Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Andre (Fluminense)

Read 28452 times
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Andre (Fluminense)
      Aug 01, 2023 05:45:26 pm
      Liverpool have made contact with Fluminense for Andre to understand the cost of signing him, seen as an alternative to Romeo Lavia. - @JamesPearceLFC

Sorry this may be behind a paywall . This story seems to be picking up. Reddy is also reporting this.

https://theathletic.com/4725539/2023/08/01/romeo-lavia-liverpool-transfer-news/?source=user_shared_article

I can’t see how he is an alternative to Leiva as he is not really a No 6 - very good passer though. And highly rated in Football Manager  :lmao:

Could be a strategic leak to get Southampton to lower their demands or we are genuinely open to alternatives.

Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Re: Andre (Fluminense)
      Reply #1: Aug 01, 2023 06:02:50 pm
      The lad clearly likes a tackle and a lofted pass (he plays about 50 of them in this compilation!). Looks like an out and out holding middie.

Personally, given that we lost our entire midfield (pending Thiago) it would make sense to me to sign the player who knows the league and has proven he can play in the EPL. Or even better, sign them both.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cXX8iD8FXbA&pp=ygUQYW5kcmUgZmx1bWluZW5zZQ%3D%3D
      « Last Edit: Aug 01, 2023 11:39:07 pm by Scottbot »
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #2: Aug 01, 2023 06:08:38 pm
      Good to have alternatives. Then we are able to compare prices or price paid per unit of ability or potential.

Will be financially savvy to go for the player with a lower dollar per quality ratio.

Me guess is maybe Lavia isn't that compelling to be paying the full £50m since this is perhaps a "competition".
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #3: Aug 01, 2023 06:10:28 pm
      Andre in as Hendo replacement.

Lavia in as Fabinho replacement.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #4: Aug 01, 2023 06:20:06 pm
      Andre in as Hendo replacement.

Lavia in as Fabinho replacement.

Bad news. Then let's squeeze Liverpool since they need to replace their senior players. Slap a 30% premium on the offer price. Take it or leave it. You are cornered.
      Don77

• 6,539 posts | 1088 
      Reply #5: Aug 01, 2023 06:51:21 pm
      Bad news. Then let's squeeze Liverpool since they need to replace their senior players. Slap a 30% premium on the offer price. Take it or leave it. You are cornered.

This is why you get deals done first and then rinse the clubs buying our players.

Not sure what we're getting for 12m. Fabinho and Hendo combined would buy Lavia ... is that 2 for 1 a good deal?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #6: Aug 01, 2023 07:21:19 pm
      Looks like they don't want to lose him this window unless it's for big money (35m) and the window closes tomorrow. Not sure why we'd wait till the last minute to try and complete a transfer (oh wait......)

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,379 posts | 2823 
      Reply #7: Aug 01, 2023 07:41:30 pm
      Buying direct from South America is definitely something I'd like to see us do a bit more often - City have done it to good effect in recent years and of course the Spanish clubs do well from it too.

That being said though, if we were to go after someone like Andre I'd like us to sign someone else who might be a bit more ready to hit the ground running. Get the feeling an Andre type player would need a decent period of adjustment.
      rossyred

• 9,290 posts | 1664 
      Reply #8: Aug 01, 2023 07:46:30 pm
      Could be we have left this a tad late or is it a cunning plan . Either way my head is spinning and constantly  on my phone.  Have we gone so late as given up on Lavia or is it both 🤔
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,167 posts | 1094 
      Reply #9: Aug 01, 2023 09:41:34 pm
      Yall are wild. I'll check on yall after the window closes. YNWA
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,342 posts | 1526 
      Reply #10: Aug 01, 2023 10:22:53 pm
      Looks like they don't want to lose him this window unless it's for big money (35m) and the window closes tomorrow. Not sure why we'd wait till the last minute to try and complete a transfer (oh wait......)

Which window closes tomorrow ?
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,213 posts | 1221 
      Reply #11: Aug 01, 2023 10:26:54 pm
      Yall are wild. I'll check on yall after the window closes. YNWA

:lmao:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #12: Aug 01, 2023 11:45:08 pm
      Which window closes tomorrow ?

Brazilian league.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #14: Aug 03, 2023 04:25:37 pm

I don’t think their window shuts until august 13th, at least that what I read when I looked into it online.

I listened to Tim Vickery talk about this lad earlier. He was VERY complimentary and painted a picture of someone who could do very well in a Klopp team.

The problem is that they are in the running for the Copa Libertadores this year and may be reluctant to sell in mid season.

I rate Tim vickery’s knowledge of the South American game very highly.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #15: Aug 03, 2023 05:17:47 pm
      I don’t think their window shuts until august 13th, at least that what I read when I looked into it online.

I listened to Tim Vickery talk about this lad earlier. He was VERY complimentary and painted a picture of someone who could do very well in a Klopp team.

The problem is that they are in the running for the Copa Libertadores this year and may be reluctant to sell in mid season.

So their window is shut for incomings. So they could sell him to us, but they wouldn't be able to replace him. Would certainly make it difficult.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #17: Aug 03, 2023 05:59:54 pm

Here is the link to Vickery's comments regards Andre.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12933000/andre-to-liverpool-fluminense-exit-from-copa-libertadores-key-to-transfer-progression

Key points he stressed were: He is a very mobile player, a good passer, at fluminese they have a kasmakaze approach and are very attacking. He is expected to cover a huge  amount of ground and is often over-run (ring any bells!) and then when he wins the ball they expect him to start attacks from the back. He is often given the ball with lots of opposing players on top of him. Sounds like an interesting prospect. Vickery is very quick to slate players he does not feel would be ready for European football.
      « Last Edit: Aug 03, 2023 06:08:30 pm by Scottbot »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #18: Aug 03, 2023 11:39:28 pm
      Here is the link to Vickery's comments regards Andre.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12933000/andre-to-liverpool-fluminense-exit-from-copa-libertadores-key-to-transfer-progression

Key points he stressed were: He is a very mobile player, a good passer, at fluminese they have a kasmakaze approach and are very attacking. He is expected to cover a huge  amount of ground and is often over-run (ring any bells!) and then when he wins the ball they expect him to start attacks from the back. He is often given the ball with lots of opposing players on top of him. Sounds like an interesting prospect. Vickery is very quick to slate players he does not feel would be ready for European football.

Lavia and Andre would be great business.
      Your nerves would be gone though reading Twitter.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #19: Aug 04, 2023 11:18:01 am
      at fluminese they have a kasmakaze approach and are very attacking

They do. I don't watch a huge amount of Fluminense but they play Flamengo at least 4 times a year (this year it will be 6, possibly 8 if we meet in the Libertadores QFs), and he's always left a good impression. Fans and commentators alike also rave about him. His manager sometimes drops André into the backline as well, even though he isn't particularly tall. Fluminense's manager is a bit mad - he still hasn't found consistency at the top level but when his team plays well, they look absolutely amazing; sometimes they look like amateurs trying to play from the back though. But I would blame the manager here for how much he puts his players under pressure.

The skillset you get playing under a system such as this, however, seems very translatable to a Klopp team: you run a lot, always join in the press and counter-press, and play your way out of trouble, pass on the floor, etc.

Positionally André is often their most defensive midfielder however in terms of style I don't see him as a 6 in the mould of Fabinho. He's more adept at controlling possession and progressing with it rather than sitting in front of the defenders, like Fab would do.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,342 posts | 1526 
      Reply #20: Aug 04, 2023 10:22:10 pm
      Could be a strategic leak to get Southampton to lower their demands or we are genuinely open to alternatives.

Or both 😊
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #21: Aug 05, 2023 04:47:30 am
      Highlight of this guy seem better than lavia. Def more of a baller. Stocky frame looks like he’d hold up well in prem.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #22: Aug 05, 2023 01:54:55 pm
      Highlight of this guy seem better than lavia. Def more of a baller. Stocky frame looks like he’d hold up well in prem.

The issue will be the time needed to adjust to the Premier League. If we get him I still feel we'll need someone with more experience to manage the rigors of this season at least.

Quick Reply