Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Samsung to tv

Read 2614 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Samsung to tv
      Jan 21, 2022 10:46:24 am
      Hi I’m not very good on the tech side and was wondering if I can play my Samsung A10 through my Samsung smart. TV I know it doesn’t have screen mirroring. I hope I can do it through a lead. If so what lead do I need and can I get it on Amazon, your help please
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Re: Samsung to tv
      Reply #1: Jan 21, 2022 10:52:50 am
      Hi I’m not very good on the tech side and was wondering if I can play my Samsung A10 through my Samsung smart. TV I know it doesn’t have screen mirroring. I hope I can do it through a lead. If so what lead do I need and can I get it on Amazon, your help please

What's it for mate?

Chromecast will sort most of that for you if you have one.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #2: Jan 21, 2022 11:07:34 am
      Agree with the Chromecast, will cover most things, especially easy if you just want to cast official things like YouTube, Spotify, Netflix etc.

If you want to do it the old fashioned way though, a simple micro usb to hdmi cable should do the job, and is only £4.

Something like this;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-M-Micro-USB-To-HDMI-1080p-Wire-Cable-TV-AV-Adapter-Mobile-Phones-Tablets-HDTV-/331827878468?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #3: Jan 21, 2022 11:26:15 am
      Its to watch the footy i get on the phone on the tv cheers
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4: Jan 21, 2022 11:27:13 am

Chromecast should do the job although if it's a SkyGo account you can't cast it as far as I'm aware.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #5: Jan 21, 2022 01:16:04 pm

If you're using streams from the internet this is how I do it;

1 - Get a Chromecast and set it up: https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8679756?clickSR=slp:term:chromecast:1:5:1

2 - Download this app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.twokit.castbrowser&hl=en_GB&gl=US

3 - Within the app, make sure its connected to your Chromecast, I think it does it automatically, but if not, the Cast button is usually in the top right, a little square with three wifi looking lines. Once its connected chose 'Web Browser' in the app and click the little icon at the top that looks like a page and pencil that says 'www' and copy the link to your stream into the address bar that pops up.

4 - Once the site has loaded you should get a notification at the bottom of the page saying there is a video you can cast, just click on that, and a popup will come up asking what quality you want, chose the best one or if there is one called 'Adaptive', chose that, and then the footy stream will cast to your TV.

5. You don't need to keep the app on screen while its playing too, so feel free to continue using your phone as normal, as long as the app is open in the background.

If you struggle there is lots of videos on YouTube showing you how to do it, just search 'Casting samsung to chromecast'
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #6: Jan 21, 2022 01:23:23 pm

There is an app (possibly called "smarthings") that you can get on your phone that will cast to your Samsung TV. I recently had a Samsung smart tv (that I broke right before christmas, put a 2x4 right into the screen, long story, don't ask :D) and I know I used the SmartThings app from my iphone to cast to the TV.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #7: Jan 21, 2022 09:47:43 pm
      Cheers I will try the lead first thanks
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #8: Jan 21, 2022 09:50:28 pm

I know how to do it but with the WhatsApp messages I get there's not a F***ing chance I'm risking the full Samsung phone to Samsung TV thing. No sir
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #9: Jun 09, 2023 06:22:44 am

Use Smart View....its under the pull down or use the screen mirroring in the Google home app.

Quick Reply