Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Jordan Henderson -> Al Ettifaq

Read 26671 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Jordan Henderson (Somewhere to Saudi Arabia)
      Reply #23: Jul 12, 2023 03:56:40 pm
      Said it in his player thread, losing both him and Milner in the same transfer window would be a real disaster for us. We shouldn’t underestimate the value these lads have off the pitch and on the training ground.

The chance to move Hendo on was a couple of years ago. Now we need him to become the Milner of this side - limited playing time but the standard setter and the one that leads the cup team.

Hope there’s nothing in this.

I wouldnt be surprised if he left for a big payday in the sun next summer.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,171 posts | 1095 
      Reply #24: Jul 12, 2023 06:12:41 pm
      Being denied again, more twitter BS.
      For sure.... He seems motivated for this season, even if it's at a reduced role. Came into camp cut up as an ounce of dope
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,943 posts | 4999 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #25: Jul 12, 2023 08:28:44 pm
      I think it’s just pure speculation, ultimately it will be down to Jordan himself, yes he May double his dollar but as a professional athlete he will want to play at the highest possible level for as long as he possibly can, or any such like decision is taken out of his hands,

He remains the Captain of arguably one of the Best football clubs in the world, for me he comes across as the type that money is furthest from his mindset so doubling his dollar will not be the straw that breaks the camels back, no pun intended,

What he Will desire more than any amount of money is another opportunity to captain his club on another title challenge, he like the majority of us will be absolutely gutted how last season panned out, and he will arguably want to set the record straight perhaps more than most,

We’ve all seen how hard he has been working in the close season, we’ve all seen how ripped he is, now I’m no psychologist , and no rocket scientist’s need apply but for me you don’t put all those hard yards in only give in to a few dollars more, you put all those hard yards in if you believe you and your teammates can and will Mount a very very serious challenge to Pep and his oil slickers,

That’s what’s in Jordan Henderson’s mind, and NOT upsetting his whole family by upping sticks for a few dollars more, and perhaps more importantly giving up another opportunity to be that captain of the English premier league Champions !!!

Go figure ?

YNWA
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #26: Jul 12, 2023 08:48:49 pm
      Would be amazed with the chance to play a role with a rejuvenated liverpool team and with the European championships at the end of the season if hendo left now
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,993 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #27: Jul 12, 2023 08:50:19 pm
      Would be amazed with the chance to play a role with a rejuvenated liverpool team and with the European championships at the end of the season if hendo left now

Don’t for a second believe he’s going.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #28: Jul 12, 2023 09:41:35 pm
      Said it in his player thread, losing both him and Milner in the same transfer window would be a real disaster for us. We shouldn’t underestimate the value these lads have off the pitch and on the training ground.

The chance to move Hendo on was a couple of years ago. Now we need him to become the Milner of this side - limited playing time but the standard setter and the one that leads the cup team.

Hope there’s nothing in this.

My thoughts exactly, I wouldn’t entertain him going anywhere, even if he wanted to go.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #29: Jul 12, 2023 09:50:42 pm
      Sentimental nonsense, where was Henderson’s leadership last season when we we’re being embarrassed by the relegation fodder?

If he leaves which I doubt there is plenty of senior players who can lead by example on the pitch.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #30: Jul 12, 2023 09:54:59 pm
      Sentimental nonsense, where was Henderson’s leadership last season when we we’re being embarrassed by the relegation fodder?

If he leaves which I doubt there is plenty of senior players who can lead by example on the pitch.

Yea, I think we get too hung up on hanging onto players as a fanbase.

Plenty of players who will lead the lads next season.

rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Re: Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread (M)
      Reply #31: Jul 12, 2023 10:03:57 pm
      Is he off then ?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,006 posts | 3425 
      Reply #32: Jul 12, 2023 10:06:48 pm
      It’s the same with Thiago - a decent offer and the club will accept

But would be surprised to see Henderson going beyond the leadership he does fill a crucial HG spot
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,383 posts | 2823 
      Reply #33: Jul 12, 2023 10:15:08 pm

Don't know if it's sentimental nonsense or not but I really don't see the positives in losing your captain and vice captain in the same transfer window. Especially when the manager is on record saying how important both players have been for him in terms of making this team successful. Not like next in line VVD is assured of a long term place in our team either with his form in the last 12 months.

On top of that there's little to no transfer fee generated from both of them and it leaves us needing to find another player on what is surely a very limited budget now.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #34: Jul 12, 2023 10:25:14 pm
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #35: Jul 12, 2023 10:26:32 pm
      Don't know if it's sentimental nonsense or not but I really don't see the positives in losing your captain and vice captain in the same transfer window. Especially when the manager is on record saying how important both players have been for him in terms of making this team successful. Not like next in line VVD is assured of a long term place in our team either with his form in the last 12 months.

On top of that there's little to no transfer fee generated from both of them and it leaves us needing to find another player on what is surely a very limited budget now.

How exactly is Henderson assured of a place ahead of our two major midfield signings?

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,295 posts | 770 
      Reply #36: Jul 12, 2023 10:28:11 pm
      I think it’s just pure speculation, ultimately it will be down to Jordan himself, yes he May double his dollar but as a professional athlete he will want to play at the highest possible level for as long as he possibly can, or any such like decision is taken out of his hands,

He remains the Captain of arguably one of the Best football clubs in the world, for me he comes across as the type that money is furthest from his mindset so doubling his dollar will not be the straw that breaks the camels back, no pun intended,

What he Will desire more than any amount of money is another opportunity to captain his club on another title challenge, he like the majority of us will be absolutely gutted how last season panned out, and he will arguably want to set the record straight perhaps more than most,

We’ve all seen how hard he has been working in the close season, we’ve all seen how ripped he is, now I’m no psychologist , and no rocket scientist’s need apply but for me you don’t put all those hard yards in only give in to a few dollars more, you put all those hard yards in if you believe you and your teammates can and will Mount a very very serious challenge to Pep and his oil slickers,

That’s what’s in Jordan Henderson’s mind, and NOT upsetting his whole family by upping sticks for a few dollars more, and perhaps more importantly giving up another opportunity to be that captain of the English premier league Champions !!!

Go figure ?

YNWA
      Not one of the best clubs ...THE best....Other than that I agree with every word....especially EPL Champions elect.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,383 posts | 2823 
      Reply #37: Jul 12, 2023 10:35:31 pm
      https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1679242998620606470

Interesting choice of picture used by the The Athletic there!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #38: Jul 12, 2023 10:36:10 pm
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,943 posts | 4999 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #39: Jul 12, 2023 10:53:43 pm
      I think its bollocks, but I am prepared to choke on humble pie, for me anything with a wee blue bird in the top right corner is extremely dodgy, as for press and/or other media outlets most  are in frenzy mode this time of the year vying for the biggest headline,

I’ll believe it when I see the river Jordan 😁 in the background with Hendo holding a club scarf aloft !!!

YNWA
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,215 posts | 1221 
      Reply #40: Jul 12, 2023 10:57:55 pm
      If I could see his departure resulting in another midfielder joining who could make a decisive impact, then it's debatable -- even though I don't like the idea at all of losing our captain whilst we are a team in transition.

But what transfer fee is he likely to command that could help us sign such a player? His experience and leadership qualities aren't easily replaced IMO. I don't understand how on the one hand it can be claimed his leadership qualities have made him the player he is only for these qualities to then be considered insignificant now the Saudi's are interested.

Of course if he wants to leave, what can we do? we have to adjust and others must assume more responsibility but I don't agree with the view that we should be looking to offload him.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #41: Jul 12, 2023 11:20:42 pm
      Quite conflicted with this.

Firstly, due to principle, what the absolute F**k. Why be an ambassador for equality and human rights, then by choice go and condone and opt into being a sportswashed puppet. This put a big stain on Steve’s character for me. Amazing player/servant, but not the sharpest tool in the box.

Secondly, UAE has thrown a lifeline to competitors in the league, buying mediocre aging players at a premium allowing teams to recoup much needed funds. If we had Bobby, Ox, Keita on contracts could have got a few bob for them this summer, and would assume we could pickup best part of 60M for Thiago & Henderson which could both go for nothing in 12-18 months. Obviously we would miss Hendo’s energy and voice, but already feel like this team is evolving. 
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #42: Jul 12, 2023 11:24:31 pm
      If the money is right and means we get Lavia then I am all for it
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #43: Jul 12, 2023 11:47:00 pm
      Good luck to the lad. No point in having a captain who can't get in our team.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #44: Jul 12, 2023 11:50:05 pm

It’s being reported by Joyce and Ornstein that he’s seriously considering a deal that could be with 700k per week.

Holy F**k that’s a shitload of money.

I really never thought he would go, but it seems odd that those two in particular are reporting it. They don’t typically throw something like that out there unless it’s got legs.

If he goes we absolutely need to buy another homegrown midfielder I would think.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #45: Jul 13, 2023 12:17:11 am
      It’s being reported by Joyce and Ornstein that he’s seriously considering a deal that could be with 700k per week.

Holy F**k that’s a shitload of money.

I really never thought he would go, but it seems odd that those two in particular are reporting it. They don’t typically throw something like that out there unless it’s got legs.

If he goes we absolutely need to buy another homegrown midfielder I would think.

How much would we get for Jordan? Surely £50m at least?

Would be a big loss to suddenly lose our captain but if the money is big enough and we can sign a couple more top young midfielders then maybe not the worst in long term.

I assume we would sign Lavia immediately who qualifies as home grown.

Quick Reply