Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Dominik Szoboszlai Player Thread (M)

Read 25623 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,070 posts | 3436 
      Re: Dominik Szoboszlai Player Thread (M)
      Reply #276: Apr 07, 2024 06:56:39 pm
      His lack of good performances since a bright start of the season is cause for concern!
      Which coming into a new league in his first season under Klopp is to be expected
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,316 posts | 775 
      Reply #277: Apr 07, 2024 06:58:13 pm
      Do you honestly think that fans on this forum are going to keep schtum?...any player under par is going to get stick...especially today with all the fu*king emotion around......what bit of that is so difficult for you to understand?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,070 posts | 3436 
      Reply #278: Apr 07, 2024 06:58:58 pm
      Do you honestly think that fans on this forum are going to keep schtum?...any player under par is going to get stick...especially today with all the fu*king emotion around......what bit of that is so difficult for you to understand?

https://x.com/jimboardman/status/1777028460742906124?s=46&t=_4uI6CiVRqge8WqM7F37Iw

Highlights it very well
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,486 posts | 217 
      Reply #279: Apr 07, 2024 06:59:15 pm
      Think the season has caught up to him as but that was expected as he was new into the league

With jones back, we can hopefully rotate now to help his work load
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,316 posts | 775 
      Reply #280: Apr 07, 2024 06:59:30 pm
      Which coming into a new league in his first season under Klopp is to be expected
      No player gets a free pass.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,070 posts | 3436 
      Reply #281: Apr 07, 2024 07:00:05 pm

Itā€™s not a ā€œfree passā€ - itā€™s showing understanding
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,316 posts | 775 
      Reply #282: Apr 07, 2024 07:01:05 pm
      Think the season has caught up to him as but that was expected as he was new into the league

With jones back, we can hopefully rotate now to help his work load
      He didn't Tw*t it over the bar from 6 yards because he was tired!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,070 posts | 3436 
      Reply #283: Apr 07, 2024 07:03:34 pm
      He didn't Tw*t it over the bar from 6 yards because he was tired!

That was Diaz
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,545 posts | 1092 
      Reply #284: Apr 07, 2024 07:04:58 pm
      I dont think Dom played great today. Its been an up and down first season. Injuries as well.

Not using hindsight.  I said prematch id have played Jones today. This is the business end and i think Jones has been better this year.

We got plenty wrong today including team selection. How we are going to win these last 7 and turn round a 10 deficit in GD ive no idea.

City will put about 7 past luton next weekend and arsenal will win easy against wolves. These teams are clinical.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #285: Apr 07, 2024 07:27:48 pm
      He hasnā€™t hit the form we saw in the first couple of months has he. Am pretty sure Jones will be starting more games than not from here on in.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,316 posts | 775 
      Reply #286: Apr 07, 2024 07:29:46 pm
      I can read a name on the back of a shirt he smacked one over the bar from 6/8/10 yards....
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,070 posts | 3436 
      Reply #287: Apr 07, 2024 07:30:39 pm
      I can read a name on the back of a shirt he smacked one over the bar from 6/8/10 yards....

Iā€™m guessing you mean the shot from outside the box which went over the bar
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,882 posts | 421 
      Reply #288: Apr 07, 2024 07:33:16 pm

Felt the usual suspects were getting the pelters while Dom seemed to be avoiding any criticism. Glad it's not just me that's been scratching my head wondering what's gone wrong there.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,070 posts | 3436 
      Reply #289: Apr 07, 2024 07:42:32 pm
      Felt the usual suspects were getting the pelters while Dom seemed to be avoiding any criticism. Glad it's not just me that's been scratching my head wondering what's gone wrong there.

He still has covered more of the ground than anyone else in the team , has suffered a few injures and itā€™s his first season in a new league

It seems that some fans expect the players to never have a drop in form

The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 850 posts | 165 
      Reply #290: Apr 07, 2024 08:02:09 pm
      Distinctively average ever since the Chelsea thumping, seems to have gotten over his injury so must just be a patch of poor form. 

I'm sure he'll get back up to speed but the early comparisons were never gonna do the lad any benefit.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts | 299 
      Reply #291: Apr 07, 2024 08:38:22 pm
      We dominated United today because we won the midfield battle. They were unable to get any passing movements going, we were taking the ball off them constantly.

I thought Szoboszlai and the other midfielders were good today. He missed a few opportunities to score but unfortunately almost every attacking  player in the team missed chances today.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,658 posts | 1592 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #292: Apr 07, 2024 09:37:32 pm
      Love Dom to bits, lots of competition for midfield places, maybe just maybe he's trying a little bit too hard, huge season for him with it being his first season and I'm sure after a full pre-season he'll come into his own and we'll see the very best of him in the future, not that I don't think he's been boss this season.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,882 posts | 421 
      Reply #293: Apr 07, 2024 10:06:34 pm
      Love Dom to bits, lots of competition for midfield places, maybe just maybe he's trying a little bit too hard, huge season for him with it being his first season and I'm sure after a full pre-season he'll come into his own and we'll see the very best of him in the future, not that I don't think he's been boss this season.

Let's hope so!!
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,569 posts | 732 
      Reply #294: Apr 08, 2024 01:39:48 am

Critiquing a players performance is fine. But it usually goes over the top. A player immediately becomes completely useless, shouldn't have been signed, needs to leave the club asap, 'not as good as we first thought'. I'm still reminded of the 6 match spell of Jota coming back from injury where he scored 1 goal, and a bunch of people wanted him sold in the summer. Claiming her was never good to begin with.

Kneejerk FC.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6738 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #295: Apr 08, 2024 08:33:14 am
      I reckon he would have put at least 2 out of 4 of them chances away, had he been playing for Hungary!

:couch:
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 850 posts | 165 
      Reply #296: Apr 08, 2024 11:48:25 am
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6386 
      Reply #297: Apr 08, 2024 02:41:03 pm

He still looks like a top player to me. Was very lively early on, a little bit of luck and he scores for us early. Still really glad we've got him.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,658 posts | 1592 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #298: Apr 08, 2024 10:09:02 pm
      He still looks like a top player to me. Was very lively early on, a little bit of luck and he scores for us early. Still really glad we've got him.

Me too FL Red, he's an absolute superb player, I'm not sure what some people expect.

Quick Reply