Trending Topics

First Team Squad 23/24

Read 5807 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Re: First Team Squad 23/24
      Reply #46: Sep 04, 2023 09:14:19 pm
      4 games in and the squad is looking stretched already in defence. Trent a doubt for Wolves, Gomez playing centrally and Bradley also injured.

Still none the wiser why we do this with our right back slot but there we go.

Not sure what the options will be if Trent doesn't make the wolves game. Will Konate be back to free Gomez to go to right back or will a midfielder have to have a go there?

Quansah will come at centre back I imagine
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #47: Sep 04, 2023 09:42:30 pm
      4 games in and the squad is looking stretched already in defence. Trent a doubt for Wolves, Gomez playing centrally and Bradley also injured.

Still none the wiser why we do this with our right back slot but there we go.

Not sure what the options will be if Trent doesn't make the wolves game. Will Konate be back to free Gomez to go to right back or will a midfielder have to have a go there?

I suspect Konate and TAA will both be free for Wolves and also maybe VVD

If not then Gomez with go right back and Quansah into CB
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #48: Sep 05, 2023 01:31:02 pm
      Think we’ve seen already the faith Jürgen has in his squad, young Quansah has obviously impressed hence his involvement this season, again this is kudos to allowing the young lads to all train under the one roof at the AxA, how many have advanced their talents and learnt by being amongst seasoned players,

Particularly in the last 2 years, Kaide Gordon, Kelleher, Tyler Morton, Curtis Jones, Connor Bradley, Stefan Bajcetic, Bobby Clarke, Jarell Quansah, Ben Doak have all followed Trent Alexander Arnold and made it through to play in the first team, I’m sure there are one or two more who I’ve missed but you tell me another Premier League club that has done more for the academy kids than what Liverpool has, and continues to do so,

Quansah like Bajcetic last season has broken through and probably saved us several Millions in search for a CB, I’m no number cruncher but put a price on all of those heads above and I’m betting it’s a tidy sum, and who’s to say some of them may become regular players if indeed they step up again, so whenever we get injuries or players leaving we won’t always find the answer in the transfer market, we have our very own shop window to look at for players mostly familiar with our system and how easier it is to make the transition from academy hopeful to squad players.

YNWA
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #49: Sep 14, 2023 12:45:48 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #50: Sep 14, 2023 06:16:13 pm

Glatzel a surprise as I didn't realize he has been training with the first team even.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #51: Sep 14, 2023 06:22:43 pm
      Glatzel a surprise as I didn't realize he has been training with the first team even.

Think he will prob be around the bench during cup games
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #52: Sep 14, 2023 06:56:33 pm
      Think he will prob be around the bench during cup games

Maybe. I mean he played very little on loan to Tranmere Rovers the past two seasons. Doesn't really matter because there is no other home grown player to put there, but he seems the definition of squad filler. Shame he got injured so badly a few years ago, but he's way below our first team level.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #53: Jan 25, 2024 10:41:07 pm
      Was thinking about this earlier on, does the fact we've got so many religious players on our books help in any way?

Is it just another thing that the lads share and respect each other with - even if they follow different faiths.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #54: Jan 25, 2024 11:20:51 pm
      Was thinking about this earlier on, does the fact we've got so many religious players on our books help in any way?

Is it just another thing that the lads share and respect each other with - even if they follow different faiths.

I'd say it likely builds a culture of respect for each other that then in itself helps team spirit.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #55: Feb 19, 2024 07:56:05 pm

Quick Reply