Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Bmouth?

Alisson Becker
      2 (2.6%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.3%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      49 (64.5%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      2 (2.6%)
      Cody Gakpo
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      16 (21.1%)
      Diogo Jota
      4 (5.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Wataru Endo
      2 (2.6%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Voting closed: Aug 23, 2023 04:56:52 pm

Liverpool 3-1 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 9706 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Re: Liverpool 3-1 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #299: Aug 20, 2023 09:01:29 pm
      It's the inconsistency that winds me up. Only 2 games in we get a blatant hand ball turned down, we get a 'soft' pen and then a phoney red card. Sometimes the ref gets sent to the monitor, sometimes they don't. Could be VAR has in effect created the uncertainty.

I think the captains should have 1 appeal each (red card and penalties only). Just 1 regardless of whether you get the decision.The appeal goes to VAR.

Might've lost the pen but won on the red card.

And timeouts!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #300: Aug 20, 2023 09:46:14 pm
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #301: Aug 20, 2023 10:25:22 pm
      I don't think it was a red either but come on everyone, there's no need to wear the red tinted gasses after the game. The pen was soft as anything and Dom threw him self up in the air like he'd been scythed when there was barely any contact. He won the pen. If they had done it to us we'd all be slating the player for simulation and VAR for not reviewing it. It was foolish of their lad to have a swing but I was surprised it wasn't reversed.

Oh Dom went down like he'd been shot. Not saying he didnt. But he had beaten his man and then the defender stuck his leg across him and caught him. Got nowhere near the ball. Dom could have stayed on his feet no doubt, but he was fouled.
      Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Reply #302: Aug 21, 2023 05:51:55 pm

Nah..Kit Kats for me Bud all day long..
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #303: Aug 22, 2023 01:19:02 am
      We continue to play the same tactical bs like last year. If Bournemouth was more lucky they win. Top6 clubs licking their chops. This team is not stable enough to play high line. Period.
      Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Reply #304: Aug 22, 2023 01:15:02 pm
      We continue to play the same tactical bs like last year. If Bournemouth was more lucky they win. Top6 clubs licking their chops. This team is not stable enough to play high line. Period.

Well Fibo we have played the high line under Klopp esp at home and it has brought rich reward. The issue for me is no clear decision has been made on Trent. He plays high and leaves space obviously and even more so when he's in the inverted role.

Risk reward. As Trent gets involved we need a holding midfield player to drop off and provide extra cover. Also the 'press' has to be improved. Defend from the top. I'm not writing off our chances and I'm optimistic.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,235 posts | 752 
      Reply #305: Aug 22, 2023 01:59:59 pm
      Do not mind the high line, outscore the opposition, win our games, it all makes very entertaining football for the fans. After all it is not cheap to watch the Premiership nowadays !
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #306: Aug 23, 2023 04:43:09 am
      I wish I‘d have such optimism about our high-line-play.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #307: Aug 23, 2023 04:40:30 pm
      As said previously Trent running forward leaves gaps wick Kaoute has to fill leaving holes in the middle, it needs sorting
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #308: Aug 23, 2023 06:34:24 pm
      With Trent moving across into midfield, we leave a gaping hole at r back. If konate goes across to cover, he becomes too far away from VVD. That creates another gap.
      Bar codes will capitalise on that without doubt. They have pace aggression and decent finishing.
      We need to leave Trent at r back, sit a bit deeper and get Endo to sit in front of the back four.
      We can still compete in midfield, press and counter without leaving the huge space behind. Our goal scoring can see us through, but our defending can let us down.
      I think this is mainly down to tactics rather than personel.
      We are neither one nor the other at the moment.
      Decide which way we want to play and stick with it. The tinkering will be better suited to lesser opposition, not away to a top six side.
      Only my opinion though. I’ll have a word with Jürgen tonight 😂😂😂😂😂
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #309: Aug 27, 2023 01:49:40 pm
      Quote from Harrisimo
      It's the inconsistency that winds me up. Only 2 games in we get a blatant hand ball turned down, we get a 'soft' pen and then a phoney red card. Sometimes the ref gets sent to the monitor, sometimes they don't. Could be VAR has in effect created the uncertainty.

I think the captains should have 1 appeal each (red card and penalties only). Just 1 regardless of whether you get the decision.The appeal goes to VAR.

Might've lost the pen but won on the red card.

The VAR didn't create anything. Not in this game anyway. He never does. What he does is step in to help the ref on the pitch, administer the rules regarding 4 types of decisions. With or without my red hat, there's no debate to be had over the penalty. And the ref on the pitch saw everything he needed to see regarding the other incident, he had a perfect view of it. There's no new evidence the VAR has available, so he's not going to step in. I was never worried about the result tbh, even with 10 men. A team with Solanke in it, is not a team that will carry much of a threat, or score many goals.

Great to return in residence, watching from the Main Stand for the first time since 2016, but there seemed to be something missing. The new stand is not even nearly ready, there was no camera behind the goal there for the first time since, I don't know. The atmosphere took a while to get going, maybe we the fans were just not ready for the new season yet.

I think most people thought Alisson was for the high jump after his latest distribution episode. It's very rare for a keeper to stay on after an incident outside the box. But the opponent going away from goal saved him. Great to see that Luis is still impactful enough, Mo set another new record, Endo make a solid start, and Szobozhlai run the show in midfield. I'm sure he'll do a much better job for us wearing that shirt, than it's last wearer.

So as usual, we win again with me around. We'll be as strong at home as ever. A few more away results compared to last season, and in terms of getting back to the European Cup, we'll have nothing to worry about.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #310: Aug 27, 2023 03:33:07 pm
      Great to return in residence, watching from the Main Stand for the first time since 2016, but there seemed to be something missing. The new stand is not even nearly ready, there was no camera behind the goal there for the first time since, I don't know. The atmosphere took a while to get going, maybe we the fans were just not ready for the new season yet.

Same type of atmosphere as Bournemouth last season even with the 9-0 win. Loads still on holiday.

Quick Reply