Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Jordan Henderson -> Al Ettifaq

Read 26656 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Jordan Henderson -> Al Ettifaq
      Reply #506: Jul 23, 2023 01:03:50 pm
      I just remember that moment in 2019 when he was hugging his Dad at the final whistle tears in his eyes. WTF happened to him. So now his England career is over why didnt he retire and concentrate on his Liverpool career and his importance as Captain.
      The sooner he goes the better now he will enjoy spending the summer in his air conditioned box

Simple answer mate is no one else came in and offered to triple his dollar, Saudi’s can buy anything or anyone the f***in want and will ultimately kill every sport they choose to take a interest in, Golf, football, already on the path to rack and ruin,

No one will stop this , they’ll just buy them too !!

YNWA
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,167 posts | 1094 
      Reply #507: Jul 23, 2023 02:40:30 pm

Simple answer mate is no one else came in and offered to triple his dollar, Saudi’s can buy anything or anyone the f***in want and will ultimately kill every sport they choose to take a interest in, Golf, football, already on the path to rack and ruin,

No one will stop this , they’ll just buy them too !!

YNWA
      Electric cars, dude. It's the only way. Let's all go out and buy one. Whose with me?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #508: Jul 23, 2023 03:07:29 pm
      Electric cars, dude. It's the only way. Let's all go out and buy one. Whose with me?

😂 until the electric that runs them isn’t made from fossil fuels I don’t think it will matter.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,869 posts | 413 
      Reply #509: Jul 23, 2023 03:32:44 pm
      I just remember that moment in 2019 when he was hugging his Dad at the final whistle tears in his eyes. WTF happened to him. So now his England career is over why didnt he retire and concentrate on his Liverpool career and his importance as Captain.
      The sooner he goes the better now he will enjoy spending the summer in his air conditioned box

He fulfilled his dream I guess.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,167 posts | 1094 
      Reply #510: Jul 23, 2023 05:09:43 pm
      😂 until the electric that runs them isn’t made from fossil fuels I don’t think it will matter.
      Patry pooper
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #511: Jul 25, 2023 01:06:55 am
      I just think it's idiotic to let our two most experienced Leaders leave the dressing room, in this transition period, in one window.

harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #512: Jul 25, 2023 01:42:14 am
      I just think it's idiotic to let our two most experienced Leaders leave the dressing room, in this transition period, in one window.

I understand this perspective, but I'm of the opinion that we almost certainly won't win anything of note in the next 1-3 years during the transition, so we may as well do it all at once and then give the new group time to gel.  We will still have a few experienced members in VVD, Ali, Robbo, Mo, Trent, etc.  Those players along with Jürgen and his staff should be enough leadership to help get us through the transition and into a new phase of trophy winning footie.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      Reply #513: Jul 25, 2023 02:22:45 am
      Absolutely understand where you are coming from as well mate.

For me, 1 to go out of both Hendo and Millie, was ok, just not both of them.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      Reply #514: Jul 25, 2023 04:12:32 am
      Is this for real?

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #515: Jul 25, 2023 07:08:59 am
      Have to announce it soon, same with Fab.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,992 posts | 3422 
      Reply #516: Jul 25, 2023 07:58:55 pm
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,167 posts | 1094 
      Reply #517: Jul 26, 2023 12:01:12 am
      Still can't believe it's led to this. I feel bad for him. I feel bad for the supporters. I feel bad for people who feel he let them down. I feel bad for football in general. A guy like him going to SA is a bigger statement of what the future may hold then some may realize.
      Bleedingred
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 486 posts | 79 
      Reply #518: Jul 26, 2023 12:11:44 am
      Leave him let him get his money. We all have a moral standing until 700k a week is staring at us in the face. He served this club well and now he's decided to go somewhere else. If he joined Maccabi Haifa no one would have said a word so let's leave him to earn his crust and make his family happy.

Thank you Jordan for all the memories you gave us and I wish you and your family all the happiness and success in Saudi Arabia ❤️
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,213 posts | 1221 
      Reply #519: Jul 26, 2023 12:47:21 am
      Leave him let him get his money. We all have a moral standing until 700k a week is staring at us in the face. He served this club well and now he's decided to go somewhere else. If he joined Maccabi Haifa no one would have said a word so let's leave him to earn his crust and make his family happy.

Thank you Jordan for all the memories you gave us and I wish you and your family all the happiness and success in Saudi Arabia ❤️

Oh dear. Is this your fifth incarnation?
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #520: Jul 26, 2023 07:16:17 am

I agree mate although it would have been hard to stop Jordan from going after so many years service. What the club should have done is to demand a fee that better compensated the impact. The Saudi League is here to stay and they missed an opportunity to show that they will be buggers to deal with. Should have been a proper Daniel Levy over this deal but they rolled over pretty quickly.

Many seem to think Hendo was going to be a bit part player this season. I did not. He would have played plenty. Him and Milner leave a gaping hole in the dressing room. It’s up to Trent, Robbo, Mo and Virgil to fill it.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #521: Jul 26, 2023 07:39:14 am
      I agree mate although it would have been hard to stop Jordan from going after so many years service. What the club should have done is to demand a fee that better compensated the impact. The Saudi League is here to stay and they missed an opportunity to show that they will be buggers to deal with. Should have been a proper Daniel Levy over this deal but they rolled over pretty quickly.

Many seem to think Hendo was going to be a bit part player this season. I did not. He would have played plenty. Him and Milner leave a gaping hole in the dressing room. It’s up to Trent, Robbo, Mo and Virgil to fill it.

Agree with this.

I suspect of Jordan had not stated he wanted to go and has 12yrs service we may well have played more hardball.

But as he is such a great servant and legend, and its stevie g he's going to work with, club probably just got the minimum cash wise.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #523: Jul 26, 2023 10:35:31 am
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #524: Jul 26, 2023 10:46:51 am

Those few seasons before and after were when Jordan really was at his peak both on and off the pitch.

He was a true leader of Jürgen's side over that period.

Went on a gradual decline for about 18 months now so the timing to move on is right for me.

Have us so many good times and will be remembered as a great
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #525: Jul 26, 2023 11:35:21 am
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1629 
      Reply #526: Jul 26, 2023 11:46:39 am

Only downer for me about that is they didn’t get to do it in front of the fans at anfield , would have been a hell of a day , .
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #527: Jul 26, 2023 11:48:06 am
      Bleedingred
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 486 posts | 79 
      Reply #528: Jul 26, 2023 01:02:21 pm
      Congratulations Hendo. Thank you for leading us on the pitch. You always gave it your all. Down as a legend and I've even prepped something for the haters.

https://www.axa.com/en/press/press-releases/axa-has-completed-the-sale-of-its-insurance-operations-in-the-gulf-region

https://tourismbreakingnews.ae/saudia-partners-with-expedia/

https://www.retailbankerinternational.com/news/standard-chartered-opens-branch-in-saudi-arabia/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12258309/amp/Cristiano-Ronaldos-Al-Nassr-sign-kit-deal-Nike-Saudi-club-ditch-Arabic-giants-Duneus.html

Guess you wasn't the first one to the Saudi party. If we damn you we have to damn them all. It's a rabbit hole I'm sure no one wants to go down.

Take care captain

Quick Reply