Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Pre Match Southampton Vs Liverpool. EPL: Sunday 28th May K.O. 16:30

Read 1738 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Pre Match Southampton Vs Liverpool. EPL: Sunday 28th May K.O. 16:30
      May 27, 2023 03:25:00 pm
      vs

Well... lets put this season to bed with a win against an already relegated Southampton, bit of a dead rubber to be honest, as we finishing 5th what ever happens.

Personally I'd go with a full strength team, but I know some of you wouldn't.

Bit of a shitty K.O time for the last game, wasn't 14.30 in the past, and all the way down to the south coast... thanks to the unbiased EPL computer. :throw:

Nice win, no injuries, and thank go there are no summer international tournaments.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Pre Match Southampton Vs Liverpool. EPL: Sunday 28th May K.O. 16:30
      Reply #1: May 27, 2023 03:50:19 pm
      vs

Well... lets put this season to bed with a win against an already relegated Southampton, bit of a dead rubber to be honest, as we finishing 5th what ever happens.

Personally I'd go with a full strength team, but I know some of you wouldn't.

Bit of a shitty K.O time for the last game, wasn't 14.30 in the past, and all the way down to the south coast... thanks to the unbiased EPL computer. :throw:

Nice win, no injuries, and thank go there are no summer international tournaments.

Sounds like Ibby is ill and Robbo may have a groin issue. Nunez is back in full training.

I would like to see Jota start this last match. We also might see one of Elliott or Carvalho. If Ibby can't go then I guess it's Matip or Gomez alongside Virgil. I suppose it's also an opportunity to give Kelleher a game.

But he just as well might go with the same XI as last time: Ali, Trent, Ibby, Virgil, Robbo, Fab, Hendo, Jones, Mo, Gakpo, Diaz.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #2: May 27, 2023 06:56:46 pm
      Let's simply see off the Saints with a comfortable away win, to see off this awful season !
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #3: May 27, 2023 07:18:36 pm
      Wanna see Mily and Bobby for sure. Like to see Salah as he's sitting on 19 goals. Other then that, I'm cool with whatever else. Wouldn't mind seeing the likes of Elliot, Woodburn, and Carvalho. Maybe even Joe at RB in a back 4 and TAA in a 3 man midfield?

Can any of the kids who were on loan play since the rest of the seasons are over?
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,253 posts | 752 
      Reply #4: May 27, 2023 07:38:20 pm
      Might as well stick Alisson at centre forward and Nunez in goal.....It's a nothing fixture
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #5: May 27, 2023 08:02:30 pm
      Wanna see Mily and Bobby for sure. Like to see Salah as he's sitting on 19 goals. Other then that, I'm cool with whatever else. Wouldn't mind seeing the likes of Elliot, Woodburn, and Carvalho. Maybe even Joe at RB in a back 4 and TAA in a 3 man midfield?

Can any of the kids who were on loan play since the rest of the seasons are over?

Woodburn ? Have you been living in a cave. He plays for Preston these days.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #6: May 27, 2023 08:04:50 pm
      Sounds like Ibby is ill and Robbo may have a groin issue. Nunez is back in full training.

I would like to see Jota start this last match. We also might see one of Elliott or Carvalho. If Ibby can't go then I guess it's Matip or Gomez alongside Virgil. I suppose it's also an opportunity to give Kelleher a game.

But he just as well might go with the same XI as last time: Ali, Trent, Ibby, Virgil, Robbo, Fab, Hendo, Jones, Mo, Gakpo, Diaz.

Jürgen also mentioned that Ben doak is back training with the first team squad and suggested he may make changes
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1586 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #7: May 27, 2023 11:01:50 pm
      I'm pretty sure we'll see Milly as Captain for his last game, Robbo is a doubt so Kostas in and Ibou is also a doubt, so maybe Matip in or Gomez even, wanna see Bobby one last time too.

I think the boys will want to finish on a high so a convincing win would be a nice way to end a dismal season.

Come on boys, do your bit for the fans who have stuck by you through thick and thin all season, home and away.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #8: May 28, 2023 12:57:40 am
      Jürgen also mentioned that Ben doak is back training with the first team squad and suggested he may make changes

I missed that. Would love to see Doak play with the first team again.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,037 posts | 2091 
      Reply #9: May 28, 2023 01:08:01 am
      It might be a dead rubber but every match counts.

A win would make it 7 wins out of our last 8 (I think), which would be a good end to a difficult season. Runs like that can so often bleed into the next season. Let's make sure we do that.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #10: May 28, 2023 03:12:41 am
      Woodburn ? Have you been living in a cave. He plays for Preston these days.
      Hahahaha, I must be. I meant Doak. Jesus, where did I get Woodburn from? ;D. I didn't want to see him play when he was here, I damn sure don't want him back ;D
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 2816 
      Reply #11: May 28, 2023 10:14:37 am
      Play all the kids

The lads going off to play pointless international games certainly shouldn’t be anywhere near the team today
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #12: May 28, 2023 10:24:51 am
      Dead Rubber might as well play a LFC Reds Xl
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #13: May 28, 2023 10:45:36 am
      Just hope we win whoever starts. Seems this season we have contrived to lose to the bottom side at any given time, whoever it may have been. Just hope we can put that right today, and keep the confidence up for the pre season.
      Anyone know when the lads are back in ?
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1586 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #14: May 28, 2023 10:50:35 am
      Dead Rubber might as well play a LFC Reds Xl

I'll go in goal  :lmao:
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,280 posts | 1663 
      Reply #15: May 28, 2023 11:26:15 am
      No Allison or Virg apparently
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,253 posts | 752 
      Reply #16: May 28, 2023 01:02:15 pm

A win would make it 7 wins out of our last 8 (I think), which would be a good end to a difficult season. Runs like that can so often bleed into the next season. Let's make sure we do that.
      Win, lose or draw it will have no baring on what happens next season...Players know that, Klopp knows that ...and you must know that.
      tytusgroan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 573 posts | 52 
      Reply #17: May 28, 2023 01:27:49 pm
      Dead rubber or not let's finish the season with a convincing win.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #18: May 28, 2023 01:48:31 pm

spot on mate today would give us 8 wins 2 draws in the last to and a 98 point season with that form which would have pissed the league this season so lets bang some goals in and let the lads go on holiday hungry to get back and crack on
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,037 posts | 2091 
      Reply #19: May 28, 2023 02:19:01 pm
      Win, lose or draw it will have no baring on what happens next season...Players know that, Klopp knows that ...and you must know that.

Nonsense. I've seen plenty of times in the past how stronger ends to the seasons act as a basis to the following year. It happened in 2013 and can happen again this season. Even under Kenny we had a solid calendar year of 2011, where we were competitive in the first half of 11/12 thanks to the upswing he achieved from January 2011 to May 2011.  Nothing stands in isolation and even if it's 1 percent gained of good will from a victory against Saints then it's all stored into the bank going into pre season.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #20: May 28, 2023 02:43:37 pm
      No team sheet up yet 🤷‍♂️
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #21: May 28, 2023 02:44:52 pm
      No team sheet up yet 🤷‍♂️