Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Alexis Mac Allister Player Thread (M)

Read 21853 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,072 posts | 3438 
      Re: Alexis Mac Allister Player Thread (M)
      Reply #253: Apr 02, 2024 09:51:40 am
      The turning point for macca this season was when Jürgen was forced to put Endo in at 6.

As soon as he got in his proper position the performances started to come. Chelsea at home was my standout so far but there have been many since december.

He is not a 6 and never will be. In emergency maybe. But why we wasted august to december with endo picking splinters out his backside and mac looking lost will always be a mystery.

Im sure there were reasons for it and it was not as black and white as it appeared. But for once, injuries were welcome as it forced Jürgen to play Endo and its fair to say neither player has looked back since.

One day people will realise that some players Klopp likes to ease into the team and some he feels can jump straight in
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #254: Apr 02, 2024 12:34:26 pm
      Wow and to think when he came, I thought to myself, this guys is not gonna fit us...how F***ing wrong was I?

He's a sensational player with calmness on the ball and the vision to go with it. He's potential has been unlocked by Endo holding down the DM position in spectacular fashion, allowing Mac to get further forward.
      Not the only one mate. In fairness, he was really poor in his first few games, kept getting caught out and putting us under pressure. Genuinely happened several times a game.

New position and all but still felt like he just wasn’t up to the standard. From then he has just kept improving. I don’t think it’s knee jerk either, he has been different class for months. An absolute joy to watch.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #255: Apr 02, 2024 01:37:13 pm
      Pure class. And comes across as a really likeable guy as well.

He's said in interviews his favourite position is further up the pitch in an attacking midfielder role a bit to the left. I find it interesting that he's playing on the right instead, but I guess it makes sense particularly with Trent out of the team, as Mac is probably the closest thing to him in the squad in terms of passing range and quality. The way he kept putting in quality balls to Mo was very reminiscent of Trent.

I think the player who suffers the most from that is Dom, he always seems more dangerous on the right than when he plays on the left side of midfield to me.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,545 posts | 1092 
      Reply #256: Apr 02, 2024 03:16:46 pm
      Watching Mac last season i felt he was abit slow ... especially taking how we usually play into account.

At the start of the season, in the wrong position i was convinced he was too slow ... to cover ground like a DM is expected to.

But further up the pitch, in his natural position its a different story. He drifts into space, is easy to find and the speed is in his head. Its like he sees things 2 or 3 passes ahead of time. Im not sure what he cost ... 35m or 50m but it was a total bargain. Seems a great guy in the dressing room too.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 850 posts | 166 
      Reply #257: Apr 02, 2024 03:59:57 pm
      He definitely didn't look right at the beginning in the 6 role, he's not suited to being the first man in that midfield to do the cover work defensively like an Endo is. Much better since he's been back, frees up Mac to push further forward, get more touches on the ball and dictate play.

This midfield trio we're seeing has a bit of everything to their game. You got the grit and hustle like work of Endo who snaps into everything, you have the coolness, forward thinking and vision of Mac to elegantly spray the ball about, then you have the engine and raw pace of Szobo and his shooting from range ability (which for me he could do more of at times). Then you have the things they all share in common due to the style and instructions from the manager, such as collective pressing and keeping possession.
      « Last Edit: Apr 02, 2024 04:06:03 pm by The-AllMightyReds »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #258: Apr 02, 2024 08:51:37 pm
      My motm on Sunday as he was F***ing brilliant. Some of them through balls to Salah were sublime.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6740 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #259: Apr 03, 2024 09:56:26 pm
      Stephen Warnock doesn't half talk some sh*te.

Could have stopped right there mate. Captain Obvious has no F***ing clue.

Can’t stand the c**t!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,540 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #260: Apr 04, 2024 04:10:41 pm

Can’t stand the c**t!

L o l. He is a wee bit annoying aye.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,298 posts | 765 
      Reply #261: Apr 04, 2024 04:17:48 pm
      Hope he continues the good work against Sheffield Utd, who are desperate for points, could see a good few goals, for the Reds !
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 850 posts | 166 
      Reply #262: Apr 04, 2024 04:57:27 pm

Can’t stand the c**t!

But he dresses up real smart every Monday morning and makes sure to come into the Sky Studio wearing those glasses of his he doesn't really need so he can pretend to look smarter than he actually is!!!
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,658 posts | 1592 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #263: Apr 04, 2024 11:21:47 pm
      Alexis - WOW !! What an amazing strike that was tonight and really sealed the win, explosive hit and worthy of a spot for goal of the season.

Wonderful stuff.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 850 posts | 166 
      Reply #264: Apr 04, 2024 11:30:40 pm
      Alexis - WOW !! What an amazing strike that was tonight and really sealed the win, explosive hit and worthy of a spot for goal of the season.

Wonderful stuff.

Unreal player. Is there anything he can't do? Except maybe beat someone like Virgil in the air.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 755 posts | 128 
      Reply #265: Apr 04, 2024 11:38:22 pm
      He's decent. Still has a long way to go to prove his £35m price tag.... does world class superstar Alexis Mac Allister....
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #266: Apr 04, 2024 11:47:01 pm
      He’s been amazing since day one, I’ve loved watching him. I’ve replayed his goal tonight over 100 times.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,024 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #267: Apr 05, 2024 09:01:05 am
      He's decent. Still has a long way to go to prove his £35m price tag.... does world class superstar Alexis Mac Allister....

Started  below average when he first came for me. However, these last few months he’s been literally your best player by a country mile. Mega mega impressed by his performances. That goal last nite world class for me. £35 million? Right now you could double that tag and probably more.

You lot make me fcukin 🤮 😂😂
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,298 posts | 765 
      Reply #268: Apr 05, 2024 11:07:26 am
      He has been a brilliant signing, without any doubt.
      Harrisimo

• 8,292 posts | 1403 
      Reply #269: Apr 05, 2024 11:16:10 am
      Probing, looking for weaknesses. Very cool and calm. More of a old school 'schemer' than an out and out playmaker. Good at picking the lock so to speak against a 7/8 man deep defense. Almost say he'd be a typical City player.

He's a contrast to our often barnstorming blitz type attacks. Can nail them as well, as has showed. Early on he was playing off the back 4 and holding. But now that Endo has emerged Mac is now in his best position. Front pushing probing No 6.

We did have problems breaking down packed defenses. City are the experts in that field but now we have a locksmith and he will get better at reading our runs and will pick the locks more often. Checkmate in 3 moves..
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6386 
      Reply #270: Apr 05, 2024 02:43:42 pm
      Not just signing of the season...player of the season at this point.
      Don77

• 6,545 posts | 1092 
      Reply #271: Apr 05, 2024 03:26:39 pm
      Loved his words on gakpo in the interview afterwards. Another motm performance on sunday hopefully.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 850 posts | 166 
      Reply #272: Apr 05, 2024 04:17:25 pm
      Loved his words on gakpo in the interview afterwards. Another motm performance on sunday hopefully.

Borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrring.

Can't we give someone else a go?   :f_tongueincheek:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6740 
      Reply #273: Apr 05, 2024 11:55:37 pm
      Started  below average when he first came for me. However, these last few months he’s been literally your best player by a country mile. Mega mega impressed by his performances. That goal last nite world class for me. £35 million? Right now you could double that tag and probably more.

You lot make me fcukin 🤮 😂😂

Maybe you should leave!   xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #274: Apr 06, 2024 12:22:46 am

Wasn’t below average at all, the people who say that obviously didn’t watch him. F***ing cu*ts.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6740 
      Reply #275: Apr 06, 2024 03:49:36 am
      Wasn’t below average at all, the people who say that obviously didn’t watch him. F***ing cu*ts.

Exactly, new Club, not his fave position, needed to adjust to a new Club, Culture, set of Fans and the way WE play.

Even the Classy ones take a bit of time to adjust.

Hands up, I had my doubts after his first few games but I never watched him before or knew anything off him, other then he was in a WC winning squad with Messi.  He's impressed the hell out of me.

Quick Reply