Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

New Era

Read 1195 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      New Era
      Jul 26, 2023 08:49:41 am
      Im all in now with this re-build.

And I suspect this the club & klopp have also decided aye lets start this new young team now. 1st time klopp has built a new team at same club (I think)?

So have been willing to let the so called older guys leave this summer.

Dont remember a time at LFC apart from maybe the souness days, where we have let so many senior players leave at the same time.

Bobbi, Milner, Hendo, OX, Fab & Naby. 6 major players of the last decade.

Confident it will end well unlike the souness days. l o l

Its exciting times to be sure.  :)

tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 237 
      Re: New Era
      Reply #1: Jul 26, 2023 09:07:18 am
      Yes agree its good(sad) to see some older players leaving club, but with only 2 incomings till today.

We should be aiming for 2 more midfielders (Caicedo + Lavia), RB, CB...

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2: Jul 26, 2023 09:22:50 am
      Yes agree its good(sad) to see some older players leaving club, but with only 2 incomings till today.

We should be aiming for 2 more midfielders (Caicedo + Lavia), RB, CB...

Im confident we will get 1 or 2 more.

But we are also promoting from the youth which IMO is always the most fun and most rewarding to see.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,374 posts | 2821 
      Reply #3: Jul 26, 2023 09:31:41 am
      I'm not sure there's been a particular change in thinking from Jürgen. It's well known that he doesn't want players around who would rather be elsewhere. That and also the fact that there were loads of reports he wanted to keep Firmino, Milner and Henderson for longer so I think the situation has been more forced on Jürgen than anything.

I think we will benefit long term from this but my expectations are quite low for this coming season. The new players will need time to adjust and it will take time for the new leaders to come through. That and the fact there are question marks over all four of our centre halves is a worry.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #4: Jul 26, 2023 09:47:33 am
      I'm not convinced it was planned for a full rebuild starting this summer but the moves for Henderson and Fabinho probably forced out hand.

Jürgen and the recruitment team are definitely in the process of rebuilding his next side here but I would have expected it to be a bit more gradual.

Having said that I'm excited. Even if it take this next season to bed a lot of new players in we could see the benefit in the long run. I do feel however we will still got the ground running as in MacAllister and Szoboszlai we have two experienced players to drop into midfield and add Trent's new role and Gakpo etc in the front line well still have one of the best teams in the league.

Roll on game one for me
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #5: Jul 26, 2023 09:58:42 am
      I'm not sure there's been a particular change in thinking from Jürgen. It's well known that he doesn't want players around who would rather be elsewhere. That and also the fact that there were loads of reports he wanted to keep Firmino, Milner and Henderson for longer so I think the situation has been more forced on Jürgen than anything.

I think we will benefit long term from this but my expectations are quite low for this coming season. The new players will need time to adjust and it will take time for the new leaders to come through. That and the fact there are question marks over all four of our centre halves is a worry.

Yea. I know what your saying there he wouldnt have wanted to lose those guys but as you say if they decide to go, he never holds them back.

CB is a wee concern, we could be doing with another one, unless were keeping Philips and promoting a younger guy to play early cup games?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #6: Jul 26, 2023 09:59:46 am
      I'm not convinced it was planned for a full rebuild starting this summer but the moves for Henderson and Fabinho probably forced out hand.

Jürgen and the recruitment team are definitely in the process of rebuilding his next side here but I would have expected it to be a bit more gradual.

Having said that I'm excited. Even if it take this next season to bed a lot of new players in we could see the benefit in the long run. I do feel however we will still got the ground running as in MacAllister and Szoboszlai we have two experienced players to drop into midfield and add Trent's new role and Gakpo etc in the front line well still have one of the best teams in the league.

Roll on game one for me

Yea thats what Im saying, not planned for but now all in, kind of a fuk it mode, lets do it now. full re-build.

Im excited too we have some brilliant new players.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #7: Jul 26, 2023 10:16:26 am
      Jürgen hasn't made a conscious decision to rebuild to this extent.
      Didn't plan to move on Hendo and Fab. Milly, yes.   
      Ox and Keita won't really be missed on the pitch, but they are midfield bodies/options. Thiago might also end up leaving.
      So that's 5, possibly 6 midfielders gone from last season.
      Ideally would transition rather than move lots out / lots in. But it is what it is.
      With all the change in the middle would be more hopeful than expectant for next season.
      But longer term it's a good thing that we are bringing in younger players, who will hopefully show their worth.
      And Jürgen might stay a little bit longer than planned to bring them along.
      But loosing these players, particularly Hendo and Fab, does feel like the end of an era.
      But if anyone can work their magic on the new boys and get them integrated and gelled as quick as possible, it's Jürgen.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #8: Jul 26, 2023 10:34:42 am
      In all honesty, I think the rebuild started January 22 with the arrival of Diaz and then moved forward last summer with the front line. Mane, Origi and Minamino all left with Nunez, Carvalho and Gakpo coming in during the course of the season. And then Bobby left this summer.

So from the start of the 21-22 season our front line was Salah, Mane, Firmino, Jota, Minamino and Origi, within two years it's Salah, Jota, Diaz, Nunez, Gakpo.

Now it's the turn of the midfield. I'm sure in an ideal world Jürgen would of liked the midfield rebuild to of been done over the same time frame as the front three but it hasn't worked that way thanks to contracts running out and Saudi coming at the same time. But what having to address the entire midfield in one transfer window might do is bring forward the rebuild of the back line by a window or two.

I'm not as down as most about the midfielders we've lost because I don't think those we've lost (or about to lose) were/are contributing greatly to the team any more. Keita and Chamberlain are no loss whatsoever. I don't think Milner on the pitch is a loss and that role could be more beneficial to a younger player getting minutes of first team football. Fabinho, I've never rated that much anyway. And Henderson as an on-field presence will be a loss but if we can get somebody to fill that presence as well as actually contribute more in terms of goals and assists then I don't think people will be complaining for long about our skipper leaving.

And while we are losing players who've played hundreds of the games for the club, we're not going into the new season with a bunch of untested youngsters. We've brought in a World Cup winner and an international captain as well as the lads who are already at the club who've won major trophies (and played key parts in us doing that) with the club. The only really inexperienced area will be the holding midfielder as Bajcetic, Morton and Lavia (if he arrives) haven't had much first team football.

Ultimately I think by the start of the 25-26 season, the midfielders we've lost this summer would of been out the club anyway. It's just all come at once rather than a gradual changing of the guard.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #9: Jul 26, 2023 10:55:07 am
      Jürgen hasn't made a conscious decision to rebuild to this extent.
      Didn't plan to move on Hendo and Fab. Milly, yes.   
      Ox and Keita won't really be missed on the pitch, but they are midfield bodies/options. Thiago might also end up leaving.
      So that's 5, possibly 6 midfielders gone from last season.
      Ideally would transition rather than move lots out / lots in. But it is what it is.
      With all the change in the middle would be more hopeful than expectant for next season.
      But longer term it's a good thing that we are bringing in younger players, who will hopefully show their worth.
      And Jürgen might stay a little bit longer than planned to bring them along.
      But loosing these players, particularly Hendo and Fab, does feel like the end of an era.
      But if anyone can work their magic on the new boys and get them integrated and gelled as quick as possible, it's Jürgen.

Yea I think it feels like end of an Era because of so many senior lads going at same time.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #10: Jul 26, 2023 10:57:11 am
      In all honesty, I think the rebuild started January 22 with the arrival of Diaz and then moved forward last summer with the front line. Mane, Origi and Minamino all left with Nunez, Carvalho and Gakpo coming in during the course of the season. And then Bobby left this summer.

So from the start of the 21-22 season our front line was Salah, Mane, Firmino, Jota, Minamino and Origi, within two years it's Salah, Jota, Diaz, Nunez, Gakpo.

Now it's the turn of the midfield. I'm sure in an ideal world Jürgen would of liked the midfield rebuild to of been done over the same time frame as the front three but it hasn't worked that way thanks to contracts running out and Saudi coming at the same time. But what having to address the entire midfield in one transfer window might do is bring forward the rebuild of the back line by a window or two.

I'm not as down as most about the midfielders we've lost because I don't think those we've lost (or about to lose) were/are contributing greatly to the team any more. Keita and Chamberlain are no loss whatsoever. I don't think Milner on the pitch is a loss and that role could be more beneficial to a younger player getting minutes of first team football. Fabinho, I've never rated that much anyway. And Henderson as an on-field presence will be a loss but if we can get somebody to fill that presence as well as actually contribute more in terms of goals and assists then I don't think people will be complaining for long about our skipper leaving.

And while we are losing players who've played hundreds of the games for the club, we're not going into the new season with a bunch of untested youngsters. We've brought in a World Cup winner and an international captain as well as the lads who are already at the club who've won major trophies (and played key parts in us doing that) with the club. The only really inexperienced area will be the holding midfielder as Bajcetic, Morton and Lavia (if he arrives) haven't had much first team football.

Ultimately I think by the start of the 25-26 season, the midfielders we've lost this summer would of been out the club anyway. It's just all come at once rather than a gradual changing of the guard.

Spot on about re-build starting with Diaz and Gapko.

As you say the MF re-build has now been accelerated for various reasons.

And your perhaps right, we may have to wait till the next couple of windows for the defensive rebuild to complete.

Completely new team by 2025.  :holyshit:
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,694 posts | 3713 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #11: Jul 26, 2023 11:53:52 am
      We had to because some players were past their best or super injury-prone.

In Klopp I trust that we will challenge again in two years time.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 764 
      Reply #12: Jul 26, 2023 12:17:33 pm
      It will be like having a new team, with so many changes in personnel. Hopefully bringing more success under Jürgen Klopp. An interesting and challenging season ahead for players and fans.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #13: Jul 26, 2023 01:17:03 pm
      I think between Si & Billy they have cracked it, losing Hendo and Fab has probably brought us forward one window albeit we started the rebuild two seasons later than what we should have, does that make sense ?

basically what I’m getting at is we lost two windows due to covid and we are catching up, Hendo & Fab going this window has more or less brought us up to speed, Brezi mentioned he can’t remember a turn around like this, so quickly, nor can I to be fair, it’s different from the Souey days where the old style was arguably easier to manage, with Jürgen’s system he only brings in those who fit his style, practically hand picking this suited for specific roles, so therefore targets are harder to come by, or he has to wait until they become available,

Billy alluded to Diaz coming in for Mane, Gakpo for Bobby, Nunez for Divock etc etc, although Carvalho was for me a working progress and one for further down the line, the blossoming of Curtis is a bonus imo as too is the emergence of Bacjetic, wee Harvey is a odd one, not sure exactly where he fits in, however he’s young enough yet to develop into perhaps cover for Gary, who knows ?

With Gary and Szoboslai we have two players already familiar with a Klopp like system from their previous employers as Si correctly points out, and like him I thought either the winter window or next summer’s window would have seen the final pieces of the jigsaw materialised,

It’s looking likely now that Lavia will come thru the door next, he’s obviously very keen on moving and Saints want as much as they can get for him, and I think he will indeed arrive, and that will be that for this window me feels, unless of course Jürgen pulls a rabbit ?

Again Si you are correct in saying it’s possible it could be next season before we taste the fruits of labour, however I think if all the stars align, and there’s no reason they won’t, I can envisage us right in the mix this campaign, we will of course have a few teething problems which will be perfectly normal,

But once the machine starts to find its rhythm, once we start to build confidence and belief who knows where we could end up, last season lack of energy cost us hugely, we no longer have that problem, we were but a few points short of CL football, again that won’t be a problem this season, so we’re looking at top 4 minimal, and if you dare to put your head on the block like i am then you’ll say we’re winning it,

But I’ll say that at the beginning of every season, even though deepest down i know we probably won’t, bit different these days though, cos I’m a believer and I believe we will be right up there in the mix annoying the sh*te out of Pep G, we’re his nemesis, and we don’t bottle out of anything, and we have Jürgen Klopp best manager on the planet orchestrating our reprisal!!

YNWA

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #14: Jul 26, 2023 08:43:28 pm
      At the end of last season we all knew changes were afoot, once we learned that the out tray held the names of Messer’s, Milner, Keita, Chanberlain, &  Firmino, and subsequently, Fabinho & Henderson, so we were looking at four initially, replacements coming in, we’ve completed two, with one more imminent, (Lavia)

However if my maths are correct, and discounting partial dementia, we’re three short, but are we ??

On paper, we can count Luis Diaz, Diego Jota, Stefan Bajcetic, as another 3 newish signings with Curtis Jones, to a extent added, without stating the obvious we didn’t have those players for the majority of last season, so in effect they could be regarded as new signings, with Tyler Morton & Conor Bradley back from loans they also could be considered as new players coming in,

So again if my maths are correct that’s essentially six out and six in, equilibrium right there, and therefore once Lavia signs on that dotted line, our transfer window will close, job done !!

We’re three weeks away from the BIG KO, and I just can’t f***in wait, we are in for one hell of a exciting nine months, by which we could have No 20, No 4, No 9, No10, especially the first two, potentially the whole F**k off lot, a different kind of quadruple ?? 😁😁😁😁😁😁

YNWA

Quick Reply