Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Dele Ali

Read 4502 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Dele Ali
      Jul 13, 2023 12:06:49 pm
      Just watched Neville’s interview, the Overlap, and I’m telling you that if you don’t get emotional you’re not human,
      It’s beyond anyone’s comprehension what the fella has gone through in his life, I had to pause it to dry my eyes, and even now a good hour after watching I still get that lump in my throat,

What you see is Dele Ali coming back to life, that same Dele Ali who had the world at his feet and was destined to be the world class player he promised to be, there are too many things we all take for granted as football fans, we see how much they can earn, we see what kind of social lifestyles they have etc etc,

But what we don’t see is the turmoil of fame & fortune, they other side such players like Dele Ali keep hidden, even then we mock and cajole and believe that having all that money how can they be depressed, we have seen other players fall by the wayside in the last decade, some seek help, some don’t and eventually pay the ultimate price, Gary Speed immediately springs to mind,

Now I’m not certain that I’m guilty of sticking the boot into players in similar circumstances, i probably have been as fickle as the next bloke, from now on I’ll refrain from sticking my boot in, and think more of what perhaps said player may be going thru personally rather just taking the piss because I can.

Dele Ali is in a good place now, even if he plays for Blueshite, I’m so happy for him to have come through what he has, even though I nor anyone else will never fully understand his experiences, I think for him to reveal all in a open and frank interview speaks volumes about the man’s character, his bravery stands out miles, where a lot of folk may not have the same courage to do so,

God bless you Dele Ali !!!      You’ll Never Walk Alone

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,988 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Dele Ali
      Reply #1: Jul 13, 2023 12:14:39 pm
      Just watched Neville’s interview, the Overlap, and I’m telling you that if you don’t get emotional you’re not human,
      It’s beyond anyone’s comprehension what the fella has gone through in his life, I had to pause it to dry my eyes, and even now a good hour after watching I still get that lump in my throat,

What you see is Dele Ali coming back to life, that same Dele Ali who had the world at his feet and was destined to be the world class player he promised to be, there are too many things we all take for granted as football fans, we see how much they can earn, we see what kind of social lifestyles they have etc etc,

But what we don’t see is the turmoil of fame & fortune, they other side such players like Dele Ali keep hidden, even then we mock and cajole and believe that having all that money how can they be depressed, we have seen other players fall by the wayside in the last decade, some seek help, some don’t and eventually pay the ultimate price, Gary Speed immediately springs to mind,

Now I’m not certain that I’m guilty of sticking the boot into players in similar circumstances, i probably have been as fickle as the next bloke, from now on I’ll refrain from sticking my boot in, and think more of what perhaps said player may be going thru personally rather just taking the piss because I can.

Dele Ali is in a good place now, even if he plays for Blueshite, I’m so happy for him to have come through what he has, even though I nor anyone else will never fully understand his experiences, I think for him to reveal all in a open and frank interview speaks volumes about the man’s character, his bravery stands out miles, where a lot of folk may not have the same courage to do so,

God bless you Dele Ali !!!      You’ll Never Walk Alone

Not watched it yet but fcuk me Billy Buster you do have a heart then 😂  Sounds like a sad watch 😢
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      Reply #2: Jul 13, 2023 12:25:16 pm
      Not watched it yet but fcuk me Billy Buster you do have a heart then 😂  Sounds like a sad watch 😢

It’s heartbreaking mate, honestly, but don’t take my emotional word for it, you will know when you watch it yourself!!

YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,988 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3: Jul 13, 2023 12:28:25 pm

It’s heartbreaking mate, honestly, but don’t take my emotional word for it, you will know when you watch it yourself!!

YNWA

Watching it now………..
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,288 posts | 763 
      Reply #4: Jul 13, 2023 01:05:54 pm

YNWA
      I will take a look later today...Perhaps there's a way to correct his name on the thread to Alli, as opposed to Ali?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #5: Jul 13, 2023 01:16:26 pm
      Heartbreaking stuff and a real reminder to be nice to people as you never know what they are going through.

I hope he turns it around and good for him for being brave enough to get his story out there.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,988 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6: Jul 13, 2023 01:29:04 pm

YNWA

Watching it now………..

That’s not an easy watch Billy. 🤢 choked up when Neville put his hand on Dele knee in comfort. Dele came over really well considering. What’s more remarkable given what he went through at the age of 6 to 12 how the hell has he managed to turn things around in a pivotal part of his life growing up to become a professional football player.

He’s still only 27 which makes it all the more astonishing, I’d give him a standing ovation if/when he plays his first premier league game again. As is the norm these days ripped apart on social media and only now we’re finding out what really went on.

Nothing but respect for him and I’ll be cheering the lad on when he returns.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #7: Jul 13, 2023 01:40:50 pm
      That was horrific. I really felt for him. That's alot for a young lad to deal with and also to have those scares in your head growing up. It's only going to push you down the road he travelled.

As someone who was once detained in a psychiatric unit for my own well being and someone who struggles alot everyday with MH issues that I try and Bury each day beneath the surface, I'm really proud of him for speaking out.

Everyday, we're all living and fighting our own battle. Well done Deli Alli , both for speaking up and surviving all this time with that bag of rocks on your back. Wishing him the best going forward and he has shown he can be a top player. He's only 27 ... hes got the time to get back to what he does best now he's well on the road to moving forward.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      Reply #8: Jul 13, 2023 02:06:46 pm

That’s not an easy watch Billy. 🤢 choked up when Neville put his hand on Dele knee in comfort. Dele came over really well considering. What’s more remarkable given what he went through at the age of 6 to 12 how the hell has he managed to turn things around in a pivotal part of his life growing up to become a professional football player.

He’s still only 27 which makes it all the more astonishing, I’d give him a standing ovation if/when he plays his first premier league game again. As is the norm these days ripped apart on social media and only now we’re finding out what really went on.

Nothing but respect for him and I’ll be cheering the lad on when he returns.

Yeah mate, was a difficult watch, even now it’s still hurtful when thinking about it, I agree mate and actually thought the shame regarding a standing ovation, for me this is a massive turning point in his career, he said it himself that he has found the love and the passion for the game again, I also share the same respect for him and I think his peers too will be perhaps more courteous, whoever they play for, very best of luck to him, except against us of course 😁

YNWA
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #9: Jul 13, 2023 07:54:11 pm
      explains his lack of form etc but who then allowed him to go abroad etc and they were not kind at all to him. Hope he gets to were he wants to be.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,231 posts | 919 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #10: Jul 14, 2023 08:40:26 pm
      Always thought he was a better player than how he performed, perhaps we now no the reason, hope he sorts his life out. He has had a hard life
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 764 
      Reply #11: Jul 16, 2023 11:42:19 am
      Wish him well for the rest of his career, after opening up, about his private life. He deserves support from football fans and all people around him
      DanMann

• 5,754 posts | 883 
      Reply #12: Jul 17, 2023 10:45:03 am
      His story whilst true seems rather convenient timing..
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #13: Jul 17, 2023 10:56:10 am

Why is that? I doubt he told the world he was molested as a child just to get a sympathy move somewhere 🙄
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,188 posts | 4404 
      Reply #14: Jul 17, 2023 12:11:13 pm

He came out with it before our lovely press revealed the story!

DanMann

• 5,754 posts | 883 
      Reply #15: Jul 17, 2023 06:18:57 pm
      Why is that? I doubt he told the world he was molested as a child just to get a sympathy move somewhere 🙄

Why has he told his story now just as he is 'starting afresh' this season with Everton?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,981 posts | 3421 
      Reply #16: Jul 17, 2023 07:50:25 pm
      Why has he told his story now just as he is 'starting afresh' this season with Everton?

Does it matter ?
      RomaN
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts | 38 
      Reply #17: Jul 18, 2023 07:30:59 am

To cu*ts like Dan apparently so 🙄
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 764 
      Reply #18: Jul 18, 2023 01:43:33 pm
      No one deserves to go through what Deli Ali suffered. That is why the vast majority of posters, wish him well for the future !
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,374 posts | 2821 
      Reply #19: Jul 18, 2023 01:58:12 pm

Not surprised one bit that you've posted something like that.
      DanMann

• 5,754 posts | 883 
      Reply #20: Jul 19, 2023 01:25:55 am
      Well, his PR and Management team will be delighted with the response to his beautifully timed account of his life. All of a sudden his attitude and waste of talent is "understandable". Strange he didn't open up when he was at the height of his career.

I know people who have had and still have a much tougher life than him, and yet they are facing life head on. I have no time for these wealthy and famous people looking for attention.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,981 posts | 3421 
      Reply #21: Jul 19, 2023 05:36:33 am
      Well, his PR and Management team will be delighted with the response to his beautifully timed account of his life. All of a sudden his attitude and waste of talent is "understandable". Strange he didn't open up when he was at the height of his career.

I know people who have had and still have a much tougher life than him, and yet they are facing life head on. I have no time for these wealthy and famous people looking for attention.

What a special one you are
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,988 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #22: Jul 19, 2023 08:55:54 am

Wow no sympathy votes your side Dan. 😱 You’re a hard man for sure. 😂 I think he more than deserves a second chance, we know media can spin these stories but I believe every bit of this one. I’d give him a standard ovation if I was at his first match when he comes back hopefully.

Quick Reply