Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Romeo Lavia (Southampton)

Read 47819 times
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,266 posts | 281 
      • Let's talk about six
      Re: Romeo Lavia (Southampton)
      Reply #23: Jul 25, 2023 05:00:01 pm
      Pay the £50 million as Chavs sniffing around apparently. Get it done as he’s so young and could be a mainstay for years. Looking like a great transfer window if this happens 🤙🏽
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #24: Jul 25, 2023 05:11:45 pm
      Happy to hear that we are in for him, I really like him. He’s quick, strong and mobile. Really likes a tackle, is a proper DM but he can play a bit too. Is just what we need. Sooner we get it done the better.

If Chelsea are sniffing around for a fall back on Caicedo then that’s deffo another reason to move quickly.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #25: Jul 25, 2023 05:12:30 pm
      I maintain that we pay £100m so that it will be beyond any other club's reach and we will get the deal done immediately.

What is more important than getting the player in right now? We must win at all costs.

£100m go!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #26: Jul 25, 2023 05:18:36 pm
      valued at £50mil by club who is worth what these days is open to debate is it a coincidence Fab is going for £40mil and that is what we have offered we must be saving £40mil plus in wages with the player that have left many of whom did not make massive contributions last season.
      Bleedingred
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 486 posts | 79 
      Reply #27: Jul 25, 2023 05:23:18 pm
      valued at £50mil by club who is worth what these days is open to debate is it a coincidence Fab is going for £40mil and that is what we have offered we must be saving £40mil plus in wages with the player that have left many of whom did not make massive contributions last season.

What I can't get my head around is we needed Lavia before Hendo and Fab left. How are we still needing only Lavia when two more have left since we initially needed him? How is this being justified by so many?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #28: Jul 25, 2023 05:29:37 pm
      What I can't get my head around is we needed Lavia before Hendo and Fab left. How are we still needing only Lavia when two more have left since we initially needed him? How is this being justified by so many?

waiting for the Hendo and Fab Money to come in before spending it. I think we have had 8 players leave or about to leave are we trying to purchase players with the money saved in huge wage savings ?.  I thought we wanted players in early so Jürgen could integrate them ready for the season which is only a few weeks away.
      Bleedingred
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 486 posts | 79 
      Reply #29: Jul 25, 2023 05:47:04 pm
      waiting for the Hendo and Fab Money to come in before spending it. I think we have had 8 players leave or about to leave are we trying to purchase players with the money saved in huge wage savings ?.  I thought we wanted players in early so Jürgen could integrate them ready for the season which is only a few weeks away.

But didn't Jürgen say he wanted a cb? I'm sure he did?

Wtf has happened here? We were billed to have a massive summer in regards to rebuilding this squad. We've replaced five with two so far. Add Lavia and that's three. Where is this cb we need? Where is the rb for Trent going in to midfield? Why are we forever being short changed in positions we need strengthening?

We have no rb if Trent moves to cm!
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,547 posts | 725 
      Reply #30: Jul 25, 2023 06:12:40 pm

i think they want 50 mill because Citeh have a sell on clause, I think they said it was 20% which seems high to me. But i dont know the industry standard
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #31: Jul 25, 2023 06:15:27 pm
      i think they want 50 mill because Citeh have a sell on clause, I think they said it was 20% which seems high to me. But i dont know the industry standard

I couldnt tell you if he is worth £5mil or £50mil but we need to get on with building up the squad as more players are likely to leave including Kelleher and Philips which would make around 10 players in total and we have signed 2 so far of note.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,342 posts | 1526 
      Reply #32: Jul 25, 2023 06:22:23 pm

windows open till 1st September. Have Faith
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,213 posts | 1221 
      Reply #33: Jul 25, 2023 06:33:40 pm
      If we think he's that good then £50m will be seen as fair value for a player with so many years ahead of him and whose wages will no doubt be cheaper than an established target. The negotiation will be over how much of the fee consists of add ons etc.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,342 posts | 1526 
      Reply #34: Jul 25, 2023 06:56:41 pm
      If we think he's that good then £50m will be seen as fair value for a player with so many years ahead of him and whose wages will no doubt be cheaper than an established target. The negotiation will be over how much of the fee consists of add ons etc.

Ive not seen a great deal of him, so not qualified to talk about his talent. He seems a popular choice on here, and as you said, it will be a long term investment so £50 MILL wouldn't be a bad price. I just hope we can get a more established player as well, as its a big responsibility to step in to a top team and perform to your absolute best at 18 years old. An older guiding influence he would probably benefit from.
      Just my opinion, he may turn into an absolute beast of a player straight away. I dearly hope so !
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #35: Jul 25, 2023 07:53:58 pm
      windows open till 1st September. Have Faith

if we are in the market come 1st Sept we have fu**ed up .
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,694 posts | 3713 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #36: Jul 25, 2023 08:13:07 pm
      Next week, he will be here because we will continue to deal with them until we find a balance between what we offered and what they want.

shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts | 128 
      Reply #37: Jul 25, 2023 08:14:22 pm
      if we are in the market come 1st Sept we have fu**ed up .

Let's hope Arthur Melo hasn't unpacked his case
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1629 
      Reply #38: Jul 25, 2023 08:32:00 pm
      Let's hope Arthur Melo hasn't unpacked his case
      :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,213 posts | 1221 
      Reply #39: Jul 25, 2023 10:04:46 pm
      Bid rejected according to the Guardian, £35m+add ons. Hopefully by the time we meet in the middle no other clubs are involved. It's a judgment call ultimately. Sometimes it's best to make an early deal, sometimes it pays to wait.

Risk of an early deal is we may pay more than would otherwise be the case, £5-10m perhaps. Risk of delaying it is other clubs may make approaches and we could get gazumped + if it falls through other options may be more limited and less time with the squad before the season starts.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #40: Jul 25, 2023 10:58:34 pm
      Bid rejected according to the Guardian, £35m+add ons. Hopefully by the time we meet in the middle no other clubs are involved. It's a judgment call ultimately. Sometimes it's best to make an early deal, sometimes it pays to wait.

Risk of an early deal is we may pay more than would otherwise be the case, £5-10m perhaps. Risk of delaying it is other clubs may make approaches and we could get gazumped + if it falls through other options may be more limited and less time with the squad before the season starts.

We'll get him for £40 mill
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #41: Jul 26, 2023 07:19:03 am
      Would be great to see this get done in the next 24 hours. And then perhaps the Fab deal can fall through an all!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #42: Jul 26, 2023 09:35:27 am

wish I had your confidence if Chelsea dropout we should get it done soon the lad played last night .
      rossyred

• 9,290 posts | 1664 
      Reply #43: Jul 26, 2023 10:44:29 am
      Looks like.this is close now would.expect this to be  wrapped up this week
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #44: Jul 26, 2023 11:17:34 am
      For someone so young, his physique is superb. Looks like a monster player with prem experience. It’s a no brainer.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #45: Jul 26, 2023 12:00:24 pm
      Ornstein and the Athletic reporting we are about to put in a second bid. Reckon it'll end up with something like 40m up front, then another 5 to 10m in add ons.

To me this kid looks destined for the top and I could see another team coming in for him if we don't, and if somehow he stays at Soton this season I reckon he'll end up back at City eventually. Listening to City and Soton fans they mostly seem convinced he's the real deal. Lets get this done now regardless of the Fab situation.

Quick Reply