Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Villa?

Alisson Becker
      2 (3.6%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.8%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      1 (1.8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (3.6%)
      Cody Gakpo
      4 (7.1%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      45 (80.4%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Voting closed: May 24, 2023 05:04:57 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Aston Villa: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 7706 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Aston Villa: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #230: May 20, 2023 05:21:21 pm
      I’m gonna go for Bobby motm. If he hadn’t come on we would never have scored.
      Genius of a football brain.

Yeah Bobby Man of the match...not for the first time..so long Bobby...great while it lasted..
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #231: May 20, 2023 05:26:51 pm
      I think anyone who thinks Jones is going to be the answer next season in midfield needs to give their head a wobble , we need serious recruits in that area not maybe’s or potential but real fckin quality .

Curtis is showing he can play an important role in our squad, but no question we need an investment in true quality. Jordan Henderson as a first-choice midfielder is not going to work going forward either.

30 days from now we should know who the  new faces are.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #232: May 20, 2023 05:35:46 pm
      Just enjoying the guard/lap of honour on lfctv
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #233: May 20, 2023 05:40:37 pm
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #234: May 20, 2023 05:43:02 pm
      I'd rather win the Europa league over being knocked in the round of 16. Luckily both Newcastle and United won't make it far in the champions league, I doubt Newcastle are gonna make it out of the group stage anyway.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #235: May 20, 2023 05:46:17 pm
      Curtis is showing he can play an important role in our squad, but no question we need an investment in true quality. Jordan Henderson as a first-choice midfielder is not going to work going forward either.

30 days from now we should know who the  new faces are.

Exactly Jones can do a job in there definitely but we need a serious investment in proper quality that can go straight into the team , also think we will see big improvement from Gakpo at least he’s a midfielder who can chip in with goals
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #236: May 20, 2023 05:59:11 pm
      Yeah Bobby Man of the match...not for the first time..so long Bobby...great while it lasted..
      23 votes so far....Who voted for Salah?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #237: May 20, 2023 06:38:42 pm
      Just enjoying the guard/lap of honour on lfctv

Did they include Milner in that as well?
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #238: May 20, 2023 06:39:07 pm
       On the bright side. 10 Games Unbeaten!
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #239: May 20, 2023 06:45:49 pm
      Pretty horrid game from pretty much everybody except Alisson, VVD (not sure), Gakpo and Bobby. Everybody else was frustrating to watch, especially Mo and Diaz on either sides. One lost the ball almost every time it was given to him (Mo) and the other kept it at his feet for way too long and with no particular aim until he lost it or slowed everything down (Diaz). Gonna stop there because there's a lot more that could be said, but we suffered enough already this season.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #240: May 20, 2023 07:02:50 pm
      Did they include Milner in that as well?

All 4 of them, they also got given framed pictures
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #241: May 20, 2023 07:18:34 pm
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #242: May 20, 2023 07:22:46 pm
      Yet another poor showing from these underpayed players. Give them a raise FFS
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #243: May 20, 2023 07:55:22 pm
      it should never have come down to this today or next week we have been incredibly poor for large parts of the season but a win next week will at least look like we can go on and compete for top 4 without all this stress. Going to be wierd without Bobby
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #244: May 20, 2023 08:10:53 pm
      Was a poor display by us. What stood out for me is our inability to play the 'final ball' with any degree of accuracy. Mo and Diaz in the second half were the main culprits, however he shouldn't have taken Diaz off, he beat his full back 3/4 times,but just didn't deliver the final ball but he WAS getting there.

Mo was the same but worse if anything,but he did stay on and eventually got in a great final ball. They were the better team first half but second half we just didn't create enough chances due to the poor final ball and atrocious crossing. Several poor corners, overhit crosses, misplaced passes, no fox in the box.

Ref let Mings off with a dangerous foul and give nothing when Hendo was upended in the box. VAR had nipped out to the bog.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #245: May 20, 2023 08:18:08 pm
      it should never have come down to this today or next week we have been incredibly poor for large parts of the season but a win next week will at least look like we can go on and compete for top 4 without all this stress. Going to be wierd without Bobby

No Walt it should'nt, but why cant they be arsed like the paying fans. I'm so pissed off they should hang thier heads, but again they wont when the're living it up while people paying thier wages are trying to survive
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #246: May 20, 2023 08:26:35 pm
      Was a poor display by us. What stood out for me is our inability to play the 'final ball' with any degree of accuracy. Mo and Diaz in the second half were the main culprits, however he shouldn't have taken Diaz off, he beat his full back 3/4 times,but just didn't deliver the final ball but he WAS getting there.

Mo was the same but worse if anything,but he did stay on and eventually got in a great final ball. They were the better team first half but second half we just didn't create enough chances due to the poor final ball and atrocious crossing. Several poor corners, overhit crosses, misplaced passes, no fox in the box.

Ref let Mings off with a dangerous foul and give nothing when Hendo was upended in the box. VAR had nipped out to the bog.
      Truth is this is our level, somehow we manage to be both ponderous and scatterbrained at the same time.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #247: May 20, 2023 09:09:51 pm
      Happy for Bobby but we were absolutely awful, Villa really should have killed the game in the first half.

Thankfully just one game to go before I can enjoy a summer of cricket and not have to think about football for a while!
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #248: May 20, 2023 09:10:19 pm

True, but isn't that Diaz ever since he arrived? 8 times out of 10 I get frustrated watching him. He beats his man or creates a ton of space for himself, but he doesn't raise his head to look around and the net result is he misses a lot of chances to feed it to someone who made a good run complimenting what he's doing or simply misses the window in which he could've shot. I get the sense people like the shiny stuff, but forget about the net product you get (or don't get in that case).

I know this might be a very unpopular opinion, but as much as I like him as a player and recognize his undeniable qualities as a winger, I simply never understood the transfer. We play a system with a false nine and our goal scorers are the wingers. Mane, Salah, Jota all represent that very well. Players who are/were wingers yes, but their main strengths were elsewhere than in the dribbling abilities. They all are surprisingly strong for their size, very quick, they make very smart runs all the time and have outstanding finishing abilities. Diaz is a conventional winger. He's fast and tricky and possess a powerful shot. Yes he'll score goals, but he'll never replace the output Mane gave us or even come close. Between starting him or Jota, I start the latter any day of the week.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #249: May 20, 2023 09:12:40 pm

But almost every chance they had to attack our box, came from Louis giving them the ball back. He should have been hooked earlier. Jota wasn't at his best but was immediately more of a threat.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #250: May 21, 2023 12:10:49 am
      Just watched motd, wtf no analysis of the fact Cody got foot raked down his torso ? Let alone so called pundits don't know why Cody's goal was disallowed
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #251: May 21, 2023 12:39:36 am
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #252: May 21, 2023 12:42:23 am
      No Walt it should'nt, but why cant they be arsed like the paying fans. I'm so pissed off they should hang thier heads, but again they wont when the're living it up while people paying thier wages are trying to survive
      Lack of quality but certainly no lack of effort

Quick Reply