Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Romeo Lavia (Southampton)

Read 47854 times
      cocker the red
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts | 10 
      Re: Romeo Lavia (Southampton)
      Reply #1288: Aug 14, 2023 06:59:49 pm
      Money talks and all these players plus agents are Greedy f**ks
      Bleedingred
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 486 posts | 79 
      Reply #1289: Aug 14, 2023 07:00:01 pm
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,037 posts | 3430 
      Reply #1290: Aug 14, 2023 07:00:53 pm
      They bidded the same amount as us or are you blind?

You're a joke

😂😂. Are you that stupid to not even see what he says
      Bleedingred
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 486 posts | 79 
      Reply #1291: Aug 14, 2023 07:02:07 pm
      😂😂. Are you that stupid to not even see what he says

I don't F***ing care at this point. I'm more bothered about us getting are ass spanked by Chelsea in the transfer market
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,037 posts | 3430 
      Reply #1292: Aug 14, 2023 07:02:23 pm
      I don't F***ing care at this point. I'm more bothered about us getting are ass spanked by Chelsea in the transfer market

😂😂😂
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,701 posts | 148 
      Reply #1293: Aug 14, 2023 07:05:13 pm
      Every team get rejected at some point, sure we are getting bantered by everyone but then who gives a F**k. Chelsea got rejected by Rapinha, Kounde last season and Ugarte this season, we just need to react to this and go sign a DM, plenty of quality DMs are still available outside of England.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1294: Aug 14, 2023 07:06:06 pm
      Uh....you realize there's two weeks left. If there are so many options, why didn't we go after them instead of haggling over a few million for Lavia for 3 weeks and getting into a bidding war for Chelsea for Caicedo?

This reeks of being unprepared and reactive as opposed to proactive. Afraid my optimism has also run out. Guess I'll hope that Thiago and Bajcetic can stay healthy and do the job.

I get it and I agree, but everyone up in arms saying the same stuff over and over and proclaiming the end if the world is a bit much. A lot can happen in two weeks.
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #1295: Aug 14, 2023 07:08:03 pm
      Every team get rejected at some point, sure we are getting bantered by everyone but then who gives a F**k. Chelsea got rejected by Rapinha, Kounde last season and Ugarte this season, we just need to react to this and go sign a DM, plenty of quality DMs are still available outside of England.

Time now mate isn't our friend. I don't want another melo. If we can get someone Jürgen truly wants and is sold on then great ... but not someone to make the numbers up.

Selling this late in the window comes at a premium as the selling club needs to line up replacements quickly and they will come at a premium also.

It's difficult now as everyone knows how desperate we are.
      RedBelle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 815 posts | 134 
      Reply #1296: Aug 14, 2023 07:09:05 pm
      What I find very very worrying is that in the past we very much kept our own counsel about our targets and it was never announced until everything was done and dusted. What's changed?
      Why have we now become unable to hold our own water and ignore all the rumours etc, keep our mouths shut and say bugger all until we're sure that we're going to get who we want?
      I actually don't care that neither of these two prefer the classless Chavs to us - but I do care that our beloved Club has become a laughing stock
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6385 
      Reply #1297: Aug 14, 2023 07:09:53 pm
      What I find very very worrying is that in the past we very much kept our own counsel about our targets and it was never announced until everything was done and dusted. What's changed?
      Why have we now become unable to hold our own water and ignore all the rumours etc, keep our mouths shut and say bugger all until we're sure that we're going to get who we want?
      I actually don't care that neither of these two prefer the classless Chavs to us - but I do care that our beloved Club has become a laughing stock

We can only keep our side quiet. If the selling club leaks info there's nothing we can do. That's a tactic by them as well to help their negotiations.
      Coops8989
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #1298: Aug 14, 2023 07:13:20 pm
      I’m probably in the minority here but I’m genuinely not bothered that Lavia and Caceido aren’t signing. Since when was it the Liverpool way to try and convince a Brighton player and a relegated Southampton player to join the club. If they’d rather go to Chelsea then I’d prefer us to pull out. Most of the players we have signed under Klopp were signed because they have demonstrated a willingness to come, and in some cases like Van Dijk they rejected Chelsea and City withou much convincing. That’s the type of player I want at the club.
      CT_LFC

• 6,810 posts | 1402 
      Reply #1299: Aug 14, 2023 07:19:55 pm
      I’m probably in the minority here but I’m genuinely not bothered that Lavia and Caceido aren’t signing. Since when was it the Liverpool way to try and convince a Brighton player and a relegated Southampton player to join the club. If they’d rather go to Chelsea then I’d prefer us to pull out. Most of the players we have signed under Klopp were signed because they have demonstrated a willingness to come, and in some cases like Van Dijk they rejected Chelsea and City withou much convincing. That’s the type of player I want at the club.

Other players like Gotze, Sane, Gundogan have also turned us down in the past. World didn't end then either, but the reactions have been priceless. To think some of these people melting down are actually adults is just hilarious.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,062 posts | 2109 
      Reply #1300: Aug 14, 2023 07:28:58 pm

Exactly. If they don't want to come, they don't want to come. F**k them and embrace those who do want to play for us. Christ, who remembers the first hissy fit over Clint Dempsey in 2012?
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,026 posts | 529 
      Reply #1301: Aug 14, 2023 07:31:06 pm
      Surprised we aren't getting Lavia, thought them getting Caicedo would end their interest. Ah well, said before that a 19 year old probably wouldn't be enough to rely on this season. Go out and get a more experienced starter (should've moved for this already but it's not too late).
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,997 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1302: Aug 14, 2023 07:31:21 pm
      Exactly. If they don't want to come, they don't want to come. F**k them and embrace those who do want to play for us. Christ, who remembers the first hissy fit over Clint Dempsey in 2012?

That use to be the way mate but with all this money involved now it’s takes president over who you’d love to play for in most cases.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,701 posts | 148 
      Reply #1303: Aug 14, 2023 07:33:39 pm
      Thank goodness Bournemouth have met Tyler Adam’s release clause….
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #1304: Aug 14, 2023 07:34:39 pm
      Surprised we aren't getting Lavia, thought them getting Caicedo would end their interest. Ah well, said before that a 19 year old probably wouldn't be enough to rely on this season. Go out and get a more experienced starter (should've moved for this already but it's not too late).

So did I. Then I checked Chavs squad and realised they were in as bad a midfield crisis as us they sold most their mf's. Makes sense now why they are buying Lavia as well.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #1305: Aug 14, 2023 08:01:19 pm
      So did I. Then I checked Chavs squad and realised they were in as bad a midfield crisis as us they sold most their mf's. Makes sense now why they are buying Lavia as well.

Agree, theyve been chasing Caicedo since the window opened apparently. They needed to replace Kante. They've already got Enzo so what they lost in Kovocic is covered there so good luck on the Chavs bench Romeo.
      Gomo
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts | 10 
      Reply #1306: Aug 14, 2023 08:09:43 pm
      Our pursuit of lavia has been a joke all window he should have been wrapped up weeks ago

That said what kind of fool.goes to a smaller club like Chelsea to play under an inferior manager choosing plastic bridge over anfield.

It makes no footballing sense for lavia especially considering they've just signed caicedo In his position and he'd be an almost nailed on starter for us...

But if henderson can sell out to saudi for a few quid I'm really.not surprised at anything anymore they are all mercenarys who value their bank balances over the beautifully game.

F**k him and F**k caicedo

If they aren't jumping through hoops to play for klopp we don't want them.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,849 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #1307: Aug 14, 2023 08:21:12 pm

Totally agree, if the player don't want to play for this club then bollocks to them !I'd much rather we signed someone who wants us and a defender personally as cover for Virgil and Ibrahim
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3919 
      Reply #1308: Aug 14, 2023 08:23:44 pm
      Our pursuit of lavia has been a joke all window he should have been wrapped up weeks ago

That said what kind of fool.goes to a smaller club like Chelsea to play under an inferior manager choosing plastic bridge over anfield.

It makes no footballing sense for lavia especially considering they've just signed caicedo In his position and he'd be an almost nailed on starter for us...

But if henderson can sell out to saudi for a few quid I'm really.not surprised at anything anymore they are all mercenarys who value their bank balances over the beautifully game.

F**k him and F**k caicedo

If they aren't jumping through hoops to play for klopp we don't want them.

Yep F**k those cu*ts
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #1309: Aug 14, 2023 08:33:56 pm
      Only F**k up was trying to low ball Southampton, if we really wanted the player, we could have easily got the deal done about two weeks ago!

Surprised a trophy hasn't been commissioned for the transfer window they were some of our fans have been losing their heads over transfers.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,062 posts | 2109 
      Reply #1310: Aug 14, 2023 08:43:06 pm
      I can't be the only one thinking throughout these last few weeks that surely to god there are many grand DMs out there that aren't Lavia? I mean, we're paying purely for prospect rather than anything else. Worth remembering that he was part of a dire Southampton side as well. Sadly our pursuit of him seems to have filled his ego into thinking that he's worth getting into a bidding war with Chelsea over.

Reader...he ain't. He'll turn out to be another bang average Belgian somebody in a few years.

Quick Reply