Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Fabinho -> Al-Ittihad

Read 15606 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,290 posts | 1664 
      Re: Fabinho -> Al-Ittihad
      Reply #138: Jul 23, 2023 05:10:33 pm
      Imagine if if falls through because French Bulldogs aren’t allowed in Saudi.

Be in the doghouse that's for sure
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #139: Jul 23, 2023 06:46:12 pm

But we can't compete with £700,000 a week Billy

No we can’t Gerns mate, who can, but maybe it’s just me being a tad sentimental, but I’d have liked Hendo to have a swan song season and lead us to another title, must be getting soft in my old age, don’t think he needs the dollar either but then, when you’re offered that kind of Swag you can’t turn it down I guess !!

YNWA

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #140: Jul 23, 2023 06:56:18 pm
      Of all the things not allowed in Saudi, that French bulldogs might be the only reason why one of those transfer do not go ahead will be funny to say the least
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #141: Jul 23, 2023 07:21:00 pm
      Imagine if if falls through because French Bulldogs aren’t allowed in Saudi.

I don’t think that’s a real thing.

Pit bulls are a different story.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #142: Jul 24, 2023 12:48:47 pm
      its only working,hunting dogs or Dogs for the blind etc that are apparently allowed he needs a kick in the bollox if this is indeed the problem.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #143: Jul 24, 2023 02:15:09 pm
      its only working,hunting dogs or Dogs for the blind etc that are apparently allowed he needs a kick in the bollox if this is indeed the problem.

Apparently you just check the box and say it's a guard dog. I think this is journalists being dummies (as usual).
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #144: Jul 24, 2023 03:04:52 pm
      Sounds like the Saudi owner is telling people it's all sorted now. should be announced soon.

There's no rule that an envelope full of money can't overcome.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #145: Jul 24, 2023 03:24:14 pm
      The dog rule was nonsense - typical social media gossip that spread and people believed
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #146: Jul 24, 2023 07:45:29 pm
      Quote from harrydunn08
      Is it possible that he (and others) believe the best way to accelerate change / progress in the middle east is to go straight into the belly of the beast and be an advocate for change?  These players and managers will have an excellent stage to make their beliefs known, and maybe that accessibility will help the next generation adopt more progressive beliefs?

No they won't. They're not interested in your way of life. They don't see it as progressive, quite the opposite. They have their culture and you're wasting your time trying to convert them. If you don't like it, stay at home.

Would I live there given the opportunity? No. For one inescapable fact. Riyadh is the hottest capital in the world, and the climate in that region at this time of year is frankly, intolerable. No amount of cash could change my mind.
      harrydunn08

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #147: Jul 24, 2023 09:47:56 pm
      No they won't. They're not interested in your way of life. They don't see it as progressive, quite the opposite. They have their culture and you're wasting your time trying to convert them. If you don't like it, stay at home.

I have several friends and colleagues from the middle east who would disagree with your assessment.  They all agree that most people from their respective homelands want a more progressive cultural and political landscape, but most are afraid to speak out for fear of being ostracized.  That isn't my opinion -- it's straight from people I know who have immigrated to the US from Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey. 
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,213 posts | 1221 
      Reply #148: Jul 24, 2023 10:15:25 pm
      There is a younger generation in the ME who want change but let's not sugar coat the truth when it comes to players moving there...it has precisely nothing to do with advocating for change. We can talk about it as an accidental fact of their greed that they happen to be closer to countries they can advocate for change in but it is no more than that. If you saw Gazza at your local boozer claiming to be there because it is the perfect place to advocate for teetotalism, who would believe him?
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #149: Jul 25, 2023 01:34:18 pm
      Bleedingred
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 486 posts | 79 
      Reply #150: Jul 25, 2023 01:38:38 pm
      I have several friends and colleagues from the middle east who would disagree with your assessment.  They all agree that most people from their respective homelands want a more progressive cultural and political landscape, but most are afraid to speak out for fear of being ostracized.  That isn't my opinion -- it's straight from people I know who have immigrated to the US from Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey.

And there's millions more who have stayed in their countries and don't want it like ours. They would like change but not to the level of us. They think we've gone mental in the west
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,190 posts | 4405 
      Reply #151: Jul 25, 2023 01:42:46 pm
      Free the Dogs!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #152: Jul 25, 2023 01:52:34 pm
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1089 
      Reply #153: Jul 25, 2023 01:57:42 pm
      He wants mbappe money obviously.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #154: Jul 25, 2023 02:00:30 pm
      Wouldn’t have an issue with him staying
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1089 
      Reply #155: Jul 25, 2023 02:10:23 pm

Be nice, but absolutely no way this happens and I think you know that. Lavia may or may not come in but only if fabinho leaves.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #156: Jul 25, 2023 02:20:47 pm
      Be nice, but absolutely no way this happens and I think you know that. Lavia may or may not come in but only if fabinho leaves.

The club have been looking to bring in Lavia before any talk of Fabinho leaving started
      Bleedingred
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 486 posts | 79 
      Reply #157: Jul 25, 2023 02:26:56 pm

So this "big rebuild" was two midfielders in?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #158: Jul 25, 2023 02:27:15 pm

Is the window closed ?
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1089 
      Reply #159: Jul 25, 2023 02:48:08 pm

2 in 5 out so far if fabinho goes. Unless anything happens that's the picture isn't it.

Whatever happens we're going in under equipped again. We're basically a skoda at the back. Nothing defensively has been improved.

No quality no6 brought in.

No backup for Salah.

Asking for trouble. They naysayers will deny it. They denied it till the cows came home last summer.

As it stands, without something significant happening a distant 4th is the absolute max we are getting next season.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #160: Jul 25, 2023 03:21:56 pm
      2 in 5 out so far if fabinho goes. Unless anything happens that's the picture isn't it.

Whatever happens we're going in under equipped again. We're basically a skoda at the back. Nothing defensively has been improved.

No quality no6 brought in.

No backup for Salah.

Asking for trouble. They naysayers will deny it. They denied it till the cows came home last summer.

As it stands, without something significant happening a distant 4th is the absolute max we are getting next season.

Doak is clearly the back up for Mo and also Elliot , Diaz , Jota etc can fit in there

The front line is an area that doesn’t need any signings

Quick Reply