Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

2023 End of Season Review

Read 4830 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      2023 End of Season Review
      May 29, 2023 10:59:21 am
      Well overall that was a painful season with the odd sprinkling of gold like the 9-0 v Bournemouth and of course the Utd mauling will go down in history.

Klopp and his coaching team underperformed from their lofty heights, I donā€™t think it was simply down to the midfield, not knowing what to do with Trent early in the season, the insistence that Harvey is a central midfielder reflected a muddled thinking.

The defence has been coming under increasing scrutiny with the thought that it isnā€™t just the fact that the midfield is not providing enough protection. The Trent hybrid experiment I is something canā€™t be played against the better teams, the space left for quick wingers to exploit is just asking too much from the CBā€™s.
      Question for next season is Trent a RB or a midfielder, he certainly enjoys the midfield role and without doubt is our most creative midfielder.
      Personally if we can sort out the RB position and get more mobile midfielders, Konate and VVD are as good a pairing as any in the EPL.

Midfield issues have been discussed to death and there can be no doubt we need new legs in midfield.
      I almost threw my beer at my TV yesterday watching Fabinho let the Saints player stroll past him like he was a statue and slot it away.
      If next season we are starting with Henderson and Fab as certain starters I doubt another Top 4 finish.

The attack has mainly stood up despite the lack of support from midfield or as previously from the full backs.
      Nunez is clearly a work in progress but I donā€™t understand the obsession with playing him as a winger.
      Gakpo as slotted in well into a dysfunctional team and if Diaz and Jota can stay along with the irreplaceable Salah thatā€™s a fearsome front line.

Salah and Alisson only two players played anything like what is expected but for me Alisson was our POTY.

The season would have been a 4/10 but because of the Utd rout i would rate it as a 5/10.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: 2023 End of Season Review
      Reply #1: May 29, 2023 12:30:48 pm
      May be a C+, must to better.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #2: May 29, 2023 12:41:43 pm
      Had far worse seasons in recent years and had far better , injuries and a drop in form derailed the season during the middle but finished well

Refresh , recharge over the off season and go again
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3: May 29, 2023 12:47:53 pm
      Well overall that was a painful season with the odd sprinkling of gold like the 9-0 v Bournemouth and of course the Utd mauling will go down in history.

Klopp and his coaching team underperformed from their lofty heights, I donā€™t think it was simply down to the midfield, not knowing what to do with Trent early in the season, the insistence that Harvey is a central midfielder reflected a muddled thinking.

The defence has been coming under increasing scrutiny with the thought that it isnā€™t just the fact that the midfield is not providing enough protection. The Trent hybrid experiment I is something canā€™t be played against the better teams, the space left for quick wingers to exploit is just asking too much from the CBā€™s.
      Question for next season is Trent a RB or a midfielder, he certainly enjoys the midfield role and without doubt is our most creative midfielder.
      Personally if we can sort out the RB position and get more mobile midfielders, Konate and VVD are as good a pairing as any in the EPL.

Midfield issues have been discussed to death and there can be no doubt we need new legs in midfield.
      I almost threw my beer at my TV yesterday watching Fabinho let the Saints player stroll past him like he was a statue and slot it away.
      If next season we are starting with Henderson and Fab as certain starters I doubt another Top 4 finish.

The attack has mainly stood up despite the lack of support from midfield or as previously from the full backs.
      Nunez is clearly a work in progress but I donā€™t understand the obsession with playing him as a winger.
      Gakpo as slotted in well into a dysfunctional team and if Diaz and Jota can stay along with the irreplaceable Salah thatā€™s a fearsome front line.

Salah and Alisson only two players played anything like what is expected but for me Alisson was our POTY.

The season would have been a 4/10 but because of the Utd rout i would rate it as a 5/10.

Some valid points mate, in particular the midfield debacle and that we somehow got into the Europa League with, we can all pontificate on why and how we have struggled this campaign, itā€™s blatantly obvious we simply ran out of legs, the previous seasonsā€™s assault on all four fronts burnt away whatever energy that was left of five years of high intensity with minimal rest periods in between,

Ultimately it all leads back to finance and in our case the lack thereof, and as such, left JĆ¼rgen very little choice in having to hold onto players longer than he perhaps wanted to, and resulting in a aged tired squad, short on quality, short in energy, a lack of team spirit, lacking confidence and in the end going backwards, almost to the point where belief turned to doubt,

So for us to have finished fifth and qualifying for a major European competition is indeed a decent end to what can only be described as a complete right off a campaign, we finished unbeaten in I think 12 winning 10 and had that run began just a couple of games earlier weā€™d be dining at the CL table for the eighth season on the bounce, alas it wasnā€™t to be this time round but, as sure as thereā€™s sh*t in a cat, next season Munts, Toon & Arse, will be looking up ours whilst we do battle once again with the Fraudulent lot !!

Looking forward, which is what we must do, I honestly believe weā€™re not far off being a major threat to Cityā€™s dominance, as of now, weā€™re probably a season or two behind where we should be, the gulf between us and them isnā€™t that bad, we lack, energy, creativity from midfield, weā€™ll need more solidity and consistency at the back, if in the summer we go some way to rectify some or most of them issues weā€™d make giant strides to getting back to our rightful place amongst contenders ,

No one is more relieved that this season has now been consigned to history, and I doubt any of us will remember it with any fondness, apart maybe from handing those Scummy Fuckpig MUtants a SEVEN goal Butt F***ing, Keithā€™s still crying into his crotch less panties btw  !! 🤣

Overall it was a f***in Disaster, there was lots of sh*t that hit the fan this season and thinking about it now weā€™ve done pretty f***in weā€™ll all things considered, itā€™s not what we wanted, itā€™s not what we expected if weā€™re all honest, the league table doesnā€™t lie we finished where we deserved to, and as painful as that is, we have to take it on the chin for what it is, and move the F**k on !!

ā€œWe Go Againā€ as someone once said.

YNWA

Itā€™s early days yet but I can already feel the onset of the close season blues, thinking, sh*t what am I gonna watch now ? So roll on August ffs 😟

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #4: May 29, 2023 12:48:01 pm
      Itā€™s funny really. The problems we saw this season many of us were shouting about last season and this could have almost been predicted.

Our problems donā€™t just lie with Harvey Elliott obviously but he was always a problem playing in midfield for us. He is a winger by trade and it would be no different to playing salah in there. The rubbish people on here who came out with things like ā€˜klopp likes him thereā€™ like they go round to Jurgens for a brew every other day and have a chat. It wasnā€™t true. Klopp was forced to play him there because at the time we had no other options. And the kid did alright, heā€™s a talented footballer, but it was always going to catch up with us.

Itā€™s the same with Curtis jones now. He did well towards the end of the season but if we use that as a reason not to invest then we are in big trouble again. A couple of decent performances doesnā€™t mean anything. Over a full season, if jones played every game, we would be in trouble.

Trent moving into midfield. Iā€™ll be very surprised if I wasnā€™t the first poster who suggested this ages ago and again, certain people laughed and slaughtered me. One in particular said he would never play in midfield for us. Letā€™s be honest, he was a complete liability at right back for the first 20-25 games this season but in his new role his form improved immediately and so did our results. Unless we improve our midfield and sign a proper RCM then itā€™s a no brainier for me, Trent has to play in midfield again otherwise teams will continue to target and expose him at full back where the likes of Harvey Elliott donā€™t protect him. We also need to get the best out of him wherever that may be. I still think itā€™s from the wide areas but only if we get the protection down that side again.

Again, Iā€™ll be very surprised if I wasnā€™t the first person to criticise Nunez on here. You could see immediately that he wasnā€™t very good technically. I think my words were ā€˜he will never be good enough to lead the line for Liverpoolā€™ and again, got slaughtered.

Thatā€™s why he plays on the left because what he does have is pace and power. He just doesnā€™t have tidy feet and he couldnā€™t finish his dinner either. It does make me laugh when reds say ā€˜heā€™s matched suarezā€™s tally for his first seasonā€™ like that is relevant to anything.  Suarez came into a Kenny team recently inherited from Roy that was absolutely dreadful and a short while later nearly took us to a title. Nunez came into a JĆ¼rgen klopp team that nearly won the lot high on confidence and looked like the peri peri Andy Carroll. The only thing they have in common is nationality.

Iā€™m one of few who doesnā€™t rate Gakpo either. In his case, i do think heā€™s got good feet and heā€™s technically very sound, my problem comes with his attitude. Not that he particularly has a a bad one, I donā€™t think heā€™s a bad apple or anything like that, but he doesnā€™t strike me as the type of lad who will run through brick walls for JĆ¼rgen or for us. He doesnā€™t come across as having that same determined winners mentality that mane and Bobby did. Thereā€™s no real urgency about him. He kind of just turns up and strolls around. Weā€™ll see next season with him.

Tell you who else is over rated. Diaz. Now in his case he has all the talent in the world. Again, you can tell instantly if someoneā€™s a player or not and he certainly is. However, he drifts out of games constantly. He can be electric for ten minutes and not involved for the other 80.  It drives me mad. Mane, Bobby and even Mo at times had games where it just didnā€™t fall their way for whatever reason but they still let their presence known in some way and they were involved but Diaz is like a ghost at times. He has to be much more consistent if weā€™re ever going to challenge.

Alison, best goalie in the world and if it wasnā€™t for him we would probably be bottom half.

Virgil is still our best centre half but nowhere near the level he was. Konate is a bit of a myth. Has all the attributes needed to be a top centre half but has too many brain farts.  If we could put Matips head on konates body then we would have the perfect centre half.

Because of what weā€™ve done under klopp so far and the expectations weā€™ve set, despite a couple of big wins this season, my rating would be 1/10. To go from a potential quadruple to just about finishing 5th is shocking.

Investment is badly needed.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5: May 29, 2023 03:00:41 pm
      C- got to do a lot better all round  . JĆ¼rgen is going to fight hard for every penny but I am not sure he will.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6: May 29, 2023 03:03:53 pm

Looking forward, which is what we must do, I honestly believe weā€™re not far off being a major threat to Cityā€™s dominance, as of now, weā€™re probably a season or two behind where we should be, the gulf between us and them isnā€™t that bad, we lack, energy, creativity from midfield, weā€™ll need more solidity and consistency at the back, if in the summer we go some way to rectify some or most of them issues weā€™d make giant strides to getting back to our rightful place amongst contenders ,

No one is more relieved that this season has now been consigned to history, and I doubt any of us will remember it with any fondness, apart maybe from handing those Scummy Fuckpig MUtants a SEVEN goal Butt F***ing, Keithā€™s still crying into his crotch less panties btw  !! 🤣

Overall it was a f***in Disaster, there was lots of sh*t that hit the fan this season and thinking about it now weā€™ve done pretty f***in weā€™ll all things considered, itā€™s not what we wanted, itā€™s not what we expected if weā€™re all honest, the league table doesnā€™t lie we finished where we deserved to, and as painful as that is, we have to take it on the chin for what it is, and move the f**k on !!

ā€œWe Go Againā€ as someone once said.

YNWA

Itā€™s early days yet but I can already feel the onset of the close season blues, thinking, sh*t what am I gonna watch now ? So roll on August ffs 😟

The way things stand now Billy I think youā€™re miles behind City and looking at the potential with players you may bring in the summer that wonā€™t change anytime soon. That said United in the same position and even if we get top striker with additions I still think weā€™re fighting for top 4 only.

I still havenā€™t been on that seven! thread and wonā€™t be doing anytime soon.   :lmao: Thank Christ you lot made up for it by having ( in your words ) a annus horribilis, that made me feel much much better.  :lmao:

Think we will all have a better idea when summer signings are all done and dusted.

Ps.. Gave your season 10/10  :f_whistle:
      « Last Edit: May 29, 2023 03:47:43 pm by Keith Singleton »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,348 posts | 2818 
      Reply #7: May 29, 2023 03:27:26 pm
      A drop off of 25 points in the league, poor defence of our domestic cups, meek exit in the Champions League, senior pros being well of their best all season, tonnes of injuries again and coaching staff who made no tactical adjustments until the season was already over.

4/10 is generous.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #8: May 29, 2023 04:34:43 pm
      The way things stand now Billy I think youā€™re miles behind City and looking at the potential with players you may bring in the summer that wonā€™t change anytime soon. That said United in the same position and even if we get top striker with additions I still think weā€™re fighting for top 4 only.

I still havenā€™t been on that seven! thread and wonā€™t be doing anytime soon.   :lmao: Thank Christ you lot made up for it by having ( in your words ) a annus horribilis, that made me feel much much better.  :lmao:

Think we will all have a better idea when summer signings are all done and dusted.

There is a gulf between us and City, 22pts difference is in truth why it does indeed feel likes ā€˜milesā€™ , fact is that they have a easier ride than most with having the resources immediately at hand, whereas we struggle  with quality to fill in for injured players,
      They didnā€™t have any midfield worries, nor defensive worries or do they lack the goodies up top, with the amount of financial clout at their disposal they can afford two high end quality players for almost every position,  so yes I guess in terms of having the kind of resources they have, we are indeed mileā€™sā€™ behind,

But fear ye not, although our season has been nothing short of disastrous, there are very encouraging signs a huge corner has been turned and weā€™ve seen glimpses of what seems to be a new style/system trialed for the last few weeks of the season, ā€¦..using some of our knackered and aged individuals, the likes of Jimmy, Bobby, Naby, Ox all heading for pastures new, worked the new system well without pulling up trees, but weā€™ll have fresher legs, fresher minds, and a fresh determined mindset to equal our title winning mentality,

No f**ker of course has any idea whoā€™ll be hoisting a scarf above their heads in front of the Kop come August but I can assure you they will be young, full of beans, hungry, and have the quality to take us up another level, and onwards for the next few seasons, so there wonā€™t be any Arthur Melo type stocking fillers on our books,

This summer is massive for us, from the Boston boardroom to the dog sh*t picker uppers around L4, we have to get every signing spot on, I can see minimal 5 coming in, three of which will take up most of whatever budget is made available, ball park figure, probably around Ā£175m - Ā£200m, maybe one or two surprises and perhaps a Academy prospect or two,

Itā€™s simple, this window is probably JĆ¼rgenā€™s most important, it will show which direction he wants us to take next, itā€™s for me the beginning of the second era under his tutelage, and perhaps his last major opportunity to stamp his legacy, so he has to get it right and history shows heā€™s pretty good at recruiting the right player, with the right mindset & mentality to take us forward.

Your lot, are for me in a worst position, itā€™s abundantly clear the Glazers arenā€™t looking to spend the millions it will take to bring you even close to your noisy neighbours , your stadium is falling apart, and more importantly your team is very thin and vulnerable as Sevilla exposed only too recently, they, in short, ripped you a new one and showed the whole f***in world that cosmetically you look half decent but scratch the surface, itā€™s f***in ugly, putting lipstick on a pig you still wouldnā€™t kiss it,

Ā£50.00 says we finish above youā€™re shower of sh*t next season??

YNWA

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #9: May 29, 2023 05:15:39 pm

There is a gulf between us and City, 22pts difference is in truth why it does indeed feel likes ā€˜milesā€™ , fact is that they have a easier ride than most with having the resources immediately at hand, whereas we struggle  with quality to fill in for injured players,
      They didnā€™t have any midfield worries, nor defensive worries or do they lack the goodies up top, with the amount of financial clout at their disposal they can afford two high end quality players for almost every position,  so yes I guess in terms of having the kind of resources they have, we are indeed mileā€™sā€™ behind,

But fear ye not, although our season has been nothing short of disastrous, there are very encouraging signs a huge corner has been turned and weā€™ve seen glimpses of what seems to be a new style/system trialed for the last few weeks of the season, ā€¦..using some of our knackered and aged individuals, the likes of Jimmy, Bobby, Naby, Ox all heading for pastures new, worked the new system well without pulling up trees, but weā€™ll have fresher legs, fresher minds, and a fresh determined mindset to equal our title winning mentality,

No f**ker of course has any idea whoā€™ll be hoisting a scarf above their heads in front of the Kop come August but I can assure you they will be young, full of beans, hungry, and have the quality to take us up another level, and onwards for the next few seasons, so there wonā€™t be any Arthur Melo type stocking fillers on our books,

This summer is massive for us, from the Boston boardroom to the dog sh*t picker uppers around L4, we have to get every signing spot on, I can see minimal 5 coming in, three of which will take up most of whatever budget is made available, ball park figure, probably around Ā£175m - Ā£200m, maybe one or two surprises and perhaps a Academy prospect or two,

Itā€™s simple, this window is probably JĆ¼rgenā€™s most important, it will show which direction he wants us to take next, itā€™s for me the beginning of the second era under his tutelage, and perhaps his last major opportunity to stamp his legacy, so he has to get it right and history shows heā€™s pretty good at recruiting the right player, with the right mindset & mentality to take us forward.

Your lot, are for me in a worst position, itā€™s abundantly clear the Glazers arenā€™t looking to spend the millions it will take to bring you even close to your noisy neighbours , your stadium is falling apart, and more importantly your team is very thin and vulnerable as Sevilla exposed only too recently, they, in short, ripped you a new one and showed the whole f***in world that cosmetically you look half decent but scratch the surface, itā€™s f***in ugly, putting lipstick on a pig you still wouldnā€™t kiss it,

Ā£50.00 says  finish above youā€™re shower of Sh*t next season??

YNWA

As usual you come back with a cracking post.   :lmao: Such a way with words itā€™s impossible not to smile/laugh  ;D You know Iā€™ve never hidden the fact weā€™re a average side so your not telling me anything I donā€™t know anyway. Take Casimiro out weā€™d be mid table.

However!!! Taking Ā£50 off you would make my fcuking year.   :D Can we discuss the bet once transfer window concluded?
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #10: May 29, 2023 06:33:29 pm
      Whatever action plan is needed...

I don't think the owners care about winning anymore. All they care is expanding capacity and getting 100% attendance. Only the fans care about awards - CL, top 4, silverware etc.

Since JĆ¼rgen has managed without much transfer budget, it shows that without additional transfer funding, the performance is sustainable. I don't think the owners will care which star players we bring in, as long "you generate your own transfer funds by selling to buy..."

The other way to have more transfer funding is to trade players for profit - solanke type.

I think it will get more difficult next season with extra monetary ammunition apart from player sales.

Whatever the action plan for next year is, I don't think the transfer budget is going to improve.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,411 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #11: May 29, 2023 06:55:30 pm
      5 out of 10. Big summer coming up, the thought of we can't this be bad next season and jurgens optimism will keep me going over the summer. The idea of a fully fit Diaz, jota, gakpo pushing on. Nunez bedding in  is cause for optimism. Just too many injuries, loss of form, loss of focus to have a coherent season.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #12: May 29, 2023 07:15:11 pm
      5/10 must do better only Two players did well Salah and Allison Jota was ok as was Gakpo, the midfielder was shocking and starved the forwards while not supporting the defence, last season the defence was shocking and wasnā€™t changed and this year the midfield was awful and again not strengthened a all to often problem with our owners again letā€™s hope the midfield is strengthened and all who are leaving are replaced by better players. Wonder what is going on with Nunez ?.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #13: May 29, 2023 07:32:51 pm
      JĆ¼rgen - 5/10
      Players - 4/10
      FSG - 1/10

Iā€™d like to be optimistic about the coming season but this is the first summer where I will actually be worried that if we donā€™t get it right we could be in a lot of trouble. Honestly last summer I had a bit more optimism about the squad due to the prior years performance but now I donā€™t have that optimism as I donā€™t have any optimism that we will spend whatā€™s necessary to bring in quality. Hopefully Iā€™ll be pleasantly surprised.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,411 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #14: May 29, 2023 07:47:05 pm
      5/10 must do better only Two players did well Salah and Allison Jota was ok as was Gakpo, the midfielder was shocking and starved the forwards while not supporting the defence, last season the defence was shocking and wasnā€™t changed and this year the midfield was awful and again not strengthened a all to often problem with our owners again letā€™s hope the midfield is strengthened and all who are leaving are replaced by better players. Wonder what is going on with Nunez ?.

What about Nunez?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #15: May 29, 2023 08:06:29 pm

Whatā€™s the issue with Nunez ?

He had a few niggling injuries but for a first season in England

42 games with 25 starts

15 goals and 5 assists

As a comparison Mane first season with us scored 13 goals and 8 assists in 26 starts

Nunez appears to be getting a bit of a raw deal at the moment

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,211 posts | 1214 
      Reply #16: May 29, 2023 08:36:55 pm
      It's been a bit of a sh*t show, a huge come down after the season before, but if any team is able to bounce back in a big way it should be us as we've done it before and still have a lot of the ingredients needed to do it, most importantly our manager but also a reasonable mix of experienced winners and youth.

Nobody predicted Arsenal giving City a run for their money so that's what I'll be telling myself over the summer. Much will turn on what we do in the transfer market and getting the signings that make the system work. 3 or 4 minimum, 3 midfielders and a defender or two first class midfielders and two defenders, that need to be bang on the money to compensate for our lack of investment in earlier windows. Do that and I think some of these other (justified) concerns about the form of individual players will begin to recede.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #17: May 29, 2023 09:36:47 pm
      Itā€™s funny really. The problems we saw this season many of us were shouting about last season and this could have almost been predicted.

Our problems donā€™t just lie with Harvey Elliott obviously but he was always a problem playing in midfield for us. He is a winger by trade and it would be no different to playing salah in there. The rubbish people on here who came out with things like ā€˜klopp likes him thereā€™ like they go round to Jurgens for a brew every other day and have a chat. It wasnā€™t true. Klopp was forced to play him there because at the time we had no other options. And the kid did alright, heā€™s a talented footballer, but it was always going to catch up with us.

Itā€™s the same with Curtis jones now. He did well towards the end of the season but if we use that as a reason not to invest then we are in big trouble again. A couple of decent performances doesnā€™t mean anything. Over a full season, if jones played every game, we would be in trouble.

Trent moving into midfield. Iā€™ll be very surprised if I wasnā€™t the first poster who suggested this ages ago and again, certain people laughed and slaughtered me. One in particular said he would never play in midfield for us. Letā€™s be honest, he was a complete liability at right back for the first 20-25 games this season but in his new role his form improved immediately and so did our results. Unless we improve our midfield and sign a proper RCM then itā€™s a no brainier for me, Trent has to play in midfield again otherwise teams will continue to target and expose him at full back where the likes of Harvey Elliott donā€™t protect him. We also need to get the best out of him wherever that may be. I still think itā€™s from the wide areas but only if we get the protection down that side again.

Again, Iā€™ll be very surprised if I wasnā€™t the first person to criticise Nunez on here. You could see immediately that he wasnā€™t very good technically. I think my words were ā€˜he will never be good enough to lead the line for Liverpoolā€™ and again, got slaughtered.

Thatā€™s why he plays on the left because what he does have is pace and power. He just doesnā€™t have tidy feet and he couldnā€™t finish his dinner either. It does make me laugh when reds say ā€˜heā€™s matched suarezā€™s tally for his first seasonā€™ like that is relevant to anything.  Suarez came into a Kenny team recently inherited from Roy that was absolutely dreadful and a short while later nearly took us to a title. Nunez came into a JĆ¼rgen klopp team that nearly won the lot high on confidence and looked like the peri peri Andy Carroll. The only thing they have in common is nationality.

Iā€™m one of few who doesnā€™t rate Gakpo either. In his case, i do think heā€™s got good feet and heā€™s technically very sound, my problem comes with his attitude. Not that he particularly has a a bad one, I donā€™t think heā€™s a bad apple or anything like that, but he doesnā€™t strike me as the type of lad who will run through brick walls for JĆ¼rgen or for us. He doesnā€™t come across as having that same determined winners mentality that mane and Bobby did. Thereā€™s no real urgency about him. He kind of just turns up and strolls around. Weā€™ll see next season with him.

Tell you who else is over rated. Diaz. Now in his case he has all the talent in the world. Again, you can tell instantly if someoneā€™s a player or not and he certainly is. However, he drifts out of games constantly. He can be electric for ten minutes and not involved for the other 80.  It drives me mad. Mane, Bobby and even Mo at times had games where it just didnā€™t fall their way for whatever reason but they still let their presence known in some way and they were involved but Diaz is like a ghost at times. He has to be much more consistent if weā€™re ever going to challenge.

Alison, best goalie in the world and if it wasnā€™t for him we would probably be bottom half.

Virgil is still our best centre half but nowhere near the level he was. Konate is a bit of a myth. Has all the attributes needed to be a top centre half but has too many brain farts.  If we could put Matips head on konates body then we would have the perfect centre half.

Because of what weā€™ve done under klopp so far and the expectations weā€™ve set, despite a couple of big wins this season, my rating would be 1/10. To go from a potential quadruple to just about finishing 5th is shocking.

Investment is badly needed.

Not sure I agree on Gakpo but 100% agree on everything else.

Nunez has been a massive misfire. Diaz needs to start finishing his dinner!

We lost so much with Mane because youā€™re absolutely right - even when it wasnā€™t going right for Mane at least he was always involved, giving 10000% every single time (what an amazing F***ing player he was for us - ā€˜sensationalā€™ doesnā€™t do him justice).

Jota is the man for me, if he stays fit next season, I can see a 30 goal season coming.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #18: May 30, 2023 06:22:26 am
      As much as the season shitted, me, annoyed me, frustrated me and drained me, I couldn't wait for the next game to start and I can't wait for this off season to be finished and we go again.

This time we WIN THE F***ing LOT!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #19: May 30, 2023 09:39:16 am
      End of an era season.

We go again in a couple of month's with a fresh new look team.

In the end we did well getting 5th considering the clusterfuk of injuries and the knock on effect that had.

ill give the season a 6/10 mostly cos of the good finish.

Allison and Salah standout players, Robbo also never let us down too many times. TBF the whole team were just so disjointed for most of the season, the change in formation and return of Jones, Diaz and jota made so much difference last 10 games.

Props to young elliott for playing so many games.

Also late season props to Jones.

Gapko and Nunez will be even better next season now they have a season under their belt.

Fit Diaz and Jota showed what we were missing most of the season.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #20: May 30, 2023 10:03:33 am
      Well done to Naby for graduating and finishing up his career with us. I can't believe someone so injured is actually mobile enough to "leave".

The Athletic: In total, Liverpool have played 277 competitive matches since Keita arrived and heā€™s featured in just 129 of them (47 per cent).

https://theathletic.com/4534693/2023/05/25/naby-keita-liverpool-what-happened/
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,261 posts | 757 
      Reply #21: May 30, 2023 10:42:33 am
      Well done to Naby for graduating and finishing up his career with us. I can't believe someone so injured is actually mobile enough to "leave".

The Athletic: In total, Liverpool have played 277 competitive matches since Keita arrived and heā€™s featured in just 129 of them (47 per cent).

Obviously not the most robust of players, you can't blame him for that....He's gone...let it go.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #22: May 30, 2023 10:50:34 am

His win % when fit was very very good though.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #23: May 30, 2023 01:07:34 pm
      As much as the season shitted, me, annoyed me, frustrated me and drained me, I couldn't wait for the next game to start and I can't wait for this off season to be finished and we go again.

This time we WIN THE F***ing LOT!

On the  :cool-smiley-027:  :f_doh:
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,266 posts | 281 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #24: May 30, 2023 01:11:20 pm
      Thank F**k itā€™s over!
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #25: May 30, 2023 03:41:17 pm
      The recruitment over the last couple of seasons hasnā€™t been as good.

The front three of Mo, Mane and Bobby was special. They all complimented each other brilliantly but they were all menaces who ran their socks off and defended from the front.

Now our attack is a little disjointed who donā€™t gel as well. Do we even know what our first choice attack is? For me it would be Diaz, Jota and mo who are the best and most similar combination to what we had. But whereas mo, Sadio and Bobby were guaranteed 80 goals a season, I donā€™t think this front three necessarily is.

Time will tell but I donā€™t see how either Gakpo or Nunez fit into this team. I donā€™t think either of these two reach anywhere near 20 league goals either.

Itā€™s no secret that the midfield is shot and has been neglected for years. Weā€™ve gone from having reliable, disciplined, hard working runners which were crucial to our success. Now we donā€™t.

We have Curtis Jones and Harvey Elliott who have had plenty of minutes in there who are more ā€˜ballerā€™ type of players.

Same with Thiago. I could watch Thiago all day, I love him, but heā€™s just one of those players who doesnā€™t suit our system. Unless we put two engines alongside him and gave him total freedom, I donā€™t think we will ever see the best of him. Heā€™s a luxury player.

Iā€™m quite surprised to see the players weā€™re linked with in midfield (and hoping thereā€™s no truth to them) because they arenā€™t anything like the players who helped bring us success. The James Milners, the Jordan Hendersonā€™s, the Gini Wijnaldums and to a lesser extent Naby and Ox. Players who would run and run all day. Our press is non-existent now and itā€™s because we donā€™t have the legs in midfield.

I suspect klopp is changing and moving away from the way weā€™ve always played under him now, which may explain the transfer links. I wanted Trent to move in the middle, which he eventually did, but itā€™s almost as if Klopp has copied the pep way of playing which in the long term wonā€™t suit us. Our results improved but over the course of the season we will drop too many points playing this way because we just donā€™t have the type of players who are good enough in possession the way city do.

We have to go back to the old Liverpool way of playing and it starts by bringing in 2 or 3 midfielders who have engines on them which in return will get the best out of Robbo, Trent and Mo. Play a high line and press, press, press.

Bring the heavy metal back JĆ¼rgen.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #26: May 30, 2023 08:45:33 pm
      3/10.

Started with a rubbish summer where we didn't strengthen where we needed to, didn't move on players who needed moving, we were then terrible for long stretches, so many players under-performed, no silver, hockeyed off the park in the CL at home by RM etc etc. Highlight, beating the mancs, which though a great one off day and result, we need to have are sights set a LOT higher than beating that shower.

Ally - the star man - what a keeper, MOTM in so many games.

As good as Trent finished the season when playing in the middle, he was the opposite defensively for most of it.  To me it doesn't look like he wants to play RB anymore, so I don't buy the arguments of how we've done in the past. We need to shore up that side/RB, and we need a midfielder who can pass and shoot. Do the maths. Move him to midfield, get an RB.

VVD/Konate/Matip/Robbo, no real standouts, there's quality there, take a break and come back fresh.
      Gomez, did himself no favors, but we have bigger problems elsewhere that mean he'll be here again.

The sh*t show was/is the middle.
      Keita and Ox, the miracle men - the miracle being they weren't turfed out years before now, for a few bob.
      Milly, I'd have given another year, but not to be.
      Melo, what's to say. Joke signing.
      Would expect Hendo to move into more of a Milly role, playing some games, not being a first starter, coming on as sub. sharing the benefits of his experience.
      Fab, just have to hope he can recharge and be the player he has been. We could do with that. We need players who can work, run hard, tackle. If Trent moves into the middle, we need fresh heavy metal legs to complement that.
      Thiago, can't see us move him on with 4 players already leaving. But can't see him staying fit for too many games. If he could sort the body, would be an asset.
      Jones has shown he can be a useful squad player.  Slightly down the pecking order from him, Elliot, stock has gone down a bit, but going nowhere. Carvalho rumours might be on way, hasn't played much, but maybe too early to judge, hasn't really had much time.
      We need at least 2 midfielders, starting XI quality, hard working ball winners who can play, and probably good creative mid. We're playing catchup, so will have to spend.

Up front, Salah has been decent under the circumstances. The last of a proper top quality threesome, proven winners, front 3. When he goes, you have to wonder a bit. But he'll still be here thankfully next year. I like Jota, has goals in him, just needs to stay fit. Gapko has shown some good things, and is maybe the closest of the front guys to Bob, but needs more grit in his play, but promising. Diaz, hard to judge this season, barely played, could maybe put on a few pound. Nunez would worry me the most, has scored some goals, but missed many more targets, his general play, control, decision making has been surprisingly bad, for the huge outlay, but will likely get time. There is definitely ability there, what I don't 'yet' see is the understanding, the slick linkup, the work-rate, an obvious strongest three, things we had when we were winning trophies.

JĆ¼rgen looks wrecked. Saw a few pics and the odd interview, seems shattered after the season. Took a long time, and maybe a prompt from Pep/Stones to stumble on a plan to move TAA forward a bit at times, along with some players coming back, to put a decent end of season run of games together. Surprised we didn't move on some players last summer, maybe showing too much loyalty at times. Massive transfer window ahead, and unfortunately with how we've fallen away, there's almost no room for error. Needs to get the right players or drop the diplomacy with FSG.

On FSG, F**k em, wish they'd pissed off when they looked like they might, will have to bite that bullet sometime anyway. We've fallen back, and it was full square on the cards. Barcodes now another side with money behind them to compete against. Better the devil you know? Not F***ing necessarily. The soothing tales of how Bellingham would be coming, a nice little pipe dream floated for a bit, now well forgotten in the crash back down to reality - but oh yeah, in retrospect, it's much better to buy two good players instead of one top quality one, and how could we have been so stupid to think we could sign him in the first place.  Just stump up cash fucksticks, maybe JĆ¼rgen can work some magic, maybe we can close the gap that has widened, maybe the team can get back to challenging again, maybe our stock will rise, and maybe then you can stick the for sale sign back up again and be on yer bike.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #27: May 30, 2023 09:04:12 pm
      think the best we can do is put it to bed and concentrate how the idiots in Boston are going to fund JĆ¼rgen so he can compete with City, Chelsea, UTD, Arsenal, Newcastle, Spurs, and possibly Villa if they recruit well the top 4 is now 7 or 8 into 4 so its a massive summer for us.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      Reply #28: May 31, 2023 09:15:00 am
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #29: May 31, 2023 01:06:34 pm
      Folk's should remember there have been more sh*te seasons than good seasons over the 130 years history. l o l
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #30: May 31, 2023 01:58:11 pm
      A poor season by recent standards of the last few years. Perhaps a reality check ? Still by August we will all be looking forward to seeing the Reds in action and showing their true capabilities. Hopefully on the trail of more silverware in JĆ¼rgen's reign.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #31: May 31, 2023 03:06:43 pm
      As usual you come back with a cracking post.   :lmao: Such a way with words itā€™s impossible not to smile/laugh  ;D You know Iā€™ve never hidden the fact weā€™re a average side so your not telling me anything I donā€™t know anyway. Take Casimiro out weā€™d be mid table.

However!!! Taking Ā£50 off you would make my fcuking year.   :D Can we discuss the bet once transfer window concluded?

100% mate, my choice would be a donation to the Head & Neck team @ Macmillan, their the ones who in my eyes are the true heroes, their the reason Iā€™m still pissing ppl off by continuously breathing, and ultimately responsible for my inane drivel,

I hope tae F**k you lot donā€™t become awash with dollar, for me that would leave us standing alone as contenders of a building to win rather than buying to win football club, history says that youā€™re lot have spent Millions more than we have but in terms of success are only slightly behind, however, your clubs endeavour to get on a par with us has brought you full circle and are once again desperate to hang on to our coat tails, hence youā€™re lot pimping for a sugar daddy,

Ours of course are not the only coat tails youā€™re desperately trying to hang onto, youā€™re very noisy neighbours will particularly stick in your throat, but Arse, Chavs and the equally backed oily barcodes have aspirations to take alpha position 1,

Youā€™re lot deservedly finished in a CL spot, but only because we werenā€™t in the mix, our mini rise from the ashes was alas too little too late but we were but a mere 8pts behind in your wake with ā€˜Toonā€™ in a red Sandwich between us,

This transfer window is colossal for us, like I mentioned, but itā€™s as important if not more for youā€™re lot, ETH has steadied your ship, the decks have been scrubbed everything looks clean and tidy, but underneath itā€™s a right f***in mess, and itā€™s gonna take MiĀ£Ā£ions more just to get youā€™re lot to catch up, again, youā€™re lotā€™s determination of a sugar daddy Zillionaire to drag you out of the sh*te,

New, or revamped Stadium, and a sh*t load of swinging dicks will set your lot back billions, can you see the Glazers spunking that kind of outlay, No, thought not, no doubt something will happen in due course, but who has the sort of financial clout to buy out the Glazers, itā€™s reported they are after North of Ā£5bn but old Jimmy R and the other interested party can or have offered much less, so bit of a empasse at the moment with no solution being offered, and a fast approaching transfer window.

God speed Muther f**ker, the happy tranquil state of Mediocrity awaits !! 😁😁😁😁

YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #32: May 31, 2023 04:52:05 pm

100% mate, my choice would be a donation to the Head & Neck team @ Macmillan, their the ones who in my eyes are the true heroes, their the reason Iā€™m still pissing ppl off by continuously breathing, and ultimately responsible for my inane drivel,

I hope tae f**k you lot donā€™t become awash with dollar, for me that would leave us standing alone as contenders of a building to win rather than buying to win football club, history says that youā€™re lot have spent Millions more than we have but in terms of success are only slightly behind, however, your clubs endeavour to get on a par with us has brought you full circle and are once again desperate to hang on to our coat tails, hence youā€™re lot pimping for a sugar daddy,

Ours of course are not the only coat tails youā€™re desperately trying to hang onto, youā€™re very noisy neighbours will particularly stick in your throat, but Arse, Chavs and the equally backed oily barcodes have aspirations to take alpha position 1,

Youā€™re lot deservedly finished in a CL spot, but only because we werenā€™t in the mix, our mini rise from the ashes was alas too little too late but we were but a mere 8pts behind in your wake with ā€˜Toonā€™ in a red Sandwich between us,

This transfer window is colossal for us, like I mentioned, but itā€™s as important if not more for youā€™re lot, ETH has steadied your ship, the decks have been scrubbed everything looks clean and tidy, but underneath itā€™s a right f***in mess, and itā€™s gonna take MiĀ£Ā£ions more just to get youā€™re lot to catch up, again, youā€™re lotā€™s determination of a sugar daddy Zillionaire to drag you out of the sh*te,

New, or revamped Stadium, and a sh*t load of swinging dicks will set your lot back billions, can you see the Glazers spunking that kind of outlay, No, thought not, no doubt something will happen in due course, but who has the sort of financial clout to buy out the Glazers, itā€™s reported they are after North of Ā£5bn but old Jimmy R and the other interested party can or have offered much less, so bit of a empasse at the moment with no solution being offered, and a fast approaching transfer window.

God speed Muther F**ker, the happy tranquil state of Mediocrity awaits !! 😁😁😁😁

YNWA

Not thought of where my winnings will go yet 🤑😛 Iā€™ll think about that once the window closed and we confirm bet.

The way I think about an oily takeover is regardless of my opinion nothing I can do about it anyway. The days of me jumping on the moral high ground are well and truly gone. However, will always respect those that disagree and would walk away from the sport because of it, sadly I canā€™t do it, once a red! always a red. 🥰 think you may of heard of that saying before. 😂

Youā€™re right the window is massive for you but the vibes I pick up from social media and what your club saying is that you wonā€™t be hitting big in the summer window. Pretty sure both our teams will be in top 6 though. I generally do a thread after window closed on how we assess top 6.

I have doubts Glazers will do a complete sell out of the club but can only hope. 🙏

Much as United will get plenty of stick if we do become a state own club Iā€™ll take it on the chin, not that I have a choice. Least it will bring plenty of new jobs into the city if our noisy neighbours are anything to go by.

Taking a nifty out of your pocket will ease all that pain I went through after that 7-0 bashing 🤢 Bring on the summer signings. Looks like youā€™ve locked up your first with MacAllister.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,533 posts | 722 
      Reply #33: May 31, 2023 10:28:20 pm
      we fu**ed ourselves in that mid season when we lost  to Forest, Leeds, 3-1 to Brentford, 3-0 to Brighton, 3-0 to Wolves, beating Man u 7-0 then losing 1-0 to Bournemouth the following week. Not to mention all the draws against crap teams.

This season was so monumentally bad.

Yet when the smoke has settled, you look at the table and realize if we had 2 more wins, we would have been in the champions league.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,261 posts | 757 
      Reply #34: May 31, 2023 11:53:59 pm
      A season cast into the dustbin of history. With the exception of the keeper the players were abject. Too often the attitude was borderline arrogance, playing as if just turning up was enough...well it never has been, and never will be. We basically sleepwalked through most of the campaign. Of course we can all pick and choose from a multitude of possible reasons.....but whatever they were/are it wasn't acceptable. I don't mean the results, I mean the lack of effort, no fight...the zombie style of play. We witnessed a belated return of form towards the end, grinding out wins, albeit not especially pretty to the eye. I feel we've seen the end of Klopp phase 1, and now we are at the start, a crossroad, into Klopp phase 2. Exciting times ahead as always, and once we click there will be no stopping us...again.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #35: Jun 01, 2023 09:02:32 am
      the more time goes on the more we will reflect on just how much 2021/22 took out of the lads and now 2022/23 is done lets leave it there at the end of the day we won the two least significant trophies available to us.
      We have seen in the past few months they have got their heads straight and with a few QUALITY signings we should be able to challenge again but we cant afford to sign mediocrity .
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #36: Jun 01, 2023 11:15:43 am
      I think FSG would do well to heed the above advice, we cannot afford to sign mediocrity. You only get what you pay for, the club need quality players to achieve winning trophies, even if it means splashing out more cash, on the right sort of players.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #37: Jun 01, 2023 12:06:33 pm
      Not thought of where my winnings will go yet 🤑😛 Iā€™ll think about that once the window closed and we confirm bet.

The way I think about an oily takeover is regardless of my opinion nothing I can do about it anyway. The days of me jumping on the moral high ground are well and truly gone. However, will always respect those that disagree and would walk away from the sport because of it, sadly I canā€™t do it, once a red! always a red. 🥰 think you may of heard of that saying before. 😂

Youā€™re right the window is massive for you but the vibes I pick up from social media and what your club saying is that you wonā€™t be hitting big in the summer window. Pretty sure both our teams will be in top 6 though. I generally do a thread after window closed on how we assess top 6.

I have doubts Glazers will do a complete sell out of the club but can only hope. 🙏

Much as United will get plenty of stick if we do become a state own club Iā€™ll take it on the chin, not that I have a choice. Least it will bring plenty of new jobs into the city if our noisy neighbours are anything to go by.

Taking a nifty out of your pocket will ease all that pain I went through after that 7-0 bashing 🤢 Bring on the summer signings. Looks like youā€™ve locked up your first with MacAllister.

Seems to me Keith that youā€™re fat arse is firmly wedged on the fence, being a old Cnut just like myself I thought maybe youā€™d want a kind of happy medium kinda situation where monies would be available if and only when required, and not be like youā€™re noisier neighbours who spend just for the sake of it, or as preventative measures, buying players so other clubā€™s canā€™t, we seen that with Phillips from Leeds, you canā€™t tell me he was brought in as a key player and to feature prominently as a DM,

this is what happens when the greedy cnuts amongst us get even greedier, and the player himself jumped ship for the money and not to enhance his playing career, I guess though, pot , kettle and black would be the best analogy on this occasion, cos no one, absolutely no one would want it any different if it were your club, ā€˜Once a Red, always a Redā€™ you say and is right, youā€™ll support your club whatever state its in,

I canā€™t sit here and say I would walk away if some oily lot bought out FSG, and gave us what the Fraudsterā€™s have, of course I wouldnā€™t, I wonā€™t like it but Iā€™m hardly going to start a protest March against it, in a ideal world, my ā€˜happy mediumā€™ situation if you want, is having the dollar there if you want it, bring in those who will have you competing every season for top honours, and when you feel a player needs replacing, you can easily afford to do so, without the use of any begging bowl or having to sell to buy,

We know that only too well, and why we will never be like City, nor Chavs, or indeed Newcastle, albeit they have yet to delve deeper into their bottomless pit, and you f***in lot if some sugar daddy gives you a facial,

Dunno what youā€™re reading Fat boy, but from where Iā€™m at, I think this window could turn out to be the biggest yet from FSG, and dare I say one of thee most pivotal, not since Virgil & Ali have we splashed out the kind of money thatā€™s loose change for the Oilyā€™s,

Weā€™re losing at least four, well five if you count Arthur, who weā€™ll need to replace, and at a high quality, amongst those will be our marquee players perhaps 2-3, particularly in midfield, and thereā€™s always a ā€˜F**k meā€™ didnā€™t see that one coming, from JĆ¼rgen, he doesnā€™t buy sh*te so expect a eye opener or two, we seen the emergence of young Bajcetic from the academy, and trust me when I say, he wonā€™t be the only one emerging from the Axa, we have returneeā€™s from loans, shout outs to Connor Bradley and Tyler Morton in particular,
      So underneath our surface weā€™re In pretty good shape, just need fresher legs and a pinch of experience and weā€™re good to go, canā€™t say that about youā€™re lot of pretenderā€™s, sit back relax your Fattiness, and ask yourself who between us, the Real and proper Reds, are in better shape to challenge the Oily lot, and to deflate their dominance?

YNWA

Due diligence will have been done by now on those that have been targeted, now itā€™s just about negotiating deals
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #38: Jun 01, 2023 03:45:17 pm

Seems to me Keith that youā€™re fat arse is firmly wedged on the fence, being a old Cnut just like myself I thought maybe youā€™d want a kind of happy medium kinda situation where monies would be available if and only when required, and not be like youā€™re noisier neighbours who spend just for the sake of it, or as preventative measures, buying players so other clubā€™s canā€™t, we seen that with Phillips from Leeds, you canā€™t tell me he was brought in as a key player and to feature prominently as a DM,

this is what happens when the greedy cnuts amongst us get even greedier, and the player himself jumped ship for the money and not to enhance his playing career, I guess though, pot , kettle and black would be the best analogy on this occasion, cos no one, absolutely no one would want it any different if it were your club, ā€˜Once a Red, always a Redā€™ you say and is right, youā€™ll support your club whatever state its in,

I canā€™t sit here and say I would walk away if some oily lot bought out FSG, and gave us what the Fraudsterā€™s have, of course I wouldnā€™t, I wonā€™t like it but Iā€™m hardly going to start a protest March against it, in a ideal world, my ā€˜happy mediumā€™ situation if you want, is having the dollar there if you want it, bring in those who will have you competing every season for top honours, and when you feel a player needs replacing, you can easily afford to do so, without the use of any begging bowl or having to sell to buy,

We know that only too well, and why we will never be like City, nor Chavs, or indeed Newcastle, albeit they have yet to delve deeper into their bottomless pit, and you f***in lot if some sugar daddy gives you a facial,

Dunno what youā€™re reading Fat boy, but from where Iā€™m at, I think this window could turn out to be the biggest yet from FSG, and dare I say one of thee most pivotal, not since Virgil & Ali have we splashed out the kind of money thatā€™s loose change for the Oilyā€™s,

Weā€™re losing at least four, well five if you count Arthur, who weā€™ll need to replace, and at a high quality, amongst those will be our marquee players perhaps 2-3, particularly in midfield, and thereā€™s always a ā€˜f**k meā€™ didnā€™t see that one coming, from JĆ¼rgen, he doesnā€™t buy sh*te so expect a eye opener or two, we seen the emergence of young Bajcetic from the academy, and trust me when I say, he wonā€™t be the only one emerging from the Axa, we have returneeā€™s from loans, shout outs to Connor Bradley and Tyler Morton in particular,
      So underneath our surface weā€™re In pretty good shape, just need fresher legs and a pinch of experience and weā€™re good to go, canā€™t say that about youā€™re lot of pretenderā€™s, sit back relax your Fattiness, and ask yourself who between us, the Real and proper Reds, are in better shape to challenge the Oily lot, and to deflate their dominance?

YNWA

Due diligence will have been done by now on those that have been targeted, now itā€™s just about negotiating deals

Not sure it matters where my ā€œfat arseā€  is sat because at the end of the day my opinion counts for nothing, like yours weā€™re just fans that want whatā€™s best for the club, thatā€™s in a ideal world which simply doesnā€™t exist anymore.

The happy medium as you call it is another word for the good old days! Billy theyā€™re gone. 🤢 we have to admit defeat and except whatā€™s going to happen will happen. Weā€™re just working class people that voice an opinion and the fat catā€™s pretend to listen and take note but they never do.

Iā€™m glad you admit like me the chances of you walking away are very slim. Those that will walk away ( not many ) and there will be some I take my hat off to them in a way because no one can argue fundamentally theyā€™re wrong. Much as I like being a dinosaur and donā€™t want change itā€™s happening, the underlying issues we have in football isnā€™t going away.

Obviously weā€™re reading from different hymn sheets re signing, I agree itā€™s the most pivotal for you but I just donā€™t see any big names coming in the summer window. MacAllister will be your highest in regards monetary terms, good player he is but from the evidence of what Iā€™ve seen of him so far not world class. If any of us are to catch city we both need world class signings.

I donā€™t think you are in good shape, I think like United itā€™s just ok at the moment. Unfortunately I have to look at how the noisy neighbours are doing and make comparisons with them, sadly as thing stand now mate United & Liverpool got some catching up to do. The only way our respective clubs are going to do that is get new owners. I actually think if/when United are sold 🤞🤞🤞  you may get an offer.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #39: Jun 03, 2023 12:40:12 pm
      Not sure it matters where my ā€œfat arseā€  is sat because at the end of the day my opinion counts for nothing, like yours weā€™re just fans that want whatā€™s best for the club, thatā€™s in a ideal world which simply doesnā€™t exist anymore.

The happy medium as you call it is another word for the good old days! Billy theyā€™re gone. 🤢 we have to admit defeat and except whatā€™s going to happen will happen. Weā€™re just working class people that voice an opinion and the fat catā€™s pretend to listen and take note but they never do.

Iā€™m glad you admit like me the chances of you walking away are very slim. Those that will walk away ( not many ) and there will be some I take my hat off to them in a way because no one can argue fundamentally theyā€™re wrong. Much as I like being a dinosaur and donā€™t want change itā€™s happening, the underlying issues we have in football isnā€™t going away.

Obviously weā€™re reading from different hymn sheets re signing, I agree itā€™s the most pivotal for you but I just donā€™t see any big names coming in the summer window. MacAllister will be your highest in regards monetary terms, good player he is but from the evidence of what Iā€™ve seen of him so far not world class. If any of us are to catch city we both need world class signings.

I donā€™t think you are in good shape, I think like United itā€™s just ok at the moment. Unfortunately I have to look at how the noisy neighbours are doing and make comparisons with them, sadly as thing stand now mate United & Liverpool got some catching up to do. The only way our respective clubs are going to do that is get new owners. I actually think if/when United are sold 🤞🤞🤞  you may get an offer.

Regardless of your owner Keith, although theyā€™ve taken millions from the finances for themselves, which is why theyā€™re in business, I canā€™t remember many players your lot have been after, that theyā€™ve refused the funds for. Unlike our lot, whose financial constraints are a lot lower.
      Itā€™s really about having the right manager, to make the right choices. Klopp seems better in that respect but ten Haag seem like an improvement for you lot.
      All said and done, neither club will be able to match cities spending without the oil money, or cheating the FFP, or both, just as city have done 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #40: Jul 29, 2023 05:19:10 pm
      Our season review could be summed up as utter sh*t, but, we also twatted the mancs 7-0.

Yeah that's my highlight.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #41: Jul 29, 2023 05:50:38 pm
      Our season was poor to say the least, especially judging by previous seasons. It may need a bit of time for our new players to settle in, although not too long ! There will be high expectations from the off and another mediocre term will be unacceptable to the majority of fans.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #42: Jul 29, 2023 06:36:28 pm
      Our season review could be summed up as utter sh*t, but, we also twatted the mancs 7-0.

Yeah that's my highlight.

Mine was you not getting CL  :f_whistle:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #43: Jul 29, 2023 09:24:14 pm

Think youā€™ll make it out of the group stage Slim ?? 🤣🤣
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44: Jul 29, 2023 09:56:17 pm

Think youā€™ll make it out of the group stage Slim ?? 🤣🤣

Not counting chickens mate thatā€™s for sure, and no I wouldnā€™t bet it either. 😂 You know Iā€™m pissed with summer signings. Probably be a blessing in disguise to get knocked out before group stages (( coz canā€™t win it )) and beat you lot! in one of the Europa rounds.   :lmao:
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #45: Jul 29, 2023 10:00:02 pm
      Not counting chickens mate thatā€™s for sure, and no I wouldnā€™t bet it either. 😂 You know Iā€™m pissed with summer signings. Probably be a blessing in disguise to get knocked out before group stages (( coz canā€™t win it )) and beat you lot! in one of the Europa rounds.   :lmao:

You probably thought that too in 15/16 when we sent you packing from Europa League mate 😚
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #46: Jul 29, 2023 10:22:12 pm
      You probably thought that too in 15/16 when we sent you packing from Europa League mate 😚

That game was a sham! Weā€™ll turn that around.  :lmao:
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #47: Jul 29, 2023 10:24:34 pm
      That game was a sham! Weā€™ll turn that around.  :lmao:

I predict another 7-0 😎
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #48: Jul 29, 2023 10:37:16 pm

Freak games happen once in a life time. Iā€™ve still not read the  game thread for that one. 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø😂
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      Reply #49: Jul 30, 2023 12:37:57 am
      Freak games happen once in a life time. Iā€™ve still not read the  game thread for that one. 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø😂

Hang on mate, will send it to you via PM  :D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #50: Jul 30, 2023 03:56:56 am

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You got as much chance of that as you have of winning Slimmer of the year  :f_whistle:

YNWA

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #51: Jul 30, 2023 08:27:47 am
      Hang on mate, will send it to you via PM  :D

You do know I have a delete button donā€™t you.  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #52: Jul 30, 2023 08:28:50 am

You got as much chance of that as you have of winning Slimmer of the year  :f_whistle:

YNWA

Actually!! the weight Iā€™ve lost will have a chance 😂 Under 15 stone now. 🤪🤪🤪
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #53: Jul 30, 2023 12:24:44 pm
      Actually!! the weight Iā€™ve lost will have a chance 😂 Under 15 stone now. 🤪🤪🤪

Iā€™m hovering around 13, so yer still a fat kunt 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #54: Jul 30, 2023 12:58:04 pm

Iā€™m hovering around 13, so yer still a fat kunt 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Iā€™m happy to under 15 you skinny oily scouse 🤪🤪🤪
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #55: Jul 31, 2023 09:21:37 am
      Iā€™m happy to under 15 you skinny oily scouse 🤪🤪🤪

Would that 15 equate to how many points youā€™re lot will be behind us come May ? 🤣🤣

Whoā€™s this Danish striker you just signed, never heard of him, speaks volumes that, fact being, no other club were chasing him, so heā€™s either completely underrated or heā€™s sh*te ??

What dā€™ya know Keef the beef ??  :f_whistle:

YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #56: Jul 31, 2023 03:46:29 pm

Would that 15 equate to how many points youā€™re lot will be behind us come May ? 🤣🤣

Whoā€™s this Danish striker you just signed, never heard of him, speaks volumes that, fact being, no other club were chasing him, so heā€™s either completely underrated or heā€™s sh*te ??

What dā€™ya know Keef the beef ??  :f_whistle:

YNWA

Already said Billy I havenā€™t a clue how good/bad he is so canā€™t get in a debate about him. 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø Iā€™ve  🤞🤞🤞 heā€™s a hidden talent.  Iā€™d of preferred Kane.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #57: Jul 31, 2023 10:23:13 pm
      Already said Billy I havenā€™t a clue how good/bad he is so canā€™t get in a debate about him. 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø Iā€™ve  🤞🤞🤞 heā€™s a hidden talent.  Iā€™d of preferred Kane.

Kane would jump at the chance wouldnā€™t he ? But tight arse Levy wonā€™t sell him to a premier league rival, let alone your lot, if I were Kane Iā€™d tell Levy sell or ill sit on my arse and go for free, and if that were to happen I reckon Ange would walk 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #58: Aug 01, 2023 08:58:16 am

Kane would jump at the chance wouldnā€™t he ? But tight arse Levy wonā€™t sell him to a premier league rival, let alone your lot, if I were Kane Iā€™d tell Levy sell or ill sit on my arse and go for free, and if that were to happen I reckon Ange would walk 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Given whatā€™s left on the table yes he would. Not sure itā€™s got anything to do with itā€™s us lot though. If United were to pay what tight arse wanted we would have got him. Levy impossible to work with as many of us know. Wouldnā€™t surprise me if he stays the one more year then moves on.

If the oilys donā€™t come in I think Kane would like to at least win one trophy/award, that being the latter with breaking Shearers record.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #59: Aug 01, 2023 10:08:44 am
      Probably be a blessing in disguise to get knocked out before group stages (( coz canā€™t win it )) and beat you lot! in one of the Europa rounds.   :lmao:

Which we've already done.

Playing catch up again!!

Quick Reply