Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Jordan Henderson -> Al Ettifaq

Read 26666 times
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 755 posts | 127 
      Jul 10, 2023 11:41:30 am

Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson is in "very advanced" talks with a Saudi Arabian club, according to one report.

33-year-old Henderson made 43 appearances for the Reds in all competitions in 2022/23, including 35 in the Premier League, but faces added competition going into the new campaign following the signings of Alexis Mac Allister and Dominik Szoboszlai.
      Liverpool's midfield rebuild may not be finished with the £95m outlay either. Reports suggest that Jürgen Klopp and the club hierarchy are in the market for a new 'number 6', having been strongly linked to Southampton's Romeo Lavia in recent days.

As a result, there is talk that the club may look to sell players before bringing anyone else in — with Liverpool's trio of older midfielders (Thiago, Fabinho and Henderson) speculated as the most likely to be offloaded.

Now L'Equipe's Loic Tanzi reports that Al-Ettifaq — coached by Steven Gerrard — are looking to convince "several European stars including Henderson" of a move to the Saudi Pro League.
      A move could, in theory, suit both Henderson — who is to see his playing time diminished in 2023/24 — and Liverpool — who are looking to free up their wage bill. However, the player's availability, influence in the dressing room and position as one of the club's leaders would make a deal very surprising. Indeed, were the Reds to go down the route of selling an older player, Thiago — who has been linked with clubs in Turkey and Saudi Arabia — seems more a likely option due to his high wages and injury record.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,536 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread (M)
      Reply #1: Jul 10, 2023 11:43:56 am
      No chance hendo is leaving, I get the feeling he wants to prove a point this season to all the doubters.

Thiago most likely to leave, but even then I fancy him to leave on a free next season.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #2: Jul 10, 2023 12:18:46 pm
      No chance hendo is leaving, I get the feeling he wants to prove a point this season to all the doubters.

Thiago most likely to leave, but even then I fancy him to leave on a free next season.

Just wasting money again. How many players worth money are we going to let go for free. Its pathetic.

Wijnaldum
      Origi
      Firmino
      Milner
      Chamberlain
      Keita

Bar milly all those players were worth at least 15m ... 75m quid . All international footballers 30 or younger. Thiago whilst 31/32 is worth at least 15m as well. Not to mention others who've left for free. We've probably passed up getting on for 100m quid.

Poor planning. Poor communication and something that needs to be addressed. All players should have been moved on and money recouped. We're a business.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,695 posts | 3714 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #3: Jul 10, 2023 12:19:35 pm
      I saw a photo of his training before pre-seaon, he looks fit and athletic.

We need his leadership.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 755 posts | 127 
      Reply #4: Jul 10, 2023 12:54:15 pm
      It must be frustrating as hell for Hendo's teammates to be shouted at by him for his own mistakes....
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5: Jul 10, 2023 12:56:36 pm

We need his leadership.

saw that too he looks in really good knick hope he can bring back the best Hendo we need that type of drive in the team
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #6: Jul 10, 2023 01:05:24 pm
      It must be frustrating as hell for Hendo's teammates to be shouted at by him for his own mistakes....

Sorry but when does that happen
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,536 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #7: Jul 10, 2023 01:13:33 pm

We need his leadership.

yup. looks ripped.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #8: Jul 10, 2023 02:39:15 pm
      Just wasting money again. How many players worth money are we going to let go for free. Its pathetic.

Wijnaldum
      Origi
      Firmino
      Milner
      Chamberlain
      Keita

Bar milly all those players were worth at least 15m ... 75m quid . All international footballers 30 or younger. Thiago whilst 31/32 is worth at least 15m as well. Not to mention others who've left for free. We've probably passed up getting on for 100m quid.

Poor planning. Poor communication and something that needs to be addressed. All players should have been moved on and money recouped. We're a business.

I know this is a drum that you seem to be banging at the moment, but there are two sides to every story. You can't just get rid of players that don't want to be got rid of. Players can refuse to be transferred. So it's not just as simple as "ship them out".
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #9: Jul 10, 2023 02:40:05 pm
      Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson is in "very advanced" talks with a Saudi Arabian club, according to one report.

33-year-old Henderson made 43 appearances for the Reds in all competitions in 2022/23, including 35 in the Premier League, but faces added competition going into the new campaign following the signings of Alexis Mac Allister and Dominik Szoboszlai.
      Liverpool's midfield rebuild may not be finished with the £95m outlay either. Reports suggest that Jürgen Klopp and the club hierarchy are in the market for a new 'number 6', having been strongly linked to Southampton's Romeo Lavia in recent days.

As a result, there is talk that the club may look to sell players before bringing anyone else in — with Liverpool's trio of older midfielders (Thiago, Fabinho and Henderson) speculated as the most likely to be offloaded.

Now L'Equipe's Loic Tanzi reports that Al-Ettifaq — coached by Steven Gerrard — are looking to convince "several European stars including Henderson" of a move to the Saudi Pro League.
      A move could, in theory, suit both Henderson — who is to see his playing time diminished in 2023/24 — and Liverpool — who are looking to free up their wage bill. However, the player's availability, influence in the dressing room and position as one of the club's leaders would make a deal very surprising. Indeed, were the Reds to go down the route of selling an older player, Thiago — who has been linked with clubs in Turkey and Saudi Arabia — seems more a likely option due to his high wages and injury record.

I'll just go  out on a limb and say this....there's no way in hell that Jordan Henderson goes to play in the Saudi league.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,536 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #10: Jul 10, 2023 02:43:02 pm
      I know this is a drum that you seem to be banging at the moment, but there are two sides to every story. You can't just get rid of players that don't want to be got rid of. Players can refuse to be transferred. So it's not just as simple as "ship them out".

A team will have to want to buy them too, so 3 sides to the story. :)

I think its now pretty standard practice at all levels for players to want to leave on a free, run contract down and get a big pay day.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #11: Jul 10, 2023 03:05:31 pm

Wijnaldum
      Origi
      Firmino
      Milner
      Chamberlain
      Keita

I’ve sent a request to the Mods for them to change your name to Dysentery Don77, my early onset of dementia prevents me from remembering anyone who posts as much sh*te as you do, ffs fella get yourself some help, yer stinking the place out !!!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #12: Jul 10, 2023 11:48:06 pm

Yep, he does.

Mo, Jordan and Trent all ripping it up in the Gym.

Primed and ready for massive seasons!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,536 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #13: Jul 11, 2023 08:38:23 am
      Yep, he does.

Mo, Jordan and Trent all ripping it up in the Gym.

Primed and ready for massive seasons!

All of them will be determined to push us back into contention this season.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #14: Jul 12, 2023 10:27:57 am
      wonder how all our optimism will last as Mike Tyson once said we all have a plan and then someone smacks you in the mouth.
      I think the lads and Jürgen would have learned a lot form last season and you cant put a price on experience its why James Milner was so respected by everyone.
      I would love Jordan to pick up the EPL trophy again he has had some terrible luck with injuries now he looks fit as a butchers Dog why not
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #15: Jul 12, 2023 10:56:24 am
      wonder how all our optimism will last as Mike Tyson once said we all have a plan and then someone smacks you in the mouth.
      I think the lads and Jürgen would have learned a lot form last season and you cant put a price on experience its why James Milner was so respected by everyone.
      I would love Jordan to pick up the EPL trophy again he has had some terrible luck with injuries now he looks fit as a butchers Dog why not

He will be our new Milner. Always setting the example. There won't be many if any physically fitter than the captain. Looks like he been working out all summer long.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #16: Jul 12, 2023 01:05:30 pm
      Looks like Steven Gerrard or others are having a few words…can’t see it happening personally but maybe there is truth there will only be another midfielder coming in after a sale.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/63ed568c-2098-11ee-b9dc-95034bbd78f3?shareToken=2b7c72e26355e69aa33abbb627e47910
      « Last Edit: Jul 13, 2023 10:57:49 am by racerx34 »
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 862 
      Re: Jordan Henderson (Somewhere to Saudi Arabia)
      Reply #17: Jul 12, 2023 01:17:12 pm
      Looks like Steven Gerrard or others are having a few words…can’t see it happening personally but maybe there is truth there will only be another midfielder coming in after a sale.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/63ed568c-2098-11ee-b9dc-95034bbd78f3?shareToken=2b7c72e26355e69aa33abbb627e47910
      He's 33. If they are going to double or raise his salary by 50% I think its an attractive offer for him. Could go play there a year or two and potentially come back to Sunderland for a final year.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,536 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #18: Jul 12, 2023 01:36:32 pm
      wow. if true.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,170 posts | 1094 
      Reply #19: Jul 12, 2023 02:22:55 pm
      Won't happen
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #20: Jul 12, 2023 02:39:34 pm
      If there's interest I'd sell in a heartbeat.

Been on a gradual decline for a season or so now.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,536 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #21: Jul 12, 2023 02:54:07 pm
      Being denied again, more twitter BS.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,383 posts | 2823 
      Reply #22: Jul 12, 2023 02:59:15 pm
      Said it in his player thread, losing both him and Milner in the same transfer window would be a real disaster for us. We shouldn’t underestimate the value these lads have off the pitch and on the training ground.

The chance to move Hendo on was a couple of years ago. Now we need him to become the Milner of this side - limited playing time but the standard setter and the one that leads the cup team.

Hope there’s nothing in this.

Quick Reply