Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre-match Liverpool v Aston Villa Saturday 20th May 2023 KO 3pm

Read 1205 times
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Pre-match Liverpool v Aston Villa Saturday 20th May 2023 KO 3pm
      May 19, 2023 05:30:32 pm
      Liverpool FC take on Aston Villa in our last home game of the season tomorrow afternoon in what will be an emotional day at Anfield as we say thank you and goodbye to Bobby, Milly, Ox and Naby.

I'm thrilled that Bobby has been passed fit to make some sort of cameo role at some point in the game when it's hopefully won and in the bag so he can get a good send off by the Kop, after the rousing reception he got at Leicester on Monday night, imagine how special it will be for him tomorrow, likewise with Milly who has been an absolute stalwart for the club and has never put a foot wrong, I wish them both lots of happy memories from their time at Anfield as they have won everything possible with LFC, mixed feelings with Ox who has been pretty unlucky with injuries, but sorry, Naby deserves nothing - he hasn't shown us anything and deffo needs to go.

Anyway, Villa won't be easy, they've done extremely well since  Emery took over and it certainly won't be a stroll in the park, they are fighting for a European place as well.
      Nunez, still out with a toe injury,  but Jürgen has a full squad to choose from.

We had a 3-1 win at Villa Park earlier in the season, a repeat of that would be very nice indeed.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Re: Pre-match Liverpool v Aston Villa Saturday 20th May 2023 KO 3pm
      Reply #1: May 19, 2023 07:45:12 pm
      Just get the three points and see how our rivals have floundered 😊

And wishing Bobby and Millie a great send off, along with the others leaving.

So wanted to be there, done everything I could to get a ticket bar paying £450 😱
      Just too much for me !
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1634 
      Reply #2: May 19, 2023 09:17:37 pm
      Hopefully all the lads leaving get a good send off and I mean all not childish sh*te picking on ones who through injury haven't played as much as they or we would.have liked
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #3: May 19, 2023 09:41:30 pm
      Hopefully all the lads leaving get a good send off and I mean all not childish sh*te picking on ones who through injury haven't played as much as they or we would.have liked

Agree, ox was playing great till the bad knee injury, although Keita seemed to have many minor injuries that kept him from playing.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #4: May 19, 2023 09:47:15 pm
      Looking forward to this game for a few reasons. Won't be there but saying good luck to players who have had huge influence with the club will be special. Let's not forget Naby and Ox too. I'm sure they would have liked to have had more of an impact through the years. Villa will test us but I'm confident of 3 points here. Jürgen up in the stands with a birds eye view may help with tactics. YNWA
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,976 posts | 666 
      Reply #5: May 19, 2023 10:02:14 pm
      Agree, ox was playing great till the bad knee injury, although Keita seemed to have many minor injuries that kept him from playing.
      I'm sure the supporters lucky enough to be there will give all 4 players they send off they deserve. Granted 2 of them stand out as club greats of recent times, but for the other 2 have still been decent and have contributed to our success, sometimes things don't always work out.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #6: May 20, 2023 12:41:07 am
      This is gonna be very emotional.

Hopefully we send the lads of in a stirring way and they all get on the score sheet...what a send off that would be!

Just win Lads, make it 8 on the bounce and see where that leaves us for the Final Day of a very frustrating season, but one I will always remember for that 7-0!

Comeonnnnnnnn

P.S All those privileged enough to be inside that ground, I am jealous as F**k....make some noise!!!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #7: May 20, 2023 09:54:27 am
      Amidst all the obvious post match goodbyes the lads need to remember to go out and win the game. It's not been a great season so they have to win their last match at home or the post match stuff will be a bit flat.
      Harrisimo

• 7,969 posts | 1355 
      Reply #8: May 20, 2023 10:35:09 am
      Could be a tight close game. Result in the balance to the last kick, and it might prevent any 'farewell' emotional subs. Milly might get on to help see us over the line.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,976 posts | 666 
      Reply #9: May 20, 2023 10:55:42 am
      Amidst all the obvious post match goodbyes the lads need to remember to go out and win the game. It's not been a great season so they have to win their last match at home or the post match stuff will be a bit flat.
      Agee, its important not to treat this game as some kind of testimonial...emotions need to be kept in check ,its a tough game and 3 points  could still be crucial in getting (an unlikely) top four. Leicester fighting for their lives could get a draw at Newcastle and Chelsea at home have the players that could also take all the points....so we could do with a win today.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #10: May 20, 2023 12:02:10 pm
      Virgil and Cody interview coming up on football focus.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #11: May 20, 2023 01:22:05 pm
      want this lot beaten badly they are full of themselves slagging off Stevie making out Emery is the best manager in the world just because they won a few games.
      Hope we batter them. Send the fans off with a big win.
      Harrisimo

• 7,969 posts | 1355 
      Reply #12: May 20, 2023 01:43:13 pm
      Wonder if he'll go Mo, Jota,Diaz....slippery customers all 3...cud back it up with Cody in the hole..Jones and Fabinho..with Trent coming inside again.

........................ ........................ ..........(*Trent*)
      Ali...*Trent*,Konate,VVD,Robbo.....Fabinho,Jones.....Gakpo....Mo,Jots,Diaz.

Quick Reply