Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Curious Case of Jorg Schmadkte (Sporting Director)

Read 8477 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      The Curious Case of Jorg Schmadkte (Sporting Director)
      May 30, 2023 10:04:08 am
      « Last Edit: Aug 14, 2023 06:51:14 pm by racerx34 »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Re: Jorg Schmadkte Appointed Sporting Director
      Reply #1: May 30, 2023 10:12:52 am
      Welcome to the club and good luck

Got big shoes to fill
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2: May 30, 2023 10:36:36 am
      Hope he know what he is doing and bring us success.

Welcome to the club Jorg.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #3: May 30, 2023 10:38:44 am
      Make us more transfer budget by buying players cheap and selling them off at high prices. Our transfer funds will not drop from the sky and therefore, we need you to grow it.

Welcome.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4: May 30, 2023 10:53:19 am
      Could be some players coming from Germany this summer. pure off the radar of the ITK's. l o l
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5: May 30, 2023 10:59:13 am
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #6: May 30, 2023 01:02:57 pm
      Makes sense, kind of like a probation but what we need is someone who has an eye for some bargains that are quality players worth several times that

No reason why we need to buy proven players from Brighton, we should be able to find them before hand
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #7: May 30, 2023 01:05:14 pm
      Surely we’re waiting on a long term target to become available if this is just a short term deal for a few months?
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #8: May 30, 2023 01:06:33 pm
      'Managers don't last long under Schmadtke'
      Sky Germany reporter Uli Kohler:
      "A great guy! He looks always like he doesn't like to talk very much.
      "The one thing is, everywhere he became a sporting director, the coach was fired after half a year, maybe a year.
      "I don't think that will happen to Jürgen Klopp because he was the guy behind this move for Schmadtke.
      "He is very experienced, he has a good sense of humour and he knows how to trade players. That's what Liverpool need."
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #9: May 30, 2023 01:16:18 pm
      Surely we’re waiting on a long term target to become available if this is just a short term deal for a few months?

It’s pretty much a probation to see if it works for both, if it works then he will be here long term. If not he’s helped in the summer window and we will look for someone new once the season has started

Hopefully he can bring in some players with a lot of good physical attributes with quality

We badly lack players with intensity through our whole midfield imo
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #10: May 30, 2023 01:57:25 pm
      get Bellingham signed and he will be a success but I dont care much either way you need money to buy players.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #11: May 30, 2023 02:52:38 pm
      'Managers don't last long under Schmadtke'
      Sky Germany reporter Uli Kohler:
      "A great guy! He looks always like he doesn't like to talk very much.
      "The one thing is, everywhere he became a sporting director, the coach was fired after half a year, maybe a year.
      "I don't think that will happen to Jürgen Klopp because he was the guy behind this move for Schmadtke.
      "He is very experienced, he has a good sense of humour and he knows how to trade players. That's what Liverpool need."

Maybe Jürgen has him in his pocket?
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #12: May 30, 2023 02:56:58 pm
      get Bellingham signed and he will be a success but I dont care much either way you need money to buy players.

Which we don't. Need one £? Sell a £. How do we have a bigger transfer fund? Buy a player at one £ and sell him at a multiple of it.

Our funding does not drop from the sky. We will need to grow it ourselves. Huge job for Jorg Schmadkte. You don't just spend what's given to you. You grow your own funding. Fund manager for football players. Maybe we should appoint Warren Buffet? Oh FSG won't pay!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #13: May 30, 2023 03:43:58 pm
      Which we don't. Need one £? Sell a £. How do we have a bigger transfer fund? Buy a player at one £ and sell him at a multiple of it.

Our funding does not drop from the sky. We will need to grow it ourselves. Huge job for Jorg Schmadkte. You don't just spend what's given to you. You grow your own funding. Fund manager for football players. Maybe we should appoint Warren Buffet? Oh FSG won't pay!

grow up it is the big league if you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen. Do you even begin to understand the size of this club and then having to survive against teams like Chelsea on crumbs. The Europa league maybe be a pipe dream this time next season whilst 6 or 7 clubs out spend us this summer.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #14: May 30, 2023 04:37:22 pm
      grow up it is the big league if you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen. Do you even begin to understand the size of this club and then having to survive against teams like Chelsea on crumbs. The Europa league maybe be a pipe dream this time next season whilst 6 or 7 clubs out spend us this summer.
      ...Or as Frank Bruno once said to Harry Carpenter;"If you can't stand the heat in the kitchen, get out of the area" Priceless
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #15: May 30, 2023 04:38:38 pm
      My understanding from what I've read is that he is purely there to broker deals, not to scout players. Believe he even made mention that Jürgen will be letting him know who he wants, and it's basically his job to go and get the deals done (as long as the prices are sanctioned by FSG). Seems odd to me to announce it as a 3 month deal. Seems to put a lot of pressure on this summer and why wouldn't you sign him up for longer if he's the right man for the job? It's got a bit of Fat Sam swooping in to save us from relegation feel to it. I'll keep an open mind though.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #16: May 30, 2023 04:48:58 pm
      The twitterati and social media fans have made up their minds it seems

ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #17: May 30, 2023 04:49:04 pm

I'm saying the owners wouldn't give us money to spend. We'd have to raise our own money. Are you saying it's going to be otherwise this season? If yes how much are they giving us out of their own pocket? While you have hope, I've given up on extra transfer budget.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #18: May 30, 2023 04:59:30 pm
      The twitterati and social media fans have made up their minds it seems

You spend an inordinate amount of time worrying about what people on twitter and other social media think about things. Some friendly advice...don't worry about it, it doesn't affect anything anyway. If he does a good job, it won't be because of anything any of us say or do and if he doesn't, the same is true. He can be judged once the summer is over.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #19: May 30, 2023 05:22:46 pm
      You spend an inordinate amount of time worrying about what people on twitter and other social media think about things. Some friendly advice...don't worry about it, it doesn't affect anything anyway. If he does a good job, it won't be because of anything any of us say or do and if he doesn't, the same is true. He can be judged once the summer is over.

Sorry I’m confused about what it has to do with you 🤷‍♂️

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #20: May 30, 2023 05:30:44 pm
      Sorry I’m confused about what it has to do with you 🤷‍♂️

Imagine being so arrogant that you think everything has to do with you and doesn't affect anyone else's use or enjoyment of the forum. Maybe you should put me on ignore if you aren't adult enough to be able to respond in a mature manner when someone refutes or otherwise critiques something you post. You do realize your opinions are no better than anyone else's right? Or do you not realize that?

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #21: May 30, 2023 05:38:21 pm
      Imagine being so arrogant that you think everything has to do with you and doesn't affect anyone else's use or enjoyment of the forum. Maybe you should put me on ignore if you aren't adult enough to be able to respond in a mature manner when someone refutes or otherwise critiques something you post. You do realize your opinions are no better than anyone else's right? Or do you not realize that?

You replied to me so in what way was it not to do with me even more so when you’re telling me what to do 🤷‍♂️

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #22: May 30, 2023 05:44:42 pm
      You replied to me so in what way was it not to do with me even more so when you’re telling me what to do 🤷‍♂️

One thing you have right, you think everything is about you.  :lmao:

Quick Reply