Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

2023 End of Season Review

Read 4823 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: 2023 End of Season Review
      Reply #23: May 30, 2023 01:07:34 pm
      As much as the season shitted, me, annoyed me, frustrated me and drained me, I couldn't wait for the next game to start and I can't wait for this off season to be finished and we go again.

This time we WIN THE F***ing LOT!

On the  :cool-smiley-027:  :f_doh:
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,266 posts | 281 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #24: May 30, 2023 01:11:20 pm
      Thank F**k it’s over!
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #25: May 30, 2023 03:41:17 pm
      The recruitment over the last couple of seasons hasn’t been as good.

The front three of Mo, Mane and Bobby was special. They all complimented each other brilliantly but they were all menaces who ran their socks off and defended from the front.

Now our attack is a little disjointed who don’t gel as well. Do we even know what our first choice attack is? For me it would be Diaz, Jota and mo who are the best and most similar combination to what we had. But whereas mo, Sadio and Bobby were guaranteed 80 goals a season, I don’t think this front three necessarily is.

Time will tell but I don’t see how either Gakpo or Nunez fit into this team. I don’t think either of these two reach anywhere near 20 league goals either.

It’s no secret that the midfield is shot and has been neglected for years. We’ve gone from having reliable, disciplined, hard working runners which were crucial to our success. Now we don’t.

We have Curtis Jones and Harvey Elliott who have had plenty of minutes in there who are more ‘baller’ type of players.

Same with Thiago. I could watch Thiago all day, I love him, but he’s just one of those players who doesn’t suit our system. Unless we put two engines alongside him and gave him total freedom, I don’t think we will ever see the best of him. He’s a luxury player.

I’m quite surprised to see the players we’re linked with in midfield (and hoping there’s no truth to them) because they aren’t anything like the players who helped bring us success. The James Milners, the Jordan Henderson’s, the Gini Wijnaldums and to a lesser extent Naby and Ox. Players who would run and run all day. Our press is non-existent now and it’s because we don’t have the legs in midfield.

I suspect klopp is changing and moving away from the way we’ve always played under him now, which may explain the transfer links. I wanted Trent to move in the middle, which he eventually did, but it’s almost as if Klopp has copied the pep way of playing which in the long term won’t suit us. Our results improved but over the course of the season we will drop too many points playing this way because we just don’t have the type of players who are good enough in possession the way city do.

We have to go back to the old Liverpool way of playing and it starts by bringing in 2 or 3 midfielders who have engines on them which in return will get the best out of Robbo, Trent and Mo. Play a high line and press, press, press.

Bring the heavy metal back JĂźrgen.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,539 posts | 1664 
      • YNWA
      Reply #26: May 30, 2023 08:45:33 pm
      3/10.

Started with a rubbish summer where we didn't strengthen where we needed to, didn't move on players who needed moving, we were then terrible for long stretches, so many players under-performed, no silver, hockeyed off the park in the CL at home by RM etc etc. Highlight, beating the mancs, which though a great one off day and result, we need to have are sights set a LOT higher than beating that shower.

Ally - the star man - what a keeper, MOTM in so many games.

As good as Trent finished the season when playing in the middle, he was the opposite defensively for most of it.  To me it doesn't look like he wants to play RB anymore, so I don't buy the arguments of how we've done in the past. We need to shore up that side/RB, and we need a midfielder who can pass and shoot. Do the maths. Move him to midfield, get an RB.

VVD/Konate/Matip/Robbo, no real standouts, there's quality there, take a break and come back fresh.
      Gomez, did himself no favors, but we have bigger problems elsewhere that mean he'll be here again.

The sh*t show was/is the middle.
      Keita and Ox, the miracle men - the miracle being they weren't turfed out years before now, for a few bob.
      Milly, I'd have given another year, but not to be.
      Melo, what's to say. Joke signing.
      Would expect Hendo to move into more of a Milly role, playing some games, not being a first starter, coming on as sub. sharing the benefits of his experience.
      Fab, just have to hope he can recharge and be the player he has been. We could do with that. We need players who can work, run hard, tackle. If Trent moves into the middle, we need fresh heavy metal legs to complement that.
      Thiago, can't see us move him on with 4 players already leaving. But can't see him staying fit for too many games. If he could sort the body, would be an asset.
      Jones has shown he can be a useful squad player.  Slightly down the pecking order from him, Elliot, stock has gone down a bit, but going nowhere. Carvalho rumours might be on way, hasn't played much, but maybe too early to judge, hasn't really had much time.
      We need at least 2 midfielders, starting XI quality, hard working ball winners who can play, and probably good creative mid. We're playing catchup, so will have to spend.

Up front, Salah has been decent under the circumstances. The last of a proper top quality threesome, proven winners, front 3. When he goes, you have to wonder a bit. But he'll still be here thankfully next year. I like Jota, has goals in him, just needs to stay fit. Gapko has shown some good things, and is maybe the closest of the front guys to Bob, but needs more grit in his play, but promising. Diaz, hard to judge this season, barely played, could maybe put on a few pound. Nunez would worry me the most, has scored some goals, but missed many more targets, his general play, control, decision making has been surprisingly bad, for the huge outlay, but will likely get time. There is definitely ability there, what I don't 'yet' see is the understanding, the slick linkup, the work-rate, an obvious strongest three, things we had when we were winning trophies.

JĂźrgen looks wrecked. Saw a few pics and the odd interview, seems shattered after the season. Took a long time, and maybe a prompt from Pep/Stones to stumble on a plan to move TAA forward a bit at times, along with some players coming back, to put a decent end of season run of games together. Surprised we didn't move on some players last summer, maybe showing too much loyalty at times. Massive transfer window ahead, and unfortunately with how we've fallen away, there's almost no room for error. Needs to get the right players or drop the diplomacy with FSG.

On FSG, F**k em, wish they'd pissed off when they looked like they might, will have to bite that bullet sometime anyway. We've fallen back, and it was full square on the cards. Barcodes now another side with money behind them to compete against. Better the devil you know? Not F***ing necessarily. The soothing tales of how Bellingham would be coming, a nice little pipe dream floated for a bit, now well forgotten in the crash back down to reality - but oh yeah, in retrospect, it's much better to buy two good players instead of one top quality one, and how could we have been so stupid to think we could sign him in the first place.  Just stump up cash fucksticks, maybe JĂźrgen can work some magic, maybe we can close the gap that has widened, maybe the team can get back to challenging again, maybe our stock will rise, and maybe then you can stick the for sale sign back up again and be on yer bike.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #27: May 30, 2023 09:04:12 pm
      think the best we can do is put it to bed and concentrate how the idiots in Boston are going to fund JĂźrgen so he can compete with City, Chelsea, UTD, Arsenal, Newcastle, Spurs, and possibly Villa if they recruit well the top 4 is now 7 or 8 into 4 so its a massive summer for us.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,740 posts | 6716 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #28: May 31, 2023 09:15:00 am
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,521 posts | 1768 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #29: May 31, 2023 01:06:34 pm
      Folk's should remember there have been more sh*te seasons than good seasons over the 130 years history. l o l
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,289 posts | 763 
      Reply #30: May 31, 2023 01:58:11 pm
      A poor season by recent standards of the last few years. Perhaps a reality check ? Still by August we will all be looking forward to seeing the Reds in action and showing their true capabilities. Hopefully on the trail of more silverware in JĂźrgen's reign.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #31: May 31, 2023 03:06:43 pm
      As usual you come back with a cracking post.   :lmao: Such a way with words it’s impossible not to smile/laugh  ;D You know I’ve never hidden the fact we’re a average side so your not telling me anything I don’t know anyway. Take Casimiro out we’d be mid table.

However!!! Taking ÂŁ50 off you would make my fcuking year.   :D Can we discuss the bet once transfer window concluded?

100% mate, my choice would be a donation to the Head & Neck team @ Macmillan, their the ones who in my eyes are the true heroes, their the reason I’m still pissing ppl off by continuously breathing, and ultimately responsible for my inane drivel,

I hope tae F**k you lot don’t become awash with dollar, for me that would leave us standing alone as contenders of a building to win rather than buying to win football club, history says that you’re lot have spent Millions more than we have but in terms of success are only slightly behind, however, your clubs endeavour to get on a par with us has brought you full circle and are once again desperate to hang on to our coat tails, hence you’re lot pimping for a sugar daddy,

Ours of course are not the only coat tails you’re desperately trying to hang onto, you’re very noisy neighbours will particularly stick in your throat, but Arse, Chavs and the equally backed oily barcodes have aspirations to take alpha position 1,

You’re lot deservedly finished in a CL spot, but only because we weren’t in the mix, our mini rise from the ashes was alas too little too late but we were but a mere 8pts behind in your wake with ‘Toon’ in a red Sandwich between us,

This transfer window is colossal for us, like I mentioned, but it’s as important if not more for you’re lot, ETH has steadied your ship, the decks have been scrubbed everything looks clean and tidy, but underneath it’s a right f***in mess, and it’s gonna take Mi££ions more just to get you’re lot to catch up, again, you’re lot’s determination of a sugar daddy Zillionaire to drag you out of the sh*te,

New, or revamped Stadium, and a sh*t load of swinging dicks will set your lot back billions, can you see the Glazers spunking that kind of outlay, No, thought not, no doubt something will happen in due course, but who has the sort of financial clout to buy out the Glazers, it’s reported they are after North of £5bn but old Jimmy R and the other interested party can or have offered much less, so bit of a empasse at the moment with no solution being offered, and a fast approaching transfer window.

God speed Muther f**ker, the happy tranquil state of Mediocrity awaits !! 😁😁😁😁

YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #32: May 31, 2023 04:52:05 pm

100% mate, my choice would be a donation to the Head & Neck team @ Macmillan, their the ones who in my eyes are the true heroes, their the reason I’m still pissing ppl off by continuously breathing, and ultimately responsible for my inane drivel,

I hope tae f**k you lot don’t become awash with dollar, for me that would leave us standing alone as contenders of a building to win rather than buying to win football club, history says that you’re lot have spent Millions more than we have but in terms of success are only slightly behind, however, your clubs endeavour to get on a par with us has brought you full circle and are once again desperate to hang on to our coat tails, hence you’re lot pimping for a sugar daddy,

Ours of course are not the only coat tails you’re desperately trying to hang onto, you’re very noisy neighbours will particularly stick in your throat, but Arse, Chavs and the equally backed oily barcodes have aspirations to take alpha position 1,

You’re lot deservedly finished in a CL spot, but only because we weren’t in the mix, our mini rise from the ashes was alas too little too late but we were but a mere 8pts behind in your wake with ‘Toon’ in a red Sandwich between us,

This transfer window is colossal for us, like I mentioned, but it’s as important if not more for you’re lot, ETH has steadied your ship, the decks have been scrubbed everything looks clean and tidy, but underneath it’s a right f***in mess, and it’s gonna take Mi££ions more just to get you’re lot to catch up, again, you’re lot’s determination of a sugar daddy Zillionaire to drag you out of the sh*te,

New, or revamped Stadium, and a sh*t load of swinging dicks will set your lot back billions, can you see the Glazers spunking that kind of outlay, No, thought not, no doubt something will happen in due course, but who has the sort of financial clout to buy out the Glazers, it’s reported they are after North of £5bn but old Jimmy R and the other interested party can or have offered much less, so bit of a empasse at the moment with no solution being offered, and a fast approaching transfer window.

God speed Muther F**ker, the happy tranquil state of Mediocrity awaits !! 😁😁😁😁

YNWA

Not thought of where my winnings will go yet 🤑😛 I’ll think about that once the window closed and we confirm bet.

The way I think about an oily takeover is regardless of my opinion nothing I can do about it anyway. The days of me jumping on the moral high ground are well and truly gone. However, will always respect those that disagree and would walk away from the sport because of it, sadly I can’t do it, once a red! always a red. 🥰 think you may of heard of that saying before. 😂

You’re right the window is massive for you but the vibes I pick up from social media and what your club saying is that you won’t be hitting big in the summer window. Pretty sure both our teams will be in top 6 though. I generally do a thread after window closed on how we assess top 6.

I have doubts Glazers will do a complete sell out of the club but can only hope. 🙏

Much as United will get plenty of stick if we do become a state own club I’ll take it on the chin, not that I have a choice. Least it will bring plenty of new jobs into the city if our noisy neighbours are anything to go by.

Taking a nifty out of your pocket will ease all that pain I went through after that 7-0 bashing 🤢 Bring on the summer signings. Looks like you’ve locked up your first with MacAllister.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,526 posts | 719 
      Reply #33: May 31, 2023 10:28:20 pm
      we fu**ed ourselves in that mid season when we lost  to Forest, Leeds, 3-1 to Brentford, 3-0 to Brighton, 3-0 to Wolves, beating Man u 7-0 then losing 1-0 to Bournemouth the following week. Not to mention all the draws against crap teams.

This season was so monumentally bad.

Yet when the smoke has settled, you look at the table and realize if we had 2 more wins, we would have been in the champions league.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,248 posts | 746 
      Reply #34: May 31, 2023 11:53:59 pm
      A season cast into the dustbin of history. With the exception of the keeper the players were abject. Too often the attitude was borderline arrogance, playing as if just turning up was enough...well it never has been, and never will be. We basically sleepwalked through most of the campaign. Of course we can all pick and choose from a multitude of possible reasons.....but whatever they were/are it wasn't acceptable. I don't mean the results, I mean the lack of effort, no fight...the zombie style of play. We witnessed a belated return of form towards the end, grinding out wins, albeit not especially pretty to the eye. I feel we've seen the end of Klopp phase 1, and now we are at the start, a crossroad, into Klopp phase 2. Exciting times ahead as always, and once we click there will be no stopping us...again.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #35: Jun 01, 2023 09:02:32 am
      the more time goes on the more we will reflect on just how much 2021/22 took out of the lads and now 2022/23 is done lets leave it there at the end of the day we won the two least significant trophies available to us.
      We have seen in the past few months they have got their heads straight and with a few QUALITY signings we should be able to challenge again but we cant afford to sign mediocrity .
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,289 posts | 763 
      Reply #36: Jun 01, 2023 11:15:43 am
      I think FSG would do well to heed the above advice, we cannot afford to sign mediocrity. You only get what you pay for, the club need quality players to achieve winning trophies, even if it means splashing out more cash, on the right sort of players.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #37: Jun 01, 2023 12:06:33 pm
      Not thought of where my winnings will go yet 🤑😛 I’ll think about that once the window closed and we confirm bet.

The way I think about an oily takeover is regardless of my opinion nothing I can do about it anyway. The days of me jumping on the moral high ground are well and truly gone. However, will always respect those that disagree and would walk away from the sport because of it, sadly I can’t do it, once a red! always a red. 🥰 think you may of heard of that saying before. 😂

You’re right the window is massive for you but the vibes I pick up from social media and what your club saying is that you won’t be hitting big in the summer window. Pretty sure both our teams will be in top 6 though. I generally do a thread after window closed on how we assess top 6.

I have doubts Glazers will do a complete sell out of the club but can only hope. 🙏

Much as United will get plenty of stick if we do become a state own club I’ll take it on the chin, not that I have a choice. Least it will bring plenty of new jobs into the city if our noisy neighbours are anything to go by.

Taking a nifty out of your pocket will ease all that pain I went through after that 7-0 bashing 🤢 Bring on the summer signings. Looks like you’ve locked up your first with MacAllister.

Seems to me Keith that you’re fat arse is firmly wedged on the fence, being a old Cnut just like myself I thought maybe you’d want a kind of happy medium kinda situation where monies would be available if and only when required, and not be like you’re noisier neighbours who spend just for the sake of it, or as preventative measures, buying players so other club’s can’t, we seen that with Phillips from Leeds, you can’t tell me he was brought in as a key player and to feature prominently as a DM,

this is what happens when the greedy cnuts amongst us get even greedier, and the player himself jumped ship for the money and not to enhance his playing career, I guess though, pot , kettle and black would be the best analogy on this occasion, cos no one, absolutely no one would want it any different if it were your club, ‘Once a Red, always a Red’ you say and is right, you’ll support your club whatever state its in,

I can’t sit here and say I would walk away if some oily lot bought out FSG, and gave us what the Fraudster’s have, of course I wouldn’t, I won’t like it but I’m hardly going to start a protest March against it, in a ideal world, my ‘happy medium’ situation if you want, is having the dollar there if you want it, bring in those who will have you competing every season for top honours, and when you feel a player needs replacing, you can easily afford to do so, without the use of any begging bowl or having to sell to buy,

We know that only too well, and why we will never be like City, nor Chavs, or indeed Newcastle, albeit they have yet to delve deeper into their bottomless pit, and you f***in lot if some sugar daddy gives you a facial,

Dunno what you’re reading Fat boy, but from where I’m at, I think this window could turn out to be the biggest yet from FSG, and dare I say one of thee most pivotal, not since Virgil & Ali have we splashed out the kind of money that’s loose change for the Oily’s,

We’re losing at least four, well five if you count Arthur, who we’ll need to replace, and at a high quality, amongst those will be our marquee players perhaps 2-3, particularly in midfield, and there’s always a ‘F**k me’ didn’t see that one coming, from Jürgen, he doesn’t buy sh*te so expect a eye opener or two, we seen the emergence of young Bajcetic from the academy, and trust me when I say, he won’t be the only one emerging from the Axa, we have returnee’s from loans, shout outs to Connor Bradley and Tyler Morton in particular,
      So underneath our surface we’re In pretty good shape, just need fresher legs and a pinch of experience and we’re good to go, can’t say that about you’re lot of pretender’s, sit back relax your Fattiness, and ask yourself who between us, the Real and proper Reds, are in better shape to challenge the Oily lot, and to deflate their dominance?

YNWA

Due diligence will have been done by now on those that have been targeted, now it’s just about negotiating deals
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #38: Jun 01, 2023 03:45:17 pm

Seems to me Keith that you’re fat arse is firmly wedged on the fence, being a old Cnut just like myself I thought maybe you’d want a kind of happy medium kinda situation where monies would be available if and only when required, and not be like you’re noisier neighbours who spend just for the sake of it, or as preventative measures, buying players so other club’s can’t, we seen that with Phillips from Leeds, you can’t tell me he was brought in as a key player and to feature prominently as a DM,

this is what happens when the greedy cnuts amongst us get even greedier, and the player himself jumped ship for the money and not to enhance his playing career, I guess though, pot , kettle and black would be the best analogy on this occasion, cos no one, absolutely no one would want it any different if it were your club, ‘Once a Red, always a Red’ you say and is right, you’ll support your club whatever state its in,

I can’t sit here and say I would walk away if some oily lot bought out FSG, and gave us what the Fraudster’s have, of course I wouldn’t, I won’t like it but I’m hardly going to start a protest March against it, in a ideal world, my ‘happy medium’ situation if you want, is having the dollar there if you want it, bring in those who will have you competing every season for top honours, and when you feel a player needs replacing, you can easily afford to do so, without the use of any begging bowl or having to sell to buy,

We know that only too well, and why we will never be like City, nor Chavs, or indeed Newcastle, albeit they have yet to delve deeper into their bottomless pit, and you f***in lot if some sugar daddy gives you a facial,

Dunno what you’re reading Fat boy, but from where I’m at, I think this window could turn out to be the biggest yet from FSG, and dare I say one of thee most pivotal, not since Virgil & Ali have we splashed out the kind of money that’s loose change for the Oily’s,

We’re losing at least four, well five if you count Arthur, who we’ll need to replace, and at a high quality, amongst those will be our marquee players perhaps 2-3, particularly in midfield, and there’s always a ‘f**k me’ didn’t see that one coming, from Jürgen, he doesn’t buy sh*te so expect a eye opener or two, we seen the emergence of young Bajcetic from the academy, and trust me when I say, he won’t be the only one emerging from the Axa, we have returnee’s from loans, shout outs to Connor Bradley and Tyler Morton in particular,
      So underneath our surface we’re In pretty good shape, just need fresher legs and a pinch of experience and we’re good to go, can’t say that about you’re lot of pretender’s, sit back relax your Fattiness, and ask yourself who between us, the Real and proper Reds, are in better shape to challenge the Oily lot, and to deflate their dominance?

YNWA

Due diligence will have been done by now on those that have been targeted, now it’s just about negotiating deals

Not sure it matters where my “fat arse”  is sat because at the end of the day my opinion counts for nothing, like yours we’re just fans that want what’s best for the club, that’s in a ideal world which simply doesn’t exist anymore.

The happy medium as you call it is another word for the good old days! Billy they’re gone. 🤢 we have to admit defeat and except what’s going to happen will happen. We’re just working class people that voice an opinion and the fat cat’s pretend to listen and take note but they never do.

I’m glad you admit like me the chances of you walking away are very slim. Those that will walk away ( not many ) and there will be some I take my hat off to them in a way because no one can argue fundamentally they’re wrong. Much as I like being a dinosaur and don’t want change it’s happening, the underlying issues we have in football isn’t going away.

Obviously we’re reading from different hymn sheets re signing, I agree it’s the most pivotal for you but I just don’t see any big names coming in the summer window. MacAllister will be your highest in regards monetary terms, good player he is but from the evidence of what I’ve seen of him so far not world class. If any of us are to catch city we both need world class signings.

I don’t think you are in good shape, I think like United it’s just ok at the moment. Unfortunately I have to look at how the noisy neighbours are doing and make comparisons with them, sadly as thing stand now mate United & Liverpool got some catching up to do. The only way our respective clubs are going to do that is get new owners. I actually think if/when United are sold 🤞🤞🤞  you may get an offer.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,319 posts | 1523 
      Reply #39: Jun 03, 2023 12:40:12 pm
      Not sure it matters where my “fat arse”  is sat because at the end of the day my opinion counts for nothing, like yours we’re just fans that want what’s best for the club, that’s in a ideal world which simply doesn’t exist anymore.

The happy medium as you call it is another word for the good old days! Billy they’re gone. 🤢 we have to admit defeat and except what’s going to happen will happen. We’re just working class people that voice an opinion and the fat cat’s pretend to listen and take note but they never do.

I’m glad you admit like me the chances of you walking away are very slim. Those that will walk away ( not many ) and there will be some I take my hat off to them in a way because no one can argue fundamentally they’re wrong. Much as I like being a dinosaur and don’t want change it’s happening, the underlying issues we have in football isn’t going away.

Obviously we’re reading from different hymn sheets re signing, I agree it’s the most pivotal for you but I just don’t see any big names coming in the summer window. MacAllister will be your highest in regards monetary terms, good player he is but from the evidence of what I’ve seen of him so far not world class. If any of us are to catch city we both need world class signings.

I don’t think you are in good shape, I think like United it’s just ok at the moment. Unfortunately I have to look at how the noisy neighbours are doing and make comparisons with them, sadly as thing stand now mate United & Liverpool got some catching up to do. The only way our respective clubs are going to do that is get new owners. I actually think if/when United are sold 🤞🤞🤞  you may get an offer.

Regardless of your owner Keith, although they’ve taken millions from the finances for themselves, which is why they’re in business, I can’t remember many players your lot have been after, that they’ve refused the funds for. Unlike our lot, whose financial constraints are a lot lower.
      It’s really about having the right manager, to make the right choices. Klopp seems better in that respect but ten Haag seem like an improvement for you lot.
      All said and done, neither club will be able to match cities spending without the oil money, or cheating the FFP, or both, just as city have done 🤷‍♂️
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,158 posts | 8544 
      Reply #40: Jul 29, 2023 05:19:10 pm
      Our season review could be summed up as utter sh*t, but, we also twatted the mancs 7-0.

Yeah that's my highlight.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,289 posts | 763 
      Reply #41: Jul 29, 2023 05:50:38 pm
      Our season was poor to say the least, especially judging by previous seasons. It may need a bit of time for our new players to settle in, although not too long ! There will be high expectations from the off and another mediocre term will be unacceptable to the majority of fans.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #42: Jul 29, 2023 06:36:28 pm
      Our season review could be summed up as utter sh*t, but, we also twatted the mancs 7-0.

Yeah that's my highlight.

Mine was you not getting CL  :f_whistle:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #43: Jul 29, 2023 09:24:14 pm

Think you’ll make it out of the group stage Slim ?? 🤣🤣
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44: Jul 29, 2023 09:56:17 pm

Think you’ll make it out of the group stage Slim ?? 🤣🤣

Not counting chickens mate that’s for sure, and no I wouldn’t bet it either. 😂 You know I’m pissed with summer signings. Probably be a blessing in disguise to get knocked out before group stages (( coz can’t win it )) and beat you lot! in one of the Europa rounds.   :lmao:
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #45: Jul 29, 2023 10:00:02 pm
      Not counting chickens mate that’s for sure, and no I wouldn’t bet it either. 😂 You know I’m pissed with summer signings. Probably be a blessing in disguise to get knocked out before group stages (( coz can’t win it )) and beat you lot! in one of the Europa rounds.   :lmao:

You probably thought that too in 15/16 when we sent you packing from Europa League mate 😚

Quick Reply