Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Fabinho -> Al-Ittihad

Read 15613 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,006 posts | 3425 
      Re: Fabinho -> Al-Ittihad
      Reply #23: Jul 13, 2023 10:24:16 pm
      Will be hugely disappointed to see him go - and think the club will be made to let both him and Henderson go - so much experience going , seems daft for me
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,215 posts | 1221 
      Reply #24: Jul 13, 2023 10:36:42 pm
      Don't like the idea of losing so many experienced players all in the one go but if they want to leave what can you do? At least with Fab it looks like we could get a very good fee (probably double what a European club would pay) that would allow us to sign a very capable replacement. Hendo is the one I'm more surprised about, as he won't likely command a significant fee but we'd be losing our captain and the experience he brings to the squad.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,813 posts | 471 
      Reply #25: Jul 13, 2023 11:38:12 pm
      Take the 40 million and run. His form dropped like I’ve never seen last season. He had a great run with us, probably 3-4 season, then his play just went to hell.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #26: Jul 14, 2023 12:23:38 am
      New DOF with <1 month tenure and this will turn out to be one of the busiest windows in the last decade.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #27: Jul 14, 2023 02:01:48 am
      40M for Fab?  Yes please :)

I'm all for culling some of the older players.  Fab, Thiago, and Hendo can all go.  We would just need 2 good, young, healthy players coming in to replace those 3 (give me Tchouameni and Thuram).  We will still have plenty of depth with the likes of Elliot, Jones, Bajcetic, and Morton continuing to grow and develop. 
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,875 posts | 416 
      Reply #28: Jul 14, 2023 08:30:13 am
      From looking like an old team last season, with the transfers of Milly, Hendo and Fab we are now a team lacking leadership and experience.

Worrying - and yes I know Dom captains Hungary.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #29: Jul 14, 2023 08:34:07 am
      From looking like an old team last season, with the transfers of Milly, Hendo and Fab we are now a team lacking leadership and experience.

Worrying - and yes I know Dom captains Hungary.

Robbo - Captain scotland
      VVD - captain Holland
      Salah - Egypt Captain
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #30: Jul 14, 2023 08:53:23 am
      Not entirely sure why a player at 29 would basically retire from top level football to go to a pub league. What if they offer Ali 700k a week ... his 3 Brazilian mates as good as gone so Will he retire as well? Or Mo 1m a week. Where does it end?

But if we get 40m then I'm down with it. Re-invest it in a player like the fabinho of 5 years ago.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,993 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #31: Jul 14, 2023 09:02:41 am
      Not entirely sure why a player at 29 would basically retire from top level football to go to a pub league. What if they offer Ali 700k a week ... his 3 Brazilian mates as good as gone so Will he retire as well? Or Mo 1m a week. Where does it end?

But if we get 40m then I'm down with it. Re-invest it in a player like the fabinho of 5 years ago.

That’s it’s though Don it doesn’t end, it’s something we have to get use to. If you do get 40 million for Fab Dick Turpin used to wear a mask! What will your excuse be?  😂
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #32: Jul 14, 2023 09:06:19 am
      That’s it’s though Don it doesn’t end, it’s something we have to get use to. If you do get 40 million for Fab Dick Turpin used to wear a mask! What will your excuse be?  😂

I just said I'm down with 40m mate. He's a shell of what he used to be. It's good business

There's nothing to keep him here. The captain on the other hand ....
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #33: Jul 14, 2023 10:07:20 am
      At the end of the season fans were crying out how old and past it our midfield was. Now that they’re all being linked with moves away we’re crying that we can’t afford to let them go.

Don't think many would have thought we'd let Hendo and/or Fab go this summer with dross ahead of them in the queue to leave.
      Yes they are getting on in years, but think what most people would like to see is new guys come in, and then transition, and have some overlap, before the senior guys move on.

We go from last summer not doing midfield business, to now to this summer, having already shipped off three, granted two of tho bench warmers and no loss, Carvahlo also away, to maybe also letting our main guys, Fab and Hendo, go !!   Thiago also rumours around.  Who'll be left !!

If it wasn't for the Suadi investment fund, this wouldn't be happening. Why do they seem so intent on Liverpool players am not sure.

Don't think this is good for us, it unsettles the squad, and am sure causes a huge headache for Jürgen.  Can't imagine he'd want both to leave.

Personally I'd keep both Hendo and Fab. Thiago is more fringe and although good, could move on and replace.
      But Hendo and Fab, though not at their best last season, still played a lot of games and are important players in the club.
      But maybe one or both will want to leave, and thats a diff story.

But opinions seem to differ widely.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,479 posts | 217 
      Reply #34: Jul 14, 2023 10:16:50 am
      Don't think many would have thought we'd let Hendo and/or Fab go this summer with dross ahead of them in the queue to leave.
      Yes they are getting on in years, but think what most people would like to see is new guys come in, and then transition, and have some overlap, before the senior guys move on.

We go from last summer not doing midfield business, to now to this summer, having already shipped off three, granted two of tho bench warmers and no loss, Carvahlo also away, to maybe also letting our main guys, Fab and Hendo, go !!   Thiago also rumours around.  Who'll be left !!

If it wasn't for the Suadi investment fund, this wouldn't be happening. Why do they seem so intent on Liverpool players am not sure.

Don't think this is good for us, it unsettles the squad, and am sure causes a huge headache for Jürgen.  Can't imagine he'd want both to leave.

Personally I'd keep both Hendo and Fab. Thiago is more fringe and although good, could move on and replace.
      But Hendo and Fab, though not at their best last season, still played a lot of games and are important players in the club.

Fab has 2-3 more years left in him

But hendo really is on the verge of the end, it’s clear from last season

We should get his wages off our books and bank a 10-15m fee

Then try to buy another player, I think with Thiago having a year left, with how injured Thiago and hendo were

If we can sell both, get 20-25m fee in total and their huge wages off and then bring in one for young cm with quality who will play the same amount as they both did combined
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #35: Jul 14, 2023 10:19:22 am

I take alot of your points there mate. If klopp doesn't want them to go he should say no. They're under contract.

Unlike many I don't change my opinion when the wind changes direction. I've said all Summer fabinho needs moving on and a better player bringing in. Pity rice is about to join arsenal. Same with thiago.

It's different with Henderson. He's got this club running through his veins. He's the captain. He's part of the fabric of the club. He's the glue, the leader and offers so much to the club and the dressing room off the field as well as on it. His influence is invaluable.  The club needs to put its foot down and say 'not this summer' .
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #36: Jul 14, 2023 10:23:59 am
      In my head, I had fab and hendo staying for another couple of seasons,  maybe fab leaving next summer. A gradual changing of the gaurd.

Letting 5 senior MF players go in 1 summer was defo not the plan.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,875 posts | 416 
      Reply #37: Jul 14, 2023 10:46:31 am

Robbo - Captain scotland
      VVD - captain Holland
      Salah - Egypt Captain

Yes I know all that too. Sorry for not listing everything I know under my comment.

I dont see Mo as a vocal leader I think he concentrates on his own game. VVD will become the captain, Robbo the vice and Dom will grow to become a leader. But its huge changes in the dressing room and Hendo was respected by all as the main voice in there.

The point is we are losing a lot of experience and a lot of leadership....  and all at once.

It doesn't lend itself to a successful campaign ahead.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #38: Jul 14, 2023 11:02:07 am
      Yes I know all that too. Sorry for not listing everything I know under my comment.

I dont see Mo as a vocal leader I think he concentrates on his own game. VVD will become the captain, Robbo the vice and Dom will grow to become a leader. But its huge changes in the dressing room and Hendo was respected by all as the main voice in there.

The point is we are losing a lot of experience and a lot of leadership....  and all at once.

It doesn't lend itself to a successful campaign ahead.

totally agree, No way klopp wanted to lose all thsi experience, he will have wanted a gradual replacement of experience.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #39: Jul 14, 2023 11:05:32 am
      In my head, I had fab and hendo staying for another couple of seasons,  maybe fab leaving next summer. A gradual changing of the gaurd.

Letting 5 senior MF players go in 1 summer was defo not the plan.

Unfortunately FSG economics eliminates sentiment but ultimately experience is a casualty!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #40: Jul 14, 2023 11:37:25 am
      Unfortunately FSG economics eliminates sentiment but ultimately experience is a casualty!

Not convinced this is all FSG economics man.

Maybe a wee bit, but mostly players wanting a move or being tempted away.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,943 posts | 4999 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #41: Jul 14, 2023 11:52:23 am
      Oh I so wish I was involved with this Al-ittihad thingy, they are very obviously awash with dollar, and they thru Gerrard want to rape our club of two of our most experienced midfielders, well ok we can do a deal for both if you want them so badly….so here’s the deal, take it or F**k OFF, ……

£100m and I’ll drive the pair of them to the f***in airport myself, deal or no f***in deal. ??

Aren’t you all just f***in sick to death of how the Saudi’s think that they can buy every f***in thing they set their greedy f***in eyes on, we’ve all witnessed just how fraudulent they can be with the shenanigans they have employed with Citeh,
      We’ve se them ramp up and take over the Geordies, we’ve seen them putting a spanner in the works of professional golf and Golfers, where the F**k will it end…..

Well it f***in ends with Liverpool, so take the deal on offer and F**k off back to the desert, their football, their golf and their everything else sports wise is substandard, they’ve seen the Billions involved and want to be part of it, they say, if you can’t beat them, join them, in their case it’s not join them but buy them, buy them out is what they want,

This has to stop, because what we are seeing is football as we know it, in its Death Throes, how long will it be before they offer our top most players, the best of the best to play in the Saudi league, which will mean the English Premier League as we know it, being a substandard league, like Serie A, like Lique 1, like the Bundesliga !!!   

£100m ….Deal or No Deal ???
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,993 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #42: Jul 14, 2023 12:10:15 pm
      Oh I so wish I was involved with this Al-ittihad thingy, they are very obviously awash with dollar, and they thru Gerrard want to rape our club of two of our most experienced midfielders, well ok we can do a deal for both if you want them so badly….so here’s the deal, take it or F**k OFF, ……

£100m and I’ll drive the pair of them to the f***in airport myself, deal or no f***in deal. ??

Aren’t you all just f***in sick to death of how the Saudi’s think that they can buy every f***in thing they set their greedy f***in eyes on, we’ve all witnessed just how fraudulent they can be with the shenanigans they have employed with Citeh,
      We’ve se them ramp up and take over the Geordies, we’ve seen them putting a spanner in the works of professional golf and Golfers, where the F**k will it end…..

Well it f***in ends with Liverpool, so take the deal on offer and F**k off back to the desert, their football, their golf and their everything else sports wise is substandard, they’ve seen the Billions involved and want to be part of it, they say, if you can’t beat them, join them, in their case it’s not join them but buy them, buy them out is what they want,

This has to stop, because what we are seeing is football as we know it, in its Death Throes, how long will it be before they offer our top most players, the best of the best to play in the Saudi league, which will mean the English Premier League as we know it, being a substandard league, like Serie A, like Lique 1, like the Bundesliga !!!   

£100m ….Deal or No Deal ???

Good post.

Can see why your  letting all your frustrations out and understandably so, I actually agree in principle with all your points but I just can’t see anyway round it and as good as given up trying. Maybe it’s an age thing why I’ve given up fighting the course and just want to see a little more success before my times up. 🤷‍♂️

It’s becoming a sad end to football and also golf like you’ve said.

They bought one of your legends possibly two captains.
      They’ve bought the biggest twatter follower (Ronaldo) to get brownie points.
      It would appear their philosophy is to just buy the most important people/players of our generation and the rest follow, sadly that’s happening and more will follow.

The oilys have taken over the world… Well at least football and golf! What’s next?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,006 posts | 3425 
      Reply #43: Jul 14, 2023 12:16:51 pm
      what does it have to do with FSG is a club wants to buy Fabinho
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,943 posts | 4999 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #44: Jul 14, 2023 02:27:29 pm
      Good post.

Can see why your  letting all your frustrations out and understandably so, I actually agree in principle with all your points but I just can’t see anyway round it and as good as given up trying. Maybe it’s an age thing why I’ve given up fighting the course and just want to see a little more success before my times up. 🤷‍♂️

It’s becoming a sad end to football and also golf like you’ve said.

They bought one of your legends possibly two captains.
      They’ve bought the biggest twatter follower (Ronaldo) to get brownie points.
      It would appear their philosophy is to just buy the most important people/players of our generation and the rest follow, sadly that’s happening and more will follow.

The oilys have taken over the world… Well at least football and golf! What’s next?

Sadly mate you are spot on, f***in hell Keith, shall we get the bunting out, us both being in the same camp ?? 😇

Like you I’m too old in the tooth now to indulge myself too much in the politics of football, there just seems there’s a inevitability about all of this, after all it’s money that talks and the oily’s have probably the lions share of global wealth,

A few months back I brought to the forum the concept of Neoliberalism, this where it originates, with the Saudi’s, they have almost total dominance of world leaders, think back to President Bush, the first, he struck up deals with the Saudi’s and it’s no secret he is very friendly with a few Arab kings,

Now i dunno if you were aware that immediately after 9/11, and I mean only a few hours, all flights in and out of the States were grounded….except one……and on that flight were 11 members of the Bin Laden family, now read of that what you will but if that doesn’t stink of extremely fishy goings on then F**k knows what is ???

I apologise if I have deviated somewhat off the topic, however I do think it’s partly relevant of how the Saudi’s can influence global leaders, so therefore their ‘Bullying’ of Western sports ventures will seem to them like a walk in the desert !!

YNWA
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #45: Jul 14, 2023 02:38:00 pm
      Who can find me a contact in one of these oily clubs. Id get my lad over there asap to make what he can while he's young enough to do it.
      As much as we disagree with it, it ain't going away, so make what you can from it while you can !

Quick Reply