Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Curious Case of Jorg Schmadkte (Sporting Director)

Read 8476 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Jorg Schmadkte Appointed Sporting Director
      Reply #23: May 30, 2023 05:53:02 pm
      I'm saying the owners wouldn't give us money to spend. We'd have to raise our own money. Are you saying it's going to be otherwise this season? If yes how much are they giving us out of their own pocket? While you have hope, I've given up on extra transfer budget.

they may feel their investment (LFC) value could be under threat if we dont qualify for the CL so they may actually be pressured into spend some of "their" money but the point remains top 4 next season will be the most difficult task. Maybe if the club had not spunked Ā£8million on Arthur and god knows how much on Naby and Ox we might have a bit more cash to splash.
      sorry if I misread your post but the reality of the transfer market in 2023/24 is money will buy your place in the EPL.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #24: May 30, 2023 06:12:06 pm
      they may feel their investment (LFC) value could be under threat if we dont qualify for the CL so they may actually be pressured into spend some of "their" money but the point remains top 4 next season will be the most difficult task. Maybe if the club had not spunked Ā£8million on Arthur and god knows how much on Naby and Ox we might have a bit more cash to splash.
      sorry if I misread your post but the reality of the transfer market in 2023/24 is money will buy your place in the EPL.

Totally agree with you on the need to spend. Thereā€™s no question about this. While youā€™re hopeful about them spending ā€œtheirā€ own money, I tend to believe otherwise.

And how we are going to have a higher transfer budget is to ā€œtradeā€ players by buying low and selling high. As Mike Edwards has done. And the key man is this new guy.

We saw this in action before and so itā€™s nothing new. Just that paying Ā£16m for Mario who was believed to be worth Ā£40m resulted in a write off. But Mike Edwards restored a lot of faith with player trades like Dominic Solanke. And profiting Phil Coutinho for an insane sum. Sounds ridiculous but we saw such things play out. Without extra funding from the owners, you could grow your transfer kitty this way and hope that they do not ā€œcream offā€ your player profits to go build a bigger stand.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #25: May 30, 2023 06:22:11 pm
      3 month contract is a bit strange.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #26: May 30, 2023 06:25:12 pm

They are going to check if they click or not. Too experimental.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #27: May 30, 2023 06:27:17 pm

Seems more like a consultation for a period over summer window and then see what happens
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #28: May 30, 2023 06:34:35 pm
      Seems more like a consultation for a period over summer window and then see what happens

Hopefully he stays because that would mean that everyone is happy and we had a successful transfer period.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #29: May 30, 2023 06:52:14 pm

JĆ¼rgen looks in good nick with his broad smile and teeth gleaming in the late spring sunshine. As for the fella next to him... fingers crossed eh? I cannot help but feel good when I see the boss happy.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #30: May 30, 2023 07:20:16 pm
      Hopefully he stays because that would mean that everyone is happy and we had a successful transfer period.

It also is a sign to.me that JĆ¼rgen has got more power at the club
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #31: Jul 02, 2023 03:23:25 pm
      The twitterati and social media fans have made up their minds it seems

First day of work and the club had some camera filming showing him walking towards the Axa Trraining centre. Doesn't even look at the camera as he gets closer to entrance literally lokks sidewards at camera and snarls.

That'll do for me. 😂
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #32: Jul 02, 2023 03:49:01 pm
      First day of work and the club had some camera filming showing him walking towards the Axa Trraining centre. Doesn't even look at the camera as he gets closer to entrance literally lokks sidewards at camera and snarls.

That'll do for me. 😂
      That sounds pretty funny. Where can I see this?  :laugh:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #33: Jul 02, 2023 03:50:57 pm
      That sounds pretty funny. Where can I see this?  :laugh:

Seen a clip on twitter
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #34: Aug 05, 2023 01:41:33 pm
      What's views with this position. Why only 3 month? Progress so far ? Rumours spends most days in Ibiza ??
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #35: Aug 05, 2023 01:46:56 pm
      What's views with this position. Why only 3 month? Progress so far ? Rumours spends most days in Ibiza ??

Itā€™s very hard to judge without knowing whatā€™s going on in the background

How much work was done on MacAllister and Dom before he arrived or did he get it sorted etc
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #36: Aug 05, 2023 01:50:37 pm
      Itā€™s very hard to judge without knowing whatā€™s going on in the background

How much work was done on MacAllister and Dom before he arrived or did he get it sorted etc

Not having a dig at him as you say we haven't a clue what's going on . Could it be changes afoot around structure and ownership with partial sale or investment.  Really don't think Mcallister had anything to do with him maybe Dom though but were they not both release clause deals anyway ?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #37: Aug 05, 2023 05:56:55 pm
      Not having a dig at him as you say we haven't a clue what's going on . Could it be changes afoot around structure and ownership with partial sale or investment.  Really don't think Mcallister had anything to do with him maybe Dom though but were they not both release clause deals anyway ?

I can only think they want to spread the search for Wards replacement but who they want isnā€™t immediately available hence why Jorg came in or if itā€™s - 3 month trial to see if he is suited or wants it
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #38: Aug 05, 2023 10:14:44 pm
      f***in hell, the inkā€™s still wet on his contract and ppl canā€™t wait to pass judgment, give the bloke a chance ffs, i dunno but Iā€™m betting the paints still wet on his skirting boards in his new home too,

Judge the fella after a couple of summer windows at least, and not when heā€™s just in the f***in door!!!

YNWA
      Millsy75
      • Forum John Toshack

• 263 posts | 40 
      Reply #39: Aug 05, 2023 10:52:50 pm
      f***in hell, the inkā€™s still wet on his contract and ppl canā€™t wait to pass judgment, give the bloke a chance ffs, i dunno but Iā€™m betting the paints still wet on his skirting boards in his new home too,

Judge the fella after a couple of summer windows at least, and not when heā€™s just in the f***in door!!!

He couldnt find his arse with both hands

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #40: Aug 05, 2023 11:34:43 pm

And you know this what, after just a few months, i think youā€™ll find itā€™s more difficult to find your brain cells than it is for him to find players.

Have a nice day mate your special, the sunshine bus is waiting for ye !!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #41: Aug 05, 2023 11:44:38 pm

YNWA

He has a three month contract, if he doesnā€™t get this window right, there ainā€™t gonna be a couple summers.

Iā€™ll judge him at the end of his 3 monthsā€¦.heā€™s started strong but most people only remember how you finishā€¦ā€¦
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #42: Aug 05, 2023 11:51:39 pm
      No idea how good or otherwise he is at his job but the short deal has an air of someone we really want is out of contract soon and he can hold the fort?

Anyone with more knowledge on this then me know of any DoF who may be free come September?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #43: Aug 06, 2023 12:05:03 am
      No idea how good or otherwise he is at his job but the short deal has an air of someone we really want is out of contract soon and he can hold the fort?

Anyone with more knowledge on this then me know of any DoF who may be free come September?

I think itā€™s the Monaco guy Paul Mitchell we are after.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #44: Aug 06, 2023 12:08:37 am
      I think itā€™s the Monaco guy Paul Mitchell we are after.

That name did ring a bell and did just read that he's ready to leave Monaco once his successor is in place.

We'll see I'm sure but the Jorg appointment never seemed like a long term thing to me.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #45: Aug 06, 2023 07:48:40 am
      He has a three month contract, if he doesnā€™t get this window right, there ainā€™t gonna be a couple summers.

Iā€™ll judge him at the end of his 3 monthsā€¦.heā€™s started strong but most people only remember how you finishā€¦ā€¦

I wasnā€™t aware he was only here short term, my bad, but nonetheless give the bloke his time here then judge if heā€™s any good or not,
      This fella from Monaco, has he been pulling trees up for them and if so why is he leaving? And would he be any better than Jorg ??

YNWA

Quick Reply