Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Jordan Henderson -> Al Ettifaq

Read 26667 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Jordan Henderson -> Al Ettifaq
      Reply #483: Jul 22, 2023 10:46:08 am
      I need educating somewhat KTF. I was always under the impression Staff/committee/scouts/Klopp all have some say in who comes to the club?

So reading your post you saying the scouts/staff/committee had nothing to do with the buyings of Nunez/Salah and visa versa with players coming in that Klopp has no say?  Doesn’t make any sense to me?

Cannot for the life of me believe that Nunez isn’t a Klopp signing, of course he f***in is, he’s building not only for the present he’s building for the future too, Mo’s  legs won’t last forever, nor will Jota’s, so Nunez coming In early gives him the maximum amount of time to allow him to develop, acclimatise etc,

Some folks are too quick at casting aspersions because the lad had a iffy first season, saying what a waste, or he won’t make it or worse, give the lad a break ffs, he’s 22, hasn’t yet learned to him a foreign language, is still acclimatising but improving, sorry but some of you critics out there really need to give yer heads a wobble,

What are you ultimately saying,  that Jürgen isn’t a good judge of character ??   Melts !!

YNWA

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      Reply #484: Jul 22, 2023 11:01:01 am
      ANYHOO !!  Back on Topic

All this Hendo hoohah is still for me Hoohah, and until the club itself comes out with a statement informing us all that indeed Hendo has taken up the Oily offer, he for me remains, or have I missed something?

YNWA

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #485: Jul 22, 2023 11:01:23 am
      I need educating somewhat KTF. I was always under the impression Staff/committee/scouts/Klopp all have some say in who comes to the club?

So reading your post you saying the scouts/staff/committee had nothing to do with the buyings of Nunez/Salah and visa versa with players coming in that Klopp has no say?  Doesn’t make any sense to me?

I can't speak for KTF but most clubs I'd say will have the odd signing that the manager has pushed for more then others and it does appear Nunez may have been one of those.

The most success we've had is with the players the recruitment and analytics team have earmarked and then brought to Jürgen and for me it's the best transfer strategy. Takes the emotion of the Head Coach out of it for the most part.

On Salah it was common knowledge that Jürgen had to be persuaded on him, think he even said as much, and he wanted Julian Brandt.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #486: Jul 22, 2023 11:28:49 am
      Funnily enough, after Michael Edwards left, he went on and spent 80m on a player that ended the season on the bench. Then the club brought in a new Director of Football.

So you reckon Klopp is a liability and we should get rid?

There are numerous players who start badly and can have unnoticeable starting seasons yet play out of their skin consequently.
      « Last Edit: Jul 22, 2023 11:37:23 am by stuey »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #487: Jul 22, 2023 11:31:51 am

If Jürgen were Head of Recruitment I'd say Diego would but he's not he's the Head Coach/Manager so I guess not.

Not Diego's fault you don't understand how a football club is run and who does what.

Edit: Apologies for the off topic again Mods.
      « Last Edit: Jul 22, 2023 11:37:18 am by srslfc »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #488: Jul 22, 2023 11:42:10 am
      If Jürgen were Head of Recruitment I'd say Diego would but he's not he's the Head Coach/Manager so I guess not.

Not Diego's fault you don't understand how a football club is run and who does what.

Edit: Apologies for the off topic again Mods.

So in fact Klopp did not spend £80m or whatever as stated because he is not in a position to do so!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      Reply #489: Jul 22, 2023 12:02:53 pm

There are numerous players who start badly and can have unnoticeable starting seasons yet play out of their skin consequently.

Sorry Stuey, but I believe you’re talking out of your waste disposal unit, where does Diego state that Klopp’s a liability, that’s your words not his, Nunez IS a  Klopp signing, he’s been bought with the future in mind, irrespective of warming the bench at the end of last season, the lad is as raw as F**k, almost headless chicken like, and probably guilty of trying too hard, but you can’t blame him can you, not when one of the world’s best managers come calling, Everyman and his dog would want to impress, Darwin Nunez will come good, consequently of course.

YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #490: Jul 22, 2023 12:23:11 pm

Cannot for the life of me believe that Nunez isn’t a Klopp signing, of course he f***in is, he’s building not only for the present he’s building for the future too, Mo’s  legs won’t last forever, nor will Jota’s, so Nunez coming In early gives him the maximum amount of time to allow him to develop, acclimatise etc,

Some folks are too quick at casting aspersions because the lad had a iffy first season, saying what a waste, or he won’t make it or worse, give the lad a break ffs, he’s 22, hasn’t yet learned to him a foreign language, is still acclimatising but improving, sorry but some of you critics out there really need to give yer heads a wobble,

What are you ultimately saying,  that Jürgen isn’t a good judge of character ??   Melts !!

YNWA

I am scratching my head somewhat and that’s why I’m asking members. Personally ( IMHO ) I’d be well pissed off as a fan if the manager didn’t have the ultimate say on who comes/goes. I just don’t get the logic in working any other way. By all means others have input but ultimately the buck stops with manager. 
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      Reply #491: Jul 22, 2023 12:37:41 pm
      I am scratching my head somewhat and that’s why I’m asking members. Personally ( IMHO ) I’d be well pissed off as a fan if the manager didn’t have the ultimate say on who comes/goes. I just don’t get the logic in working any other way. By all means others have input but ultimately the buck stops with manager. 

FAZAKERLY !!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #492: Jul 22, 2023 01:12:23 pm

Sorry Stuey, but I believe you’re talking out of your waste disposal unit, where does Diego state that Klopp’s a liability, that’s your words not his, Nunez IS a  Klopp signing, he’s been bought with the future in mind, irrespective of warming the bench at the end of last season, the lad is as raw as F**k, almost headless chicken like, and probably guilty of trying too hard, but you can’t blame him can you, not when one of the world’s best managers come calling, Everyman and his dog would want to impress, Darwin Nunez will come good, consequently of course.

YNWA

In the post there was for whatever reason, criticism of the manager for signing a player - implying some kind of blame scenario, perhaps 'liability' was an extreme description but it could apply.

I and the majority of supporters would not criticise the colour of Jürgen's socks, the man is a living legend.

« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2023 01:17:55 pm by stuey »
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,479 posts | 217 
      Reply #493: Jul 22, 2023 02:38:21 pm

They all have a day but when it came to Nunez, klopp insisted as he did with mane and vvd. It was basically them or body else if they were available and they were

It’s why we overpaid for Nunez a bit. Even if the committee suggested alternatives, it was not Keita was another which klopp insisted on

When it came to other players like salah and fab, klopp was shown stats and he agreed on what the committee suggested, presumably klopp didn’t have anyone be specifically wanted like the other players and accepted their advice and green light the move for the players but when we buy players, it’s a group decision but again klopp did have his fav he insisted on

The model we run is more of a European based one, where our buy is done on stats etc but managers Do still say yes to it and again veto it

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #494: Jul 22, 2023 03:10:08 pm
      They all have a day but when it came to Nunez, klopp insisted as he did with mane and vvd. It was basically them or body else if they were available and they were

It’s why we overpaid for Nunez a bit. Even if the committee suggested alternatives, it was not Keita was another which klopp insisted on

When it came to other players like salah and fab, klopp was shown stats and he agreed on what the committee suggested, presumably klopp didn’t have anyone be specifically wanted like the other players and accepted their advice and green light the move for the players but when we buy players, it’s a group decision but again klopp did have his fav he insisted on

The model we run is more of a European based one, where our buy is done on stats etc but managers Do still say yes to it and again veto it

I'm intrigued to know where you get all this detailed inside information from. Not that I disbelieve or not. Just wondering.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,479 posts | 217 
      Reply #495: Jul 22, 2023 06:15:29 pm

I'm intrigued to know where you get all this detailed inside information from. Not that I disbelieve or not. Just wondering.

Interviews over the years from klopp

Admittedly I have no references

I remember klopp saying the committee did a great job in finding salah and purchasing him etc of that regards

I remember again comments about Keita and mane being klopp buys specifically and him convincing the committee more so

A few others are generally more reliable journos etc

Nunez had a lot of journo reports in stating klopp really really admired him and he convinced klopp to get him with his performance etc

With the transfer committee I thought that is common knowledge we follow this route, they are very data driven and everyone agrees for the buy etc it’s so we get each buy correct and not waste money etc
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,871 posts | 414 
      Reply #496: Jul 22, 2023 07:30:23 pm
      I could be really really wide of the mark here and he'll be off first thing Monday morning, but I just think this isn't cut and dry just yet.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,383 posts | 2823 
      Reply #497: Jul 22, 2023 08:30:51 pm
      I could be really really wide of the mark here and he'll be off first thing Monday morning, but I just think this isn't cut and dry just yet.

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1682834228625506304
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      Reply #498: Jul 23, 2023 05:34:27 am
      Naby Keita remains the only real failed signing in Jürgen’s tenure, but you can’t blame Jürgen for Naby’s frailties, I’m no physiotherapist but it’s blatantly obvious his body just wasn’t up to the intensity required, hence all of those injures,
      the football he played at RB Leipzig was a far cry from the football style employed at Liverpool under Jürgen, Naby is a good player, he will thrive in a other league/side mellower kind of game, his body simply couldn’t cope, simples !!

YNWA
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,871 posts | 414 
      Reply #499: Jul 23, 2023 06:43:45 am

Fair enough :lmao: it will be interesting how all the loose ends gets tied up regarding PR around leaving the club and his legacy and how he addresses the LGBTQ stuff he was I the forefront of all these years
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #500: Jul 23, 2023 08:26:51 am
      Time to start fresh - so long Hendo, thanks for all the good times!
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,338 posts | 1010 
      Reply #501: Jul 23, 2023 09:24:23 am
      I wish him all the very best, a great player and Captain for us, I hope he’s made the right decision for him and his family. I have no doubt this will affect the team, he’s been a big inspiration, time for others to step up and show leadership!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,695 posts | 3714 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #502: Jul 23, 2023 09:29:11 am
      Why do Saudi deals take long? Fabinho, Henderson and even Mahrez, they take so long to be confirmed.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,637 posts | 130 
      Reply #503: Jul 23, 2023 09:34:10 am
      In the end it will be a good move for Liverpool. He is 33 years old and on big wages here. Surely he is the captain but it is clear he won't play as many minutes as before. Next season it will just become less and less until he morphs into the next James Milner. The Saudi move provides us a "clean" way out. In the past we always hung on the established players until there was nothing left to offer anymore. (Keita, Ox etc...)

Let's free up some wages, get some transfer fee and bring in a quality young player. In terms of leadership it is now up to the others to step up! I would love to see Trent become our next captain and continue to lead us for the years to come!

As for Henderson hope his family likes to live in Saudi Arabia, surely they will be busy enough counting the money  ;D
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #504: Jul 23, 2023 10:25:35 am
      In the end it will be a good move for Liverpool. He is 33 years old and on big wages here. Surely he is the captain but it is clear he won't play as many minutes as before. Next season it will just become less and less until he morphs into the next James Milner. The Saudi move provides us a "clean" way out. In the past we always hung on the established players until there was nothing left to offer anymore. (Keita, Ox etc...)

Let's free up some wages, get some transfer fee and bring in a quality young player. In terms of leadership it is now up to the others to step up! I would love to see Trent become our next captain and continue to lead us for the years to come!

As for Henderson hope his family likes to live in Saudi Arabia, surely they will be busy enough counting the money  ;D

Completely agree, the way it has played out is tlwhat leaves a bad taste, not so much the player we're losing. The second his head was turned it became untenable, we can't exactly hold on to a senior player who wants out, least of all the club captain. Even if he stayed he would be stripped of the captaincy, then there's an unhappy player with alot of influence hanging around. Add in Fabinho leaving at 29 for an easy ride and you almost feel jilted.

It's about how we react now, get the right people in, build a new squad dynamic, we've moved on a lot of big characters this summer. Now it's time for others to step out of the shadows and make their mark. I think there's more positives than negatives in this.

Good luck to Jordan, it's not the way anyone would have wanted it to end. I hope history is kinder to him than current feelings, but that's a choice he has made.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #505: Jul 23, 2023 10:26:05 am
      I just remember that moment in 2019 when he was hugging his Dad at the final whistle tears in his eyes. WTF happened to him. So now his England career is over why didnt he retire and concentrate on his Liverpool career and his importance as Captain.
      The sooner he goes the better now he will enjoy spending the summer in his air conditioned box

Quick Reply