Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Jordan Henderson -> Al Ettifaq

Read 28828 times
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Re: Jordan Henderson (Al Ettifaq)
      Reply #69: Jul 13, 2023 10:20:57 am
      Rumours that Ettifaq are looking to get the deal done for free.

They can get to F**k. If you're paying him 35m a year you can give us a decent fee for him.

We like a good freebie. So it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Henderson needs to think very carefully about his next move.

He's  loaded for cash and finacially secure for a few lifetimes, happy, ... has a very young family that is settled in school etc. I'm sure other family are close by. He's captain of Liverpool football club. Alot to give up Jordan to go and play in some nonsense league nobody watches ... all for a few quid you don't need. Big job on this season at the world's biggest club. Not to be given up lightly.

Shouldn't imagine this dragging on too long.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,500 posts | 826 
      Re: Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread (M)
      Reply #70: Jul 13, 2023 10:21:11 am
      Couple of points: Saudi Arabia is run by a murderous tyrant, but so are a lot of other countries....China, Burma, Iran...etc.
      Where does this Saudi club get its money from?...not through the turnstiles.
      The player is still a valuable asset to us...on and off the pitch. He could arguably play out his 2 years and still go on to that cesspit league in the sun. The wages doing the rounds are off the chart, and most people regardless of Human Rights issues would struggle to walk away....But most people are not all people, and most people are not already as staggeringly wealthy as JH.
      There is also a broader football problem. Where is this going?...A Country with limitless vaults of cash essentially hijacking Our game. In a few years we could lose all the big name players from Europe...then what?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #71: Jul 13, 2023 10:31:33 am
      It's a LOT of money. When you look at golf, players you thought would NOT go to the LIV tour that nobody watches, some of the big names went, it wasn't just the guys in the twilight of their careers.
      From the team point of view, I'd like Hendo to stay on. Milly is gone, along with some other midfielders, we have new guys settling in - having the Captain stay and help with the mini transition has to be a good thing. Regardless if he might not be as regular a starter as before.
      You could argue if the money is good we should cash in. But for me loosing him this summer is too soon.
      But who knows, he may decide to cash in. And if he did, I'd be disappointed to loose him, and to me he would be retiring early when there are still proper trophies to be won, but I wouldn't hold it against him, people make decisions for lots of reasons and I respect him as a person.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 331 posts | 62 
      Re: Jordan Henderson (Al Ettifaq)
      Reply #72: Jul 13, 2023 10:51:56 am
      We like a good freebie. So it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Henderson needs to think very carefully about his next move.

He's  loaded for cash and finacially secure for a few lifetimes, happy, ... has a very young family that is settled in school etc. I'm sure other family are close by. He's captain of Liverpool football club. Alot to give up Jordan to go and play in some nonsense league nobody watches ... all for a few quid you don't need. Big job on this season at the world's biggest club. Not to be given up lightly.

Shouldn't imagine this dragging on too long.

109 million tax free for 3 years work!!! I would snatch their hands off.... Jordan does a lot of work in the community I'm.sure he would put something back with the money he gets. Good luck to the lad.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3393 
      Re: Jordan Henderson -> Al Ettifaq
      Reply #73: Jul 13, 2023 11:29:27 am
      Be a shame if he goes. Itā€™s not like his family isnā€™t set up for life on the 200 grand a week weā€™re already paying him as well as what heā€™s been on for the decade heā€™s been here.

But if he goes, we move on as we always have. Weā€™ve lost captains in the past (look at Souness in 84) and weā€™ve lost better players than Hendo and still gone on to be successful.

Most of us agreed that the midfield in general needed freshening up so getting rid of some of the old guard might not be the worst idea.

And I get those saying heā€™s invaluable off the field as is his leadership skills but this is where itā€™s time for others to step up if indeed he does F**k off.
      rossyred

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #74: Jul 13, 2023 11:58:07 am
      Maybe he has said no but we have discussed Fab and he is the one that will go
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #75: Jul 13, 2023 12:08:01 pm

Yeah maybe mate, but Iā€™m still in the Jordan Henderson is staying camp, Iā€™ve thought about this and still canā€™t fathom why he would up sticks/ family, kids Schooling, climate and everything else thatā€™s turned on itā€™s head, just so he can earn twice three times what he is on now,

He knows he wonā€™t have much time left in his career and for me heā€™ll want to play for as long as he can the top most level if he feels heā€™s fit enough to do so, all those hard yards he put in in his determination to be at the highest level of fitness, which will allow him to perform for his club, for JĆ¼rgen and obviously himself, wasnā€™t because he would be offered a place in the desert,

Before all this bollocks came up, it was my and most pplā€™s thinking that this season would be his last anyway, I believe he would have decided heā€™d done his stint and would happily hand the reigns to someone else, if indeed that was in his own mind then itā€™s a no brainer for me, the oilyā€™s will still be around next season as will the millions he can earn, so for the sake of one last hurrah as captain of Liverpool, and chance to lift the title again he stays for me for that reason alone .

YNWA

Just come in but read this whole thread before replying.

I thought like you he would stay but not so sure now, could be 50/50 from what Iā€™m reading. In reference to you saying he might still want to play at the top level? Donā€™t you think those days are somewhat gone given heā€™s not going to be guaranteed a first team place now with your new additions?

Personally I thought he would come on as sub or play 50/60 mins then be taking off. Saw a video of him yesterday with Salah & Robertson in the training room and he looked  absolutely ripped for his age but there still a but in my mind. Heā€™s honestly passed his best but would no doubt sometimes produce a top class performance but I think they will be few and far between as he doesnā€™t have the legs anymore.

Iā€™m also reading you might get 30/35 million ? 😱😱 Christ if true as a business youā€™d be a fool not to take it. I know many of you lot may not forgive him because where the money is coming from but near impossible to turn down for me.

Itā€™s jaw dropping the amount of money the oilys are prepared to give our OAPs  that are passed their best, where does it stop? If he does stay this last year then obviously he goes on a free doesnā€™t he at end of the new season?

Iā€™m also guessing if he goes will that be the end of his England career and no Euros for him?

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #76: Jul 13, 2023 12:24:47 pm

Now to get back on topic. I highly doubt you'll see Henderson in Saudi for the same reasons a guy like milner wouldn't go out there.

Hendo doesn't need money and I'm pretty sure he will want to carry on captaining the best club in the world in the most watched league in the world over playing in some amateur old dinosaur league over there that nobody watches or gives a fcuk about.

If he wants to go, which will highly surprise me , take them for every blood stained corrupt bank note we can.

Problem with your opinion here Don is all the ones that have gone didnā€™t need the money either. Hell Ronaldo probably the richest one out of the lot of them and he still went.
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #77: Jul 13, 2023 01:16:29 pm
      I'm not certain that playing in Saudi would exclude a player from England duty at the Euros tbh. Southgate is very loyal to players who have performed for him. He has stuck with Maguire all season despite him playing mostly UEFA and domestic cup football most of the time.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,271 posts | 283 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #78: Jul 13, 2023 01:17:24 pm
      Problem with your opinion here Don is all the ones that have gone didnā€™t need the money either. Hell Ronaldo probably the richest one out of the lot of them and he still went.

And the biggest c**t of them all 😉
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #79: Jul 13, 2023 01:36:59 pm
      Celtics Jota went for Ā£25mill, Id expect double that for the captain of LFC.

Yep, and If FSG have any balls stick another Ā£50m on his head, so starting price Ā£80m, if the oily want him that badly theyā€™ll cough up, if not, well they can Foxtrot Oscar, thereā€™s a price to pay if they want top of the range premiership players, and that price goes up depending on your current status, A captain of Liverpool, should demand a higher more lucrative offer, we all know Ā£80m is excessive but, youā€™re not just buying a 33 year old player, youā€™re buying his experience, his leadership and the skills that come with it, and of course compensation for us losing our leader, Ramp it up JW, test the waters, and if they do cough up, we can use it to bring Kone & Lavia, or Lavia & Thuram ?? SIMPLES !!!

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      Reply #80: Jul 13, 2023 01:40:21 pm

Yeah but heā€™s just a Cnut anyway !!!    :f_whistle:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #81: Jul 13, 2023 01:43:30 pm

Yeah but heā€™s just a Cnut anyway !!!    :f_whistle:

Takes one to know one.  :f_whistle:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      Reply #82: Jul 13, 2023 01:47:58 pm

Aw mate, donā€™t be too hard on yerself, I donā€™t know Ronald, just know about him, and thatā€™s enough, kinda makes your argument pointless, donā€™t you think?? 🤣👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Reply #83: Jul 13, 2023 01:51:51 pm
      Heā€™s deffo going isnā€™t he. Not sure about this one.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #84: Jul 13, 2023 01:55:20 pm

Yep, and If FSG have any balls stick another Ā£50m on his head, so starting price Ā£80m, if the oily want him that badly theyā€™ll cough up, if not, well they can Foxtrot Oscar, thereā€™s a price to pay if they want top of the range premiership players, and that price goes up depending on your current status, A captain of Liverpool, should demand a higher more lucrative offer, we all know Ā£80m is excessive but, youā€™re not just buying a 33 year old player, youā€™re buying his experience, his leadership and the skills that come with it, and of course compensation for us losing our leader, Ramp it up JW, test the waters, and if they do cough up, we can use it to bring Kone & Lavia, or Lavia & Thuram ?? SIMPLES !!!

YNWA

100% mate
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #85: Jul 13, 2023 01:58:17 pm
      WTF !!!!

20 ????

However, while Henderson has reportedly accepted the personal terms, he has two years left on his Redsā€™ contract and therefore Al Ettifaq must now agree a price with Liverpool.

ā€œDeal now depends on Liverpool and Al Ettifaq discussing on the fee, no chance to let him leave for free,ā€ writes Romano.

Thus far, Liverpool havenā€™t received an offer from the Saudi side, but two Merseyside-based journalists have claimed that the club will want in the region of Ā£20 million for their skipper.

The reputable Paul Joyce writes in the Times that ā€œLiverpool would seek a fee in the region of Ā£20 million should the player look to move on.ā€
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #86: Jul 13, 2023 02:03:23 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #87: Jul 13, 2023 02:04:55 pm

YNWA

I prefer the foxtrot Oscar than pay 80 million for a 40 year oldā€¦
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #88: Jul 13, 2023 02:05:38 pm

Come on Brez donā€™t suck up to the lad. 😂
      CT_LFC

• 6,816 posts | 1407 
      Reply #89: Jul 13, 2023 02:06:19 pm
      Disappointed to see him go for sure. Team doing right by not holding a player who expresses desire to leave, so let's hope a decent fee can be agreed.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #90: Jul 13, 2023 02:07:23 pm
      Come on Brez donā€™t suck up to the lad. 😂

l o l
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #91: Jul 13, 2023 02:07:59 pm
      If he goes I'm very concerned about the sudden loss of the dressing room leadership of Milly and Hendo in the same window. Will need the likes of Ali, VVD to step up.

Let's get the absolute most we can from the Saudis, minimum Ā£20m IMO

Quick Reply