our system so again like MacAllister, he wouldn’t enhance us too much if at all.

YNWA

I really think Maddison is overrated. Holds on the ball too many times and can get stuck in his mind that he's the only player on the field. Mac Allister offers energy that we so desperately lack in midfield.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,693 posts | 3365 
      Reply #73: May 13, 2023 01:12:51 pm
      Can’t say I’ve been watching this fella too much, practically unnoticed before the WC, don’t see much improvement to what we already have aside from being younger, Maddison for me offers more, has more experience and is more or less in his prime, two or three seasons from him then f**k him off for fresher legs,

YNWA

Maddison would take the place of Ox in the physio room

Think it’s 14 seperate injuries over the last 4 seasons

Gilmour - just not good enough

Mac Allister will add to the team exactly what Gini did - energy, pressing , very tidy on the ball , able to play the killer pass as well

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,195 posts | 734 
      Reply #74: May 13, 2023 01:35:02 pm
      To me he lacks the frame physically to be that powerhouse we need in midfield...seems to have a decent football brain on him to be fair.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #75: May 14, 2023 12:05:31 am
      While I wouldn't be disappointed if we sign MacAllister and/or Caicedo, I would personally prefer Barella (top priority), Gravenberch, or Mount if we could negotiate a reasonable fee. 
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #76: May 14, 2023 12:08:58 pm
      While I wouldn't be disappointed if we sign MacAllister and/or Caicedo, I would personally prefer Barella (top priority), Gravenberch, or Mount if we could negotiate a reasonable fee. 

You would prefer Mount over MacAllister? You having a laugh mate?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #77: May 14, 2023 12:10:08 pm
      To me he lacks the frame physically to be that powerhouse we need in midfield...seems to have a decent football brain on him to be fair.

He's an attacking midfielder he doesn't need to be a physical powerhouse.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #78: May 14, 2023 12:11:47 pm
      The arguments against signing MacAllister in this thread are baffling.

He was a standout performer for a world cup winning Argentina side, and has had two brilliant seasons in the PL.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #79: May 14, 2023 12:15:47 pm

YNWA

Mate you need to go watch some of Brighton's games this season he along with Caicedo were the clubs two best players.

Maddison is good but way too injury prone I guarantee if we sign him he'd end up another crock signing like Keita.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 850 
      Reply #80: May 14, 2023 01:29:48 pm
      Barella would also be my top priority. He's truly a special player. All around great midfielder and the way he plays his football suits us. With that said, I doubt we'd move for him. In that crazy market, Inter would not be unjustified if they asked for something between 80m to 100m  and  I don't think we'll spend that type of money on one player only.

With that said, I think the plan is probably to get both MacAllister and Mount and then see if we can bring a third midfielder. Its not Mount over MacAllister or vice versa. I think we'll try and go for both although we probably have a quick plan B ready for Mount because the transfer rests on the idea that Chelsea will indeed want to sell which is not a guarantee, especially with a new manager coming in.

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,195 posts | 734 
      Reply #81: May 14, 2023 02:10:40 pm
      I did prefix "to me"....It just feels we've got quite a lot of relatively slight players in that area already. Another reason I like the look of Rice
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 850 
      Reply #82: May 14, 2023 03:40:42 pm
      I don't think we'd buy him to play as an attacking midfielder, Baz. I might be wrong, but from the little I've watched of Brighton recently, he's stationed in that double pivot role with Caicedo in the 4-2-3-1. I think he'd be playing a similar role with us. This is not to say that he wouldn't be playmaking for us since he has a nice range of passes, its just that he won't be doing it from that hole behind the striker that we usually associate with a pure AM. Anyway, we don't really have a place for that AM role in the system we play since the CF drops deep (false nice) and occupies that area already.

If we assume that the rumours are true about us wanting him, my bet on why we want him is transitioning play from defence to attack without losing the ball, aka breaking the first line of press. I've seen a stat that puts him amongst the players with the lowest turnover rate in the league. Essentially, he's tidy on the ball, he doesn't lose it often. That was the big thing with Gini too and we've been missing it ever since. Those few yards Gini would give us in midfield with no player from the other team able to take it from him are invaluable despite not being flashy at all.

Essentially, from what I've read about him this lad is especially good when the ball is at his feet because he doesn't lose it often, he has a good first touch, he's pretty technical so he can move the ball quickly or slow down play and recycle it depending on what you need and he can create from different areas on the pitch because he has good vision and a nice catalogue of passes.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,138 posts | 1084 
      Reply #83: May 14, 2023 06:13:03 pm
      If you're watching this game and think Mac Callister isn't fit for us, then there's no help for you....

Him and Caicedo just made City Champs. If we got both of them it would be game on next season
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #84: May 14, 2023 06:16:25 pm
      If you're watching this game and think Mac Callister isn't fit for us, then there's no help for you....

Him and Caicedo just made City Champs. If we got both of them it would be game on next season

Hes given the ball away in dangerous areas numerous times, looks ponderous when supporting quick breaks and has failed numerous times with the Hollywood ball, Caceido has been steady.

Other than that I agree.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,693 posts | 3365 
      Reply #85: May 14, 2023 06:31:24 pm
      He was superb and showed exactly why Klopp would want him
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,138 posts | 1084 
      Reply #86: May 14, 2023 06:44:40 pm
      Hes given the ball away in dangerous areas numerous times, looks ponderous when supporting quick breaks and has failed numerous times with the Hollywood ball, Caceido has been steady.

Other than that I agree.
      I pity you if you watch just to nit pick players performances and miss the underlying performance. Mac made mistakes for sure, but he's top notch. Have watched Jude this season? He isn't perfect either. But since he isn't coming  you just sh*t on any other player just to prove a point?

???
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,138 posts | 1084 
      Reply #87: May 14, 2023 06:45:34 pm
      He was superb and showed exactly why Klopp would want him
      He isn't prime Zidane, he's sh*t  :f_doh:
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #88: May 14, 2023 06:49:44 pm
      I pity you if you watch just to nit pick players performances and miss the underlying performance. Mac made mistakes for sure, but he's top notch. Have watched Jude this season? He isn't perfect either. But since he isn't coming  you just sh*t on any other player just to prove a point?

???

Not nit picking but his mistakes could of turned the game in arsenal's favour Caceido was right back and was steady. I think you are looking through red tinted glasses as we are linked with him. Brighton brilliant today but Mac and Caceido where far from their best players today.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 850 
      Reply #89: May 14, 2023 07:02:38 pm
      I agree with Bisc. He was played as a 10 during most of the game and didn't really shine in my opinion. Gave the ball away a few times, but also suffered from the erratic first half Brighton had and so he wasn't really involved a lot. Later he was moved back a bit and I think that's when he started having more touches on the ball and his game clicked a bit better.

Not a 10/10 performance from him, but it was still a decent game. He's the type of player that benefits from his team having the ball. His teammate Caicedo is the opposite. Much more noticeable when Brighton doesn't have the ball.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #90: May 14, 2023 07:22:40 pm
      Just my opinion ... but out of the 2, I'd take caicedo all day everyday. No way we get both as nice as that would be.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #91: May 14, 2023 07:28:22 pm
      Just my opinion ... but out of the 2, I'd take caicedo all day everyday. No way we get both as nice as that would be.

Agree 100%,

In what's being reported as Brightons best game of the season Mac didn't do or show anything that Hendo Thiago even Millie could do ( no surprise Brighton want Millie to fill the gap ) Caceido on the other hand is going to be some.player.

Quick Reply