Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Romeo Lavia (Southampton)

Read 49716 times
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 850 
      Re: Romeo Lavia (Southampton)
      Reply #1219: Aug 14, 2023 05:27:22 pm
      Ah F**k this sh*t
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,313 posts | 1671 
      Reply #1220: Aug 14, 2023 05:27:34 pm
      I feel like Jorg may not be asked to stay after this 3 month contract ends ;D

But he vapes and likes a pint and works whilst he is in Ibiza all good . Can't be sure exactly who is making a mess of all this and Klopp may also be part of this but its been just one big disaster since we managed to sort two release clause transfers
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #1221: Aug 14, 2023 05:28:12 pm
      But he vapes and likes a pint and works whilst he is in Ibiza all good . Can't be sure exactly who is making a mess of all this and Klopp may also be part of this but its been just one big disaster since we managed to sort two release clause transfers

When you see what Chelsea are offering these players you can see why they are going there
      rossyred

• 9,313 posts | 1671 
      Reply #1222: Aug 14, 2023 05:30:24 pm
      When you see what Chelsea are offering these players you can see why they are going there

Come on we can't keep using that yes for Caicedo but for Lavia this comes down to more I think and being wanted . In which case we should of moved on or secured him when the iron was hot .
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #1223: Aug 14, 2023 05:30:42 pm
      I can understand when players choose Barca or Real over us but when it’s Chelsea and probably soon will be Newcastle then we better look out because we will be lucky to get Europa League.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #1224: Aug 14, 2023 05:34:04 pm
      Come on we can't keep using that yes for Caicedo but for Lavia this comes down to more I think and being wanted . In which case we should of moved on or secured him when the iron was hot .

Again it depends on what they have offered him

We have had a bid accepted yet he is picking Chelsea -  I don’t doubt the wages offered will be through the roof for a 19 year old
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,623 posts | 759 
      Reply #1225: Aug 14, 2023 05:35:39 pm
      I can understand when players choose Barca or Real over us but when it’s Chelsea and probably soon will be Newcastle then we better look out because we will be lucky to get Europa League.

The salary is higher at Chelsea and Newcastle. But do you really want a play that is so much motivated by money??

All that really matters is what happens on the pitch at the end of the day.

Chelsea and other teams have always been able to offer higher salaries (in the last decade or so)
      rossyred

• 9,313 posts | 1671 
      Reply #1226: Aug 14, 2023 05:37:19 pm
      Again it depends on what they have offered him

We have had a bid accepted yet he is picking Chelsea -  I don’t doubt the wages offered will be through the roof for a 19 year old

Word was he wanted us . Now I suppose if we had our bid accepted weeks ago then Chelsea could have bid as well but at least we could have moved on instead of basically  wasting a month on this lad.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 62 
      Reply #1227: Aug 14, 2023 05:42:44 pm
      We messed up penny pinching and are looking very stupid if I was klopp I would be ready to walk
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #1228: Aug 14, 2023 05:43:04 pm
      Word was he wanted us . Now I suppose if we had our bid accepted weeks ago then Chelsea could have bid as well but at least we could have moved on instead of basically  wasting a month on this lad.

The whole transfer window is a mess tbh - in some ways i don’t think we were serious about Lavia or wanted to spend that much on him hence the bids of £40-46mil ( which is still stupid money for him )

It’s very hard to see who to believe through it all with the differing “sources”

None of the likes of Ornstien etc mentioned any bids so

But we now have 2 weeks to get something sorted
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #1229: Aug 14, 2023 05:43:58 pm

Ok so we won't be able to ever buy any players because someone can come in and offer them ridiculous wages? I mean we've bought players in the past that could have got bigger wages elsewhere...what has changed?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #1230: Aug 14, 2023 05:45:10 pm
      Only positive with the Lavia deal is we might now try and get a more experienced DM, someone ready to come in and fire straight away and not up and coming potential.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 850 
      Reply #1231: Aug 14, 2023 05:46:29 pm
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #1232: Aug 14, 2023 05:46:32 pm
      Ok so we won't be able to ever buy any players because someone can come in and offer them ridiculous wages? I mean we've bought players in the past that could have got bigger wages elsewhere...what has changed?

Indeed we had no problem previously despite offering lower wages.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #1233: Aug 14, 2023 05:46:54 pm
      Only positive with the Lavia deal is we might now try and get a more experienced DM, someone ready to come in and fire straight away and not up and coming potential.

If we are lucky we'll end up with Sangare and Tyler Adams. But at this point I'm sure we'll find a way to piss those guys off and we won't be able to close those deals either.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #1234: Aug 14, 2023 05:47:36 pm

The contracts that have been offered by Chelsea 🤷‍♂️

We have also been able to bring in two players on the wage structure we have.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #1235: Aug 14, 2023 05:48:10 pm

Believe that's not actually Paul Joyce...it's an account that tags him in hopes of getting clicks. Buyer beware if you are taking that account's tweets as gospel. Hopefully I've got that wrong.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #1236: Aug 14, 2023 05:48:13 pm

We weren’t competing for those players against mega rich clubs 🤷‍♂️
      Bleedingred
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 486 posts | 79 
      Reply #1237: Aug 14, 2023 05:48:26 pm
      Sky have reported he wants Chelsea.

F**k meeee we have become the laughing stock of this window. I thought it couldn't get worst but it has. This is F***ing sickening.
      rossyred

• 9,313 posts | 1671 
      Reply #1238: Aug 14, 2023 05:48:39 pm

Has to he problem is we will.get royally fleeced and the other team will.need to replace their outgoing . I am just hoping we can pull a gem from South America or some other league grateful to play for us instead of a 40 Yr contract them wankers are throwing out
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #1239: Aug 14, 2023 05:49:00 pm
      The contracts that have been offered by Chelsea 🤷‍♂️

We have also been able to bring in two players on the wage structure we have.

Exactly, so you saying (implying?) that it's Chelsea's wages that are making the difference doesn't jive.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #1240: Aug 14, 2023 05:49:05 pm
      Believe that's not actually Paul Joyce...it's an account that tags him in hopes of getting clicks. Buyer beware if you are taking that account's tweets as gospel. Hopefully I've got that wrong.

Or it’s one of those accounts that watches his podcast and then takes little snippets and posts them but doesn’t include any context
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 158 
      Reply #1241: Aug 14, 2023 05:49:18 pm
      We don't have any pull anymore that even second class midfielders are rejecting us. We don't offer higher wages to offset missing out on Champions league football.

Quick Reply