Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Saudi Pro League

Read 11672 times
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,219 posts | 1221 
      Re: Saudi Pro League 🇸🇦
      Reply #92: Aug 22, 2023 08:37:25 pm
      Anyone who thinks the Saudi league will soon displace the Champions League as the world's premier club competition is clearly on a wind up. The common themes among players leaving to go there is they are aging, on the fringes of their team or past their best due to injury and loss of form. If they are younger players or considered to be in their prime, none of them have achieved anything of note in the game and have abandoned such hopes in favour of massive payday e.g. Neves. No top European team would pay the money despite being linked many times with Barce, us, City etc. Would you rather triple your wage or win f*ck all in a team like Wolves?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #93: Aug 23, 2023 05:45:58 pm
      The UEFA clubs remind me more and more of the NATO countries. Unfortunately just as hypocritical. Always raid and exploit smaller ones. But when someone else comes along and tries it on them, it's easy to panic, want to change the rules, and do whatever it takes to stop this "destruction." You think you're at war. The propaganda is also the same. Your losses are constantly being downplayed, while the enemy will never have a chance to succeed and will eventually collapse.

One should take it easy and accept that the Saudis have now entered the football market. And if they mean business (which they likely will at least until 2030), no league in the world will be able to stand in their way, let alone clubs.

The power of the petrodollar is tremendous. Even world powers orientate themselves on him. It has brought down some and has the potential to bring down more. Better not to declare war on them. That has already cost Barca their heads in the case of Verratti. And that was just PSG.

Again will end up like Chinese Super League.

Same thing happened there that is happening now in Saudi.

What the F**k happened to that league after everyone stopped giving a F**k?

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #94: Aug 24, 2023 10:00:24 am
      morisjee
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Reply #95: Aug 24, 2023 05:25:10 pm
      I think with this pace they will conquer club football very soon.

Have you already thought about which Saudi club you will support soon? I would lean towards al-Ittihad because of Salah and Fabinho, but the name means "United" in Arabic. I think I have to look for something else.

Edit: By the way, al-Hilal means "crescent" and al-Nassr "the victory". What would suit a Liverpool best?

Not to forget al-Ahli: community/the team.

What do you all mean?
      « Last Edit: Aug 24, 2023 05:32:45 pm by morisjee »
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,875 posts | 420 
      Reply #96: Aug 24, 2023 05:27:39 pm

How many young players have moved. The majority have been the wrong side of 28 and looking for a pay day.

Same F***ing situation as the Chinese league. No one will give a F**k about it in a couple of years time.

I think this is very different. The Chinese government had a change of heart. The Saudis are doubling down.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #97: Aug 24, 2023 05:29:48 pm

Have you already thought about which Saudi club you will support soon? I would lean towards al-Ittihad because of Salah and Fabinho, but the name means "United" in Arabic. I think I have to look for something else.

Same type of players moved to China.

I support one team and one team only!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,011 posts | 2714 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #98: Aug 24, 2023 05:32:06 pm

Have you already thought about which Saudi club you will support soon?

You’re joking obviously? Why would we want to follow a Saudi club when we have the best league in world football.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #99: Aug 24, 2023 05:36:48 pm
      I think this is very different. The Chinese government had a change of heart. The Saudis are doubling down.

Cos they want the world cup.

Anyone genuinely arsed about half the knackered arl bas**rds like Ronaldo playing over there?

If they had got M'bappe that would of been a statement - instead he told them to F***ing do one - why is that? Cos players like him still want to play in Europe and win the genuine recognised competitions ;)
      morisjee
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Reply #100: Aug 24, 2023 05:37:11 pm
      You’re joking obviously? Why would we want to follow a Saudi club when we have the best league in world football.

But at the beginning it was said that only old players go to Saudi Arabia. I say they don't stop until they buy football completely.

And UEFA will give you wildcards. If only because the TV wants to have the stars in the program. There will be no league in the world that can withstand this sheer endless abundance in the long term.

Our modern world doesn't stand a chance against the capital that Saudi Arabia can and obviously wants to pay. And the Saudis will prove that to the world. Because they can.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #101: Aug 24, 2023 05:38:34 pm
      But at the beginning it was said that only old players go to Saudi Arabia. I say they don't stop until they buy football completely.

And UEFA will give you wildcards. If only because the TV wants to have the stars in the program. There will be no league in the world that can withstand this sheer endless abundance in the long term.

Our modern world doesn't stand a chance against the capital that Saudi Arabia can and obviously wants to pay. And the Saudis will prove that to the world. Because they can.

M'bappe said no!

End of argument  - Saudi is still a good destination for those over the hill players to retire :laugh:
      morisjee
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Reply #102: Aug 24, 2023 05:40:47 pm
       The circus just moves on. Now the EPL is no longer the end of the food chain, but the league in Saudi Arabia. But the rules remain the same.

Let's see how long it will be before Pep arrives there.

The Saudis have announced they want to have over 100 European players in their league in 12 months; and it's obviously not just the older players.

Do we, as Europeans, have to get upset about this? Of course not, because we've been doing the same thing for decades (with players from South America, Asia and Africa).

Will the Saudi league change world football? For sure! Who says that in three years players like Musiala, Alvarez, Bellingham and Co won't appear there? I think the owners of the PL clubs are really fed up with the fact that the Saudis are doing exactly what the "English" sheikhs have been doing for many years.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,875 posts | 420 
      Reply #103: Aug 24, 2023 05:41:21 pm
      Cos they want the world cup.

Anyone genuinely arsed about half the knackered arl bas**rds like Ronaldo playing over there?

If they had got M'bappe that would of been a statement - instead he told them to F***ing do one - why is that? Cos players like him still want to play in Europe and win the genuine recognised competitions ;)

Nah its not for me that league but you can see they have bottomless resources and the short term impact that can have on the footballing eco system is there for all to see.

You have no mark clubs from over there literally bullying some of the biggest clubs in the world for its players.

A lot of them are older and seeking a last pay day but there's not many of these signings that have been shoved out the door by the selling side.

There transfer window ends a week after ours does. They will be doing that so they can continue poaching players from Europe.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #104: Aug 24, 2023 05:42:15 pm

Got a Saudi spy in our midst's, and a sh*t one at that!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #105: Aug 24, 2023 05:46:55 pm
      Nah its not for me that league but you can see they have bottomless resources and the short term impact that can have on the footballing eco system is there for all to see.

You have no mark clubs from over there literally bullying some of the biggest clubs in the world for its players.

A lot of them are older and seeking a last pay day but there's not many of these signings that have been shoved out the door by the selling side.

There transfer window ends a week after ours does. They will be doing that so they can continue poaching players from Europe.

And most of the players that have gone are F***ing finished in the top leagues.

Jesus I wouldn't be arsed, it's a joke of a league propped up by a murdering pr**k in MBS and a load of over 30 year olds after a pay day.

I thank the Saudi League, without them we wouldn't have a transfer budget :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #106: Aug 24, 2023 05:48:14 pm
      Got a Saudi spy in our midst's, and a sh*t one at that!

Sounds like one of those pricks from a communications PR team that used to come on and smoke cock about G & H :laugh:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #107: Aug 24, 2023 05:50:00 pm
      The circus just moves on. Now the EPL is no longer the end of the food chain, but the league in Saudi Arabia. But the rules remain the same.

Let's see how long it will be before Pep arrives there.

The Saudis have announced they want to have over 100 European players in their league in 12 months; and it's obviously not just the older players.

Do we, as Europeans, have to get upset about this? Of course not, because we've been doing the same thing for decades (with players from South America, Asia and Africa).

Will the Saudi league change world football? For sure! Who says that in three years players like Musiala, Alvarez, Bellingham and Co won't appear there? I think the owners of the PL clubs are really fed up with the fact that the Saudis are doing exactly what the "English" sheikhs have been doing for many years.

What this European sh*t, div?

Haven't you heard of Brexit :laugh:

How much you getting paid to kiss Saudis arse?
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,875 posts | 420 
      Reply #108: Aug 24, 2023 05:54:31 pm

Jesus I wouldn't be arsed, it's a joke of a league propped up by a murdering pr**k in MBS and a load of over 30 year olds after a pay day.

I thank the Saudi League, without them we wouldn't have a transfer budget :lmao:

Well we sold Fab and Hendo and spent 18 million of it back!!
      morisjee
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Reply #109: Aug 24, 2023 05:54:41 pm

The last 30 top transfers all felt between 24-29. It's a very weird retirement league.

If you see which names are running around at the top clubs in the SPL, these names could just as well have been in a UCL semi-final:

al-Ittihad is still at the beginning of his squad planning. In addition to Fabinho, Kante, Jota* Benzema, 4-5 other top-class players are expected (DeGea, Varane, Marquinhos, Gabriel, Salah...? *is awarded?)
      al Hilal: Bono, Koulibaly, Savic, Neves, Malcom, Mitrovic, Neymar (a new top - LB/RB, to come)
      al-Nassr: Telles, Laporte, Fofana, Brozovic, Otavio, Talisca*, Ronaldo, Mane (Allison, Lloris, DeGea *will likely be replaced by a notable winger)
      al-Ahli: Mendy, Ibanez, Demiral, Kessie, Maximin, Firmino, Mahrez (DePaul, Verrati?)
      ... a very strange pensioners' league.
      morisjee
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Reply #110: Aug 24, 2023 05:57:03 pm
      ...and they still have almost a month of transfer window open. If this continues, they will easily be joined by 20 top players. The SPL has already gained an unbelievable amount of level, quality and attractiveness. It will be easier and easier for other players and talents to switch to the SPL. What will it look like after 3-4 years? Ambitious players want to play with and against the best. And that will be there at this rate.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #111: Aug 24, 2023 06:02:56 pm
      M'bappe said no!

End of argument  - Saudi is still a good destination for those over the hill players to retire :laugh:

Yup. A rich man's MLS. Nothing more.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #112: Aug 24, 2023 06:05:00 pm
      The last 30 top transfers all felt between 24-29. It's a very weird retirement league.

If you see which names are running around at the top clubs in the SPL, these names could just as well have been in a UCL semi-final:

al-Ittihad is still at the beginning of his squad planning. In addition to Fabinho, Kante, Jota* Benzema, 4-5 other top-class players are expected (DeGea, Varane, Marquinhos, Gabriel, Salah...? *is awarded?)
      al Hilal: Bono, Koulibaly, Savic, Neves, Malcom, Mitrovic, Neymar (a new top - LB/RB, to come)
      al-Nassr: Telles, Laporte, Fofana, Brozovic, Otavio, Talisca*, Ronaldo, Mane (Allison, Lloris, DeGea *will likely be replaced by a notable winger)
      al-Ahli: Mendy, Ibanez, Demiral, Kessie, Maximin, Firmino, Mahrez (DePaul, Verrati?)
      ... a very strange pensioners' league.

Lots of players you're mentioning who haven't actually signed you lying tw*t
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #113: Aug 24, 2023 06:06:44 pm
      Saudi - F**k off Mo's not for sale.

Leave some kidda on the phone in Kirkby constantly replying "not for sale laaaaaaaaaaaaad"
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #114: Aug 24, 2023 06:08:38 pm

Edit: By the way, al-Hilal means "crescent" and al-Nassr "the victory". What would suit a Liverpool best?

Not to forget al-Ahli: community/the team.

What do you all mean?

Conquer club football 😂😂

Quick Reply